main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Birthday Tears, JA 2/22(Done)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    You know, I should probably stop writing all these stories before I have mental break down or something.

Summary: Obi-Wan is alone on his 13th birthday.
    Spoilers: Nope.
    Disclaimers: No I don't own Obi or Qui. You can keep Bruck.

He sat under the large, drooping tree hidden from wondering eyes; knees pulled up to his chest. His arms were wrapped tight around his legs, chin resting on them. He stared blanking into space, thoughts drifting, not focusing on anything.

His cheeks were dried now, his eyes red. It was his birthday. Actually, yesterday was his birthday. Today? Today was just another day. Another day that didn?t matter. Just like yesterday.

He sniffed again telling himself he wasn?t going to cry. Not again. So what if his Master didn?t remember? So what if he didn?t care? It was just a stupid date. It didn?t really matter.

Just like him.

He started at the thought. Is that what he thought? Really? No, he mattered. To someone. His friends. Maybe his teachers. Master Yoda seemed to like him. He thought his Master did but he guessed he was wrong.
    He sniffed again and whipped his eyes. No, he was NOT going to cry.

He shivered as a light breeze ruffled the branches and leaves above. He had forgotten his robe when he had left their quarters this afternoon. He forgot his boots too. He had been to upset and had just wanted to get away from anything that reminded him of the man that he had pledge his life to.

He tapped his right foot softly on the ground. It twitched a little but otherwise seemed fine. As long as he didn?t put his full weight on it, it didn?t hurt. He wished sometimes that Bruck would just disappear off the face of the planet. Why did the boy always pick on him? What did he ever do to him? And it wasn?t as if he hadn?t had a bad enough day yesterday to begin with before Bruck thought he would add his own birthday greetings.

Will someone please tell me to stop writing! :D :p

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I like [face_mischief]....more!!!

3. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oooooh! Yes, I definitely like it too! Please, update soon! Will Obi-Wan get his river stone? No, don't answer :D, I'd rather read and find that out!

Poor, poor Obi. Qui-Gon had better have a good excuse for forgetting him! :cool:Or I will personally hunt him down!

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Keep going, great strart so far!

5. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    What did Obi do I hope he kicked Bruck in the you know what :) keep going
    don't forget: EYES CAN DECEIVE 7

6. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Sure Swede, you can stop writing....as soon as you run out of ideas and finish the stories you've got going!!! 8-}

In other words, when you're 90.

Anyway, more soon please!!!

7. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I want to say yes....STOP writing and let me have a post on Bonds please. But now you've got me hooked with more Obi anguish.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME [face_devil] Please?

I cant take all these short posts on all these awesome stories! I think i'm going to have to take a break from reading and come back to the boards in a few months..........as if i could :mad: Okay, you got me for another one. This sounds too good to pass up.

8. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    <waves hand guiltily>

Hi, I've been reading your stories....um... and lurking.... <blush> but I didn't want you to stop and I was so happy to see another story by you.... and....all.... so I desided to unlurk for the moment and beg you to post more, to thank you for your posts, and to let you know I am reading.

Now back to lurkdom and prepairing for finals. (ahgh but I dislike the quarter system with it's three sets of midterms and three sets of finals and...)

9. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Poor Obi. Good story, TheSwedishJedi.

10. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    ApprenticeM: That's sounds about right.

shanobi: Umm... Bonds is going to be at least a few more days.

This is going to only be a short story (only eight pages on Word) and I have it done otherwise I wouldn't be posting it. How is it I can write a short story in 8 pages but I can't write a 2-page report for class?

Obi-Wan walked slowly through the Temple gardens; hands folded in his cloak, eyes on the dirt path. Today was his 13 birthday, a day meant to be spent in quiet reflection and meditation with oneself and Master. Only his Master was away on a short mission and would not be back until late tomorrow.

