main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Retinal Scan*** (JA, a little Obi-Torture)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Title: Retinal Scan
    Author: SiriGallia

Summery: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are given the special priveledge of being two of the few who can open doors to this one planets wealth, but when three crooks decide to try and get their hands on the treasure by way of Obi-Wan, they get more than what they bargined for.

Rating: G-PG
    Rating Reason: Minor Violence

Timeframe: JA
    Central Charecters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Kile, Tine and Dona

Genre: Action/Humor
    Spoilers & Disclaimers: Recognizable charecters belong to George Lucas, Scholastic and/or Jude Watson, all non-recognizeable charecters are mine. I'm not getting paid it's for fun :D No spoilers.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was barely interested in the conversation going on over his head. Qui-Gon Jinn was talking to Governor Sadiac and Governor Jontiree. Obi-Wan always felt like people were talking over his head. It wasn't that he was short, it was just that everyone was always taller than he was, and in the end he wasn't interested in their discussion, but had to listen anyway. The Jedi and two Governors were discussing the terms of their presence, and details on their mission.

"Our vault is the only thing we worry about." Sadiac was saying. "It is covered by the Children's Home, and it's highly likely that even if robbers could get in they couldn't find it. Still I'm worried."

"We have precautions though." Jontiree continued. "Only Governor Sadiac and I are able to access the main doors and the essential doors and windows in the building. They are all triggered by retinal scans and only our eyes are permitted to open almost all the doors. Some others are only triggered by us, security and some of the staff."

"We are making a great allowance when we let you and your apprentice able to access the doors." Sadiac shook his head. "It is very dangerous having four people who can open them. Still, we understand the importance, and we believe that the Jedi would not turn against us." Qui-Gon nodded.

"You can be certain of that sir." Obi-Wan was suddenly interested. He and Qui-Gon were two of only four people who could open the doors to the vault and most of the Children's Home's. It was an interesting idea, but it made him wonder if it would get them into trouble later.

Dona smiled at her boyfriend. "You certainly have a thing for convoluted plans, Kile." He grinned back at her.

"I thought you'd liked it Dona."

"It's crazy if you ask me." Tine put in, then quickly backed away at the piercing looks Dona and Kile were giving him. "Not that anyone was asking me." He grinned sheepishly, his teeth showing bright white against his dark skin. Dona rolled her eyes.

"So who's going to get the key?" Kile shrugged.

"I don't know, I was thinking you might like to."

Dona smiled.

"Yeah, maybe I would."

Kile turned back to his carefully drawn schematics.

"Just make sure that you get him here before three a'chrono, we'll need to move fast and three is when there is a shift change." Dona nodded.

"Got it."

"I still don't get it." Tine broke in, Dona turned a mock patient look on him. "I mean, you can't just pick the key up, you gonna walk up to him and go, 'Hey man, I'd like to borrow your eyes,'?" Dona rolled eyes skyward.

"Tine, this is why Kile's the genius and you just tag along to make things difficult."

"Hey," Tine put up his hands. "It just doesn't make sense to me." Kile shook his head.

"Tine, as long as Dona still remembers how to go through the motions, this should go smoothly."

"Okay," Tine looked satisfied. "I feel like a felon already,"

"Well, you have no right to considering how you blew that last stick-up." Dona reminded him yet again.

"Yeah yeah," Tine murmured. Kile turned to Dona.

"Well, hon, go pick up the key."

"Yes sir," Dona smiled as she pushed away from the wall, and started for the door.

2. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Now this looks interesting :)

How about a little more?

3. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Oh yeah!!! Another Siri Gallia story!!!! GO SIRI!!!!!!!

4. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    lol You just put an image in my mind that I can't seem to forget. A few people trying to get Obi through a keyhole... [face_laugh]

Post soon! :)

5. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    That´s really an interesting beginning!

can you borrow mw youe eyes? I like this boy. I feel with him, it´s really complicated ;)

I need more soon, P L E A S E

blueangel

6. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    LUV IT SO FAR! MORE!

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    GREAT START SIRI! Please more soon.

UP!

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    HEY EVERYONE!!!!!! ;) :D

shanobi: Why not? :)

Arwen: Thanx Arwen! :)

Nat: [face_laugh] What a mentel picture! [face_laugh]

blueangel: Hey thanks! I'm glad you're liking it :D

Jacinta: Thanx! :) :D

Ganki: Hey Ganki! Here's another post!

