main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brink (JA drama) updated 6.5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Loryn_Wilde, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Brink
    loryn wilde
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: When Master and Apprentice are on a mission to a planet where communication is as rare as the people's good temper, they can only rely on each other. But when one begins to question the other's sanity, who can they turn to for help?
    Dedication: !Spyre! ?Cause I?m so incredibly fond of you. Plus, you?re my own personal ?inspyration?. ;oP

?The truth is rarely pure and never simple.?
    ? Oscar Wilde

Obi-Wan had not slept in days and knew he would have to do something about his near debilitating weariness before someone decided to notice. It was probably only a matter of time before one of the delegates or even his master commented on his unusually frequent 'woolgathering', as Master Yoda referred to any drifting of the mind that was not meditation oriented.

Already there were dark smudges creasing his skin and cupping worn gray eyes. One had only to look closer to find the fatigue pooling in those same eyes, rapidly overcoming any resistance he might have had, any will to cling to the wakeful realm. Lethargy was taking hold, exhaustion seeping into the very marrow of his bones, adding a slight drag to his step.

He had told Qui-Gon he was going for a long walk, and would return by nightfall. The master had dismissed him without so much as a second glance, showing no sign of the darkness that Obi-Wan knew crept into his bright soul nightly. The Padawan rubbed a hand over his face as if to briefly massage life back into the pinched features. Even his braid hung limply over his right shoulder when he pulled it out from underneath his collar, where he had hidden it to go into the small medicinal shop behind him.

It was difficult for Darcites to tell basic humans apart from one another, but the braid was a glaring symbol of who and what he was. He had left his robe behind to evade further recognition. To a planet that had a strong reluctance to trust outsiders, an ambassadorial Jedi Padawan purchasing energy pills - no matter how herbal focused - would certainly not go over well with the public.

The seventeen-year old glanced down at the small bottle in his hand before tucking it safely into his tunic. A chilling breeze cut through him, reminding the youth that the evening was fast approaching, shading the purple skies a passionately violet hue. Worry tugged at his heart as he set off to their temporary quarters. Would tonight be any better? It seemed as though Qui-Gon got worse each time the suns set.

Obi-Wan decided he would excuse himself from dinner, claim he was tired, and close himself up in the private room he had been given. Not a lie, he was careful to note. He had never felt more tired than he did then, never more weighted or torn with decisions he alone could make.

The gothic steeples of their hostel rose over the horizon, and the Padawan's stomach twisted tightly into knots. He snagged his lower lip between his teeth and his brow creased in anguish. Had he ever felt afraid of his master before? Had any Padawan? It felt horrifically wrong to him. Everything about this mission had felt wrong from the very start. Qui-Gon had simply told him not to focus so much on negative feelings.

"You are entirely too pessimistic, Padawan," he had grinned, clapping the young man on the back before urging him onto the transport. His master had been in an incredibly good mood, they had just returned from sabbatical and the older man definitely had a new bounce in his step.

At the light chiding Obi-Wan had recalled how tired Qui-Gon was before their rest, and, wanting to keep this joyful manner in tact as long as possible, had agreed to not be such a "stick in the proverbial mud."

At the looming gates of their hostel, the Padawan could already feel stirrings of the darkness that tainted their rooms at night. Inside, stepping onto the lift, he hung back in his movements, lingering in the halls, stopping to study a painting when he came across one. On their floor he resorted to a slow plodding. A Darcite briskly passed him, frowning at the apprent

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Wow!
    This is kinda spooky but great Loryn_Wilde!
    Can't wait for the next post!

~s-wk

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know, this reminds me of something Poe would write. Obi has terrible paranoia, and you don't know if it might all be in his mind or not.

Please post more!

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    This is very well written. I'm almost afraid to read on, but I have to find out what happens! Please continue soon.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    It is spooky. But it's a very good spooky. ;)

Post more soon please! :)

6. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Just upping. :D
    -lore

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Ohmygosh! This is really great! You need to write more! The paranoia idea is great, and you describe it with phenomenal talent! :)
    Great Loryn! (Just like your other stories:)

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohhh, very intriguing Loryn! Well written and descriptive too!

Obi-Wan afraid of his Master?!? Thinking he'll be posioned?? Loved how he got rid of the dumpling and the way he scrubbed his hands with thoughts of how close he might have been to his death.

Post often, post soon!!

9. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Love this, especially Obi's paranoia, but is it justified? After all just because he's paranoid doesn't they aren't out to get him. ;)

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think I saw this on the other site.

I agree, is it Obi_wan's paranoia or is it really happening????

11. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    This is superbly written, Loryn! I anxiously await your next installment. :)

12. Trigger292

Trigger292 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    This is lookin' really good. Can't wait for more!- 292

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great start!!! I look forward to more!

14. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Write more soon! This seems like it'll be a great fic! :)

15. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    need more of this fic!!!!

Post soon!

16. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great start so far - mysterious and angsty. Always the best way to start ;)

More soon please! :D

17. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    So, ah, you're not going to leave it there are you? Come on, I want to know if Obi is really paranoid or if Qui is really out to get him. [face_devil] Or maybe both are true. *scratches head* Can that happen?

Anyway, I was so happy when I saw another story by you, Loryn. I loved your other ones. Hope to see a new post soon.

~Swede :p

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
  20. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    I need more of this delicious fic

Very Good!!!

post soon!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    More please!

22. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Loryn, I was so glad to see you had posted another fic. I just loved Stone Appeal, and this one looks to be just as captivating and well written :)

What a wonderful idea this is. I have a feeling it will be awhile before we find out who the 'insane' one is :D I hope so anyways.

So, is there a mysterious darkness that is having at Qui when the sun goes down? Or is Obi having some type of wierd reaction to this bite he's gotten? I have to agree with Cascadia this seems very Poe-ish :)

Looking forward to more, and soon :D

23. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Hello? Hellooooooooo?

24. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Okay! I need a post, and now!

Please? :)

25. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4