main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crying Blind (Obi-Wan is injured during a mission and is blinded)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TrainerRachel, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainerRachel

TrainerRachel Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2002
    Basically this should be a short fic. Only a few or more posts. But you never what might happen if I get insparated.... I will start this fic as soon as I get some feedback.

I'd just like to say that this is also my first StarWars fic. Though I have wrote a number of other ones to deal with many Japanese Animes. Be nice.

Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan return from a mission and Obi-Wan is in critial condition from a large blow to the head he recieved (trust me, those can be VERY dangerous.) After he wakes up in the Healer's tower, he finds that he is blind. Now he has to learn to live again and deal with the emotions and stresses that come with his new blindness...

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    So start. :D

3. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Sounds good. I'll be checking this out when you start.

Felicia Z.

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I always love Q/O H/C and Obi angst.
    I'm sure I would check it out if you started posting it.

As for feedback,I haven't read any of it yet to give you any.{LOL}

PEACE ewen

5. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Sounds good. and yes, blosw to the head are very dangerous. My friend walked into a tree then bled all over everyone in school. It was kinda funny...

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    helloooo

*echo*

POST!

7. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Post, please... sounds interesting.

8. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *looks around* where'd ya go?! Me and my bleeding friend want this up...now.

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  10. robbin_mcgroin

robbin_mcgroin Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2002
    So, where's the beef--I mean, the story?"

11. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Really, where's the story?

I'm interested, too!

Come on post it

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  13. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    cool idea. post more and I'll tell you more.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Jenny_the_Jedi_girl, I don't mean to be rude, but unless this is your own fic, it really isn't appropriate to advertise your stories.

15. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    You know I would LOVE to read this story (oh no, I've become such a sucker for Obi torture, sign-against-evil) but you HAVE TO POST IT FIRST! Gah!

16. MysticalMagic

MysticalMagic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    Sounds good. however for people to like it you need to actually post...(hint,hint)

Oh and Miana Kenobi.. what Jenny the Jedi Girl is doing is no different to you advertising your story in your signature
    MM

17. kristi-wan

kristi-wan Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2001
    Actually, MM, it *is* different. Because if the story link is in your signature, USUALLY you've actually posted a comment on the story the thread is about. You haven't gone to MANY MANY stories on the board, posted "Check out my story!" and said not a single word about the story whose thread you're posting on.

Frankly, it annoyed me to go to several different stories, thinking they had been updated, only to discover another plea for readers. The plea had the opposite effect on me - I have no plans whatsoever to read those stories now.

kristi-wan

PS - TrainerRachel, this story sounds great and I would LOVE to read it! Please post soon!

18. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    **AHEM**

Okay, i'm going to sidestep the heated little discussion and move right along......

Yes, this looks to be a very good thread TrainerRachel. But it's not very nice to tease us so :)

A teaser is nice when it is immediately followed by the first post. So? Where is it? :D

19. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Please post the story soon. [puppy-dog face]

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Does the phrase Show me the money mean anything to you?

You are wanting feedback and have actually gotten it and we haven't seen one sentence of what promises to be a very good Q/O story.

Just a thought.I hope you actually post soon!!!

PEACE ewen

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    MysticalMagic, I don't want to start a conflict, but, as kristi-wan said, there is a difference. It's one thing to have a link in your signature, whether it be to your fic, someone else's fic, or even your own web page, but going into a story where you are not the author and telling people to read your story is a completely different thing.

Like I said, I don't want to start a fight, but if that is your point of view on the matter, then I respect that, and will gladly drop the subject.

TrainerRachel, hope this didn't scare you off, but we would like a post soon, please?

22. TrainerRachel

Feb 2, 2002
    Hi guys. I'm SOOOOOOO SORRY about making all you wait. I know if I was reading some elses fic, I'd get peeved by now and leave. I do have an excuse though: My kittie got run over. *bigs heart felt sigh* Cat never had any road sense anyways.

I haven't been really in the mood if you guys know what I mean. I thought I'd send out this message to calm a few people out there *is scared for life.* j/k. I'll try to post within a few hours.

Once again, I'm really sorry.

23. TrainerRachel

Feb 2, 2002
    Wow, I got this out in less then a few hours. Yaa! Then again, I did make it a small post.... *ends off muttering*

The normal hush of the Healers Ward was disrupted by sound of two squeaky
    wheeled gurneys and a thunder of feet down the echoic halls. Healers crowded
    around the two transports shouting while running beside the gurney and
    shouting orders to the staff.

?Get the operation rooms ready for Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master
    Qui-Gon Jinn!? Called Healer Heckler. The two gurneys carrying the Jedi split off
    into two separate rooms. The staff followed into their respected room.

Obi-Wan lay on a medical cot surrounded by medical instruments and a
    few doctors. His chest lay bare and as white as the sheets underneath him. His
    stomach was partial covered by a thin baby blue Healer Ward blanket. His breath
    came out in slow steady movements.

Healer Heckler carefully bent down over Obi-Wan?s unconscious body.
    With tiny tools, he carefully cleaned the loose blood off around the brain. The
    blood got there from the dangerous blow the head he had received. Not only
    ripping the flesh and veins along the left temple, but also tearing at the inner
    flesh that protected his sensitive brain. Left alone, the blood with likely cause
    perminate brain damage. That is if there weren?t any already. Not only had the
    strike torn his barriers, but also his skull was cracked, pushing in on his brain in
    vital areas. The skin surrounding the gash was blossoming bruises, decorating
    most of his left side of his head.

Heckler sighed. He had no real clue how the sixteen year old boy had
    gotten the gash. All he found was some residue of dust and shrapnel from rocks.
    He could only guess the boy and fallen and hit his head. Master Jinn hadn?t been
    able to tell him. He had just managed to fly his padawan and him in from a
    mission on a ship to fall unconscious. With the would-have-been dangers of his
    condition (if had not shown up here), how he managed to get that far was a
    mystery. Though not deadly yet, they were plenty painful.

The boy would probably be a mess when he woke up. If he woke up.
    Even if he cleared out all the blood and fixed his skull, the damage was done.
    The odds were there would be something very wrong with the apprentices? mind
    when he woke up. It might not be noticeable right away, but it would show
    itself. Only time could tell...

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: I don?t care if its my fanfic or some else?s. That?s just not
    cool. In a way I kind of find that an insult. Like you don?t care about anything
    else but your own success and you?ll run over other people?s work to do it. I
    suppose I could be wrong. Who and I to judge and act as god? But think about
    this: When someone comes onto your starting fanfic only to post a note to come
    see theirs, how are you going to feel?

_TrainerRachel_

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    YaY! First one to reply to the *actual* story *grins and pokes TrainerRachel in the ribs*

This is great! I love the descriptions! Can't wait to find out what happened to Obi-wan and Qui-gon. Please keep going.

Kit

P.S; Sorry about your cat. :(

P.P.S: I have to agree with the sentiments about posting links to your fics in someone elses thread without their permission (outside of your signature of course). It certainly isn't cool. [face_plain]

25. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Short but very well written. I'm glad you finally started posting this. I can't wait to see where you take it!

Felicia Z.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.