main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fic: The Hidden Message (post TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Aug 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    All right this is the result of a few things. A) Late nights and caffeine while talking with Usako online. B) My deep (ehem) hatred for the 'death scene' in TPM and C)My love to write.

Now, I don't own Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon or Anakin, they belong to Mr. Lucas, I'm just borrowing them for a bit. I also make no money from this work.

It's rating is G and it has MAJOR spoilers for TPM, however if you haven't seen TPM...what have you been doing? Go out and rent it!!!!!!! ^_^

Okay, let's see, oh I dedicate this to Usako, who has the same hatred for the 'death scene' as me. Although this isn't our idea for Ep. II, I suppose this could work. BTW----DWA!!!!! o_O (hehe little inside joke....sorry)

THE HIDDEN MESSAGE
    by Susie
    (Ari82@aol.com)

Obi-Wan flopped on his bed and buried his head in the pillow underneath him. It had been a trying day and now that it was over, the Jedi was exhausted both physically and emotionally. He and his newly acquainted Padawan, Anakin Skywalker, had returned to the Temple early in the morning. For the next fifteen hours, Obi-Wan had been explaining the events on Naboo to at least ten Jedi every hour.

And each time he was forced to tell of his Master's death, the young Master felt his heart tear a bit more. Each time he was forced to tell of his Master's dying words in explanation to Anakin; he felt his soul die.

No words were ever expressed by the Jedi he told the story to, but their eyes said enough. They all were wondering why Qui-Gon never said good-bye to his Padawan.

Truth be told, he never could answer that unasked question. He did not know why his Master's dying words were of a boy they had only met days before. Every night since the battle, Obi-Wan heard the words over and over again in his head.

~Train the boy~

~He is the Chosen One~

There was no good-bye, no I love you's; nothing. The young man, turned himself over and stared at the ceiling. He loved his Master and could never hate him for the promise he had Obi-Wan make, but he could not help but feel cheated by his Master.

He had lived with, learned with, and fought with this man for over a decade. He considered him a friend, a teacher and, more importantly a father. But in his dying words, Qui-Gon never expressed any of this to him.

Obi-Wan knew he was acting like a little kid. Why did he need reassurance from his Master about his feelings? He *knew* his Master cared for him and loved him.

Didn't he?

The young man blocked out that last thought, there was no need to question his Master's feelings. The man loved him like a son; he had said so before.

~Then why did he disregard you in front of the Council for the boy?~

Obi-Wan ran a hand over his weary face. He had no answer for the question either and he never would. Perhaps, Qui-Gon *did* know something about this boy that he and the Council did not.

~Perhaps~

The young Master stood up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom, which adjoined the room. Only once he was half way there did he realize he had been going the wrong way. He realized, with a small laugh, that he was heading towards his *old* bathroom. He was in his Master's room now; *his* room. Forgetting that he wanted to clean his face, Obi-Wan moved back towards the bed.

On his way back he noticed his Master's robe lying over a chair. He moved to it and picked it up; relishing the smell and feel of it. Since the battle, he kept the robe close to him in remembrance of his beloved Master. Now, he stood hugging the robe, and noticed something odd about it.

It was *heavy*.

Curious, Obi-Wan felt around in the many pockets of the robe until he found what was weighting it down.

A holovid.

He never realized the holovid before and was wondering where it had come from. However, he brushed away the thought as he moved to play it. Obi-Wan pushed the small button which soon brought to life the record on the 'vid. The sight before him made the young man feel dizzy, yet joyous at the same time. Before him stood, though i

2. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
    Oh my gods! That was so sad! I cried! :( Yeah I hated the death scene as well Jedi Susie. I thought he should have at least said something to the affect of I Love You or something! But great job!

3. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    sniffle---that was beautiful! Excuse me while I wipe tears and pie off my face. Now I am sorry I threw the punch at you.

4. Nerrie

Nerrie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2000
    Good for Qui-Gon...he actually did tell Obi he cared. This wraps up /that/ loose end from TPM, Susie; good job! :)

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

That was really sad...yet in a good way. Did that make sense?! :D

aa :D

6. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. I see many people were also not happy with the "death scene". Hey, that's okay!

JediCandy, that's okay about the punch, it sort of added a nice hint of red to my hair [face_clown]

Thanks again for reading!!

~Susie

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    what?! How can that be the end?! that was too good to be the end!!!

8. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Sorry that's the end, but hey maybe (one day in the distance future) I'll do a sequel or something...but no promises!

~Susie

9. Sith_Terminator

Sith_Terminator Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2000
    Susie

I for one hope you do a sequel to this *great* story. The tears flowed freely here!!

To the top!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.