main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Changing Galaxy

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah Jaded, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah Jaded

Leah Jaded Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    A Changing Galaxy
    by Leah_Jade87
    Summary: Major AU, starting at the end of Ep 1. The death of one person, and the life of another, will change the course of history for the entire galaxy. Warning: Major Ani-bashing ahead. I do not like The Brat, and as the story goes on, you will see that.
    AN: Most of the first part of this storyline is taken out of the end of the TPM novel by Patricia C. Wrede, with some of my own stuff added in, but it is not an exact copy of it, I?ve just used the novel as a guide. But the story will progress, and you guys should like it. This is going to be a long story; in fact it should turn into a series. I intend to show the entire story of how the Galaxy has changed.
    Disclaimer: Look, if you don't know who owns Star Wars by now, then you don't know much at all. George Lucas owns it all except my changed plot line. As if I'd try to challenge the greatness of George. As if anyone would! Oh, and anything you recognise from the novel by Patricia C. Wrede is hers.

Chapter 1: Many Meetings
    "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi." With these few words Qui-Gon introduced the soon-to-be knight to the boy whom he hoped would someday become a great Jedi Knight.
    ?Pleased to meet you,? the boy said politely. As he turned to shake hands, he looked straight at Obi-Wan for the first time. His eyes widened. ?Wow! You?re a Jedi, too??
    The boy?s enthusiasm was hard for Obi-Wan to resist. But what is Qui-Gon thinking, to get a child mixed up in the middle of a mission? And what will he do with the boy once we get to Coruscant? Obi-Wan studied Anakin doubtfully. I don?t know about this. I just don?t know.

?What are you going to do with the boy?? Obi-Wan asked his master a couple of hours later.
    ?Anakin is very strong in the Force, Obi-Wan. I think he needs to be trained at the temple,? Qui-Gon replied.
    ?Trained? To become a Jedi?? Obi-Wan asked. ?But he is too old, master. The council will never agree to his training. They don?t even accept children more than three years old. Anakin is nine. They will never accept him.?
    ?Don?t you see, Obi-Wan? He is so strong in the Force. If he is not trained... He must be trained Obi-Wan. It is most important.?
    ?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan said reluctantly.

The Naboo cruiser descended into the atmosphere of the city-planet of Coruscant. Given a choice, Obi-Wan preferred the open spaces of a planet like Tatooine. But Coruscant was the capital of the Galactic Republic, and the home of the Jedi Temple. And we?re lucky we made it back, he thought as Ric Olie landed the spaceship.
    Supreme Chancellor Valorum, current leader of the Republic Senate, was waiting for the Queen on the landing platform. With him was Senator Palpatine, the Naboo representative. The Chancellor was a thin, white-haired man with an air of nervous tension. In contrast, Palpatine stood calm and smiling in his blue Senatorial robes.
    Palpatine greeted Queen Amidala smoothly, and presented the Chancellor. ?Welcome, Your Highness,? Valorum said. ?It is an honour to finally meet you in person. I must tell you how distressed everyone is over the current situation. I?ve called a special session of the Senate to hear your position.?
    ?I am grateful for your concern, Chancellor,? Amidala said, inclining her head gracefully.
    Courtesies over, Palpatine motioned Amidala and her guards and handmaidens toward an air taxi at the far end of the platform. The Queen motioned to Jar Jar and Anakin, and the two followed obediently. As they started off, Obi-Wan heard Palpatine say something about procedures. He shook his head ruefully. She?s barely arrived, and he?s already talking politics. Well, I suppose that?s why she came.
    As the air taxi pulled away, Qui-Gon turned to the Supreme Chancellor. ?I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately, Your Honour,? he said. ?The situation has become . . . more complicated.?

The Jedi Council chambers were located at the peak of the Jedi Temple, just below it?s crowning spire. The glass wall

2. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Look, I really enjoy writing this fic :D and I've already written half of the next chapter. Please post a reply so I know people are reading it. Even if you just say 'I read it, it was okay' that's enough for me. I'll be really pleased. :)
    And if you don't post, then you won't get another part. [face_devil] I can be mean if i want. And no one likes a cliffhanger, do they? *cough, RRK, cough*

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I've read it. I don't like Anakin, either, and I'd be interested to see how the galaxy gets along without him. How will the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon develop?

