main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daydreams in the Night. Post-TPM

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh look, another one.

Summary: Obi-Wan's having weird dreams. Or are they?
    Spoilers: TPM. Of course if this is a spoiler, what are you doing on this board?
    Disclaimers: Uh huh. I'd like to see someone claim Qui, Obi and Ani as their own. And don't worry about the money because there is none.
    Archive: All you need to do is ask.

Obi-Wan sighed as he sat down on his bed. He rubbed at his eyes tiredly. While training Anakin was usually a joy, it was also exhausting. The boy, no, young man, seemed to question everything he could without being disrespectful.

But then when did anyone ever say it was easy to raise a Padawan. He wondered if he was ever half as much trouble for his Master.

The stray thought sent deep rotted sorrow through the Knight. Even after ten years since Naboo, his Master?s death hadn?t lost much of its grief. Nor the fact that he still blamed himself.

He closed his eyes to hold back the tears. When would he stop grieving for his Master? When would the hole in his heart where his beloved father used to be, mend? Something whispered to him that it never would. Obi-Wan believe it.

The Knight quickly shielded, not wanting to let his Padawan sense his feelings. Another thing about his apprentice was how hard it was to hide anything from the boy. Being the Master of the ?Chosen One?, there was always a new and interesting challenge. He often thought of what his Master would do but more often then not came up with a blank.

He sighed again. Enough of this. He had only a few precious hours to sleep and worrying about what if?s and could-have-been?s weren?t going to help him rest any faster.

He got dressed for bed then slipped under the covers. Ahhh, much better. One of the few privileges of being a Master was getting a comfortable bed and warm covers. He closed his eyes and let his mind drift. Sleep finally came and Obi-Wan gave into it gratefully.

And we're off.

2. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    good beginning... where's the rest?

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Cool start Swede! Looking forward to more (as always) ;)

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Holy Force, Swede. Another one?!

:D

Looking forward to the next post. :)

= Clare =

5. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Yes, yes, another one. But this one is completely done so I don't have to worry about it besides just a little editing. Which is a very good thing. I have enough with Eyes and Bonds. And I'm not even going to talk about Chance. Next post up in a bit.

6. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    BEEP BEEP BEEP

A hand jumped out and slapped the annoying sound. On the third try it finally stopped and he pulled his arm back in under the covers. What time was it? It felt like he had just gone to sleep. He pried one eye opened and the red glaring numbers finally focused enough to tell him that it was late morning.

With an irritated groan, Obi-Wan pushed back the covers and climbed out of bed. He sat on the edge for a minute, trying to get his sluggish brain to tell him why he was still so tired after a long night?s sleep. Rubbing his face again he made his way to the ?refresher.

He only got as far as he bedroom door.

He stood in the doorframe dumbly looking at the living room he had entered. Something was wrong. It didn?t look right. It didn?t look like his. He blinked. It wasn?t his. The room was smaller; not as cluttered as the one he shared with Anakin. A few holos on the small end table, two chairs and a holo-player in the corner. No couch, no desk comm. And there were only two other entryways. The ?refresher and the door leading out to the rest of the Temple.

He blinked again. No, this was definitely not his quarters. The one that he shared with Anakin, the one he had stayed in with Qui-Gon.

There was a sound from the kitchen around the corner. Someone was in there.

Obi-Wan crept forward slowly, wishing he had his lightsaber but wanted even more to know what was going on and why he was in some strange quarters.

He inched along the wall, looking for something to defend with if need be, and poked his head around the corner. What he saw wiped any thought of attack and question. In fact it wiped away all thought away but one.

Master?

Tall, longhaired and making what appeared to be breakfast, Qui-Gon Jinn stood in front of the counter with his back to Obi-Wan. He was cutting fruit, humming a meaningless tune.

Obi-Wan blinked. What was Qui-Gon doing here? More importantly, what was he doing alive? This has got to be a dream.

Qui-Gon put the cut pieces on a plate and moved, getting out some cheese and bread. In the process he turned around and spotted Obi-Wan.

The Jedi Master grinned. ?Good morning, Obi-Wan. I know you have the day off, but I was hoping you?d spar with me. Sorry for ?breaking in? but I thought making breakfast would make up for it. Go get washed and dressed and it should be ready by the time you get done.?

?Master?? Obi-Wan?s tone was soft and bewildered. Qui-Gon smirked.

