main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mist of Dawn: The Stone of Faith (Obi/Qui) !!!COMPLETE!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Nikita, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Star Wars
    Mist of Dawn: The Stone of Faith

First off the original galaxy belongs to The Flanneled One, as does his characters.
    This takes place before TMP... and
    Obi Wan is 18, is an apprentice to Qui Gon, and there will be Obi-Torture.

Okay an author's note~ This is my first attempt at writing, so I'd really appriciate feedback. Now keep in mind, I wrote this for myself, so anything anyone says will not stop me from posting it! hehe now onto the show!

Intro~ Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi have just returned to the temple, after finishing up a mission off planet. The story starts out in the early morning, in their apartment.

~~~~~~

?Obi-Wan.? A gentle shake followed the voice. ?Wake up, it?s seventh hour, you have class in twenty minutes.? Qui-Gon said and smirked at the groan that answered him. Obi-Wan was not a happy camper in the morning.

Usually it took him twenty minutes to even get a groan. But today the master was going to try something new. The idea was to try to wake his padawan up only once, and then let him sleep in, making him late for class. The boy had to learn to take responsibility for getting up on time,just in case the master wasn?t there to wake him up.
    Obi-Wan curled further under the blankets, telling himself only five more minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 25 Minutes Later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan rolled over and pried open his eyes to look at the chrono, squinting to read the numbers, 7:25. He put his head back down and closed his eyes again.

?7:25! SITH!? He threw the covers back and ran to the fresher.

Qui-Gon smiled when he heard the fresher door slam shut. His padawan was late, and hopefully he would understand his master?s reasons for his actions. His smile grew wider as the muttering and thumps floated through the door.

Obi-Wan burst out of the fresher and stopped in mid-flight as he saw his master. Qui-Gon was sitting in his favorite, overstuffed chair, reading a holo-novel. Obi-Wan felt his annoyance double at the sight of his relaxed master.

?Why didn?t you wake me?? he asked.

?I did, but you wouldn?t get up, and I got tired of trying.? Qui-Gon said as he shrugged his shoulders at his apprentice.

Obi-Wan gaped at his master. ?But you only tried once! Seriously Master, you didn?t even try!? His master just shrugged his shoulders again. Obi-Wan growled in frustration and stomped into his room.

?This is just great, my first day back, and I?m already late. All because my master was too lazy to wake me up!? Obi-Wan said this to himself as he flung clothes to the floor while looking for a clean tunic. Glancing at the time, he threw on his tunic and ran into the main room of the apartment.

Qui-Gon watched silently as his student flew out the door.

?Have a good day Padawan.? he called after the retreating figure. He sighed as he walked back to his chair. The boy had to learn some responsibilities, even if it was the hard way.

Obi-Wan ran down the hallway, the empty hallway. Usually the hallway was teeming with other students on their way to class. Obi-Wan groaned and quickened his pace, as his tired mind finally figured out why the hall was empty. He was really late. He glanced at his wrist, 7:32. He still had two minutes till the late chime. If he didn?t make it to Master Obergafell?s room before then, he would have kitchen duty. Again.

He was so worried about the time he didn?t notice the presence coming around the corner until it was too late. He ran into the person and fell to the floor. He let out a grunt as his backside made hard contact with the floor. He stood quickly to apologize. He bowed to the older man and said a quick apology. The man smiled, making him look younger.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi?? he asked.

?Yes sir.? Obi-Wan studied the man, determining him to be a knight, he was much too young to be a master. In fact he hardly looked older then 25. Probably making him one of the youngest knights in the temple. His dark hair was longer and gelled into spikes in the front and his blue eyes

2. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    YAAAAAAY! It began! Awesome opener!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this grow! Cool start!

3. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Good introduction, good start. Nothing bad at all with it. I hope to be here for the rest.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    interesting to see if they come back unscathed [face_laugh]

5. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice start. I like Qui's plan to teach Obi a lesson- I think Mom's tried that on me before. :)

6. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
  7. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Jaxx~ I love you! hehe thanks~

Casper~ I hope you're hear for the rest too! I'm glad you liked it so far!

Kitara~ Do they ever come back unscathed? [face_devil] hehe!

Ty-gon~ I think eveyone's mom and dad have tried that one once! lol

Thank you again for replying! So I take it you would like to see more? If so, tell me and I could have another post up by tonight...

~*Nikita*~

8. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    You know me, I'm always willing to see a post :D

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Of course we would like more. :)

10. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Its fine, its better than fine, its got the potential to be big and bad and award-winning! Keep it up; i don't like long waits(the anticipation kills me every time, i swear!!)

11. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    k here's the next part! Enjoy!

?Padawan, pack an extra set of clothes. We don't know how long we?ll be off planet.? Qui-Gon said as he stuck his head in Obi-Wan?s room, watching him pack.

