main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon's Discovery (AU TPM Humor) **COMPLETE 6-28-02 TAGGED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Qui-Gon?s Discovery (an AU to TPM)

Summary: What if a key scene in The Phantom Menace had turned out just a little differently? (No, not that scene! Just read it :) )

Disclaimer: George Lucas is all-powerful.

2. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Excitement may have been unbecoming for a Jedi, but Qui-Gon could not quite quell the rush he felt. He had done it, something no other Jedi had ever done or ever would do. He had found the Chosen One.

Although Qui-Gon was positive that the young slave boy was the one of prophecy, he wanted to observe him a bit longer before he acted. Qui-Gon was going to make sure that his discovery went perfectly.

Noticing Shmi Skywalker standing by her self on the balcony above him, Qui-Gon climbed the stairs up to her. What better way to confirm the data than by talking to the mother of the Chosen One?

?You have an incredible son, Ms. Skywalker. He is truly a gift of the Force,? Qui-Gon prompted, hoping to get the response he so desired.

?Yes, Anakin really is special. He knows nothing of greed, or anger, or hate, he just gives and gives, never thinking of himself. I am very proud of my son,? Shmi stated, never taking her eyes off of the boy below her. Anakin was working to prepare his pod racer for the upcoming BoontaEve race.

?His father must be proud of him too, huh?? Qui-Gon prompted yet again, this time a little more pointedly.

?Actually, Anakin has no father. I carried him, I gave birth to him, and I raised him. I don?t know how it happened but it did,? Shmi said as she finally lifted her eyes off the boy below her to look at the Jedi Master.

Qui-Gon had to keep himself from leaping into the air and clicking his heels. This boy truly was the Chosen One. He would finally win his bet with Mace. The other Master insisted that the prophecy was just a bunch of poodoo, and Qui-Gon had made it his life?s mission to prove Mace wrong.

?Then your son truly is a gift of the Force,? the Master said, once he had his emotions back under control. ?You are truly a lucky woman,? with that Qui-Gon descended the stairs and approached the boy to offer him a power source he had scrounged up.

LATER THAT NIGHT

?So you see, Master Qui-Gon, I?m the only human that can race pods. No other human has ever even tried,? Anakin said as he tried not to squirm. Qui-Gon was spreading bacta over the numerous cuts the boy had accumulated working on his pod.

?You must have Jedi reflexes than Anakin. But for now, you should get some rest. Even Jedi need their sleep, and you have a big race in front of you tomorrow,? Qui-Gon replied as he lifted Anakin off the stone ledge they were perched on.

?Good night Master Qui-Gon!? Anakin called as he ran back into the house.

Barely waiting until Anakin had cleared the doorway, Qui-Gon whipped out his comm. link. Now he could finally prove beyond a doubt that Anakin was the Chosen One and that smug Master Windu would have to pay up.

?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon called out into the comm. link, ?I need you to do a midichlorian count on this blood sample I am sending you.?

?Master? Are you and Master Windu still doing the ?who has the largest midichlorian count? thing? Really Master, most initiates grow out of that phase by their 16th year,? Obi-Wan commented dryly as he uploaded the sample.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, how nice of you to volunteer to help Master Yoda with his famous ?sludge soup cook off? when we return to the temple. In the meantime, how about checking the sample for me,? Qui-Gon responded.

It was a much more sullen voice that responded ?Yes Master? from the comm. link in Qui-Gon?s hand.

Both parties were silent as the blood analyzer checked the results. Qui-Gon could barely control his impatience, but years as a Jedi Master allowed him to at least keep his apparent agitation somewhat in check.

?Master!? came the voice of his apprentice, ?this is simply incredible!?

?A massive midichlorian count?? Qui-Gon asked when no more information was forthcoming. ?Higher even than Master Yoda?s?? Qui-Gon continued as his excitement crescendoed.

?Actually Master, I have never seen a count like this! It is simply amazing! I have never seen a life form with a midichlorian count of absolutely zero before. This is one heck of a discovery Master!? Obi-Wan c

3. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Not even ONE comment :( Sheesh, if its that bad, please tell me and I'll remove it ;)

4. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    HA! That was great! [face_laugh]

I have this image of Qui-Gon forcing himself not to jump up and down and click his heels. The idea that Mace and Qui-Gon had a bet over the prophesy is hilarious. And Anakin's count was zero...hehe. It's priceless.

Don't you dare think about removing this! :D

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Really funny. Loved the zero midchlorian count. LOL...

6. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
  7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL [face_laugh] Anakin has ZERO midi-chlorians! [face_laugh]

And poor Qui-Gon... [face_laugh]

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Zero midi-chlorians?!? That means no need to drag the kid to Coruscant??? Perhaps even no Darth Vader??? YIPPEE!!!

I enjoyed that Calais!!

9. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Given my predeliction for seeing Qui in less than favorable light - sometimes - I think this represents perfect poetic justice - especially since I'm also one of very few who think that Anakin, in TPM, was generally annoying.

Good job. :D

10. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    That's it! One post????

I was very nice though! I'll just up this so more people can see it!

11. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    There are people who DIDN'T find that little boy annoying?..."Master Qui-Gon, Sir?" The sniviling little brat, I'd like to...AHEM, well, moving on...

Anyway, this was quite amusing. I'm glad I stumbled across it. And it really is quite fitting. Excellent job!

12. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    babybantha I have this image of Qui-Gon forcing himself not to jump up and down and click his heels LOL

dianethx Thanks!

JediClare poor Qui-Gon LOL, you should read "The Revenge of Obi-Wan" for poor Qui-GOn :-D

Healer_Leona I enjoyed that Calais!! Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Antigone: I'm glad you stumbled across it too! Thanks for reading :)
    Cynical21 especially since I'm also one of very few who think that Anakin, in TPM, was generally annoying. You are NOT ALONE!!! :)

IloveSciFI That's it! One post???? For now... yes. Maybe more later, I think I can expand on this but I am not sure if it is worth it

13. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Gosh this was so funny. Lol! That was great!

14. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Vader: Got any Threes?

Seven: Got a home?

15. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    LOL! That's soo hilarious! :D
    God bless!

<3-Moose

16. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I think Anakin is just, in general, annoying in any universe. ;) :p

Absolutely hilarious, CK! [face_laugh]

17. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    God I love that fic...

18. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] CUTE!

20. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    sludge soup cookoff!

LOL!!!! :D

What a scream this is, CK.

Obi-Wan [shakes head], what a smarta--.

But Qui-Gon deserves him. :)

21. Estel_Kenobi

Estel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    FOOCL!!!!!!!!

Oh gosh how could I have missed this before???

22. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    This was adorable!

Great discovery that you dug up, Estel_Kenobi!

23. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    ::collapses, blue from lack of air from laughing::

Great!

~Dot

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    ROTFLMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved it!!!