?You haven?t called me Master in some time. You must really be out of it. Don?t worry; you can get some sleep later. I?ve put some caf on. Extra sugar, right??

Obi-Wan nodded numbly. Yes, this was a dream. He thought of pinching himself but dared not in fear it might work and the dream would disappear.

He suddenly grinned. Well if he was dreaming of Master being alive, who was he to spoil it?

?Ahh, yes, thank you, Mas? err Qui-Gon.? Boy, it really felt weird saying that name, but good too. He never had a chance to call his Master by first name only. It would take some time getting used too.

The tall Jedi chuckled. ?Go get dressed. A mug will be waiting for you with your name on it.?

Obi-Wan laughed. ?Hey, I don?t need you writing on my dishes. You only get so many of those, you know.?

Qui-Gon flung a fruit peel at the Knight. ?Brat. Train and raise you for twelve years and this is the thanks I get.?

Obi-Wan grinned, easily avoiding the peel. He could get used to this. Bartering back and forth with his former (and late) Master. The thought sobered him for a moment. It didn?t go unnoticed.

?Obi-Wan? Is something wrong??

The man broke out of his thoughts and looked up at the elder. Green eyes met bright blue and Obi-Wan could have sworn he could feel his Master in the Force. But it wasn?t really real because this was only a dream and dreams could seem like life, able to take impressions, sounds and feelings from waking hours and convince the dreamer that they were really awake. But Obi-Wan had already decided that he wa

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awwww! That was so sweet! Now for a post on Eyes Can Deceive... ;)

More soon please! :D

8. Ginger_Ninja

Ginger_Ninja Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
    As happy and as cute as that post was...something ISN'T right...

Cool! :D Post more soon! ;)

9. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Uppity!

More soon please! :D

KG :cool:

10. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Short post for now. I'll put more up later after school.
    Obi-Wan sighed happily as he got ready for bed. His dream had turned out to be simply wonderful. He had spent an entire ?day? sparring, eating, and talking with his former Master. He found it amazing. He had never seen this side of Qui-Gon. The man, though still reserved, had been open and frank with Obi-Wan, something he had never done when he was the man?s Padawan. It was almost like the two had been together for the past ten years, on missions, negotiations, or just Temple daily life. Obi-Wan found it quite refreshing.

He smiled tiredly as he crawled into bed. He was exhausted but happy. Correction, he thought he felt exhausted. It was simply a dream. A very vivid and real one, true, but only a dream.

He wiggled into his covers and, absent-mindedly waving his hand, flicked the light off. Closing his eyes, he eagerly looked forward to waking up, for real this time, and to continue training Anakin. He hadn?t thought of his Padawan all day but he didn?t worry. He didn?t have to worry about his apprentice all the time, did he? But he felt somewhat refreshed, if not in body, at least in mind.

He let the fake sleep overtake his mind and he drifted off.

11. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Cool Swede!! This is different! I like it! More!

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Thanks Obi.

Yes, Anakin is in this one. But quess what, he's nice. A mean one just wasn't going to work in this. So you don't have to have a fit if you hate his guts or anything. [face_mischief]

Obi-Wan slapped the alarm. Didn?t he just fall asleep? He glanced at the clock. No, it was morning and time for him to get up. Then why did he feel so tired? It felt more like he had been up all night. Then he remembered his dream and he smiled. Well, maybe it took more out of him then he thought. He didn?t mind being so tired if he was having dreams like that. Though he hoped it didn?t become a nightly thing. He did need to get some rest after all.

He got out of bed and washed up. He paused in the middle of washing his hair. His hair was still long but in his dream he had no beard. He ran a hand over his chin and felt the rough hair there. Yes, he still had one.

Obi-Wan shrugged. Must just be his subconscious letting him see what it would be like without one. He gave it no more thought, got out and dried off. After he was dressed he went to see if his Padawan was up.

The Knight stopped in the door and leaned against the frame. Anakin was still sound asleep snoring loudly. Wearing only his sleep pants, the young man had some how twisted and tangled himself in his blankets. He wondered why his Padawan hadn?t gotten up yet until he spotted the remains of the alarm on the floor across the room.

Obi-Wan smirked. He couldn?t really blame the boy. He himself had been known to Force-throw his alarm when he hadn?t wanted to get up. And they did have something of an off day today. Of course that didn?t mean he was going to let his Padawan not get any training done. They were Jedi.

?Anakin.? The Master called still leaning on the doorframe. ?Padawan, time to get up.?

