main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

////Running From the Galaxy//// (Obi-Torture! :) THIS IS FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    N'kay, since the votes were even with Storm and this one, I decided to start 'um both up:

Title: Running From the Galaxy
    Author: SiriGallia
    Rating: PG (violence)
    Main Charectors: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rith'ion, Joiy and Gare
    Disclaimers: Lalala-none of these charectors are mine-lalala-They belong to George Lucas-lalala-I'm not getting paid ;)
    Summery: After foolishly taking a data pad from a stranger, Obi-Wan Kenobi finds himself in a 'shoot on sight' situation with the whole galaxy, can he escape and discover why he's being chased? Or can Qui-Gon ever track him down?

Running from the Galaxy

Chapter 1

It was a good day for a walk in the streets of Corascant. Obi-Wan Kenobi had been walking with his Master Qui-Gon Jinn in the second level of Corascant which was well known as being the tourist section of the planet. It was especially busy at that time of the year and there were people everywhere. Which was easily why Obi-Wan had lost sight of his Master. Qui-Gon had been right next to him, now he was gone, Obi-Wan looked over the heads of the people, but tall as he was there were many in the crowd that were much taller than he was and he couldn't see his master.

He was turning seventeen the next day, but they were off on a mission the on his actual birthday so Qui-Gon decided they should go out the day before. Obi-Wan turned down a residential street, one of the few streets that weren't clogged with people. Obi-Wan only saw one man further down the street. Obi-Wan studied the man, he appeared to be coming up to him. Obi-Wan was usually wary of strangers approaching him with no reason, there was something he especially didn't like about this man. The man walked up to him, his eyes shown silvery under his hood.

"Here boy," He said with a smile. "take this." The man slid a small object into Obi-Wan's hand. Suddenly Obi-Wan heard a thin spraying sound. "Keep it." The man said softly. Obi-Wan nodded and the man disappeared. Obi-Wan stared down at his hand and saw it was a data pad. He bit his lip, he hardly knew what to do with it. He slid it into the pocket of his cloak.

"I'll show it to Qui-Gon later." He decided. Suddenly he heard a farmiliar voice.

"There you are." Qui-Gon pushed through the crowd and moved down the street towards Obi-Wan. "I couldn't find you, are you alright?"

"Fine," Obi-Wan said. He was about to explain about the man with the data pad but Qui-Gon started talking.

"I got this for you." He said with a slight smile. Obi-Wan examined it. "I thought you should have your own holo calming that you didn't have to borrow." Obi-Wan smiled. He recognized it as the new model that he had told Bant all about.

"How did you know this is what I wanted?" He asked with a grin. Qui-Gon gave him an mysterious look.

"I have my sources."

"Thank you Master." Obi-Wan said finally still staring at the object in his hand.

"You're welcome, happy birthday."

They started back to the Temple and Obi-Wan remembered the data pad. He'd wait though, if it was something unpleasant he didn't want to risk it ruining this lovely day.

Obi-Wan found Bant waiting for him in the Room of a Thousand Fountains.

"Guess who I have a birthday present for?" She said with a smile. Obi-Wan grinned.

"Master Tahl." Bant giggled.

"No, silly." She teased, handing him a small box. He opened it and found a chrono on a band of blue coral crystal from her home planet. He slipped it onto his wrist.

"Thank you Bant, it's beautiful." He gave her a hug then showed her the comlink Qui-Gon had given him. She gave him a mischievous smile.

"Why I never would have guessed he would give you that."

"Uh huh." Obi-Wan grinned at her. "I'll bet."

"Did you have a nice walk with Qui-Gon?"

"Yes," Obi-Wan nodded, once again remembering the data pad. "In fact something interesting happened." Obi-Wan explained the details of his encounter with the man that morning. Bant listened closely and looked at the data pad as he pulled it out. "I haven't t

2. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Heh heh ! I get to be the first to reply ! Great story so far, can't wait to see what happens next ! I hope the man who gave Obi the data pad isn't who I think it is.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    >>silvery under a hood<<
    I can only have one guess at who it is!
    Nice story though!

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey...nice story so far Siri!
    Can't wait 4 more!!!

5. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Erin *giggle* Are you sure you know?
    Spike You think you know too? [face_shocked] ;)
    Snowbee Thanx a BUNCH! Great to see you again! :)

6. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    OOOH, goody, another Siri story!!!! Although, I have to admit, the future doesn't look good for Obi (but then again it never does, does it?)! ;)

7. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Arwen: Thanx! Yeah, poor Obi ;)

Chapter 2

Obi-Wan was fingering his birthday present from Bant and watching HoloNet News. He usually didn't watch it, but he was trying to amuse himself while he waited for Qui-Gon to get back from talking with Yoda. Suddenly there was a break in the usual program and a young woman came onto the screen.

"We take a break to bring you this special live report from the Senate building." The screen switched to a scene of the Senate building the chancellor was giving an announcement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Senators, we have discovered that plans have been devised for an elaborate destruction of Corascant." There was a chorus of astounded murmurs. "As of yet we do not know our own weakness, but of course, we are trying to discover it. These plans for the destruction of Corascant must be found, they are in the possession of Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi Apprentice, we were contacted by a reliable source which is, at this point, unavailable for comment. It is with heavy hearts that we pass the order to all the galaxy that he is to be annihilated, the reward for his death is eighty million. Again we grieve passing this drastic decision." Obi-Wan didn't here anything after that. Too many thoughts were rushing through his head. The data pad! It had to be that data pad! That man had planted it on him for some reason. He threw the data pad across the room like it was a hot coal. Obi-Wan was breathing hard. I have to leave. His mind was going numb. I have to leave and not tell Qui-Gon, if they discover where I am, and they'll probably search here first, then they'll hurt Qui-Gon I know it. Obi-Wan jumped up and grabbed the data pad. For now he had to keep it. Obi-Wan ran out of the room, he didn't grab food or credits, he just ran. Near the exit of the Temple he ran into Bant.

"Obi-Wan! What--" Obi-Wan pushed passed her and kept running. "Obi-Wan, wait!" Bant called after him. Obi-Wan felt his heart sinking and disappearing, but he didn't stop running. Out on the Temple landing pad he saw people milling about waiting for cloud cars. How many of them knew? How many could he trust? He shook his head. I can't trust anyone! He kept running.

Qui-Gon stared at the holo replay as Yoda played it for him. Qui-Gon was sitting on Obi-Wan's bed, they still couldn't find the boy.

"That's impossible!" Qui-Gon snapped. He could barely get the words out for his disbelief.

"Know this we do," Yoda nodded. "But change the situation this does not."

"They want the boy dead." Mace Windu added tentatively.

"I know, Mace!" Qui-Gon explained frustrated. "Can't we call this off Yoda?"

"Call this off we cannot, whoever did this obviously knew what he was doing."

"But tell the Chancellor that Obi-Wan wouldn't be trying to destroy Corascant! How can they even think that?" Qui-Gon felt his frustration choking him.

"We can't," Mace shook his head. "Qui-Gon they assume that Obi-Wan is just like any other Jedi that could go bad, they've just decided one less Jedi is safer."

"I know Obi-Wan! He wouldn't do this!" Qui-Gon protested. "And who do they think they are? Just deciding that a boy's life is forfeit just because they're not certain." Mace laid a dark hand on Qui-Gon's shoulder.

"Qui-Gon, you know we'll do everything we can, but it won't be easy, this wasn't just some person planting plans with Obi-Wan for fun. It would have to be someone closer to the Senate who wants something out of this."

"Master Yoda, I have to find him." Qui-Gon said with a sigh. "He'll be all alone out there. I need to find him." Yoda looked about to reply when a Jedi Knight ran in.

"Master Yoda, there is a detective Barz who wants to talk to you. It's about Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master." Qui-Gon jumped up from the bed.

"See him we shall." Yoda nodded. Qui-Gon followed Mace and Yoda out into a central room of the Temple. Detective Barz stood up and nodded at the three masters, a young woman was next to him.

"I'm detective Barz, this is my as

8. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Great post Siri!!!
    I can't wait 4 more!
    POOR OBI!!!

9. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Oh, poor Obi ! It's sweet that he doesn't want Qui to get hurt, but he needs help ! When will you ever learn Obi ? Good story btw. Someone close to the Senate huh ? Hmm...

10. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yeah, Erin-Starlight, I wonder who that might be... :D

Don't stop, SiriGallia!

11. Rainbow_Moon_Angel

Rainbow_Moon_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    LOL, this is great. I wonder where Obi went? I may have just gotten back on the boards for the first time since October, but it didn't take me long to find your stories!

12. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Snowbee: THANX A BUNCH! I'm glad you're liking it. Yeah. Poor kid :(

Erin: Yeah, when will he ever learn. ;)

Nat: Thanx ;)

Angel: Yeah, it didn't take you long! How did you find it???

Well, okay, here's another post....

Obi-Wan wandered aimlessly into a lightened bar on the third level of Corascant. He didn't know what to do, or where to go. He pushed through the crowd of people and slid into a dark corner table. He stared at the table and tried to look uninterested with his surroundings. He needed to think. He had to call Qui-Gon, let him know what had happened. Obi-Wan slid his comlink out of the inner pocket of his tunic and flicked it on.

Qui-Gon's comlink was signaling. He glanced at Detective Barz as the man started up the tracking and recording device. Barz had warned the Jedi that he could have the Master arrested for interfering with the investigation and that Qui-Gon was to say nothing to Obi-Wan about the tracking. Qui-Gon flicked the comlink on.

"Jinn." He responded. His heart leapt when he saw Obi-Wan, the boys eyes were frightened and confused though as usual Obi-Wan was trying to hide it.

"Qui-Gon? It's Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon nodded. He picked up on the Detective and Zea who were quickly tracking down Obi-Wan's position.

"We almost have him." Barz murmured to his assistant.

"Qui-Gon you have to help me, please?" Obi-Wan bit his lip. "I don't know what to do."

"Obi-Wan--" Qui-Gon looked up and heard Barz voice again.

"Almost." Suddenly Qui-Gon cut the communication. Barz looked up at him, his eyes shocked. "Jinn, would you mind explaining what that little stunt was all about?" He demanded. Qui-Gon tossed the comlink across the room.

"He's a boy, detective, he's a boy who doesn't deserve what's happening to him. Now you can hunt him as long as you want, and you will I have no doubt. I know I can't stop you, but I am not going to help you." Qui-Gon moved out of the room.

Obi-Wan stared at the dead comlink in his hand. He couldn't believe it. His master didn't want to help him. He could see the look of panic on his Master's face. Qui-Gon didn't want anything to do with him. No! He screamed within himself. Qui-Gon would never think that! But why had he cut the communication? Obi-Wan shook his head, he felt like he had lost everything he knew, everyone he loved in one day. He glanced around the crowded bar. Suddenly he saw it, hanging in the corner there was a holo projector, the channel it was on was HoloNet. Obi-Wan quickly got up, but it was too late.

"Hey!" A woman across the room called. "That's that kid from HoloNet!" Obi-Wan didn't waste a moment. He quickly ducked towards the back of the bar. Blaster fire rang through the room. One man was particularly interested in killing him. He was a large man and could move fast, Obi-Wan's only advantage was that the man couldn't move all the places Obi-Wan could. Obi-Wan ducked under the table and rolled out the other side jumping up onto the bar counter. The lady behind the counter screamed. Obi-Wan ran across the bar dodging the blaster fire as best as he could. Blaster fire hit a shot glass, the glass exploded cutting the apprentice across the leg. He jumped down from the bar onto a chair, the chair toppled but Obi-Wan was already jumping to the table next to it. The two men on that table took a swipe at Obi-Wan and managed to knock him over, the boy toppled off the table and hit the floor hard. His original pursuer leveled a blaster at him. Obi-Wan rolled away and the blaster shot hit the man behind him. The man fell and his friend let out a cry and jumped at the man with the blaster and knocked him to the ground. Obi-Wan jumped out of the way and an all out fist fight insude. Men and woman were tumbling all over eachother, most didn't have any reason to other than an interest in a fight. Obi-Wan was smart enough, and knew from past experience, that bar fights brought on security, so he push

13. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :( No, Obi, no! Don't cry! You're not alone, I'm sure your friends will find a way to help you!

But Qui-Gon really did choose the worst moment to end the communication. Has it crossed his mind that his actions could be misinterpreted by Obi-Wan?

Post soon!!

14. Rainbow_Moon_Angel

Rainbow_Moon_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I went to the "View Latest Posts" in your profile.

Obi-Wan had better get a disguise!

15. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Yeah, or at least have his hood up to hide his face. So...the big question is why does this mastermind want to hurt Obi of all people..... [face_mischief]
    Love your post. You agree with me Nat ? [face_mischief]

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey great post Siri...
    ::sniff:: poor poor Obi....