Now, I don't know about anybody else, but I personally don't like it when authors say they aren't going to post the next part until they get a certain amount of replies. If you get one or two replies, but not the required five, are you really going to disappoint those of us who've made the effort? That doesn't seem nice to me.

A hint: Put a space between every paragraph, it makes it easier to read. You can separate scenes by using *** or ~~~ or other visual clues.

Looking forward to more soon!

4. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I loved it more please

5. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Okay, I'm sorry I made demands about reviews and stuff - I just like to know if people are reading my stuff and if I should keep going. [face_blush]
    As for the Obi/Qui relationship, I'd like it to be a friendship so that they get along and talk and stuff. :D I intend to give both of out favourite Jedi (well, they're my favourite, anyway) a padawan, so that's something coming up. I have this original character I've been thinking up for awhile. I have her personality totally worked out. Let's just say someone will be getting a female apprentice.
    This chapter is only short, I haven't gotten to writing the next bit yet. Hope you enjoy it, I'm glad I've got readers!

6. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 3: Endings

It was a somber group that gathered around the small funeral pyre one week later. Obi-Wan stood in quiet contemplation, his Master stood deep in thought and sorrow. The Queen of Naboo situated herself by the head of the young boy who lay on the pyre. They had decided to give him a traditional Jedi burial since he would have been a Jedi if he hadn?t died. A large crowd of people watched at a distance ? they had come to pay their respects to the young hero of Naboo.

A lone figure stood opposite the young Queen. No one approached here with words of condolence ? they didn?t know what to say. After her young son had died for them, the people of Naboo thought it was the least they could do to free Shmi Skywalker. The middle-aged woman would live out the rest of her days in a nice town house near the Royal Palace.

Qui-Gon Jinn approached the grieving woman slowly. ?I am deeply sorry that I didn?t keep my promise. I told you Anakin would stay with me, that he would be safe. That wasn?t the case.?

?Please do not blame yourself, Master Jinn. I?m sure you did everything you could to keep Anakin safe. I don?t think you broke your promise. And Anakin died helping people. It?s how he would have wanted to go. I knew I would probably never see him again when I let him go. But I had to let him see the galaxy. I couldn?t make him stay on Tatooine forever.?

?Nevertheless, please accept my condolences, and know that I grieve as well. I grew quite fond of Anakin in the time that I knew him.?

?Thank you,? Shmi said sincerely.

Their attention was called back to the ceremony as the funeral pyre was lit. That night, all those gathered mourned the death of the young hero of Naboo.

(AN: That was the most disgusting bit of dribble I have ever had to write. But it needed to be written, to link the pieces of the story together. I think I have already expressed my anti-Ani views ? I don?t like his character. I want you to know that all of those nice views on Anakin expressed by the characters in this story are not shared by me.)

7. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, sometimes we have to put in scenes that we don't like, just to move the story along. And what was Obi-Wan doing all this time? Dancing a little Jedi Jig of Joy? ;) Poor Schmi, though.

8. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Okay! Next post. It's great to be getting a bit of feed back. I'd like to start answering any questions people ask. I saw one at the bottom, so I think I'll just answer it.
    Jane Jinn And what was Obi doing all this time? Dancing a little Jedi Jig of Joy?
    Not quite! But I find that very funny. I imagine Obi would have stood there and at least pretended to be sad, and then let it all out in private.
    Well, onto the next post! Chapter 3, and it's quite long, too.

9. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 3: New Beginnings

It was not long after the funeral of Anakin Skywalker and the celebrations on Naboo, but again Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, Master and Padawan, stood before the twelve members of the Jedi Council. Obi-Wan shifted nervously; they had been standing there for five minutes and none of the Council Members had said a word. Finally Yoda spoke. ?A dangerous warrior, your opponent was. A Sith he was, no doubts we have about that. A difficult fight it was.?

?You showed great skill in fighting your opponent, Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Council believes you are ready for the next step in your life as a Jedi. We wish for you to take the Trials.?

Shock blossomed on the young man?s face, quickly covered up with the stoic mask of a Jedi. ?Yes, Masters,? he said finally.

?We are glad you agree. You will take the trials in three days. I trust this will be enough time for you to prepare??

?Yes, Masters,? the Padawan repeated. Those two words seemed to be all he was capable of right now. The Council thinks I?m ready! he thought. I?m going to be a Knight.