A groan was his only answer and Anakin pulled his pillow over his head.

Obi-Wan chuckled. ?Come on, Ani. I?ve let you sleep in long enough.?

?Go a?ay.? Came a mumble from under the pillow. ?I?m sleepin?.?

?I can see that.? The Knight raised his hand and the covers untangled themselves then floated off the bed.

?Hey! I?m cold.?

?You wouldn?t be if you got up and got dressed.?

The sandy haired boy finally pulled his head from under the pillow and glared at Obi-Wan. ?Isn?t there a Code somewhere about Masters not being able to abuse their Padawans like this??

Obi-Wan laughed. ?Nice try, Ani. But I already tried that one on Qui-Gon. It didn?t work then either.? Most of the time when he, or some else, mentioned his Master, Obi-Wan had to shield his sadness. But for once he only felt a little regret that his Master wasn?t here. He still missed him, yes, but the all-consuming grief didn?t hit him like it usually did. Must have been that dream. Maybe it was a way for me to deal with never having known him outside of being a Padawan.

?Master?? The questioning voice broke him from his thoughts. Obviously, Anakin had picked up the emotions too. Or more accurately, lack of.

?Nothing to worry about, Padawan. I just had an interesting dream last night.?

?Oh,? The young man said. He was fully awake now. ?Is that why you feel different this morning??

Obi-Wan?s eyebrows furled. ?Different? How so??

Anakin shrugged. ?I don?t know. You feel more at peace, but also? um, like you?ve been somewhere else.? The youth shook his head. ?I don?t know, Master. You just feel different.?

?Hmmm.? Obi-Wan thought. ?You are correct about me feeling more at peace. But I?m just tired, Padawan. And I certainly haven?t gone anywhere since I?ve gone to bed.?

Anakin grinned. ?No place you would tell me anyway.? He yelped when his pillow hit him in the head.

?I?d watch what you say to your elders, young Padawan.? Obi-Wan gave a small smirk. ?Now, get up. I?ll make breakfast.?

Anakin groaned, fell back on his bed and pulled his pillow over his head. ?Can?t we eat in the Dining Hall??

Obi-Wan glared at the boy. ?Keep that up and I?ll make lunch too.?

Anakin poked his head out. ?But wouldn?t

13. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Why do all you Obi-fans hate Ani? :(

I'm glad he's nice in this story. Good posts, TheSwedishJedi. :)

14. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    I not usually hate him. It all depends on the story. I was just warning other that do.

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- a new Swede story. But don't forget the other ones!

16. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Another good start. Another swede fic. Its sure to be good then :) I'm such a kiss ass, just kissing up to inquire about a Bonds post? Its my fave so far.

Anakin_girl I dont hate Anakin, but i can take him or leave him. Obi is the true chosen one as far as i'm concerned.

Cant wait to read more swede :)

17. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    I agree with shanobi. If it wasn't for Obi-Wan, the whole universe would have gone down the drain. And as for 'Bonds'. I only up on that once a week. Other wise I would have never have time for anything else then writing.

?Yes, Ani??

?What did you dream about??

They were eating a simple breakfast: fruit and bread with butter and melted cheese. Obi-Wan found that he wasn?t really that hungry, which turned out to be fine since Anakin was clearly starving and eating everything in sight.

?I dreamed that I was with Master Qui-Gon.?

?Oh, like when you still a Padawan.?

?No, more like if he was still here today. It was quite nice actually. We spent the day dueling and talking.?

?So,? Anakin asked hesitantly. ?You weren?t sad??

?No, not at all.?

?That?s good.? The young man stuffed another slice of bread covered with butter and cheese into his mouth. ?I foont whike witt when phoure saabb.?

?Anakin.?

He gulped and blushed. ?Sorry, Master. I?m just glad you?re in a good mood today, that?s all.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes narrowed. ?And why would today be any different then any other day??

Anakin shrugged and tried to look innocent. ?No reason. Can?t a Padawan just be happy for his Master??

?When it?s you? No.?

?I?m hurt, Master.?

?You?ll get over it. Now spill.?

?Really, there?s nothing going on.?

?Anakin.? The tone was his full I?m-the-Master-and-you?re-just-a-Padawan.

?You just might be getting a call from the Ship Masters, that?s all.?

Obi-Wan groaned and put his head in his hands.

?What did you do this time, Padawan?? He asked without lifting his head.

?Nothing, really.?