Obi-Wan sighed as he continued his stroll. Master Qui-Gon had been called away to a nearby moon for some emergency conference of some kind two days ago. It had happened so sudden that Obi-Wan had never been able to mention what day was coming up. Qui-Gon said he would be gone for three days. Obi-Wan had asked to come with but had been forbidden by the leaders of the conference. Qui-Gon had reassured him that everything would be fine and that he would be back before he knew it. Obi-Wan was to stay and work on his studies. Tahl would check on him from time to time but Qui-Gon had trusted him enough to not get in trouble for a couple days.

?Think of it as your own mission, Padawan.? His Master told him before he left. ?We can test how good your survive skills are.? There had been a warm sparkle in the man?s eyes that made Obi-Wan smirk.

?Well, if I can?t survive in the Temple for a few days, then I better not go camping any time soon.? He had remarked back. His Master had chuckled and patted him on the shoulder as he left.

The first day had been fun. He did his studies and finished by mid-noon. Then he had gone down to the gym to spar some, a favorite active for him. Later Bant and Reeft came over and they watched a holo-movie and ate popcorn. It had been a fun night filled with laugher. His friends left late and Obi-Wan slept in the next day. He figured he could since it was his birthday and his Master wasn?t there.

He finished his reading and ate lunch. He had hoped that his Master would call or leave a message, wishing him a good birthday. Qui-Gon had told him he?d call when he got to the conference. But so far, Obi-Wan had heard nothing from his Master.

He went to the gardens to try and sooth his mind. He knew that Xanatos had betrayed his Master and that becoming his Padawan had been a miracle of the Force. He had done everything he could to please his Master but was hard pressed to get any praise.

Not that he expected to be spoiled. His Master wasn?t like and that. Qui-Gon was the silent strong type, saying he was pleased with a small smile or a twinkle in his eye. Obi-Wan had learned quickly to watch for those signs, cherishing each one that he earned. He also didn?t expect to have a place in his Master?s heart like Qui-Gon had in his own. But the young Padawan had accepted that. He was happy to have any place in the Jedi Master?s heart.

Bumping into a semi-solid objected stopped Obi-Wan?s thoughts and movement.

?What ya doing, Oafy-Wan??

?Nothing, Bruck. Just leave me alone.?

But the boy didn?t listen. ?Isn?t it your birthday, Oafy-Wan??

He mumbled something.

?What was that?? Bruck asked with a sneer. He had heard but he couldn?t help tormenting the other boy.

?It said yes. Happy??

?Almost. Where?s your dear old Master? Oh I forgot, he isn?t here. Must have forgotten all about you.? Bruck laughed. ?Probably didn?t want to be around you when you reminded him how close you were to not becoming a Padawan and how close he was to being totally free.?

Obi-Wan cringed.

?I heard the Council tried to get him to not go but he insisted.?

?You lie.? Obi-Wan hissed. Bruck just shrugged causally.

?Does it matter? You?re here and he?s not and it?s your birthday. You?d think he?d know when your 13th birthday is since it is so important when becoming a Padawan.?

?Well at least I HAVE a Master.? Obi-Wan spa

11. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    OH! That Bruck, he's such a bully. As if poor Obi isnt miserable enough he has to go and make it even worse.

I hope nothing has happened to Qui-Gon (atleast in this fic, there are a few others where he needs to be thoroughly throttled) he didnt just forget did he? Hope he has a very good reason for not calling Obi.

Have to wait and see I guess, ho hum :)

Major Ho, Hum on Bonds Atleast its usually well worth the wait. til then.

12. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Bruck..... :mad:

Can I hit him? Please?

And as for the paper Swede, well, all I can say is writing fan fic is MUCH more fun! 8-}

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Die, Bruck, die, die!!! [face_devil]

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Come on Obi-Wan, can't you push Bruck down the waterfall ahead of schedule?

15. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Cruel and stupid brat, that Bruck. :mad: What *is* Qui-Gon doing?

Nice to know this story is complete, Swede! We won't have to wait for the next posts for too long! :) ....... I hope!

16. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    stranger and stranger I posted but it never showed.... hmmm up this must go! now stick postie.

17. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <Bruck runs off screen as a mob of anger readers chase after him with pitchforks, torches, lightsabers and blasters>

Geez, I didn't think people were going to get so upset over that. Oh, well.