?Go you may,? Yoda told them. ?The Force be with you.?

The two robed figures in the middle of the room bowed and exited the chambers. As the doors closed behind them, the usually emotionless Padawan allowed a smile to grace his features.

?Master, the Council is letting me take the trials. I?m going to be a Knight,? he said with satisfaction.

?I?m very happy for you Obi-Wan. You have been a good apprentice, and you will make a fine Jedi Knight.? The Master gave his Padawan a proud smile of his own.

?Thank you, Master,? the Padawan replied.

?Now, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said, ?You should use the time the Council gave you, and prepare for your trials.?

?You?re right,? Obi-Wan said. ?I have to be ready. I only have three days!?

?You?ll be fine, Padawan.?

*~*~*~*~*

The day of the trials arrived, and Obi-Wan was tested by the Masters of the Council in dueling, telekinesis, hand-to-hand combat, and various other skills. The day finished with a four-hour meditation in the circular room on the level below the council chambers. The room was completely bare, with no furnishings at all; one large, floor-to-ceiling window; and plain brown walls and cream-coloured tiles. Obi-Wan knelt in the middle of the floor, in deep meditation.

The sound of a stick thumping across the floor made him raise his head. Master Yoda slowly approached and knelt in front of the young man. He took a moment before saying, ?Confer upon you the level of Jedi Knight the Council does. Congratulations, young Kenobi.?

The newly-named Knight looked up at the small troll and smiled. ?Thank you, Master Yoda.?

?Go, you may. Celebrations to attend, you have, no doubt. Go!? The Master commanded. The Knight wasted no time. He got to his feet and left the room, before Yoda could change his mind. It occurred to him that he was being silly, thinking that Yoda would change his mind, but he was too excited to care.

~*~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon was pleased to hear that Obi-Wan had passed the trials. After listening patiently to the Knight?s explanation of all that had happened, the Jedi Master suggested gently, ?Why don?t you go and tell your friends? I?m sure they?d love to hear all about it and celebrate with you.?

?Good idea. I?ll see you later, Master,? the familiar title slipped easily from his lips.

?Have a good time. And Obi-Wan?? The man turned around. ?It?s just Qui-Gon now. You?re not a Padawan anymore, remember??

?Oh? sure ? Qui-Gon,? with a sly smile, Obi-Wan departed.

*~*~*~*~*

When Obi-Wan told them all what had happened, his friends insisted that they all go down to their favourite less-than-wholesome eating establishment and club. After all, Garen and Reeft had both passed their own trials very recently, and Bant was now a fully-fledged Jedi Healer. They deserved a celebration, and now they had the authority to go out without asking first.

As usual, the Nerf Man bar and bistro was completely packed. One of the more popul

10. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Did I mention it gets old when people don't post about what they think? I don't mean to sound demanding, and maybe you just don't like the course the story has taken, but I really need feedback. I just like to know whether I should keep writing.
    The next chapter will be coming along shortly. Before I write anything more, I just want to jot down a few notes to make sure I know where I'm going and what I'm going to do. The story will really start to develop soon, and intend to go further into the character of Lea. I've been thinking her up for awhile, so her character should be really in-depth and interesting. Other than that, it's only a few days to go until I post another big chunk, so please tell me if you think I should keep going!

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You really do sound demanding.

I live in Germany, nine hours later than board time. You posted this just as I was getting ready for bed. After taking my second son to physical therapy and then dropping him off at his pre-school, I spent my few remaining morning hours working my way down the pages and giving feedback to my favourite stories. Before I reached yours, I had to go pick up my older son from school and get lunch. I didn't even have time for any writing to-day. I'm glad you upped it, as I might well have overlooked it in the rush.

I liked the way everybody was asking Obi-Wan when he'd take a padawan, and I was laughing right along with him when he discovered that he and his former master were both in the same predicament. I've heard that theory before, that Yoda prevented everybody else from taking Obi-Wan as a padawan just so that he'd be free for Qui-Gon. Too old for this sort of thing, Qui-Gon said? I'm surprised Yoda didn't whack him in the knee with his stick and tell him that he's not allowed to say that until he's eight hundred something years old with fifty padawans behind him.

So Lea is something special, is she? I hope she's got some weaknesses, though, otherwise it will get boring very quickly. And will Obi-Wan take a padawan of his own?

