side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    This is just a little something a whipped up last between studing. Only one post.

Summary: A Padawan is alone.
    Spoilers: Nope.
    Disclaimers: You know the drill.
    Archive: All you have to do is ask.
    Warning Character death.

He was curled up on his side on the top bunk of the ships sleeping quarters. His back pressed firmly to the wall, knees drawn up to his chest, and arms wrapped tightly around a pillow. Though the pillow was already soaked with tears more continued to fall from his damp, pale cheeks.

He stared out across the bed but saw nothing. Nothing that matter anyway. The room was dark, only the light from the cold, distant stars shining through the port widow offered any illumination. But that was fine. That?s the way he wanted it. Because in the dark, no one could see him and he couldn?t see them.

A sob hitched in the Padawan?s throat, making his body tremble once again. For a moment he thought he could stop it from coming any further but, once again, he was wrong and he buried his face in the pillow to muffle the sound.

No one looked for him. No one bothered him. They all knew that this was an extremely difficult time for him. And even though he was a Jedi, he was also only human and a boy. But as a boy, he wanted more than anything for someone to hug him, to hold him close, and tell him that everything would be fine. That everything would be like it was before they left the Temple.

Before this last mission.

The young Padawan buried his face in the pillow again, his muted cries the only sound in the room. Again he reached out for that spot in his mind, that spot that always held warmth and comfort. And again he came up against nothing. It was gone, cold.

Dead.

//Master! Please, Master, answer me!// He begged over and over. //You can?t be gone! Master!! Please!!//

Again the scene played over in his mind. His Master, tall, strong and noble, rushing forward to guard the Prime Minister. Green blade flashing through the air, buzzing as it blocked the bolts flying toward him. Long hair waving gracefully in the wind. Powerful limbs sure and skilled, moving to protect and guard. Just like they had done so many times before.

The Padawan was besides him, his own lightsaber humming with power. He glanced to his right and saw another threat. He moved to block. His Master moved the other way, away from him. Away from his own protection. Another threat seen, another bolt blocked. Both had to move away to do their job but one would pay for it.

The Padawan twirled, time slowed. He saw the bolt, yelled a warning, was still moving as it came. Saw his Master still blocking the other blasts. Then he saw no more as he finished his spin. Time sped up once again and the Padawan screamed. He ran to the fallen man, calling for him, yelling at him to get up. But there was no response.

People came then, more guards. They rushed in, grabbed the Padawan, shot at the attackers and fled with the survivors. The whole time he had shouted for them to stop, that they had to go back. His Master was still there. He was still there. He couldn?t leave him! Master!

//Master!// He cried out to the bond again. Again no one answered. //Please! Don?t leave me! I don?t want to be alone!//

But there was no answer and there never would be again.

?I-I d-don?t wanna b-be alone?? He sobbed softly, sounding very much like a lost child. His chest and stomach ached from his grief; his arms and legs tense. His whole body was shaking from his emotions.

He was alone. So alone.

//What do I do now???// He cried over the bond. But still no one heard. No one would ever hear. //Please? Master?//

Nothing.

The young Padawan curled up further on the bed and started to rock back and forth. The man was gone. Forever. And there was nothing he could do. He was alone. All alone.

?? M-masss-ter...?

finis

2. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Poor Obi!!! *hugs obi*

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    All I have to say,is that this is excellent writing.BUT...................Swede, thats a horrible story for QGJ/OBI readers and especially one to start my weekend.I like your mushy ones much better with both our boys breathing.PEACE Ewen

4. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Sorry ewen. You can always read Birthday Tears over again to get in a mushy mood.

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    thats o.k.because it really was so well written,I just hate death scenes.I realize you can not appease all of us all the time and not get bored out of your wits.PEACE Ewen

6. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooooooooh, Obi!! *Huggles with tears streaming down her face* That is so friggin' sad!!!!!!! :_| Excellent job, Swede!

KG :cool:

7. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    == sighs happily ==

You know, a nice Swede story was just what I needed to perk up my feverish little self right now. Ugh, being sick sucks the galactic muffin. Write on, Swede! :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Finis?

you're just going to leave us with that little kleenex wringing vignette?

9. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Very sad :(

But you wrote the emotions so well.

We're we depressed when we wrote this?

10. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    :_| That was so sad...poor Obi-Wan... :_|

= Clare =

11. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    ugh well written and i do like it... only there must bbe more to the story! Please!

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Sorry guys, I doubt I'll write anything more on this. It was just a one scene, one post kind of thing.

shanobi, Yeah, I was a little depressed. The week was getting to really long. Plus I hadn't worked on Eyes or Bonds at all and I needed to write something.

13. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Everyone likes angish right? [face_devil]

14. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Up!

Yes...everyone likes anguish for some bizzare reason.

:_| Good work Swede!

*runs of in search of tissues*

15. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
  16. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Great job Swede! I love how you handled Obi's emotions. A very sad short story, but great angst!

Obi

17. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Good god woman why did you have to leave it there! *sobs*

18. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Great story sad yet good.
    Good work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.