main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Fresh Slate (JA angst) *Updated 7.16*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Loryn_Wilde, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Author: Lore
    Disclaimer: Not mine. Lucas?.
    No warnings (so far), no spoilers.

:[face_sigh]: Post Obi-Torture. May or may not make a story of this.

A Fresh Slate

Obi-Wan had reacted violently to the sight of the needle and his petrified howls pierced and pulled taught the very air of the Jedi healing center, causing more than a few startled looks. The sounds easily reached the ears of an anxious Master Jinn who stood waiting for news of his Padawan in the corridor. He had been close to breaking the orders of Master Healer Stuci before, but now forgot them completely, bolting down the hall and bursting through the door to the room they had taken his apprentice to. It almost didn?t open for him fast enough, sliding away just in time as it sensed his approach.

?What?s wrong with him?!? he bellowed, sending one frantic glance to Stuci as he crossed the room in two steps, stopping short before the cot that supported a shivering Obi-Wan Kenobi. Qui-Gon held his hands out over the youth, not touching, but not moving away, seeking to somehow reassure the boy.

Stuci was meanwhile sending the other two healers and his own apprentice from the room. Overwhelming the boy would do no good. ?Jinn,? he called over his shoulder, throwing any supplies that may have appeared dangerous to the stricken Padawan into a drawer, ?See if you can?t calm him. He?s going to disturb the rest of the ward.?

Qui-Gon thinned his lips and focused his attention to his pupil who had quieted but tucked himself into a corner. Thin arms were wrapped round a heaving chest; fingers digging into white flesh purpled in some places by bruises and rubbed raw by the terrible device his Padawan had been found in.

?Obi-Wan,? he called gently. The boy?s eyes were bright and swirling with terror and confusion and the sight made the older man ill. What had been done to him? ?Obi-Wan.?

The boy?s gaze shifted to him and recognition ? mixed with a great deal of relief ? stole across his pinched features. Qui-Gon could sense the gradual descent of calm and moved forward slowly, reaching out with one hand. ?Obi-Wan,? he repeated quietly, ?Padawan.?

His hand brushed against the cool flesh of one trembling shoulder, and when Obi-Wan did not move away he clasped it gently. The boy quivered with a chill Qui-Gon could not feel and the stormy blue gray of his apprentice?s eyes stabbed him with such pain that the older Jedi forgot they were not alone. He leaned closer, never breaking eye contact, feeling the intensity of the moment build until he was so very close he could smell the dirt and the blood that clung to his Padawan like mud.

Something in Obi-Wan?s gaze flickered and he glanced at Healer Stuci, who stood at the far wall, staring openmouthed at the scene, and then back at Qui-Gon. The Padawan suddenly unraveled himself and shot forward, wrapping his arms around the master?s neck tightly and hiding his face against the man?s throat, a gasp of Qui-Gon?s name his only sound.

Qui-Gon was startled but did not move away. He folded his arms around the boy and held the shuddering body close to him, trying to share as much warmth as possible. He glanced back at the healer standing behind him.

Stuci nodded once and slipped silently out of the room, making sure no one would enter without his permission by coding the locks.

Obi-Wan was not a young child, but Qui-Gon felt as if he could hold him forever. He knew, however, that such a thing would be impossible and settled onto the cot Obi-Wan had only just vacated. The boy was murmuring things ? most of which Qui-Gon could not understand, but he sent assurance to the boy anyway, sent his intense relief upon finding the youth alive.

Soon the warm wetness of tears was felt on his skin but the master said nothing of it ? only laying his cheek atop the ginger head nestled against him and holding the thin body securely in his embrace. They stayed that way for some time, long after Obi-Wan had ceased his stifled weeping, and long after the warm tears had cooled to a chilly dampness. They both stayed

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    First reply on a new Loryn fic. :)

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow, that was a powerful scene, can' wait to read more.

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    HEY! there is no May or May not in the Jedi Mantra.Just as with there is no try, ONLY DO!!! As a loyal Q/O FF reader who loves H/C stories,and am familiar with your writings, I am on bended knee,begging you to make this a story.Is that loyal and sappy enough{hahahaha}.Please this sounds good.PEACE Ewen

5. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Just upping. :D

6. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Well I'll check the "make this a story" box on the ballot ;) , but even if you don't this was a wonderful piece with lots of emotion. :)

7. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I agree! This looks like something that SHOULD become a full story! I;ll never get tired of Obi and Qui stories!

Looks good so far Loryn!

Obi

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    This was brilliant, beautiful! Dont stop I need more!

9. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I agree with everyone else! Continue soon Loryn! Great start :)

10. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh yay! New fic new fic! Absolutely a wonderful start - hopefully more? If not - it was a superb one shot.

11. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    WOW, great beginnng! I love it! Mush [face_love]
    You can´t stop here! We need more soooooon!

Poor Obi. What happend to him this time? At least he recognized Qui-Gon as someone trustable ;)

NEED MORE PLEASE [face_love]

Angel_Skywalker

12. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Very nice. Loved it, Loryn. Always a fan for anguish and mush. :D If you make this into a story, great. If not, I understand that. Sometimes you just have to write something short and sweet (or angishy in this case). I've done then from time to time. Again, great fic.

~Swede :p

13. Obi_and_Qui

Obi_and_Qui Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!

What in the name of Yoda happened to Obi?!

Post soon!

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    hey this is great! :)

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  16. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! NEED MORE SOON P L E A S E

Angel

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Looooorynnnnnnnnnnnnnn....where are youuuuuuuuuuu? Up we goooooooooo!

Obi

18. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    ACK! I....NEED....MORE....PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

19. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Heartbreaking scene there Loryn, how about some more? You know, background info. Like how did Obi come to be in such a state, and of course more mush to follow.

You have a wonderful grasp of portraying emotions, please continue :)

20. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Wow, what an opening! That was amazing! Post more soon, we need to find out what happened!

21. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    UP U GO!!!

23. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Where are you? P L E A S E come back to post something. You have given us such a great beginning, now we need M O R E

Angel

24. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Poor Obi. Awaiting more, great post !

25. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    UP. This is really good so far! More please! :D

EJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.