Obi-Wan couldn't find anything that suited his interest, Qui-Gon had given him permission to look at the market streets, but so far he felt really bored and wanted to head back. He started down the street, and realized that a young woman, who had been looking at some shimmer silk scarves, was now slightly behind him. Obi-Wan walked a little longer and turned, she was still there, but didn't appear to be following him. Obi-Wan tested it by going a great distance then turned into an ally, he didn't look back for a while, but when he did the woman wasn't there. He still wasn't convinced, but decided it would be better to get into a crowd, he started for the market street at the other end of the alley. Suddenly the woman appeared in front of him.

"Hey kid, what's up?" Obi-Wan tried to weave around her, but she moved again. "You're sure good looking." Obi-Wan smiled as best he could.

"Ma'am, don't force me to do something we'll both regret, please move."

"Ooh, tough guy." She smiled and ran a hand across his shoulder. "I like that." Obi-Wan jerked back. She smiled. "You have really nice eyes." Obi-Wan didn't have time to digest that compliment, but suddenly she struck out with her foot and slammed him into the wall. Obi-Wan tried to stand but she pressed a cloth against his mouth. Obi-Wan tried to resist the chemical engulfing him, he took one last breath, then darkness took him.

When Obi-Wan regained consciousness slowly; the first thing he heard was some out of tune singing, it sounded like the Jonangoian anthem but it was being sung in a grating fashion. Suddenly a Jonangoian came into the room, his dark eyes looking at nothing in particular, Obi-Wan vaguely wondered where the woman who had captured him was.

"Hey is he awake?" The Jonangoian asked himself. "I think he is."

"Who are you?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Tine." Obi-Wan looked confused.

"I thought Jonangoian's had the 'ion' ending." Tine shrugged.

"They do, and my name is really Tine'ion, but just call me Tine." Obi-Wan nodded. "Hey man, did you have a nice rest?"

"Not really," Obi-Wan admitted. "What do you want with me?"

"Me? Ah nothing, it's Kile and Dona who want you."

"Just go ahead and tell him everything Tine." A sarcastic voice came from Obi-Wan's right, he turned and saw a man with dark hair and dark eyes looking at him. "So this is the kid?"

"I guess," Tine shrugged. "He's supposed to be."

"Oh, he is." The woman was standing in the hall. Obi-Wan studied her more closely, she had short blond hair and a neutral look on her face. She winked at him and Obi-Wan looked back to Tine.

"Dona, did you get the positions of the other three keys?" Kile asked. Keys? Obi-Wan wondered what he meant by keys, also saying that there were the other three, which meant they thought he must have one, or he was one. Then it struck him. The vault doors. He could open the doors, and so could the two governors and Qui-Gon.

"Yeah, Kile, they're all three out of the building,"

"Good, let's get going. Come on kid," Kile motioned to Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan planted himself in the chair out of instinct. "Kid, don't mess with me." Kile warned. Obi-Wan still didn't move. Tine was clearing his throat trying to get Obi-Wan's attention, but Obi-Wan ignored him. "Get moving." Kile said steadily, in a cold tone. Obi-Wan didn't move, Dona bit her lip. Kile reached out and grabbed Obi-Wan's arm and twisted it sharply, Obi-Wan let out a hiss of pain, but still didn't move, Kile tried to yank him out, but Obi-Wan planted his feet against the floor, they wouldn't kill him, they needed him, and if they wanted some way to steal what wasn't theirs they could find someone else to help them. Tine grabbed Obi-Wa

9. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was great! See, my mental picture wasn't that far from reality: instead of trying to get him through a keyhole, it was simply out of a chair! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Excellent! Keep up the good work, SiriGallia!

10. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I guess the force wasn't with Obi in that alley, it must be rooting for the readers. ;) I think the theives have bitten off more than they can chew when kidnapped Obi and they're only just starting to realize it. Can't wait to see what more problems Obi can give them. BTW, what did Obi do with his lightsabre? :)

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Great, now I have a mental picture.

A VERY young Obi-Wan (as in three) grabbing onto the table leg and screaming, "NO! DON' WANNA GO! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!" and kicking and generally throwing a tantrum.... [face_laugh]

That wasn't the effect you were looking for, were you? [face_blush]

Don't worry, it wasn't your writing, merely my being around a two and a half year old and a four year old WAAAAY too much.

It was funny when it came to mind though! :D

I still like it! More please?!