?Padawan.?

?It?s not my fault the override systems on the speeders are so lax.?

The bearded man sighed. He suddenly felt twenty years older. ?What I?m I going to do with you, Anakin Skywalker.?

The younger man shifted in his seat, nervous, but still managed a small smile.

?Let me off with only an hour extra meditation??

Obi-Wan lifted his head high enough to glare darkly at the youth.

?Or maybe not.? Anakin squeaked.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Obi-Wan shuffled into his bedroom. Though the morning had started fine, it had turned into a long day. After telling Anakin to clean up breakfast, he had sent his Padawan to run some errands then do his meditations with two extra hours for the speeder incident. And that was only the begging. Anakin was grounded for the next three weeks with extra meditations and chores. You?d think that after ten years of living in the Temple the boy would learn that when a speeder is locked down in the open he shouldn?t be riding it and that off-world dignitaries didn?t like to be buzzed.

The young Master had spent all afternoon and most of the evening apologizing to the Temple Ship Master and about 15 different representatives and their families. Luckily, most of them had been gracious and accepted his apology. The Knight frowned. He wasn?t sure but one of them might have wanted to try and get Anakin into some kind of racing on his home planet. Obi-Wan couldn?t have been sure; the man?s accent had been heavy, slurring his words together. He was sure it was that because Obi-Wan hadn?t smelt any alcohol on the man?s breath.

He shook his head to clear it. If he had been tired this morning, he was exhausted tonight. And his bed never looked so inviting. He crawled in under the covers on his hands and knees. The sheets and blankets were smooth and felt wonderful on his weary body. He sighed gratefully as his head hit the pillow. He was fully asleep in minutes.

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    BEEP BEEP BE?THUD

?Aarrggg!? Obi-Wan cried as he Force-flung the Sithy alarm across the room. He swore he had just gone to sleep. But the sun was shining brightly through his partially opened widow and was creeping along the floor to his bed.

The Knight hung his head in his hands and bit back the anger and frustration welling up in him. He wasn?t going to cry. Not over the fact that he didn?t seem to be getting any rest. But he had to have gotten some because he had gone to sleep a little after ten, early for him, the sun down and the day at it?s end. And now a new one was shining brightly in his room. He glared evilly at the light hoping it would get the idea and leave. Unfortunately it didn?t.

About ten minutes later he convinced himself that he probably should get out of bed. Have to set a good example for his Padawan and all. Maybe he could send the boy over to Bant or even Yoda for a few days. Let his clearly overworked Master get some rest and relaxation. Then yesterday?s events came to mind and Obi-Wan flopped back down on his bed. That boy is going to be the death of me.

Sighing, he grabbed his robe and bath stuff and shuffled out of his room. For the second time in two days, he only got as far as the doorway.

Sith!

He was staring at the same small living room that he had dreamed about the other night. The one were he and Qui-Gon had spent the day together.

I?m dreaming again.

He walked to the kitchen expecting to find his former Master making breakfast again. But the room was empty. A couple plates and glasses were still on the small round table, much like he had left them before he had gone to bed. Almost like he really had been here. But how could this be? This was just a dream. And dreams don?t continue where you left off when you woke up.

Obi-Wan tensed. Cold, hard lead settled in the pit of his stomach. What if??

He ran back to his room and keyed on the comm. He waited for it to warm up, still in his robe and sleep pants, nervously running his hand through his long hair. He paused then rubbed his chin. It had a little stubble, but clearly it was no beard.

The comm beeped that it was ready and Obi-Wan?s eyes slide to the screen, the different menus that he could access where clear and easily readable. Obi-Wan stood there, dazed. Dreams might be a collection of the past day?s events, but he knew that no one, no one Human anyway, could ?read? in their dreams. It had to do something with the side of the brain that processed words not being active during sleep.

Obi-Wan slowly sat down, completely unsure of what was going on or what he should do.

All right, Kenobi. He thought. Time to pull your self together. What do you know, besides the fact that you are either part of some weird experiment or have finally lost what was left of your mind.

First, Qui-Gon is alive. That thought alone was enough to lighten any day. But what about Anakin? When he had been here last, Qui-Gon hadn?t mentioned the youth at all. Was he being trained? Had the Council accepted him? Had he even been found on Tatooine?

