main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chosen (Kenobi Twin Fan fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    I will post the first chapter soon. Until then, I recommend you read my first fic, The Twins Meet (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=675616&page=1) so you know whats going on.
    :) :)

2. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    Please start soon! I just read The Twins Meet and enjoyed it very much. I'll be waiting for Chosen to start!!!!!

3. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's the first chapter. Enjoy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chosen
    by Kadi-Wan Kenobi

Chapter 1
    I couldn't believe it. I didn't have lessons for the whole day anymore! Ever since I had come to the Temple, there had been lessons non stop each day. I could hardly ever find time to get away and have enough time to myself. That had been 6 months ago. Now I had half a day every day. There were several parts of the Temple I still hadn't seen. Shutting the door behind me, I headed for the lift. Time to explore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked down the hall, I couldn't help but wonder where I was. I had been walking for what seemed like hours and was completely turned around. As I walked down the hall, a noise suddenly caught my ears. I froze and listened. No. It couldn't be. The noise came again. Following my ears, I slid through a door leading to a garden I had never been to before. The smell hit me almost instantly. I couldn't help but smile. I hadn't thought I would ever smell that again. It was like being home again. Horses. Before me was the largest gardens I had ever seen. There was a large pasture and what I guessed was a barn. Feeling relaxed, I walked quickly toward the barn. Inside, several horses turned to stare at me. I smiled. This was a dream come true. Walking up to the first stall, I gently began to pet the mare, who had come to greet me.
    "Hey girl. How are you?" I whispered, patting her nose. Stepping away from her, I continued to do so for each and every horse.
    "I take it you like horses." A quiet voice asked in mild amusement behind me. With a small gasp, I spun around. I hadn't sensed anyone in the room. Sitting on a bale of hay was a aging Jedi Master. For a moment I just stared at him, then remembered my manners. Quickly, I bowed in respect.
    "I'm sorry if I disturbed you." I began.
    "Enough of that sithly formal stuff. How about you just tell me your name?" I couldn't help but smile at his words. I found I already liked him.
    "Kadi-Wan Kenobi."
    "Ah, so your the new Initiate everyone talked about a few months ago." He said. I felt myself go slightly pale. Everyone had been talking about me. He must have noticed.
    "Don't worry, it wasn't anything like that." He said with a laugh. "I'm Master Jayherals Herwyqrt, but you can call me Master Jay. Now, what brings you hear?"
    "I was exploring and heard the horses. They remind me of home." I said quietly, looking over at them again. He smiled kindly.
    "Its hard leaving a place where you grew up. Well, you're welcome to stay as long as you want."
    "Thanks." I said, turning to a horse who had nudged me in the back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well? Should I continue?

4. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    Yes please do!!! I like this a lot.

5. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks JediRouge9. I hope to finish writing the next post tonight sometime. It should be up tomorrow. :)

6. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    I can't wait to read the next part. This is a good story so far.

7. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    Hi Kadi-Wan, Just found this and thought you should know its up to your usual high standard, look forward to more!!!