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Obi-Wan Kenobi, what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into now

I think that says it all! :)

13. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Poor Obi. Every where he goes he has to be checked out by every young old female. *sighs* Oh well 'cause I know if I saw him walking along on my planet I would be checking him out. LOL

*keeps rambaling about Obi*

*ten minutes later*

Oh good opost Siri. More soon like tomorow. *the sun will come out tomorow betcha bottom dollar that tomorow they'll be sun!* LOL couldn't resit.

14. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nat: *giggle* You and your mentel pictures :D Thanx a bunch! ;)

Abbi: Yup, the Force woke up that day and decided, "Obi-Wan hasn't gotten into enough trouble lately so I'm going to abbandon him and see what happens" ;) I asume the kidnapper people TOOK his lightsaber ;)

Jacinta: [face_laugh] Not at ALL offended, I was actually gonna have Obi-Wan be littlier but it was harder to figure out WHY he would have been there in the first place ;) But I know what you mean, Obi's obviously resorting to older methods ;) :D

Kitara: Hee hee, I agree with you there ;)

Ganki: *suddenly imagining Obi-Wan with curly red hair squeeking 'It's so wonderful' every two seconds* AH! GAAAANNKIIII!!! :D [face_laugh]

N'kay, here's another post :)

"Pull his arm out if you have to!" Kile was getting annoyed, but as Dona had guessed, Obi-Wan was practically wedged in the corner of the speeder.

"Kile, we just can't get him out!" Dona complained yanking again on Obi-Wan's arm. Kile pushed between Dona and Tine. He leaned close to Obi-Wan.

"Kid," He said quietly. "All I need is your eyes, and if I have to completely maim every other part of you, I will. Now move it!" Obi-Wan pressed himself further away.

"You 'hink I'n going to help you rob the gov'hern'ors?" Obi-Wan asked with difficulty around the gag he was wearing.

"I think you don't have any other choice." Kile persisted. Obi-Wan slowly got out of the speeder and followed them, he knew that he would have to play along for the time being, until he could find someway to call Qui-Gon.

Lowtala ran down the hall of to the toddlers room, she found all the children playing happily with some of the other Orphan Keepers. She suddenly heard a wail from the baby monitor clipped to her belt. "I know that's you, Centon." She started down the hall smiling to herself. Suddenly she paused, a smoky smell was filling the corridors, she turned and saw smoke inching through the room, then the smoke alarms went off with a higher wail than Centon's. "Fire! Fire!" Lowtala screamed. In another moment an emergency evacuation of the Children's Home was taking place, and no one realized that a small smoke bomb was smoldering into nothing in the corner of a utility closet.

"Perfect!" Dona exclaimed watching everyone running past the group crouched in the corner of the lobby. Obi-Wan tried to move, he was loosing the feeling in his foot, but as soon as he did so much as twitch Kile would smack him with the hilt of his blaster, so Obi-Wan dropped the notion of moving. Finally every person in the building was gone, and the door locked. Kile got to his feet, pulling Obi-Wan with him, they ran to the door, hearing the sirens of Fire patrols coming up the street.

"I' 'his entiri'ly ne'hes'ary any 'nore?" Obi-Wan asked. Tine turned to Kile who nodded, Dona pulled her scarf off of Obi-Wan's mouth and Obi-Wan felt painful feeling rush back to his mouth. "Thank you." He didn't even try to ask to get untied, he knew they wouldn't do it.

"Get over here, kid." Kile yanked Obi-Wan to the retinal scan lock. Obi-Wan concentrated his eyes on the beam, it started to scan his eyes, and he shut them.

"Kid!" Tine exclaimed. Obi-Wan squeezed his eyes tighter. Kile grabbed Obi-Wan by the back of the tunic and spun him around. Obi-Wan's eyes fluttered open.

"Do you think this a game?!" Kile demanded. "Do you think you can stall me so that your little friends can save their planet's fortune?"

"Yes," Obi-Wan said bluntly. Kile slammed Obi-Wan into the wall.

"Well think again! Unless you want a couple blown buildings and the dead people in them on your head, I would suggest you cooperate!" Obi-Wan bit his lip, he was going to close his eyes again, but Kile whirled him around and the scan caught the irises of Obi-Wan's eyes. Kile smiled and threw Obi-Wan towards Dona.

"Accepted Obi-Wan Kenobi."

A mechanical voice intoned. Obi-Wan pulled away.

"Tine, change it." Tine was at the computer and Obi-Wan could see an enlarged

15. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh no! Poor Obi's sense of duty is conflicting!

*coddles Obi, whispering that it's not his fault and that he's a brave padawan and will figure this out*

Oh, don't worry, I'll give him back for your next post!