I had to smirk at the name Nerf Man.

12. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback, Jane Jinn. Glad to see someone's reading my story. I've figured out how I want the story to go for about the first quarter at least, so I'm just writing the next chapter right now. Who knows? It might even be ready to upload today. I'll see how I go. Anyway, just keep hanging on there, I will post very soon.

13. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    What a great story. Its very different to think of a world without Anakin. But it will be good to see where this new girl goes.

14. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    I finally finished the next chapter. Just a little bit about Qui-Gon and Lea's new relationship. Oh, and by the way, Lea's going to be a bit of a mischeif-maker. And she gets herself in a lot of trouble in later chapters. Definitely not perfect. Here goes!

15. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 5: Beginning an Apprenticeship

Qui-Gon stood with his new apprentice outside the quarters he had once shared with Obi-Wan. The old sign, reading ?Jinn/Kenobi?, had been removed earlier that day and replaced with the new one, which proudly stated ?Jinn/Willan?. Obi-Wan?s things had been moved to new quarters, but he wouldn?t be moving in just yet, as he was set to go on a mission straight away. Now his young apprentice was standing beside him, waiting to enter the place that would be her home, when they weren?t on missions, for at least the next ten years.

Raising his hand, Qui-Gon palmed the door controls, and the door slid smoothly open. When Lea saw what was inside, she promptly gasped. The common room of this apartment was bigger than the entire quarters where she used to live. This was hardly surprising; as an initiate she was crammed into as small a space as possible, sharing a floor with all the others her age. But she hadn?t known the Master and Padawan quarters were this big.

Beside her, Qui-Gon laughed quietly. ?They are a deal bigger than your old quarters, aren?t they? You?ll get used to it. Now, are you going to go in and take a look around, or are we going to stand out here all day??

?Oh, yeah. I guess I didn?t realise I was just standing out here staring.? Lea walked through the door, trying to take in everything at once. Apart from the huge living space, there were two bedrooms, each with its own small refresher, a balcony, and?

?A kitchen!? Lea exclaimed. ?Wow! You mean we can actually cook our own meals??

?Well, we could,? the Jedi Master replied slowly. ?But it might not be such a good idea. I haven?t cooked in? well, years.?

?But I know how to cook. My mother taught me on visits home. And I practice on the days when it?s my turn to help in the cafeteria.?

?Then I suppose there?s no harm in giving it a try. Why don?t you go into your room and unpack your things??

?Okay,? the young apprentice replied.

?Cooking?? Qui-Gon muttered to himself as the girl went into her room. ?What have you gotten yourself into now, Jinn??

*~*~*~*~*

Master and Apprentice walked into the middle of one of the large training rooms located in the upper levels of the Temple. Qui-Gon watched his apprentice?s reaction for a time, then spoke up. ?Today I?d like to do a little work with remotes, just to see where you?re up to.?

?Sure,? Lea replied. Shrugging off her robe, she took up her lightsaber and got into a ready stance.

?We?ll try it blindfolded, so you?ll have to use the Force to locate the remotes. I?m not going to tell you how many remotes you?re starting off with, and I?ll keep adding them as you go. Remember ? feel, don?t think. Concentrate on using the Force.?

?Yes, master.? The word was still unfamiliar on her lips. She ignited her saber, and the purple blade shot out. Making sure the blindfold was tight and comfortable; she nodded to her Master that she was ready to begin.

Six remotes shot out straight away. Lea took a moment to concentrate on their positions, and then neatly blocked the first shot. She continued in this way for five minutes, missing and getting shot only twice. At this, Qui-Gon activated three more remotes, and sent them flying in her direction. These remotes were twice as fast as the last ones, and more random in the shots they made, and so presented more of a challenge. These didn?t seem to be much more difficult to Lea at first, but after about half an hour, she began to tire and more of the shots got through. Finally Qui-Gon had seen enough. He called the remotes back, and told Lea to take off her blindfold.

Lea looked around. Of the nine remotes that had been sent in her direction, only five remained. She had taken out three of the original remotes, and one of the harder ones. ?That was good,? Qui-Gon praised. ?But you should try and take them out using simpler strokes, or you?ll get tried very easily. That?s enough for today. Go and change, then we?ll head back to the apartment.?