And here's why people shouldn't be mad at Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon walked briskly through the Temple halls. Bag slung over his shoulder, he was happy to be home. The emergency conference had been a surprise, not in how sudden it was but that he had been chosen to go. He and Obi-Wan had just gotten back from a mission and he had hoped to get a few days in of Temple training before the next one. But the Council had seemed he was the best for the job and he had no chose.

Qui-Gon sighed. Obi-Wan?s birthday had been yesterday and he hadn?t been there. He had tried to be taken off the mission but the argument had been in vain. So he had to go and leave his Padawan alone for the day. But he hadn?t forgotten. He had left a recorded message with Mace to give Obi-Wan. He hoped that would be enough for the boy until he returned.

He reached their quarters and he palmed the door open. He frowned as he walked in. The lights were dim. Placing his bag by the door, he walked further into the room motioning the lights up. The living area was empty, as was the kitchen.

?Obi-Wan?? He called checking the boy?s room. Nothing. Hmm, maybe he was at friends. After all, neither knew when he would be back, just the day. He quickly checked for any messages for him, found two both from Tahl. He?d read them later. Most likely just telling him that every thing had been all right and he hadn?t need to worry. Not that he had. But he also wasn?t going to take any chances. What kind of Master would he be if he left his thirteen-year-old Padawan completely alone even if it was just for a few days?

He turned the comm off and head out the door. He?d pick up Obi-Wan then they would go have dinner like he had promised in his message. Remembering the message he left he commed Mace.

?Windu here.?

?Hello, Mace.?

?Hey, Qui. So you?re back now? How?d it go??

?Nothing hard. They did enforce a communication silent during the conference though. Politicians are getting too paranoid these days. I?m glad I left that message with you. I would never have been able to call Obi-Wan yesterday.?

There was a pause over the comm then a barely detectable, ?Oops.?

Qui-Gon halted to a stop in the hall.

?Oops? What do you mean by ?oops?, Mace??

?Ah, well I, might have? um forgotten to, ah give it to him.? The voice trailed off into silent.

?You what?? The Jedi Master?s voice was low and quiet. Qui-Gon couldn?t tell if he was angry, shocked or both.

?Look Qui, I sorry but I was really busy yesterday and it just slipped my mind.?

?I can?t believe you Mace.? Qui-Gon interjected as he picked up his pace again. ?It was his 13th birthday. He probably, oh Sith, he probably thinks I forgot.?

?I?m really sorry, Qui.?

A moment then, ?What?s done is done.? Qui-Gon said with a sigh. He turned a corner coming close to his destination. But as he neared he could pick up none of his Padawan?s Force signature.

?Mace, would you have any idea where Obi-Wan might be??

?No idea. Maybe friends? Why? You can?t find him??

?Not yet. I have to go Mace.?

?Alright, I?ll talk to you later.? There was click on the other end and Qui-Gon thumbed his own off and tucked it in his belt.

He knocked on a door and a minute later it opened to reveal a short, salmon colored Padawan.

?Oh! Hello, Master Jinn.? The girl said surprised.

?Greetings, Padawan Eerin. I was wondering if Obi-Wan was here.?

The girl shook her head. ?No sir.?

Qui-Gon frowned. ?Would you know where he might be??

She thought before speaking again. ?He might be in the gardens, Master Jinn.?

Ah yes, his Padawan often went there to meditate or relax.

Qui-Gon offered a small bow. ?Thank you, Padawan.?

The girl smiled up at him. ?No problem, Master Jinn. Anything for Obi-Wan. I know he?ll be happy to see you.?

18. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm not so sure about that....

19. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Well, Bruck we can hurt, Mace we'll just........ force him to eat Yoda's cooking 8-}

20. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    What the heck is a matter with you Mace? smack upside the head

You've made poor Obi miserable on his birthay, all because you forgot!

Qui-Gon to the rescue! Is there a MUSH ALERT anywhere in site? :)

21. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
  22. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Wicked story so far Swede! Grrr...Bruck sticking his ugly nose in again and stirring things up. Little git...