?Okay master.? Obi-Wan shoved a spare tunic into his pack. ?Do you think I should take my data pad?? The thought of having homework while on this mission made him shudder. Qui-Gon appeared to ponder the idea, making it seem like a tough decision, when they both knew he wouldn?t put his student through that kind of torture.

?I don?t know Padawan, don?t you want to get a head start on your oral presentation in Master Obergafell?s class?? He couldn?t hide his grin at Obi-Wan?s grimace. ?No Padawan, you don?t have to bring your pad, but I expect you to jump back into the swing of things when we return to the temple.?

?Yes Master.? Obi-Wan said, smiling at him in thanks. He turned back around, glancing around his room to check for forgotten items, when the door chime sounded.

?Obi-Wan, would you get that?? Obi-Wan hit the door panel and stepped back slightly as it slid open, revealing Knight Krenwar.

?Good evening Obi-Wan.? a smile lit up the man?s face, again making him seem younger.

?He must be at least 35 years old,? Obi-Wan thought to himself. He stepped aside and gestured for the knight to enter the apartment. ?Knight Krenwarl...? he was cut off by a wave of a hand.
    Please call me Terry. How old are you Obi-Wan??

?I?ll be 18 this fall. May I ask why sir?? Obi-Wan tilted his head while asking his question.

?Terry, please. Obi-Wan, I?m insulted by your thoughts. Do you always broadcast so loud? 35 years old, do I look that old? Obi-Wan blushed as Terry said this. Terry smiled as he continued, ?I?m only 23 years old.?
    ?

?You?re only 23?? Obi-Wan asked in astonishment.

?Close you mouth before a fly lands in it. And yes I?m only 23, I was knighted fairly young, at the request of my late master.? Terry turned in greeting when Qui-Gon entered the room.

?Ah, Terry, It?s good to see you again. It?s been too long.?

?Yes Qui-Gon, it has. How are you??

?I?m doing good.? Qui-Gon?s hand rested on his apprentice?s shoulder, showing Terry that the older man was indeed fine. The knight turned back to Obi-Wan.

?I hope we can get to know each other during this mission, become brothers of a sort. But that can wait until we board our transport.,? said Terry as he gatjhered his gear and walked out the door, with Qui-Gon right on his heels.

?I?ll be right there Master, I forgot something.? Obi-Wan ran back into his room and grabbed his river stone off his dresser. ?Okay, I?m ready now.? The door shut behind the trio as they headed towards the hangar.

Terry sat in the main cabin of the ship, trying to push away the memories that Qui-Gon?s presense brought back. But they were too strong, and he was lost in the memory of the day he noticed his best friend changing.

?Terry, you wanna spar with me today after lunch?? Xantos asked as he set his tray down beside his friend. Terry turned his head and smiled at his friend.

?Sure I?d love to. My master?s going to want to observe.? Terry shoveled his last bite of Yungi bird in his mouth, chewing loudly. ?What time exactly are we looking at??

?Um, let?s meet in 15 minutes outside of gym one. And do you really have to bring your master? He?ll make us fight properly. We won?t be able to have any fun.? Xantos said as he dug into his dessert. ?Maybe I could convince my master to have tea with yours.?
    He titled his head to follow Terry as he stood.

Terry shook his head at Xantos. ?You never want your master, or anyone?s master watching you fight anymore. Why is that.? Terry watched his friend?s eyes carefully, waiting for an answer. It was slow in coming and he was about to turn away when Xantos stood up.

?I just don?t want them finding out how good I am.? Xantos said, grinning as Terry leaned back away from him. ?I?ll meet you at gym one in 15 minutes. Don?t be late!? Terry stood in the same spot, pondering the emotions

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Hmmmm......interesting developement already. Since I don't read the JA and such I'm the Jonny come late with some of it. BUT it works here. :)

13. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Casper~ I'm glad you like it! And how could you not read the JA? lol they're some of the best stories...! hehe

~*Nikita*~

14. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I haven't read the JA books, either, but I like the fanfic genre. Good post!

15. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Thanks for putting this link in your sig, Casper, or I would have missed this gem completely. :D :D

Cool story so far, Nikita, but for some reason the words 'Obi-Wan' and 'unscathed' just don't belong in the same sentence. [face_devil]

16. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Actually, I liked the term "Meddling Troll" when in reference to Yoda... he he he

17. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Well, for one thing, I'm reading much better Star Wars stories here, far better than the books from Stranger in a Strange Land to Trials of the Force to The Storm to the Art of War to Insurrectors to The Past Rediscovered to Son of Darkness to How to Write Obi-Torture and it's all FREE! :p

Secondly, I write and I enjoy my own work; selfish entertainment my imagination is. ;)

18. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Casper and Ty~ hehe i'll let you in on a little secret. I've only read the first four, cause my library is stupid and only has those ones. So i guess i don't read the Ja either... oh well!

Whiskey~ No they don't go well together, this is good for us! I'm glad u agree!