?Yes, Master.? Lea h

16. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Mischievous? Not perfect? I like the sound of that.

So, she's strong in the Force, and can even cook. What else can she do?

17. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Just a short chapter! More soon I promise. Lea's character will develop quite intriguingly, I think.

18. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 6: Gone Away

Obi-Wan sat in a seat near the back of the passenger ship en route to the Corellian sector. The council had sent him on a diplomatic mission to negotiate a peace treaty between several of the smaller planets of the sector. It was a petty disagreement of the sort quite usual for this type of sector ? none of the planets could see eye to eye on the issues of trade, tourism, or territory rights. He expected this to be rather boring.

Obi-Wan sighed. He had hoped that the Council would trust him with something of more importance for his first mission as a Knight. If he couldn?t have an interesting mission, he would rather stay at the Temple and catch up with his friends, whom he had hardly even seen these past five years. It didn?t matter how many times his Master had used to tell him that all missions, big and small, were important, this wasn?t what he?d had in mind of the type of missions he?d be going on once he was a Knight. It was understandable that as an apprentice he?d been sent with his Master on so many diplomatic missions for training, and because they weren?t so dangerous. But now? Obi-Wan didn?t know what to think.

He was ripped from his reverie as the captain?s voice came over the intercom, informing them that they were about to land on the planet Marin Minor. Realising this was his stop, Obi-Wan got up and headed towards the hatch. Only two other people headed in the same direction. Obviously not a very popular planet, Obi-Wan thought to himself.

Exiting the craft, he looked around the spaceport for a transport. Spotting the main road, he went over and hailed an air taxi. Obi-Wan hopped in and asked the pilot to take him to the governor?s residence on the other side of the city, and the pilot sped off.

~*~*~*~*~

Twenty minutes later Obi-Wan arrived at the sprawling governor?s residence. The huge and showy mansion stood at the top of a small hill, overlooking the large block of land set aside for the governor. Stepping out of the taxi, he turned and thanked the pilot, then started up the long walkway to the main entry.

Entering the large residence, the Jedi Knight was somewhat surprised to be greeted genuinely and enthusiastically by a tall man in flowing royal blue robes. From the information that the council had given him, he knew exactly who this man was: the governor. Looks can be deceiving, as the old saying goes, he thought to himself. Gathering his wits, Obi-Wan bowed low to the man. ?Governor Sarran, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight.?

?Yes, so they tell me. It is so good of you to get here so soon. We are at the end of line as far as this disagreement goes. It is about to turn into all-out war. Without your mediation? there would be no more peace.?

?I certainly hope I can help you negotiate a treaty that is agreeable for all involved.?

?As do I,? the governor replied. ?Please, I am sure your journey has been long and tiring. Come and enjoy our hospitality, and we will start the talks this afternoon.?

?Of course,? Obi-Wan replied. Well, he thought to himself, it?s certainly been a day for surprises. I come in expecting an arrogant, showy, disagreeable politician, and I find a genuine, humble, friendly leader. What other surprises will they spring on me? Perhaps these talks wouldn?t be so bad after all.

*~*~*~*~

The peace talks ran smoothly from the very start. Now that?s unusual, Obi-Wan thought. Usually these political types lived for arguing. But it seemed that all this group needed was for someone to come up with a plausible arrangement. Obi-Wan negotiated a fair treaty, and all the leaders were quick to sign it. A banquet was organised for that night to celebrate.

Now if that wasn?t the easiest mission ever. Obi-Wan was quite proud of himself. His first mission as a Knight, and he?d sorted it out on the very first day. His transport was scheduled to leave forty minutes after the banquet finished. That gave him just enough time to gather his things and give his

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    So far so good ... but why am I waiting for the other shoe to drop?

I liked the way that Obi-Wan thought it would be a boring mission and not what he had been looking forward to for his first solo attempt.

20. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    My two or three loyal readers are really going to hate me for this, but... I haven't written the next chapter yet. [face_blush] I'm really sorry! But I do know what it's going to be about, so expect another post in the next few days. In the meantime, just keep waiting. And I promise it will be good.
    (Hint: Some Lea-getting-up-to-some-tricks in the next post. High on humour!) :D

21. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Okay, after a long spell, I'm back with a nice, long post. Here's the promised scene with Lea getting up to some mischeif. Enjoy, and remember to tell me what you think.
    Leah_Jade87

22. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 7: Prank
    ?Hi guys!? Lea said, sitting down across from her friends in the cafeteria. As usual, Ameisha and Daala sat together on the other side, having arrived at the same time. It was no surprise. They always managed to make sure that they were in the same classes, no matter what the Masters tried to do.

