main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Matter of Strength ~New Post 11/08~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Title: A Matter of Strength
    Author: LuvEwan
    Category: Angst
    Summary: Obi-Wan is a young master training the supposed 'chosen one'. But his true wishes are revealed when he falls victim to a mysterious, perhaps deadly, illness that leaves him locked in a world of dreams and memories. Anakin is out to save him, but does Obi-Wan really want to be saved?
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.

***I am no fan of Anakin, just Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. It was necessary for me to have some personal thoughts and reflections on Anakin because it was needed for the story. But I actually hate him?and I think Ewan McGregor is a billion times cuter than Hayden Christensen?Hope I didn't make any enemies just now?***

Anakin Skywalker had been huddled around a protocol droid- similar to the amusing C-P30 he had left behind on Tatooine four years before. It belonged to a Jedi master who had been injured during a dangerous mission, and required the service of such a machine.

Its system was malfunctioning, and Anakin was rumored the best mechanic in all the Temple, so he was left to find the defect.

When he removed the switchboard to gaze into the innards of the droid, the umpteen wires and parts reminded him of the condition he had left Three-pio in. He wondered if he would ever return to that desert planet, where his mother Shmi remained a prisoner of the despicable Watto, again. It wasn't that he missed the lifestyle he had led, because that was perhaps the only part he enjoyed about leaving Tatooine. But, of course, he ached for his mother constantly. While his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, was a trusting friend and perhaps the closest he would ever have to a true father, Shmi was his mother, no one could replace her. With her so far from him, it felt as though someone had torn a piece of his heart from his chest. He hoped someday he could reclaim it when he freed her from the clutches of slavery. Four years ago, tears clouding his sight, sobs wracking his body, he had promised his mother he would be back for her. And he always kept his promises.

There were times where he would be lying back on his sleepcouch, staring out into the night sky, and would think of Queen Amidala of the Naboo. He had not seen her- much less made contact with her- since that fateful attack on her sovereign planet four years ago. He pictured her perfect face, minus the concealing white makeup, her hair slicked back into a complicated hair style for battle. Brown eyes glittering, smile bright and beautiful. Her voice, like an angel gently humming a melodious song. He felt she had some understanding of who he was- not just a boy with more medi-chlorians than even the great master Yoda- but the person living inside him. The boy named Anakin. Not the former slave. Not the Jedi Skywalker, with talents no one had seen before. And he understood who Amidala was. She wasn't merely a queen, but a glorious human being. A smart, fun girl. He would dream of the times they had had together.

And imagine the times yet to come.

Because he had a feeling he would be with her once more. Some day.

A sad note was struck in the instrument of his soul when he remembered the Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn, who had saved his very life by freeing him of the title of slave four years ago. He had not seen him die, had not witnessed the horror that his master, barely twenty five at the time, had. But his eyes had set upon the ugly creature, the Sith lord, when he had appeared as if from thin air in the hangar bay on Theed. The gruesome red and black which tattooed his horned head would haunt him for the rest of his life. And he knew it would disturb, plague his master for even longer.

His master, Obi-Wan. He guessed he thought about him most of all. He had been with Obi-Wan for four years, but he had yet to know him. Because his master evidently didn't want to be known.. The skin of ice he kept around himself, maybe to protect himself from being hurt again, Anakin was worried it would never melt. He vividly recalled

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Finished??? You'd better start posting! :D

3. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Great first part Ewan :)

Glad to know that it's finished 8-}

So how did Obi get this killer virus :confused:

4. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    It's finished already? Awesome! :D

Great start, LuvEwan! There was mush! Well... sort of mush... oh well, mush enough ;)

Can't wait for more!

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Oooooh! :eek: Excellent! :D

6. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Did you leave a cliffhanger? Evilness! Pure evilness!

*Jedi mind tricks the author*
    You will update soon. After that, you will go to the moon and make it explode!
    Mwha haha.
    Great start. :D

7. Kampfzwerg

Kampfzwerg Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    *sits staring at the monitor*

I won't move until the next post.

*stare further*

*stare*

*stare*

*still staring*

Please post soon. My bottom starts hurting.

RangerPrincess: That's no moon. That's a spacestation

8. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    - - Stares at my age old signature - -

:D

9. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey, This is good. Anakin seems so nice and caring. It's a bit refreshing to see.

I hope Obi-Wan pulls through.

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Good start and not a bad characterisation of Anakin for someone who can't stand the Brat ;)

Post the rest please :D

11. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Can't wait for Obi to be better :) More soon right???