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
  17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Come on Obi- you have to try to escape

18. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Hmmm, are the bombs a bluff to get Obi to cooperate or are they real? It seems it would be pretty hard to rig that many buildings without someone noticing. By now Qui-Gon must know something is up. Can he reach Obi through the Force?

19. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jacinta: *takes Obi-Wan back* Oh thank you ;)

Kitara: Hee hee! Yeah! :D

Abbi: Tru it would be hard! But these guys had a pretty well laid plan...just didn't expect Obi to be sodarn difficult ;)

Qui-Gon ran in between the groups of civilians towards the front of the barrier. He tried to push under the cord separating him from the parking lot to the Children's Home.

"Sir," A security officer pushed him back. "You can't come past--"

"It's all right Lieutenant." Jontiree broke in. "Master Jinn is with us." Qui-Gon pushed under and came over to the two Generals.

"Bad news, Jinn, we can't get in. There was no fire and somehow the buglers managed to lock us out."

"More bad news I'm afraid General, I believe my apprentice was kidnapped." Jontiree looked shocked.

"He'll be able to open the door."

"Not Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said grimly. "Unfortunately Governor I'm afraid the fate of your planet is safe in the hands of my apprentice."

"What do you mean unfortunately?" Jontiree asked. Qui-Gon sighed.

"Simply that Obi-Wan will do anything to keep them from getting into that vault." Jontiree nodded.

"I see." Governor Sadiac came up to them, his face pasty white.

"What are we going to do?" He asked. "We can't contact them, we've tried everything. How are we going to know what moves they make."

"The Jedi's apprentice is inside." Jontiree informed the other governor.

"If we could contact Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon put in. "That would greatly assist our stopping them."

"But we can't," Sadiac protested. "He doesn't have a comm does he?"

"More than likely not anymore." Qui-Gon shook his head. "I'm afraid for now we'll just have to do what we can ourselves."

"They don't have any hostages." Sadiac began. "I say we just break in."

"No!" Qui-Gon protested. "They still have Obi-Wan in there." Sadiac shook his head confidently.

"They won't kill their key."

"If they have nothing else to do they will." Qui-Gon said steadily. "Besides, do you think they would let you just walk right in?"

"It doesn't matter." Sadiac said stubbornly. "We are going to try." Qui-Gon stared up at the building. If only he could talk to Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan looked around him. He had been thrown into the babies ward. At a glance around at the various cribs and toys, he couldn't see anything helpful. He needed to contact Qui-Gon and tell him what was happening, but he had a feeling it would be too much to hope for a comm just lying around, besides, with Tine standing right there, he couldn't do anything anyway. The boy walked around the room, his eyes were hot from the being scanned twice, so close together, the lasers, though not dangerous, still left his eyes hurting. Tine was obviously uncomfortable and wanted to say something. He grinned at Obi-Wan.

"So, you're what fifteen, sixteen?"

"Thirteen." Obi-Wan corrected, sitting down in a chair that rocked on the wooden planks supporting it.

"Thirteen, really? That's really amazing, 'cause when I was your age I was stealing a lot of stuff, I was a regular pick pocket at that time." Obi-Wan didn't reply. "Yeah..." Tine stared at Obi-Wan. "My first kidnapping was when I was fourteen." The young boy across from him showed no signs of wanting to have a conversation. "So I suppose since you is thirteen then you must still be living with your mom and dad right?" Pause. "But then again you're a Jedi so maybe you live with your Master, right?" Obi-Wan started rocking slightly in his chair. He was hoping that if he could be just annoying enough, Tine would give up and leave and he could find a way to escape. "You know, I think I knew a Jedi once. Yeah, he was a nice sort of guy and liked to uh....shoot moving targets...yeah he was really good at it too." Still nothing. "You know, no one'll ever get in here with Kile in charge. 'Cause he's got an invisible shield blocking everyone out. If they try to come in here 'boom', a building will explode." He received a slight glare, but that was

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    any guesses?

Knowing Obi's luck recently, I would guess that he is broadcasting on the comm channel used by the bad guys [face_mischief]

21. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great story :D ! Obi is in trouble, like usual :D . Qui-Gon has a very difficult job looking after him ;)

Make his guard leave with a toy! That´s cute and typicle Obi [face_love] !

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

22. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I agree with Kitara.

The toy thing was funny...sounds like something I'D do! In sixth grade, when we were coming back from a weekend field trip and the ride back on the school bus was going to take two hours, me and a friend sang "This is a song that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is a song that doesn't end, yes it goes....." the WHOLE WAY HOME....

