main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soulbond: Book#1 - A Thousand Miles (JA,) COMPLETED June 18/02. STAY TUNED FOR BOOK 2!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OK I've started a little series called Soulbond. I won't tell you the meaning behind the title just yet becasue it would compleatly spoil the end of this fic.

Lots of Mush and Angst is promised

title: A thousand Miles
    author: Arwen Jade Kenobi
    Summary: Obi is dying and Qui is missing. Obi takes matters into his own hands. (Obi's 17)
    spoilers: maybe to JA

Soulbond series

Book 1: A Thousand Miles
    Book 2: All You wanted (in drafting stages)
    Book 3: Somewhere out there (comming soon)
    Book 4: Tears of Blood (comming soon)

Possibly more to come...

----------------------------

PROLOGUE

Republic solders could not handle the delemia presented to them. A biological terrorist was on the loose. Vajin Kasson was capable of creating horendous diseases just by having access to any bacteria.

Vajin had made himself know by brining the planet Fyra to it's knees three years ago, relief teams were still working.

Due to the enormity of the situation Jedi were called in.

Master Kit Fisto and Padawan Bant Eerin
    Master Clee Rhara and Padawan Garen Muln
    Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi

The three master/apprentice teams were sent to the world of hallin, Vajin's next target.

The Jedi found themselves in a mystery of deception and death. Vajin was an accomplished terrorist but was horrible at keeping his activities under wraps.

the Jedi grew closer and closer to discovering the location of Kasson's lab.

The last the Jedi Council ever heard was of Master Fisto reporting that they were close to finding the lab and apprehending the terrorist.

Nothing was heard from any of the teams for more than 2 weeks.

the Jedi sent more teams to hallin and slowly made their way to the lab.

When they reached the lab, all was not well.

Masters Fisto, Rhara and their respective Padawan's were imprisoned and were relased with minor injuries.

amster Qui-Gon Jinn was gone.

Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi was alive but Kasson had injected hybrid diseases into his system. The deadly combination would cause the young man to slowly waste away.

masters Fisto, Rhara and their Padawan's were released after 3 days in the care of Jedi Healer Saline Ne'hera, then went back out to front the effort of Master Jinn's rescue.

As Padawan Kenobi grew worse.

----------------------------------
    I'll have part 1 up soon!!

2. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Seems very interesting! I like how Bant & Garen are in it, but I wonder where Qui went? Post more soon!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    interesting start and even more interestin title. I like MUSH :)

4. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh great!! A story with Garen! I'm so happy!! :) :)

But poor Obi-Wan.. I hope he'll get better. :(

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Just like to say that Garen and Bant aren't gonna be in here very long :( sorry guys I got a few originals I like to try out. (If Idon't put them here their entrance in Tears of Blood will be compleatly unjustified)

--------------------------------
    part 1

Jedi Healer Saline Ne'hera pushed on of her green braintails out of her way as she prepared some proteins packs into an IV for Obi-Wan Kenobi. the 17 years old had tried to eat solid foods, but they did not stay down.

Of all diseases Vajin Kasson could have created, this one was very slow. The Padawan's strength was slowly evapourating. Saline predicted that Obi-Wan would eventually become so weak he would be unable to keep his eyes open. The teen would slowly slip into a coma then...death would not be far behind.

Saline was torn between being thankful of Qui-Gon Jinn not being here to see his Padawan's deteoration and whishing that he could at least spend Obi-wan's last days with him.

At the rate the Jedi teams were progressing (no word in nearly 2 weeks), there was no way Obi-Wan would live to see his Master again.

Dead or alive.

Unless and antitoxin could be engeneered, or found, the only way the Padawan would survive was to conserve his strength and fight. Even while sleeping or in the coma that would eventually overcome him.

The Twi'lek healer picked the IV bags and made her way to Obi-Wan's quarters. The teen had requested to remain there instead of the infirm.

Saline gently tapped her green knuckles on the door and stated who she was.

"Come in Saline."

The voice was so weak and soft it ould have been just air.

She entered into the living room and made the turn into Obi-Wan's room.

Obi-Wan's face was so thin and pale he seemed translucent. He had lost a lot of weight and a book was by his hand. Saline gave the Padawan a warm smile and picked up the book and studied it.

"You're reading this? It's not like you it seems like something--"

"Qui-Gon would read," Obi-wan finished. He ran his thin fingers around his Padawan braid. "He told me it was one of the best books he'd ever read. I've never had the opertunity to read it."

Obi-wan's look turned opaque and far away, Saline was beginning to recognize this look. the look that showed you, for the briefest of instants, the pain of both his ilness and his Master's disapearence.