Kamp I love your siggy!

12. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    I want to read more! It's really, really interesting

Post the rest soon please :)

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Anakin shut a large, dusty book with disappointment. Another text describing the planet Murrif, but nothing of any diseases which had the effect it had on his master. He decided whatever was hurting Obi-Wan was relatively new. And extremely dangerous.
    He pushed the books aside, and dashed off to see his master, still bedridden and weak.

"Master." Anakin said quietly, stepping inside the plainly decorated room. Obi-Wan was asleep, and Anakin stepped back at the sight of the man, with a tool to aid him in breathing strapped around his face.

He took Obi-Wan's hand, and wrapped his own around the frail fingers. "Master?" He called again, a bit frightened he wasn't answering.
    Obi-Wan moaned, pulling his master closer as Qui-Gon tried to break away. "No, you can't go. Not again..."

Qui-Gon shook his head. Anakin appeared beside him, and Qui-Gon's form disenegrated. "Noooo!" Obi-Wan shouted, clawing desperately at the air. "Come back!"

"Come back!" Anakin's master shouted, but it came out so soft it was hardly raising his voice. Anakin was jerked by the command, coming from the nearly comatose Jedi.
    "I'm right here, master."

Obi-Wan's eyes opened and saw his apprentice, standing watchfully over him. But he didn't want Anakin to be there. Not when he could have his master instead. He shut them again, hopeful. But his master wasn't in his mind anymore. "Padawan." He whispered.

Anakin ran his fingers through his master's hair. "Master, what was the matter?"
    He asked with concern.

"Oh? nothing. I was just having a nightmare." He lied, trying with all his might to move his leg.

"I'm sorry." Anakin said, feeling enormous sorrow for his master. As if he wasn't going through enough, he had to have bad dreams, too. "They said there isn't any way to treat what you have."

"Because they don't know what's wrong with me." Obi-Wan finished for him. "I know. T-They try to be quiet about it, just whisper it, but I can hear them."

"Master, I want to?" He floundered for the words amid his desperation. "I need to tell you something. But you have to promise not to tell anybody. You can't tell even Yoda." Anakin confessed, taking his master's hand again. "No one."

Obi-Wan nodded painfully. "What is it, Anakin?"

"I'm going back to the planet, the one we just came back from. I'm going to find out what's wrong with you. What-or who-caused it. And I'll get the cure, no matter what it takes." Anakin told his master, his voice in the strongest tone he could muster, attempting to sound adult when he had never felt like such a helpless child.

Obi-Wan's eyes closed, and his breathing slowed. "Master." He said in a sigh, and was unconscious before his padawan could question him.

Anakin laid his master's hand on the chest, and stroked his cheek. "I'll be back, master. I promise." With one look back at him, Anakin left the medical center. And began to ready himself for a secret journey to a planet once called Murrif.

Anakin had already procured, actually stolen, a transport in which to get to Murrif, and had packed the items necessary for the trip.

He knew what he was doing could very well get him booted out of the Temple for good, but he didn't care in the least. Saving his master was worth anything. Even his life.
    He slung his pack over his back, and tiptoed to the hangar bay. No one had noticed him. Thank you Force.

Anakin pressed a button, and dashed silently up the ramp. He listened to it hiss close. And he sighed in relief. He had made it. He set the coordinates for Murrif, and took off.

Anakin Skywalker, Jedi apprentice, had stolen a transport, and alone, was heading for a hazardous world only recently liberated from war. He held his breath as the transport broke from the atmosphere of Coruscant, and into hyperspace.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, were racing beside two friendly Phindians atop a building on the chaotic planet of Phindar. It was their first

14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    An excellent chapter! :D

I can't wait for more of this.

15. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    You actually made me like Anakin! [face_shocked] ;)

Another wonderful addition, LuvEwan! Eagerly awaiting more!

16. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Great post :)

I wonder would anyone notice that Obi-Wan is mixing his fantasies and reality?

Waiting for more

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Just found this wonderful story. Time for more... :)

18. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Excellent story. I like your characterization of Anakin, not as the typical little brat! Obi-Wan seems so hurt, not just physically but emotionally and mentally. Poor Obi!

19. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey LuvEwan!
    Just found this story and it is great!
    I know its been said before but I am amazed...I didnt think anyone could make me LIKE Anakin :)

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
  21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great fic!!

More soon!

22. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    very nice!!! I hope Anakin finds the cure!

23. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    This is great, more soon, please!

24. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
  25. wanna_pierogi

wanna_pierogi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    more.

(oh we of many words) :D