Later. Right now what he really needed was a strong cup of caf. He left the comm and entered the kitchen again. After putting a pot on, he dumped the dishes in the washer and took out some more bread and meat and made a quick sandwich. He found he wasn?t as hungry as he should be. He had eaten in the Dining Hall with Anakin, Bant and her Padawan before he had gone to sleep. Was that why he was still full?

He ate only about a quarter of the sandwich but downed two large cups of caf, each with extra sugar. He wasn?t a big caf drinker. Usually a small cup was enough to get him going but he was drained and he had a lot of searching to do today. He thought of calling for Qui-Gon but remembered that the Jedi Master said he was going to be busy for the next couple of days. He wondered how much time had passed between now and his last visit.

After he cleaned the table again, he grabbed another cup of caf and headed back into his room. A

19. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I love this story!!!!!! ahhhh! ok i love u too Swede! hehe anyways, that was a great, long post... the perfect kind!
    Post soon!!

~*Nikita*~

20. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Ahhh... it's nice to see Obi get some peace if not rest. I do wonder though how long he can function without 'sleeping.'

21. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Awww... [face_love]

Wouldn't it be nice if Obi-Wan just collapsed because of lack of sleep?

"I'm fine, Mas - Qui-Gon."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Qui-Gon, I'm perfectly fi..."

Thud.

= Clare =

22. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Thanks everyone. :) Glad you like it.

Obi-Wan groaned. His hand flopped around until he hit the right button. He was still tired. Some how he wasn?t surprised. But at least now he had a better idea of what was going on.

Now all he had to do was convince his Padawan and the Council.

He got showered and dressed, wondering briefly if he should shave his beard. But no, part of the reason he had grown it was in honor of his fallen Master. Plus it helped him keep track of where he was. If that made any sense.

Getting out of the ?refresher he found his Padawan already in the kitchen eating a lit breakfast.

?Caf, Master?? The youth held out a mug the streaming liquid. Obi-Wan?s nerves and stomach protested at the sight.

?No, thank you, Padawan. I?ve had enough caf for the next hour or two.?

?Master?? Anakin asked confused.

Obi-Wan sighed as he sat down. ?Anakin, we need to talk.?

?If it?s about yesterday, I?m really sorry Master. I was just having fun. I didn?t mean for anyone to get hurt. I know what I did was childish and I promise never to do it again.?

Obi-Wan sighed again at the reminder of his Padawan?s antics. Another thing he had to deal with. But not now.

?I?ll keep you to your promise, Padawan. And I already gave you your punishment. I wouldn?t go back on that unless something more comes up.? Anakin breathed in relief. ?But that?s not what I want to talk to you about.?

?Oh??

?But first I need to ask you if you sense anything? unusual.? Obi-Wan would have done it but his concentration was not what if should be.

Anakin gave his Master a puzzled look, but did as he was told. He closed his eyes and reached out to the Force. After a couple minutes, the young man opened his blue eyes again.

The Padawan frowned. ?It?s the same as yesterday, Master. You feel different but I can?t tell how or why. It?s stronger now though. Kind of more focused or something.?

?Hmmm.? Obi-Wan rubbed his forehead.

?Master? What?s wrong??

Obi-Wan sighed. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. The Knight then processed to tell his apprentice about his ?dreams?. He told him about Qui-Gon and finding out that Anakin wasn?t alive. He also told him that to Obi-Wan, yesterday had been spent reading by himself, not talking his Padawan out of more trouble.

?So when you go to sleep, you wake up in the other place??

Obi-Wan nodded.

?And I?m here and Qui-Gon is there??

Obi-Wan nodded again. ?It?s like I?m getting a chance to see what it?s like to be if Naboo hadn?t happened.?

?And not become my Master but just a normal Knight.?

Obi-Wan started. ?Anakin, that?s not what I meant.?

Anakin smiled. ?I know, Master. But I also know that I?m not the easiest to train and all.? The youth bowed his head and fiddled with his fingers. ?I? I?m really grateful that you care for me and always standup for me in front of the Council. You, you?re the only one that always tries to help me. No matter what I do.?

Obi-Wan sat in his chair staring at his Padawan. ?Ani.? He breathed. ?Padawan, I will always stand up and support you. You are my Padawan. And I care for you too.? Obi-Wan smiled warmly. ?You?re like a brother to me. You helped me after Qui-Gon died. You stand by me when we?re in front of the Council. And despite some of your less-than-Jedi stunts, I am glad to be your Master.?

Anakin beamed. ?And I?m glad to be your Padawan.?

