main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's a Jungle in There (young Obi-Wan humor - one post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by dianethx, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, I'm about to plunge into the pool of fan fic authors here.... be kind.

Title:It's a jungle in there.
    Author: Diane Kovalcin
    Rating:G. Humor. Pre-TPM Obi-Wan is 14.
    Disclaimer: I'm making no credits on this. It's just for fun.
    Author's note: Thanks to Allison for being my beta reader and to Marnie for suggesting I turn a snippet of conversation into a fan fic (even though I changed the ending).
    This means //thoughts//

"Bant, I don't know what I'm going to do."

Obi-Wan Kenobi glanced at his best friend, a woebegone expression on his young face, and then stared at the floor. He slouched forward, leaning into the wall outside his quarters, arms crossed, one foot digging into the carpeting. He shook his head, dejected, almost sulking.

"Why, what's wrong, Obi?" Bant gazed at him with some trepidation. Obi-Wan was now 14, an angst-driven teenager and prone to flagrant exaggeration. Everything, absolutely everything was a major catastrophe. Bant sighed slowly and thought, //Obi-Wan, just once, try not to turn it, whatever it is, into a galactic crisis.//

"It's Master Qui-Gon. He's driving me crazy."

Bant rolled her eyes and giggled. "Again?"

The young Padawan glanced up quickly, looking at his friend as though she had stabbed him in the heart. He gritted his teeth and hissed, "I'm serious, Bant. He's at it again."

Bant tried to school her expression into a more understanding demeanor, but she was desperately trying not to burst into a full-blown laugh. Obi-Wan could be so...so dramatic at times.

"Why, what has Master Qui-Gon done now?"

"He has a new hobby."

At that, Bant did burst out laughing. Qui-Gon Jinn was famous, or should it be said, infamous, for his unusual hobbies. In the short time that she had known him, Master Jinn had gone through slug painting, rope sculpture, Dagabohan music, mold growing, and exotic dancing, to name a few. With each new hobby, Obi-Wan became more and more embarrassed about his Master's activities. The Padawan took it almost as a personal affront to his youthful dignity.

Obi-Wan growled, teeth tightly clenched, "Bant, you're not helping here."

She tried to stop laughing, but it was increasingly difficult, especially with the look on Kenobi's face. At last, Bant was able to stop, but, at the back of her throat, the giggles still lurked.

"Obi-Wan, I'm sorry. I'll try to be calm about this..." She snickered briefly. "Okay, what is Master Jinn up to now?"

"He's...he's...he's..."

"Well, out with it, Obi."

"He's gardening."

Bant burst out laughing again. "Finally, a normal hobby..." Still giggling, she asked, "What's... wrong with gardening?"

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, a help-me-please look on his unhappy face. "It's not the gardening that's the problem. It's how he has gone about it. You have no idea."

Bant shook her head. Obi-Wan was just so... entertaining. She knew he took everything far too seriously and even the simplest of problems became a universe-shattering experience. Him and his tormented teenage tribulations. She looked at him with affection and tried not to smirk.

"Alright, tell me what is wrong."

"Last month, he filled up his room with plants, all kinds of plants. Okay, I can deal with that. It is his room, after all and it was a relief for Master Qui-Gon to have a normal hobby at last. Finally...finally, I wouldn't be embarrassed." He paused and dug his boot deeper into the carpet. "But, he found more plants. His room was overflowing so much that by the second week the kitchen and the refresher went green. I can hardly take a shower without the plants stabbing me from all sides."

"Did he stop there?"

Obi-Wan growled and spoke distinctly, emphasis on every word, annoyed beyond belief, "No...he...did...not...stop...there."

"Well...?"

"Last week, he put in a fish pond and waterfall in the sitting area."

"Sounds wonderful."

"Sure, you'd think so. But then he s

2. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Hehehe! Very good, dianethx! Obi's room taken over by a plant... :D [face_laugh] Loved it!

3. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Poor Obi...

Qui-Gon took up exotic dancing? my, that must have been... scary

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was great

5. NabooPrincess14

NabooPrincess14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    That was great! :D I never thought about Ben in that way. Good Job!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Thanks everyone for your comments. It was fun to write.

As for the exotic dancing, I always thought that, if Qui-Gon would be taking lessons, he would have had to be in a recital... Can you just imagine him in sequins and tights? And Obi-Wan in the audience turning beet-red and trying to sink into the ground with embarrassment....

Diane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.