Saline had seen her share of Master/Padawan teams but Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were the closest two she had ever EVER seen. The Twi'lek believed that they had even gone beyond that Master/Padawan realtionship.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were so close that their heartbeats were in sync. No matter if one of their hearts stopped beating, when they were resusitated their heartbeats wnet back to match each others.

They were Father and Son. the possibily of one going on without the other was cruelest torture anyone could devise.

Saline switched the IV bag and told Obi-Wan she'd be back to check on him later. The Padawan nodded and closed his eyes.

The Healer noted that very movement the teen made was slow and deliberate, the better to conserve his strength.

But as Saline Ne'hera left Obi-Wan's quarters she got the nagging sense that Obi-Wan was not conserving his strength for the reasons she beleived.

When he was sure that Healer Ne'hera had left, Obi-Wan opened his eyes, reached under his pillow and pulled out a datapad. He had been orchestrating the search for qui-Gon Jinn this entire time.

No one knew that all teh Jedi teams reported to him before they reported the counsil.

It was a compleate secret, with the exception fo two people.

Suddenly someone knocked three times then rang the bell, very quietly. Obi-Wan nodded it was the password, he called the beings in.

One was a Sanderai girl with auburn hair compleate with the four blood streaked warrior braids. She had piercing saphire blue eyes and she had a bag in her hand.

The other was a human boy with sandy blonde hair and brandy brown eyes. He was shifting uncomf

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
  7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Where did everybody go? :(

8. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Arwen- that was great! can we hope to see another post tomorrow? Please!! I want to see Obi-Wan angst... especially if mush will follow! ;) More soon!!! :D

9. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm here too! Too bad for Garen and Bant, but I understand that you need to put your original characters.

Up! :)

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    More please :)

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Thanx 4 all the great responses.

Sadly I can't post today or tommorow :_|

I will try for Monday

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Ok I'm gonna put half of part 2 up as to the fact i have exactly 15 minutes at the computer.
    ---------------------------

Part 2

"I need you
    And I miss you
    And now I wonder
    If I could fall into the sky
    Do you think time would pass me by
    Cause you know i'd walk a thousand miles
    If I could just see you
    Tonight."
    - A thousand Miles
    by: Vanessa Carlton

Obi-Wan Kenobi slept the entire day before he had to leave for Adonais. He was vaguely aware of Healer Ne'hera coming in and checking on him. Or of Arwen Jade and Den wishing him luck.

I don't need luck

Later that night he pulled himself out of the bed. Then fell to his knees as the pain raged through him. He curled up on the floor, bitting his lip until it bled to keep from screaming.

He slowly pulled himself up to his feet and leaned heavily agaist the wall. Obi-Wan picked up the bag of pills that Arwen Jade and Den had gave him, and shoved a bottle in his pocket.

The Sanderai and the human had left out his warmest jacket under his bed, he pulled it out and put on. He checked the chrono just to be sure that it wasn;t too early.

23:30 hrs, late enough.

Obi-Wan sholdered his survival kit and snuck through the halls of the Jedi temple until he found the nearest lift tube.

He took it down to the hanger level, he made his way toward a small skycar that seemed out of place with the other ships.

Qui-Gon Jinn had inherited a skycar from some relatives. He and his apprentice used it on very rare occasions to get around coyrascant when it was way to far to walk. Obi-Wan was lucky that he had been given permission to use it.

You're worried about disobeying Qui-Gon when you just might be thrown out of the order for this.

------------------------------
    There;'s lot's more but i really gtg

More tommorrow i hope bear with me please!!

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Here's the rest of it.
    --------------------------
    But, Obi-Wan's list of priorities did not include the wrath of the Jedi council.

The Padawan threw his survival pack into the passenger seat and walked back, slowly, to the main control panel to open the doors.

Before he could turn around a voice called out, "It's already set, the doors will open for you. Then they'll lock as soon as you're away from the temple."

Obi-Wan turned adruptivly and almost fell over doing so. Arwen Jade Dumais stood in front of him, with the bag of painkillers.

"Somehow I think you'll be needing these." Obi-Wan didn't even bother to demand what she was doing here, he didn't have enough strenght to take Arwen Jade on in a war of words.

He could never beat her even when he was in perfect health.

Before he could even manage a thank you, Arwen started up again.

"Do you have any idea as to where to start looking?"

Obi-wan shook his head. Arwen rolled her sapphire eyes.

"Smart move Kenobi, really smart move."

"Now wait a minute--"

"Shut up and listen for a sec Obi." Obi-Wan did as he was told. " I called my brother Kirien on his comlink and, lucky for you, he's on Adonais looking for Vajin Kasson with Sanderai Intelligence."

Obi-Wan nodded. Kirien Dumais was Arwen Jade's twin brother. Their parents were baffled as to how one twin could have a high midichlorein count and the other have none. But Kirien and his sister kept in touch and her brother had gone on to become the youngest agent in the Sanderai Empire Intelligence Angency.