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks guys.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6 months later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was washing Mejay, I was surprised to hear the door to the gardens. Looking up, I saw Bant and Reeft walk in with a group other Padawans, including Bruck, and a few Masters. My eyes immediately narrowed at the sight of him. Maybe it was genetic, but, like Obi-Wan, I didn't get along too well with him. The group walked up to talk with Master Jay. Turning my attention back to the horse, who had managed to find the treat I had hidden in my pouch without my notice, I turned off the water and started drying her off. Once sure she wouldn't catch a cold, I released her in the pasture and went back to the barn. Inside, I was surprised to find that Master Jay was holding a feed bucket with four datapads inside. Confused, I stood back and watched as 20 of the Padawans walked forward and eack picked one of the datapads. I noticed each Padawan went back to a small group. Bant and Reeft were together as a group, Bruck was with 3 of his friends and the other groups had 2-4 each. As I put away the washing tack, I couldn't help but notice Bant and Reeft suddenly get downcast.
    "Hi guys." I asked, walking over.
    "Kadi! I haven't seen you in days. I didn't expect you to be here." Bant said, looking up at me in surprise.
    "I've been working here for about 6 months. I thought I told you." I looked around as the groups started to spread apart, some talking to the Masters while others gathered around certain horses. "What's going on? Hardly anyone ever come down here."
    "Its the Jedi Championships."
    "Jedi Championships? Never heard of it."
    "Once a year, the Jedi get together and test their skills against one another. Master/Padawan groups spar against one another and perform katas. The Padawans have sparring tournaments and acrobatic tournaments. And the Toset."
    Once again, I had no idea what they were talking about. "The Toset?"
    "Its an all day event. 20 teams made up of 4 Padawans each compete against each other in different events. One of which is a big obstacle course where the whole team must cooperate, each running a small portion of the course before tagging the next teammate. We're down here to pick our team horse for the day."
    "Ok, maybe I missed something, but why are you so gloomy?" I asked. It didn't sound at all bad. "It sounds like fun."
    "Its the horse we got. Jeet." Reeft said glumly, holding out the pad.
    "Jeet. I know him. He's very sweet."
    "And is always in last place when raced and that's when he actually leaves the starting gate." She had a point, he wasn't much of a race horse.
    "Well, what if you could teach him how to get better?"
    "I don't think so. He's so stubborn, he would drive the patience of Master Yoda."
    Well?

9. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, this is iffy.
    Chapter 3
    "So, who's on your team other than you two?" I asked, changing the subject.
    "Obi-Wan and another Padawan named Dev." Reeft said as we headed for the doors leading out of the garden.
    "Dev? Dev Katoa?" I asked.
    "Yes, that's him. You know him?"
    "We met at the New Year festival. I didn't know he was back at the Temple."
    "He is supposed to get back the day after tomorrow. We will be deciding you does what that afternoon." Bant paused for a moment. "We had better go. One of our classes starts soon. Bye Kadi."
    "Bye Bant, bye Reeft." I called after them, then turned to head back for the stable. I wished I could help them in some way. I knew I couldn't participate in the Toest, but if I could just help, it wouldn't be so bad. I suddenly heard a liud noise come from the barn. Running inside, I saw Bruck along with his friends teasing one of the young horses by holding some grain just out of reach. My eyes narrowed as I silently approached them.
    "What are you doing?" I demanded, making them let go of the grain in surprise. It scattered all over the ground. Great. I would have to sweep the floor all over again.
    "Well, if it isn't Oafy-Wan's twin, Kadi-Wrong." He said, trying to regain his composure.
    "Bruck, is it just me, or do you have a serious hearing problem? The name's Kadi-Wan." I said calmly back. It wasn't much of a comeback, but it was the first thing I thought of. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Its just I couldn't stand anyone who teased animals for fun.
    "You'd do well to remember your place." He spit out. I arched an eyebrow at him. Who does he think he is?
    "Since when did you become so high and mighty?" I asked. Bruck opened his mouth to say something, but was suddenly nudged by one of the others. Without a word, they left. A moment later, Master Jay walked in. He surveyed the spilled grain on the ground.
    "Anything happen while I was gone, Kadi?" He asked.
    "No. Bruck just dropped some grain." I said, heading over to the small closet where the broom was kept. Master Jay looked at me for a moment, then went back to whatever he had been doing. I quickly swept the grain up and threw it away, noticing the young horse watch the grain longingly. Making sure Master Jay was out of sight, I grabbed a small handful out of the sack and gave it to him.
    "Sorry about that boy." I said gently, patting his head with my other hand. As I stood there, I suddenly felt something peculiar. Frowning, I stopped petting him. What? Not sensing anything unusual, I looked down to find he had eaten all the grain. Pulling my hand away, I started to walk away, when the feeling came back. Just then, it hit me. The feeling was coming from the horse. I turned and looked at him. No doubt about it. I could sense that he wanted to run around the pasture. There was no sign of this if you just looked at him. He was standing there calmly, searching the ground for any grain I had dropped. I could tell what he was feeling and what he wanted. The Masters had never even mentioned something like this. Gathering the Force like I had taught, I silently asked if he wanted to go out. What happened next almost gave me a heart attack. The horse stopped what he was doing, looked me right in the eyes, and nodded his head once. Then he stood still, waiting.

10. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    This is good. I like this story. Post more soon please.

11. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooh! I love it, I love it! This story is awesome, I'm glad I found it! :)
    Looking forward to more! :)

12. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    wowo that is soooo cool!!!! she can talk to animals!!!!!! And Horses!! I lov Horses!!!! :) But my mom hates all animals and shes even dumped my fish down the toilet :'( oh well, but I love Horses!!! :) I hope u post more soon!!!!! :)

13. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    Sounds like Jacen Solo.. (You have to read the YJK books to understand...) That was brlliant, especially the bit about the Jedi Championships.. MORE!!

14. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    Sweet! I'm sensing a Dr. Dolittle/Harry Potter 4/Star Wars crossover here!!

15. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Actually, I got this idea from the new Disney movie, Ready To Run. For those of you who have seen it, some parts might sound a little familiar to you. More Later! :)

16. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hey! Keep up the good job!!!!!!! Write more soon! :D

17. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, here's a short one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 4
    I was still pretty shook up when Master Jay came back.
    "Kadi, are you alright?" He asked, searching my face. I felt him begin to touch my mind, and made sure my shields were strong.
    "Yeah. I'm fine." I lied. For a moment, I said nothing as I finished up feeding several of the mares. Maybe I should tell Master Jay. I turned back to him. "Master Jay, have you...is it....can Jedi talk to horses through the Force?" I managed to ask. He frowned and gave me a funny look.
    "Not that I know of. You will learn how to manipulate some animals minds when your older. Why do you ask?"
    "Its just, something really weird happened earlier......forget it." I shook my head and began walking out. It was time for my to go do my homework. "Maybe I am going crazy."
    "There are Jedi however who are said to communicate with animals." I stopped and looked back at him. "Its more of a myth nowadays. Some Jedi claim there never were Animal Empaths."
    "Animal Empaths? Jedi who can talk with animals?" I asked.
    "Yes. Legend has it that it was a gift few Jedi were born with. They were supposedly able to communicate silently with animals, able to understand one another. But, its only a legend. If there were Jedi like that, they were dead long before even Master Yoda was born." He finished.
    "Yes, a legend." I bowed. "Well, goodnight Master Jay. I'll see you tomorrow."
    "Good night Kadi."
    Like?

18. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. My mind was going crazy. THere was just too many things to think about. Was I going crazy? Could I actually speak to animals? No, it was impossible. Noone could speak to animals. Then what had happened earlier? I was perfectly sane then. Does a crazy person know they are crazy? How could I help Bant, Reeft, Dev, and Obi-Wan? Was there someway I could help them? Suddenly, I thought of something. If I could talk to animals, could I talk with Jeet? Maybe I could actually figure out what was wrong with him. And I would be helping everyone as if I did. I turned over and closed my eyes. If I was going to help, I needed to get some sleep. I had to be awake to help after all.
    I'll post more later. Please keep this thread up so I can find it. :)

19. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    That was good. I like how she can talk with animals, and that she thinks she is crazy. Post more soon Please. Can't wait for the next part.