Obi-Wan?s yawn broke the moment. Anakin laughed.

?Lets see if we can?t find out what?s going.? The Padawan said.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

The two spent the day doing more research, this time in the Temple Library. But by late afternoon they returned to their quarters, still empty-handed.

?Are you sure it isn?t some whacked out dream or vision, Master?? The young man almost fell into the chair next to Obi-Wan, watching his Master. The Knight rubbed his eyes.

?I don?t know, Ani. It could be.? He yawned. He had stopped reading when the words had started blurring together in one large jumble. ?If it

23. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Yay! A lost Swede story that I might've never found if it were not for the wonderful moderator Julie! I heart you foreva', Swede! Never stop writing.

I think this is making sense to me. But then, this is some 'whacked out' sense. :D!! I put my faith in you, my lady!!

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I agree, I think it's making sense. But since my life feels just like Obi-Wan's right now, maybe I;m dreaming too!

25. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Thanks guys. Maybe I shouldn't be asking if this makes sense just yet.

TheFallen, I put my story links on my bio so you check that for any new ones.

Obi-Wan slowly opened his eyes. He listened to the alarm for another minute before shutting it off. He glanced at the time. He was still tired but the clock said it was morning.

He wasn?t surprised.

He pulled himself out of bed and shrugged on his robe. He didn?t need a shower but after rubbing his chin decided he should shave. He walked out into the main room, glanced around and confirmed his suspicions. He was back in the small quarters. The one without Anakin.

Obi-Wan made his way to the ?refresher. He came back out some ten minute later, having only cut himself twice. Great way to start the day.

He and Anakin had played for a couple hours. The strategy thinking actually seemed to have waken him up some and by the third game was able to beat his Padawan. He went to bed, hoping that it was just a dream or vision and that he would wake up still in his quarters.

But no. It wasn?t going to be like that today. Or was it really night? Obi-Wan shook his head. He didn?t know. And Force he was tired. He just wanted this to end. How long had it been since he had gotten some real sleep? Two days? Three? Jedi were usually able to spent up to a week awake if need be, but Obi-Wan felt more and more drained every time he went to bed and woke up.

He sighed as he fixed some strong tea and something to eat. Caf wasn?t going to work anymore. He hoped having something in his stomach would.

The Knight sat in one of the chairs and flipped on the holovid. There was a holo-movie just starting. Good, something to keep him awake. He planned on staying in the quarters until he came up with a plan. Or at least think straight for five minutes.

The end of the holo-movie on the vid broke Obi-Wan out of his muddy thoughts. He clicked it off and sat back in the chair.

He sighed heavily and rubbed his face and eyes.

What was he going to do?

A loud chirp made him jerk. He looked up. It chirped again. He glanced at his bedroom. A third chirp. Right, the comm. Someone had left a message. That meant getting up and walking. And reading it. And mostly likely responding to it.

Terrific.

Grunting, the Knight pushed off the chair arms and made it through the door and to the comm. He brought up his inbox and clicked on the new message. After about four tries, his brain was able to process the information.

The Council wanted to see him. There was a mission. They had chosen him.

Wonderful.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Obi-Wan stood in front of the Council. He didn?t really remember how he got here, the halls and turbolifts all blended together, but the important thing was he was here. The next important being, of course, how soon could he leave.

Master Yoda was speaking. He probably should be listening. Obi-Wan wanted to talk to the Jedi Master. No. Wait. That was tomorrow. With Anakin. And Anakin wasn?t here. But Qui-Gon was. Because Ani died at Naboo, not Qui-Gon. So he couldn?t talk to Yoda. All right, good, got that all sorted out. Next line of business: how much caf he could drink before his nervous system was completely fired.

The silence brought him back to the Council Room.

They were all looking at him. Was he supposed to say something? Or had they figured out that something was wrong? Maybe if he waited them out?

?Listen you were not, Knight Kenobi.?

Mace nodded. ?You are distracted. Is something the matter??

Should I lie to a room full of Jedi Masters and see what that gets me, or just tell the truth and get marked as crazy? Decisions, decisions.

?I-I am a little tired, Masters.? Most definitely the truth.

?See that already, I do.?

?I thought you were on a break, Knight.? Ki-Mundi said.

Obi-Wan rubbed his face. His Padawan?s latest adventure came to mind. ?Dealing with Anakin is hardly ever a break.? He muttered. He heard sharp gasps and hisses all ar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.