?Hi Lea,? Ameisha replied. ?So, what?s it like being a Padawan? We heard that Master Jinn accepted you. How come you didn?t come tell us??

?Well,? Lea began as her best friend Emirina, Emi for short, sat down beside her. ?It?s great being a Padawan, but very tiring. I?m sorry I didn?t come tell you about it myself, but I was so busy. When Master Jinn accepted me, I had to go see the Council, then move into my new apartment with my master, and then Master Jinn wanted me to have a training session with him.?

?Sounds exciting,? Emi said. ?So, is he nice??

?My master?? Lea enquired. ?He?s great. He?s so kind about everything, and I?ve never seen anyone use a lightsaber so well!?

?Wow!? Daala said joining in the conversation. ?I can?t wait till we get accepted as Padawans. And you?ll get to go on missions!?

?Yeah,? Lea responded. ?But it also means I won?t get to see you guys so much. I mean, I?ve only been a Padawan a few days, and already I?ve hardly seen you all.?

?Hey, we all knew this was going to happen someday,? Emi replied. ?This is great for you! We should be celebrating. Got any ideas??

?Well?? Ameisha started. ?How about we play a prank on one of the Masters? Just like old times.?

?That?s not a bad idea,? Lea stated. ?Hey, I know! Master Windu is supposed to be taking our Jedi Order History class next up. He never checks his seat before he sits down. We can grab some of the white Nerf sauce from the kitchen, and put it on his seat. He?ll sit down without knowing about it, and when he stands up, it?ll be all over his backside! He won?t even realise. It?ll be hilarious!?

?Great,? Daala replied. ?Then it?s settled. I?m on kitchen clean up when we finish eating, so I?ll grab the sauce. We?ll meet in History. Let?s do this.?

~*~*~*~*~

?Shh,? Lea whispered later in the classroom. ?Everyone else is coming!? The four troublemakers rushed to their seats, just as the rest of the class started filing in.

?You?re early, Emi,? one of the boys in the class, Darin, commented. ?I thought you hated the theory classes.? It was true; Emi had never liked these classes, claiming she wasn?t training to be come a Jedi so she could come to so many hard classes.

?Anyone can change their mind,? Emi retorted. ?You can?t be late to every class, you know. It?s much too taxing.?

?Alright everyone. Take your seats,? Master Windu called out upon entering the room. ?We have a lot to get through today.? With that, he moved over towards the desk at the front of the room.

?Right,? he began. ?Today we?ll be covering the Sith-Jedi wars. The notes should be on your data pads. We?ll start with going through the more prominent figures in this period?? he sat down at his desk not, as the girls had predicted, checking his seat first.

At the back of the room Lea stifled a laugh. ?Is something the matter, Padawan Willan?? Mace enquired.

?No Master Windu,? Lea replied through giggles. ?Not at all, master.? Around her, the other three collaborators began to laugh as well. It was simply too easy.

?Would any of you care to enlighten me?? Mace demanded. The girls just shook their heads, too far gone to answer. ?Be quiet this instant or go outside!? the Master bellowed. The four nodded, suddenly quiet. They dared not go against a Council Member. ?Right. Let?s get back to it then, shall we? All of you go to section four in your notes??

And so the class dragged on. Finally it was over, and Lea and her friends walked out the door. She was just turning the corner when she heard a yell from the direction of the classroom. ?Lea Willan!? Mace Windu called loudly.

?Oh no!? Lea exclaimed. ?He?s onto us. Run!? The quartet took off down the corridor.

*~*~*~*~*

Q

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Too bad Obi-Wan's not back on Coruscant yet, they could have played a trick on him!

24. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Jane Jinn - Don't tempt me! I think you've just given me an idea for a future chapter. I'll post probably two more chapters in the next couple of days, and then I'm off on holidays for about ten days, so it'll be a while before I post again. But, on the bright side, I'll probably post a couple of chapters at once when I come back, because I can write a bit while I'm away. :D

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, you'll probably come back just as we're leaving on holiday! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.