main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Bent (JA and sequel to "If You're Gone")

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Jul 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Title: Bent
    Author: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    Rating: PG-13 (just to be safe)
    Summary: pre-TPM, (H/C, angst, non-slash), Obi?s recovery from the
    events in ?If You?re Gone.?
    Disclaimer: Obi, Qui, Mace and Yoda are George?s, Healer Darak and Knight Bental are mine.
    Archive: Sure, usual, just drop me an e-mail.
    Feedback: You know I love it, good or bad. Keeps the ideas flowing.
    Notes: This story assumes knowledge of my other fic ?If You?re Gone.?
    =============
    ?BENT?

?If I fall along the way. Pick me up and dust me off.
    And if I get to tired to make it, be my breath so I can walk?

Can you help me, I?m Bent.
    I?m so scared that I?ll never, get put back together.
    Keep breaking me in, and this is how we will live,
    with you and me, Bent.?
    ---Lyrics and inspiration by singer Rob Thomas (Matchbox Twenty)
    ========================

Master Healer Darak Quen sat across from his friend, Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. Both men quietly observed the young man in the next room, Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.

?It?s only been a week Qui-Gon. Only 5 days released from our care. Physically, he is much improved. He?s getting stronger by the day. The electro-staff?s that were used on his legs damaged the muscles, but things are healing nicely. Now you on the other hand??

Looking over at the healer and taking a deep breath, Qui-Gon responded. ?It?s his mind that I am worried about Darak. Emotionally, he is not well. He doesn?t sleep much, and he?s been kept awake with these severe nightmares. Sometimes he?ll wake up screaming, his body just drenched in sweat. But he?ll keep insisting that there is nothing wrong, that he can handle it. This is not something he can handle on his own, I don?t know why he won?t let me help.?

?I?ll tell you why he?s afraid to ask for help. First, he doesn?t want to be a burden to you. I?m sure he?s thinking that the last thing you need while you are still recovering from your own injuries, is a 20-year-old apprentice who can?t sleep through the night. Second, he thinks it?ll all just go away if he doesn?t talk about it. He?ll wake up one day and everything will be normal again. Tell me Qui, has he let you into his mind at all.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?No, his shields are slammed tight. I can?t help him unless I know what he saw, what he went through. And he is not a burden to me Darak, he will never be that. I just want to help him.?

?I know he?s not a burden to you Qui, but look at this from a young Jedi?s perspective. This is something he has been trained to handle. He shouldn?t have to go running to his master
    for help.?

Darak paused before continuing. ?I believe that everything is related to what he was a witness to. Knight Bental?s death is haunting him. It?s up to us to get him through this.?

The Jedi Master took a step closer to the observation window, watching his padawan carefully. ?Do we know what kind of torture Bental was subjected to??

?The electro-staff?s that were used on Kenobi were the main tool of torture. When used at the highest setting, they cause convulsions to rip through the body. It looks as if there was massive internal bleeding as a result of these convulsions. Bental?s death was slow and extremely viscous. This is not the way one want?s to die.?

A thought came to Jinn. ?He was married wasn?t he??

?He was. His wife has been cared for. She will be okay given time.?

Turning his attention back to his apprentice, a feeling of helplessness came over Jinn.
    Obi-Wan sat, knees pulled to his chest, arms wrapped around them. His chin rested on
    his knee. ?He?s scared to death Darak.?

Darak threw a sorrowful look in Qui-Gon?s direction. ?Somehow, we have to break through those feelings, his shields. It?s the only way we can help him.?
    =========================

The last place Obi-Wan wanted to be right now was in Healer Darak?s office. The stress of the last few nights had worn his patience and his temper very thin. Dark shadows circled his eyes, evidence of the lack of sleep

2. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Good! Completely believable, and I liked the ending, too, it made me smile.

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Jane !!! UPPERS!!!

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    to the top

6. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Nice ending

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    up up and away !!

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  9. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    Obi the Kid, well, it took me all day, but I finally got it all read. I loved it. Great work as usual. I just loved it so much. The ending was so funny. And the rest of it was just so wonderful. I couldn't stop reading. So, it made me really mad when I kept getting kicked off the computer all day long. I have been trying all day to read your story. I saw you posted it this morning and it took me until now to finish it all and tell you how much I liked it. Anyway, please keep writing more stories. I love your stories they are always fun to read. When will there be another one? I hope it will be soon. Anyway, I loved it and that is all that matters. I am just happy that I finally got it all read.

10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000

LOL !!! I knew you were out there some where McGregor!! I was originally gonna post it Sunday, but decided that a day early couldnt hurt.

Yep, there are more in the works...next one is an Obi POV story, related to the 2 fics in this series. I have a small part written but nothing even close to posting yet. I do have a title though..."Will you Remember Me."

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    man, how did my fic get way down here....get back to the top....

12. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    I can't wait for you to finish and post your next story. It should be wonderful.
    Uppers!!

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  15. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
  16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    To the Top

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another gem, Obi the Kid. You have a wonderful way with the 'boys'. I look forward to the next.

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    What can i say....I love writing about the boys!! The next one may be out on Wednesday.

19. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That was such a good story.

20. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
  21. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Wow Wednesday, that will be fast. I can't wait. I love the boys. They are the best.

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey Renton...thanks for the UP !! Please post on Fear soon !!!!

Yup wednesday is coming up soon !!!

23. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Great story. In fact great trilogy.

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Believe it or not...there will be another to this series (JP has talked me into it) in the future..maybe a month or 2...)

Thanks !!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.