Qui, you're tryin to do the right thing but sometimes u gotta think things through more carefully ;)

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: I agree, Nat, but unfortunately Qui was in a rock-versus-hard-place situation! *sigh* ;)

Angel: Ahah! That always works ;) As for a disguise, I wouldn't worry, our boy's smart :D

Erin: Good question...um...can't answer it but you'll find out ;)

Snowbee: Yep, it's true, poor Obi, nasty Qui, ah well. :)

Qui-Gon was rehearsing what he was going to say to Yoda. Early that morning he had been called to the Jedi council, he was getting sent on a mission. He couldn't believe Yoda was serious! When he reached the council chamber he was immediately shown in. He bowed respectively. Then he spoke first.

"Master Yoda, Master Windu, Council. I must protest being sent on a mission so soon after this disaster, I believe I should have the right to save my apprentice. I'm sure that you can send someone else on this mission, I need to find Obi-Wan." For a moment no one spoke. Then Mace spoke up.

"Master Qui-Gon, no one else is fit for this mission." Qui-Gon shook his head.

"I'm sure there are many other choices, you could pick anyone else." Yoda shook his head slightly.

"Of the greatest importance it is."

"There is a young Jedi who has been accused of a great crime." Mace continued. "Someone needs to do the research and clear his name, I'm afraid it's urgent." Qui-Gon gave the masters a very confused look.

"Obi-Wan?" Yoda nodded. "But Masters, why didn't you just allow me to find him?"

"In this way," Mace said, "we can tell detective Barz that you are on a mission. You have to find him before they do." Qui-Gon nodded and a slight smile crossed his face.

"I shall complete the mission Masters." He moved out of the room. Mace and Yoda were getting sneaky, he didn't know they were capable. "I'm going to find you Obi-Wan, just hold on."

Chapter 4

Obi-Wan awoke to a very unwelcome sound of a young woman. "Dad look who it is!" Obi-Wan realized that someone else had recognized him. He quickly pushed himself against the wall and looked around for an escape. The man replied in a friendly tone.

"Why Astri, I do believe you're right." Obi-Wan stopped and stared into the faces of the two people. One was a short rather overweight man with bright eyes, the other was a girl with curly brown hair and brown eyes. Only two people Obi-Wan had ever met fit that description. Astri and Didi Oddo.

"Obi-Wan is that really you?" Astri's eyes were worried.

"Y-yes." He replied shakily standing.

"Well don't stand out here in the open." Didi said, hurriedly pushing Obi-Wan into the Cafe'. Obi-Wan now recognized the Cafe' he had spent the night in front of. Didi sat him down at the table and Astri rushed to get some soup for him. Obi-Wan waited a long time without saying any thing, when Astri came back he mumbled.

"I guess you saw me on HoloNet?"

"Yes," Astri replied putting the bowl of soup in front of him. "And we don't want any sort of explanation. As far as we're concerned, we know you're innocent and that's all that matters." Obi-Wan smiled at her.

"How is Qui-Gon taking it?" Didi wondered aloud.

"I don't know." Obi-Wan shook his head. "I tried to call him, but he cut the communication before we could talk." Didi pondered that.

"That's strange." Obi-Wan shrugged.

"I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to have anything to do with me." He fingered the spoon in his soup.

"Well I would," Didi countered. "You didn't do anything wrong, I've known you long enough to know that, and Qui-Gon's known you longer," He frowned. "There must be something wrong." he shook his head. "But what am I jabbering about anyway? You are trying to eat, I was wondering how you two were, just the other day; I haven't seen you in a while." Obi-Wan smiled.

"It's been a long time."

Obi-Wan stayed with the Oddo's all that morning, Obi-Wan hadn't realized how much he had missed someone's company even in one day. They all tried to stay off the topic of the data pad and Obi-Wan's running away, finally Obi-Wan decided it would be better if he left. "I don't to

18. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay! It's Astri and Didi! Cool! Great story! :D Poor Obi... :(

KG :cool:

19. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    No, Obi, don't leave! They can help you! Or maybe not... But we all know what happens, when you ar all alone, have a bounty on your head and nobody to trust... I just hope somebady finds him soon (and by somebody I mean a friend, not a bountyhunter!).

Please, Siri, don't let us wait too long! This is a great story so far!

20. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    You posted ! :)

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Kenobisgirl: Ya like Astri and Didi? ;) :D

Shirley: Yes let us hope! That wouldn't be good, since his situation's already dire! :D

Erin: Yep, I did ;)

"So Miss Eerin," Barz pried. "You were just going to talk to him when he came running past, ran into you, didn't say anything, pushed past you and kept running?" Bant nodded. Qui-Gon was looking from fuming master to restless apprentice. It seemed Barz had been pushing Bant for hours. "Miss Eerin according to this, we understand that Obi-Wan Kenobi is your best friend, is that not correct?"

"That is true." Bant nodded.

"So your supposed, best friend just pushed past you, didn't even say good-bye or what was wrong, and just ran away from you?" Bant nodded.

"But he was in a hurry and--"

"Miss Eerin, if you are really his best friend he would have said something, don't you think?" Bant shook her head.

"Not if he had to leave soon."

"He usually tells you everything does he not?"

"Usually, but not always." She added quickly.

"If he were leaving don't you think he would have said good-bye or something, tell you about his troubles?"

"I-I don't know," Bant stared at her lap. "But he didn't say anything." Barz came up close to the young girl's face. "I think you're lying to me miss Eerin."

"Mr. Barz," Tahl interrupted, suddenly on her feet. "This is entirely unnecessary! I think you have patronized my apprentice long enough."

"I have not finished questioning her Master Tahl," Barz responded smoothly. "Now if you want to be present for the questioning I would suggest that you be quiet." That had done it. Tahl took Bant's hand and started leaving the room. "Stop there Master Tahl." Barz ordered. Tahl stopped, and whirled on the detective.

"You are not an upstanding authority, and I don't recognize your authority over my apprentice. I am her master, and I think that you have had quite enough questioning. Therefore you may not, I repeat may not, ask her any more questions, ever! Is that completely understood?" Tahl didn't wait for a reply but turned out of the room. Qui-Gon hid a smile as he walked over to the now silent detective.

"I'm sorry Barz, I should have warned you that pushing Tahl on touchy subjects isn't a very good idea." Barz turned stiffly but didn't address Qui-Gon's statement.

"In that case I have some questions to ask you sir about your former apprentice." Qui-Gon's expression went stony.

"My what?"

"Your former apprentice, you knew him the longest, you should know the most about him."

"First of all Detective, he is not my former apprentice, he's my apprentice, and secondly I'm afraid I cannot answer any questions as of right now, I have an urgent mission that calls me away. Perhaps when I get back?" Barz nodded. Qui-Gon began to leave when Barz's voice stopped him.

"I do not think it is wise to be a friend of Obi-Wan's," The detectives eyes shimmered. "It could be very dangerous to you. I think you should reject your apprentice while you still have time." Qui-Gon turned.

"No." He said simply and left. He wasn't sure where to start, he had been hoping Obi-Wan would contact him again; Barz had stopped tracking the calls so Qui-Gon could talk with Obi-Wan now, but he didn't know how to reach the boy or if he even could reach him, and for some reason Obi-Wan wasn't contacting him. Suddenly his comlink signaled. He flicked it on. "Obi-Wan?" He said hopefully.

"No," Came the reply. "It's Didi, but I've seen Obi-Wan, he just left, he didn't tell us where he was going." Qui-Gon ran for the door.

"How long ago did he leave?"

"A couple hours ago, we would have called sooner, but Fligh busted the com station yesterday and we only just fixed it." Qui-Gon heard some kind of three way argument between Fligh, Didi and Astri but when Didi finally turned his attention back to Qui-Gon the argument had been resolved. "Qui-Gon, I really think you should talk to Obi-Wan, he thinks that you don't want anything to do wi

22. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Go, Tahl! Don't let this guy talk like that to Bant!

Thanks for the update, Sirigallia! Will we get to see other JA characters like Garen?

23. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    The story is interesting.
    I don´t know why, but I ´didn´t like thos detektive ;) !!!
    Tahl is right taking Bant away, good girl ;) !!!!
    Such a situation is typicle for Obi :p !!!!!
    I like the idea that he didn´t want Qui-Gon to get hurt!!! The call had a bad timing
    :(

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

24. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Great story!! Actually having seen the new Clone Wars trailer I have 2 suspects on who the mysterious guy with the hood is.

25. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Go Tahl ! Yeah, another great post SiriGallia
    ! I' have yet to read the JA books, I only know them from Fan fics so far. This is the first time I heard what Bant's last name is. Eerin ? Cool ! Keep going Siri I have to know what's up !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.