Bri~ Hey sorry I forgot you last time! Forgive me! Thanks for u'r support! It made my day!

Jaxx~ Don't talk trash bout Yoda, hehe I have a fondness for the little troll... hehe!!!

neways the next post will be up soon!

~*Nikita*~

19. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    It was later on after dinner that Obi-Wan finally got a chance to speak with his master alone. The pair was headed towards the cargo hold for saber practice, and Obi-Wan decided to voice his questions on the mission. ?Master, the mission specs say that we are to be looking for Gorlc Ressi. I thought he died about seven months ago. Wasn?t he killed in a spice raid on Alderaan?? Obi-Wan said as he reached the cargo door first, and opened it for his master.

Qui-Gon nodded in thanks to Obi-Wan and began to take off his outer tunics. ?Yes, Gorlc was declared dead on the news. But the council has had many Jedi report seeing him. It was a coincidence that he might be involved in this ring, and the council is killing two birds with one stone. I believe that is why Knight Krenwar was assigned to go with us on this mission.? Qui-Gon said as he began stretching his long arms over his head.

?So we are to be undercover as men looking for work in the ring. Won?t it look suspicious if the three of us walk in asking for a job? I think they?ll be smarter than that.? Obi-Wan sat down to stretch his legs, wincing at the stiffness that was left over from his earlier meditation. Rubbing his sore knee caps, he remembered a question he wanted to ask Qui-Gon. ?How do you know Knight Krenwar so well Master??

Qui-Gon had expected this line of questioning, and was prepared with an answer. He looked straight into his apprentice?s eyes as he replied. ?He was best friends with Xantos when Xantos was my Padawan.? Even though Qui-Gon felt a twinge in his heart when mentioning his former student, it faded away quickly when he caught the look of love in Obi-Wan?s eyes. The boy respected him, and loved him like a father, and Qui-Gon couldn?t help loving the boy right back.
    ?Master, is that why Terry was knighted so young? Did Xantos do something to him?? Obi-Wan?s question was so close to the truth, and no matter how much love Obi-Wan showed Qui-Gon, he still wasn?t ready for the guilt he felt. Terry?s life had also been altered when Xantos turned to the dark side, and he had yet to ask the knight if he was okay.

Qui-Gon took a deep breath and began his tale, starting right after Xantos had asked Terry to spar that fateful day.

?Master, would you mind if Terry and I sparred?? Xantos asked his master as he sat next to him at the table. Xantos lifted a pen and started spinning it in the air with the Force.

?Xani, don?t do that. You know the council frowns upon the use of the Force in that way.? Qui-Gon frowned at his apprentice and glanced back down at his papers. ?I have some papers to finish looking over, but after that I?ll come down to watch you two.?

Xantos sprang up from his chair, ?No Master that won?t be necessary, Terry and I are just going to play around with a few new moves, maybe you could go keep Master Tehanu company. I hear he likes the same as you.? Xantos smiled at his master and turned towards the door. ?Thanks Master, I?ll come back when we?re finished.? And with that the door slid shut after him. ?Everything?s going perfect,? he said to himself as he headed towards the training rooms.

About five minutes after Xantos left, the door chime rang. Thinking that Xantos had already invited Terry?s master over, he opened the door. Surprised to see Terry?s face instead if his master?s he stepped back and invited him inside. ?Is there something I can do for you Padawan Krenwar??

?Yes Master. It?s about Xantos, has he been acting different?? Terry said this while starring at the ground. ?Because, I?ve noticed a change in him. He always seems easily agitated by the littlest things. And he never wants anyone to watch us spar anymore. He?s afraid someone will learn his ?secret moves.? Terry fidgeted, moving his weight from foot to foot.

?Padawan Krenwar, when did you start to notice these changes?? Qui-Gon already knew what he?d say. His padawan had been acting strangely these past few months. He hadn?t taken the time to think about it, attributing the strange behavior to stress and school work.

?It

20. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    FUN STUFF! I didn't know lightsabers had settings, hehe! I guess what they say is true, u DO learn something new everyday. Keep it up gurl.

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh poopie; well that will definately leave a mark.

And yeah lightsabers actually do have different settings; none for training, but then again why not! That's the freedom of Fan Fiction; creativity can go unchallenged and know no limitations.

22. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Uh oh...

Hey, Qui-Gon...another big helping of CROW? Get used to it, 'cause you're gonna be eating it for a while.

Cool post! :D

23. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    WOW I like this story.

I guess I've always been a sucker for really, REALLY good psychology. This rocks, and props to you.

I'll be here.

24. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Casper~ Well, excuse me for not being in the know! They never mention it in the movies from what I remember.

Nik~ Update soon. I'm dyin over here, k hun?
    thanx a bunch.

25. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Just like I said, Nikita, eh?

You're doing wonderful. Keep it up! :D

--Jaxx

ps I'm so proud of you [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.