*crosses fingers* Mush, mush...there WILL be mush... ;)

23. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Ok, let's bring on some angsty mush!

JediCandy

24. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Only have time to up on this.
    Obi-Wan shivered again as another breeze passed by. It was getting late and he should be getting back. At the thought of how late it was he remembered that his Master was supposed to be coming home tonight. He shivered again but not from the cold.

He finally pushed himself up, hugging his arms around him as he emerged out of his hiding place. He walked back over to the dirt path, crossing a small stream and plenty of grass. His socks were pretty much ruined now, soaked, black from dirt and holes from rocks. He paused at the path just staring down at it. Bruck?s words continued to echo through his head. What was he going to do now? Did his Master really care? Had he refused to not go?

Obi-Wan signed. Well, he should be getting back. He couldn?t let his Master see him like this. He strode down the trail and over the small bridge that crossed the stream.

?Well, look who it is.?

Obi-Wan closed his eyes, holding back his tears. He did NOT need this right now. The Padawan paused for only a second before he continued again, ignoring the taunt.

A shoved from behind made him stumble. ?Hey, I?m talking to you, Oafy-Wan.?

?Just leave me alone, Bruck.?

Obi-Wan felt the other?s anger flare, his only warning. He twisted his shoulders as another fist came swinging by.

?What are you doing??? Obi-Wan cried as he moved out of the way again. He knew Bruck didn?t like him, but usually the other boy didn?t start fights for no reason.

?You?re always so lucky.? Bruck kicked out at him. ?You get everything. A Master. Friends. Even that troll Yoda like you.? Obi-Wan ducked a fist to his face only to get one in his stomach. Stumbling and wheezing, he tried to back away from the raging boy.

?Leave me alone, Bruck.? He gasped. ?I don?t have anything. My Master doesn?t care. He never did.? Obi-Wan swiped at his eyes. ?You were right, Bruck. Alright? You were right. He doesn?t care.?

Bruck stared at him in shock. Then he sneered.

?Well, well, how the mighty have fallen.? Bruck gave one more shove, sending Obi-Wan sprawling on his back right in the middle of the small stream. Obi-Wan?s foot slipped on some rocks as he fell, wrenching his ankle further. He bit back a small cry.

?What?s going on here??

Both boys jumped at the voice. Obi-Wan looked up and up to the tall figure of Qui-Gon Jinn. The longhaired Master stood with folded arms, gazing down at the two.

?I?ll ask again, what is going on??

Bruck stuttered but said nothing. Obi-Wan blinked then hung his head.

For a moment they waited in silence.

?Initiate Bruck, if you have nothing to say, I suggest you report to the Crèche Master and tell her want happened. I will be speaking with her in the morning.?

Obi-Wan heard Bruck bow then scurry off. He kept his head down and shifted to move out of the cold water.

?Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan glanced up at his name. Qui-Gon was kneeling next to him, concern written all over his face.

?I?m sorry, Master.?

Qui-Gon frowned then shook his head.

He offered his hand and helped the boy stand. Obi-Wan slipped a little as he half walked, half hopped out of the brook. The large man placed a hand under his arm further supporting him. Obi-Wan hung his head again.

The Jedi lead his apprentice to a stone bench under a nearby tree. Obi-Wan tried to not lean on his Master but his foot spasm every time he stepped on it. He was shivering even more now, his pants and lower tunic soaked. He was cold, wet, limping, and miserable. And best of all, his Master was here to see how pitiful he really was.

He sat slowly on the bench, arms wrapped around him tightly. The Jedi Master wrapped his own arm around Obi-Wan, pulling him close.

?Obi-Wan, there?s something I must apologize for.? Obi-Wan barely nodded. So his Master found out what day it was yesterday. ?I left a message with Mace to give to you yesterday incase I was unable to call. But he forgot and for that I am truly sorry.?

Obi-Wan was baffled. Master Windu had forgotten his b

25. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    ***sniffle sniffle***

Don't go...I want more!!!!

JediCandy

ps. Great post. Now I want hugs....
    :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.