"Kirien will meet you in a tavern called the Ice House, he knows your business and he may be able to help you out."

Obi-Wan gave his friend a nod of gratitude. "thank you Jade, good thing you're a tactician by nature. We'd all be sunk if your logic wasn't always sound."

Arwen Jade frowned. "Don't give me that crap Obi." She reached over and gave her friend a light hug, unusual for her considering Sanderai try ot avoid physical contact as much as possible.

But she is half human, don't forget that.

Obi-Wan walked back to his skycar and turned for a final look at Arwen.

"Don't you dare die on me Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Obi-Wan tried to give her one of his famous grins but managed only a weak smile. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

The dying Padawan ignited his engines and sped away, the doors opened before him as he sped away into the Corascant night.

Arwen Jade Dumais watched the door close behind her friend.

"May the Force be with you Obi-Wan Kenobi, and may you not do anything foolish."
    The next day, the Jedi counsil was in an uproar. Healer Saline Ne'hera and her Padawan, Den Calthorpe, had gone to check on the dying Padawan to find an empty bed.

Through the training bond, Saline had picked up the notion that Den had had something to do with it. When Den had taken her to Arwen Jade Dumais quarters, so that she could face the council as well, she looked about ready to take her daja or lightsaber and slash her friend in half. The twi'lek healer had hoped to speak with Arwen's Master, Jess Valin, but remembered that she was on a solo mission to Alderaan.

Now Saline and the two Padawan's stood before the council.

"Take his medication did he?" asked Master Yoda.

"Not to worry about that Master. My Padawan and Demoiselle Padawan Dumais made sure that he had enough pills to last a few months."

Arwen Jade's face was set, but Saline could tell she hated beign in a court like situation which, he her mind, was nothing worth arguing over.

But Saline was shocked when her Padawan stepped forward.

"Masters. I believe that Arwen Jade and I did the right thing. Obi-Wan would have done the same thing if he was in in our place." Den looked the Council members for a shred of undersanding. "This is Obi-wan we are talking about. He would rather die than leave any one in the hands of a madman!"

There were several nodds of agreement.

"Thank you for the speech Padawan C

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
  15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Great post.Poor Obi.He is having a rough time on these boards this week and I am loving every minute of it.PEACE Ewen

16. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    This is getting intense, Arwen! A nice twist to things! Obi and Qui's heartbeats are in sync? Wow, that's kinda cool!

More soon please!

KenobisGirl :p

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    so if Obi-Wan dies, the so does his master??

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Ewan - [face_devil] Seeing Obi get beat up as a guilty pleasure all fanfic writers/readers share.

KenobisGirl - :D

PadawanKitara - It's kinda hard to exlpain. Let's assume that one of them dies, the other will still live but will always feel like half a person. That's pretty much the only way I can explain it.

-----------------------------
    part 3

So you Jedi are not all you imagine yourselves to be. One should be careful where one leaves important information.

Very intresting.

Most people believe that attuned heatbeats, and what they mean, are a myth.

This could prove bery useful...very useful indeed...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi put of heavy thermal layers with as little effort as possible, he found it a chore to even move his arms.

Nor was he in the frame of mind for logical thought, some of these clothes were on loan from the pliot.

Thank the Force for Arwen. Obi-Wan had difficulty imaging what he'd do if he had followed through with his original plan of probing the Force for his missing Master.

You be dead by the end of the day and you know it Kenobi.

The pilot noticed the Padawan's weakness as he made his way out of the ship. "Are you alright?"

"I will be fine. Thank you for your concern."

THe pilot shrugged his shoulders and returned to the cockpit, as soon as Obi-Wan left the ship, he lifted off.

Obi-Wan stiffened as a blast of bonechilling air overcame him. The cold was unlike anything he had ever experianced, he turned to his left and saw a speeder.

Kirien Dumais had rented a speeder and said he would leave it at the landing site, the Sanderai Intelligence agent was nowhere to be seen.

Then he remembered that Kirien was meeting him in a tavern.

The Padawan made a mental note to thank both Arwen Jade and Den for all they had done.

Assuming he lived that long.
    Arwen Jade Dumais could not sleep, even without the thoughts on her mind.

She could never sleep well on transports in the first place.

They were a day out from Coruscant and were expected to arrive on Adonais tomorrow. Arwen prayed that the ship would make good time, Obi-wan was already so far ahead...

Her door slowly opened revealing Den Calthorpe, from the look of his face and his tousled hair he had not been able to sleep either.

Jade nodded at her friend, who sat on the end of her bed. 'couldn't sleep?"

Den nodded. "I keep thinking if that last visit was the last time I'll ever see him."