We had some bruises from being hit when we got back, but it was SOOOO worth it!

MORE!

23. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Well, taking a completely wild stab in the dark guess, I would say he found the baby moniter and is hoping someone is carrying the other half. But, since he asked for his master maybe he found his comm. ;) I like how Obi got rid of his guard by playing a child's toy over and over. When my son was little it was the rolling popcorn popper that he would never play with unless I had a headache, now everything's electronic and so much more annoying. :)

24. mt1881

mt1881 Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 14, 2000
    Wow, that's a really interesting story. My first time back in fanfics, since... a long time. I'm glad I found something that caught my interest so quickly. This sounds great, hope to be able to read some more soon. :)

Hi Siri.

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Kitara: Hee hee! That would be interesting ;)

Angel: Thanx! Yes very typical of him ;)

Jacinta: O Man! Me and my friend used to do that ALL THE TIME! It was soooooooo annoying ;)

Abbi: I know what you mean! My lil sis has this toy. It's a plastic bear and when you press the botton lights flash and he plays Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Three Blind Mice and Are You Sleeping? And she just presses it over and over and over until I cleverly confiscate it ;)

Mt: Hey! It's great to 'see' you! :D WoW! I haven't talked to you in a loooooooong time! And I'm honored that you're reading my fic ;) :D

Qui-Gon watched helplessly as Sadiac started organizing a team of security police to get inside the building, he couldn't get them to give it up. Sadiac was determined. Jontiree didn't have an opinion one way or another, though he was sympathetic to Qui-Gon's worry for his Padawan, it wasn't enough to make him interfere with Sadiac. Suddenly Qui-Gon heard someone calling his name.

"Qui-Gon! Master Qui-Gon Jinn." He heard the Lieutenant right after.

"Ma'am you have to stay behind the line."

"I can't, I have to speak with Master Jinn, this is urgent!" Qui-Gon saw that a woman with sweeping black hair was trying to get past the barrier packed with civilians. He moved over to the Lieutenant.

"Lieutenant, please, let her come through." The lieutenant reluctantly moved aside and let the woman pass under the rope.

"Qui-Gon Jinn?" She asked breathlessly.

"I am."

"I'm Lowtala Ci, I worked at this Children's home. I ran all the way over here." She pulled an object from her belt and handed it to Qui-Gon. "Your apprentice, Obi-Wan, he contacted me over the baby monitor." Qui-Gon was shocked. He pressed the blue button on the side of the baby monitor as spoke into it.

"Obi-Wan?"

"Master! It's Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon felt relief fill him.

"Obi-Wan, are you all right?"

"Yes Master, I'm really sorry about this Master." The boy apologized. "I should have been more careful."

"It's all right Obi-Wan, I don't blame you, but we need your help. Who are your captors?"

"There are three," Obi-Wan informed him slowly. "A middle aged man, Kile, a woman, Dona, and a Jonangoin man, Tine'ion. They are armed with blasters and sniper blasters as far as I know that's all."

"All right, Obi-Wan--"

"Obi-Wan?" Sadiac walked up to Qui-Gon, before the Master could budge the Governor had snatched the baby monitor away. "Kid, we're coming in, just hang tight and don't unlock any more doors, now listen--"

"No!" Obi-Wan nearly screamed the word and Qui-Gon jumped slightly. "Don't try to come in here."

"Why?" Jontiree asked.

"They've rigged buildings to explode if you try to come in here."

"Don't be ridiculous boy." Sadiac snapped. "They wouldn't be able to rig something like that."

"But they have!" Obi-Wan protested. "It's an invisible shield that activates bombs on the buildings." Sadiac shoved the baby monitor disgustedly into Qui-Gon's hands and went back to his troops, explaining their instruction. "Master, you have to stop them!" Obi-Wan said urgently.

"I know Obi-Wan, but I've tried. Sadiac is too set on getting his money back." Qui-Gon closed his eyes, trying to think, but the troops were already running towards the building. "Sadiac!" Qui-Gon called, trying once more. "Sadiac, my apprentice wouldn't lie, you've got to stop them before you lose innocent lives." Sadiac ignored the Jedi Master and stared after his troops. They were several yards away, when a great explosion sounded and the top of a building two blocks blew up. Women screamed, men yelled in shock, Sadiac was franticly calling his men back, Qui-Gon closed his eyes slowly.

"Master." Obi-Wan murmured quietly.

"I'm sorry Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said. Angry with himself for not trying harder to stop Sadiac, but he doubted the governor would be so rash again.

Good job Abbi ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.