20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 5
    I took a deep breath as I approached Jeet. He instantly turned and looked me straight in the eye, like he knew something had changed about me.
    "Hi boy." I said, gently patting him as I slipped on his halter. Opening the door, I led him towards the tie-rail. I tacked him up without trouble and led him out. His ears perked forward as I nudged him toward the small arena. When I directed him towards the gate, he froze. Taking another deep breath, I closed my eyes and focused.
    "Its alright Jeet. I just want to know what's wrong with you." I said to him soothingly. Suddenly, it happened again. It was like we were connected. I could see into his mind. It was easier this time, but still very weird. At first, all I sensed was that he wanted to graze on the grass below his feet and would really like to eat the treat I had in my pouch. Opening my eyes, I nudged him again to move towards the starting gate. It came to me almost instantly. The small gates terrified him. He hated small spaces. A claustrophobic horse? It appeared so. And the reason for running so slow? He got so shook up from being kept in the gate, he couldn't concentrate on running fast through and over the obstacles. Instead of nudging him towards the gate again, I lead him around it. How would he do without the starting gate part?
    "Ok, Jeet. Show me what you've got." I whispered, patting him on the neck. Then I kicked him. He took off. For a moment, I was so startled that I came close to falling off. I had never been on a horse this fast before. He was in a full out gallop! Regaining my composure, I leaned forward slightly and steered him towards the first obstacle. We flew over the hedge! It was amazing! We were one as he made his way to the end of the end of the course. Weaving around the last obstacle, I slowed him down into a trot, then a walk. He was breathing hard, but held his head up high, like he was proud of himself. One ear was turned back to face me, waiting me to say something.
    "Good boy, Jeet! You were amazing!" I exclaimed patting him on the neck. Both ears perked up and he nodded his head. I couldn't help but laugh. This was incredible! I swung my leg over the saddle and started to lead him back to the barn. I was surprised to find Master Jay waiting for me. He had seen the whole thing. There was a small smile on his face.
    "Kadi, whatever you did, you made that horse fly through the course." He said as I approached him. I smiled.
    "I didn't do anything, Master Jay. It was Jeet. He did all the work." I said. We began moving towards the barn.
    "Well, you must have done something different from everyone else who has ever ridden him. He has never run that fast, even for me."
    "I swear, I didn't do anything different on the course, we just started in front of the gate." I looked up at Master Jay. "Its the gate. He's terrified of it." He looked at my for a moment.
    "If your going to help your friends, your going to have to figure out how to get him out of the gate. There is no way he can start races in front of the gate." He was right. What was I going to do?
    Tell me what you think! :)

21. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Alright we get another story. Wish I saw this earlier.

22. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    thats a really good post!!! :)i hope theres more soon!!!!! :)

23. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jun 16, 2000
    Yup, that was good...

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Sorry this took awhile to put up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 6
    The next day, I still hadn't thought of anything. I had finished my chores early so I could meet with Bant and the rest. Bant had told me the spot where they were meeting and I had ridden Jeet over. He was lazily grazing beside me. I sensed them approach before I saw them. Jumping up, I ran over to meet them. Obi-Wan was with them.
    //Obi-Wan!// I yelled through our bond. I hadn't seen him in several months. His face lit up and he hurried ahead of the rest.
    //Kadi! What are you doing here?// He exclaimed. //I've been looking everywhere for you!//
    //I thought you knew. I work here after classes every day. Didn't I tell you?//
    //No.// Then I noticed 2 Masters a little ways behind them. Master Qui-Gon and a master I had never seen before.
    //What are the Masters doing here?// I asked.
    //They are in charge of this team. Reeft's and Dev's masters couldn't make it today and Bant's master is so busy in the infirmary, she won't be able to participate at all. That's why Master Peddra is here. Each team needs 4 Masters.//
    "Kadi, what's Jeet doing here?" Bant asked suddenly, getting our attention. I had been so focused on our conversation I hadn't noticed they had stopped next to us.
    "I rode him over here. He is part of the team, isn't he?" I asked. "Besides, I have some news for you."
    "Hello, Kadi." Master Qui-Gon said once they had arrived with the rest of us.
    "Hi Master Qui-Gon." I said, bowing in respect. He turned to Master Peddra.
    "Ava, this is Initiate Kadi-Wan Kenobi. Kadi, this is Master Ava Peddra." I bowed in respect.
    "Its nice to meet you Master Peddra." I said politely. She nodded her head. For some reason, I got the feeling she didn't want to be here.
    Well? :)

25. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    I love this is story. I can't wait to read the next part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.