Arwen hid her reaction in true Sanderai fashion. But, she had been wondering the same thing.

Obi-Wan has promised her that he wouldn't die, even though the odds were against him.

Saline Ne'hera was not optimistic. The chances of Obi-Wan even living to reach Qui-Gon was streching it. To make her point short, Saline had said that it was HIGHLY unlikly that Obi-Wan would live to speak to his Master again.

But there are alwaays possibilities, Arwen thought to herself.

The Sanderai hybrid returned her attention to Den. "Obi-Wan is a man of his word. He will hold on for us."

den nodded, and wished his friend good-night.

After Den had left, Arwen Jade returned to her futile attempts at sleep.
    Obi-Wan approached a small tavern, which could easily have been mistaken for a mound of snow.

The Padawan parked the speeder and made his way into the building. The room was packed tight with beings of every species. He would not be noticed.

Obi-Wan made his way to the bar and asked the Rodian bartender for some mineral water.

If he gives me alcohol I'll..

The Rodian placed a glass of water in front of him, Obi-Wan paid, then the Rodian scurreid off.

"These types are used to mot making mistakes. With this type of crowd he is always careful."

The Padawan turned, and met sapphire blue eyes identical to Arwen JAde Dumais'

This was Kirien Dumais.

The teen was dressed in black and usherd him to a more private table at the back of the room.

---------------------
    I'll post the rest tomo

19. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Oohh... Good Posts! More!! :D

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Thanx! here's the rest!
    The Sanderai boy was Obi-Wan's height and build. His hair the same auburn colour as Arwen's, minus the braids. Male Sanderai warriors had tatoos on their arms to show their passage as a Demoiseau. The Padawan could not help but notice the strong resemblance between Arwen Jade and Kirien.

What would you expect? They're twins!

Agent Dumais showed Obi-wan a seat and they sat across from each other. Obi-Wan did not waste time with small talk.

"What do you know?"

Kirien sipped his drink, Sanderai ale, before answering his sister's friend. "The agency has been working on the case ever since the near attack on Ipscallis three months ago. I have tracked Kasson to this planet and have been here for a week." Kirien paused and took another sip of his ale. "kasson's lab is a two day speeder ride from here."

The teen produced a disk and slided it across the degraded table to Obi-Wan.

"What is it?"

"Stick that into your nav computer, it will lead you to the coordinates." Kirien handed Obi-wan a card. "And this will get you in."

Obi-Wan was shocked, then suddenly a wave of pain washed over him. He cluched his chest and chugged down his water, he didn't know what was going on. This had never happened before.

'are you alright?"

the pain vanished as quickly as it came. "I'm fine...why didn't you go off and catch Kasson yourself with all this stuff?"

Kirien shrugged. "Jade called and I can't refuse her anything."

"True enough."

Obi-Wan stood and thanked Kirien and he turned to leave.

"Hey Obi!" Obi-wan turned to face Kirien again.

"May the Force be with you."

Obi-Wan nodded his head in gratitude and stepped outside.

--------------------------
    part 4 will be up soon!!

21. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    O.O WOW! That was great. ^_^ Please post again soon ^_^

One question about the heartbeat thing, if Obi is weakened dose that mean Qui is too?

UP!

22. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm back and still reading! This is nice! [face_mischief] Post soon! :D

23. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    This is getting good, Arwen! Grrr... can't think of anything productive to say!

More soon please! :)

KenobisGirl :p

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Ganki - yep that's pretty much it

KenobisGirl - that's alright

Part 4

So my assumptions are correct, you two are connected.

Oh the possiblities...

Qui-Gon Jinn was so weak he couldn't keep himself conscious, not that the drugs keeping him that way were helping.

Where was he?

Where were Clee, Kit and their Padawans?

Where was Obi-Wan?

Teh Jedi Master remembered screams, threats, pain and suffering.

He remembered his Padawan throwing himself in front of a syrnge aimed at him.

The Padawan's cries were like a knife in Qui-Gon's heart.

Oh Obi-Wan why are you always so noble.

The boy had remained unconsciuos and Qui-gon felt himself brcommng weaker and weaker. It was almost as if the training bond was projecting Obi-Wan's fatigue over to him.

Then he had been taken.

He was unable to determine for certain if Obi-Wan was still amoung the living, but he was positive that the teen was.

How he knew was another matter. He was too weak to produce logical thought.

He opened an eye towards the heart monitor next to him. His initals QGJ showed his own heartbeat over the period of time he had been here.

But there was another line underneath that matched his compleatly.

But that was impossible. Before Qui-Gon lost consciuosness again he glanced at the initals on the second line

OWK

Obi-Wan KEnobi

Oh Force!

I'll try to have the rest soon!

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.