main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Passing From Turmoil (Angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: A Passing in Turmoil
    Author: Sheleigh
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi?s life a year after the death of Qui-Gon Jinn
    Disclaimer: I don?t own them I borrow them temporarily.
    Author?s Notes: Don?t kill please! I really do like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn? though you may not believe me! Feedback always welcome!

?Knowledge.? A sharp slap across the face forced Obi-Wan Kenobi?s head to snap to the side. ?Do you thirst for knowledge, Obi-Wan? Do you crave it, wish for it, would you do anything for it??
    The tall figure circled Obi-Wan where he knelt.
    ?What would you do to be a Jedi? Would you kill for it? Would you die for it??
    For the first time, Obi-Wan moved, bringing his head up to stare defiantly at the man that circled him.
    ?I am Jedi.?
    ?You wish you were Jedi. You do not have the power- the ability to be a Jedi. You are too weak to be Jedi.?
    The man circled him again. ?You wish for power, don?t you Obi-Wan? Power to control.?
    ?No, I do not wish for power. I wish to assist, to help.?
    ?You are foolish then. Follow me, Obi-Wan. ? The man paused, laughing. ?I forgot- you already follow me. You call me Master.?
    ?You are not my Master.? Cold blue eyes stared at Obi-Wan.
    ?But I am- the council has decreed it so. You and I are Master and Padawan. Until your knighting. Until I say you are ready, you follow me. My word is law, Obi-Wan.?
    ?Then I will leave. I will not follow you- nor will I call you Master.?
    Qui-Gon slapped Obi-Wan again. ?You will obey me! I am your Master- and you, Padawan mine, are a slave.?
    A bitter laugh escaped Obi-Wan. ?I am not a slave. And you are not my Master. Qui-Gon Jinn would not hurt me, anymore than he would turn to the darkside.?
    ?Ahh, Padawan, but I am Qui-Gon Jinn. And you will follow me, or you will die.?
    ?Then kill me, for I have no wish to follow you.?
    ?So be it.? Qui-Gon ignited his emerald green lightsaber, bringing it to bear on his Padawan Learner.
    The blade flashed through the air, heading for Obi-Wan?s head, to separate his head from his body. Obi-Wan felt the blade heat against his skin. He closed his eyes, preparing to enter into the Force in peace.
    It never reached it?s target- Obi-Wan Kenobi had opened his eye?s, snapping himself out of the vision he had been trapped in. He looked around the familiar settings- the small room he lived in. His prison- by choice.
    Obi-Wan felt the now familiar tremors start to wrack his body. He fought to control them, but was unable to this time. A white clothed healer rushed in, sticking a hypo in his arm. As his world faded to black, Obi-Wan felt a gentle hand being placed on his forehead, urging him into a dreamless, and painless sleep.
    Yoda stared down at the body of Obi-Wan Kenobi. The scene was quickly becoming familiar- much to the Master?s disgust, and horror. The diminutive Master looked towards the healer, and in his garbled speech, asked for a report. The healer sighed and shook her head.
    ?I don?t understand, Master. Obi-Wan is fine- physically. Mentally however.? Yoda nodded, accepting this report.
    ?All right, it will be, Healer Bant.? For a single instant, disgust flashed in the Mon Calamari?s eyes. Bant bowed towards the Master before turning back to her vigil of her friend and patient.
    Obi-Wan didn?t exactly dream. It was more like a meditation only he felt no peace.
    His thoughts centered, predictably, around his Master. His former Master. The one he loved to no end, but hated for the pain he had put him through. Qui-Gon Jinn had lived the life of a perfect Jedi- and his Padawan had followed obediently.
    It had been a year since his Master had died. Now he was a Master, with a Padawan to train. Only he couldn?t train the child, because he had no control over his abilities. After killing the Sith on Naboo, Obi-Wan had went to his Master, and held him, promising to train the child- Qui-Gon?s chosen one.
    Now Obi-Wan dealt with the after effects of having a bond so precious silenced, and torn in a moment. The shock had rattled him

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    You....killed....OBI!!!!

*bursts into hysterics*

It was a great story though!!

3. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Arwem Jade- glad you liked it. Here's a tissue.

*sighs* Note to self- don't post in the middle of the night. Here atleast.

Okay- up you go!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *takes offered tissues*
    *blows nose*

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Good... good. :)

I like the way you think. :D ;)

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very sad, but good

7. CharismaticMaiden

CharismaticMaiden Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Oh man, this was so sad. You went dash happy again though! You should have let me put in the correct commas hehe. Let me find where you use dashes at sometime, eh? You sure do like starting everything with dreams and visions. I liked the way you described Qui-Gon's darker, uncaring side. haha, did you do the "padawan as slave" just for me? *lmao* Very good!

Up!!!

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Good start, sheleigh :)

Why do I think that there is still more to come for Obi though?
    There is no death, there is the force

Will Obi get the answer to his questions from the source? And will he return better equiped to deal with his life? I hope so.

Looking forward to more soon :D

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Death!!!! Do you and Swede write the death stories just to get under my skin.Ha.Ha

You know I will read'em if Obi's in the story and no romance.

What can I say,beautiful story,but I have learned to keep a box of tissues on the computer desk,just for a story like yours or Swede's

PEACE ewen

11. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    O.O Obi NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*takes big breath* Why Sheleigh, why?

Oh well *shrugs* it was great Obi/Angst *licks lips* and you know me I love Obi/Angst! ^_^ It was a great one shot.

UP!

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    No one likes my storys (crys)

but i love this one

13. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Ah... ah... ah... *stares*

Well, that certainly ruined my cheerful mood. My poor Obi! Sheleigh, all of your stories are phenomenal! (even if this one WAS a tad depressing... *cries*) Wonderful job, as usual! :D

14. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    *jaw drops* oh wow. I never imagined this little piece would take off like this...

Arwen_Jade- *offers a box* just to be safe! :D

TheFallen- Why thank you! Most people are scared of my thinking... ;)

Padawan Kitara- Thanks :)

CharismaticMaiden- if it isn't my trusty beta... with wonderful advice such as "Too many dashes" ^_~ Glad to see you finally registered for the JC forums. I do have a habit of starting things with visions... hmm.. As for the slave bit... uhm, subconciously I might have written that for you.. otherwise... It flowed well. ;) :D

Shanobi- Glad you liked it! Obi isn't coming back... he's dead. Gone... One with the Force. Yes, there will most likely be a sequel. Darn plot bunnies. ;)

Ewen- I assure you, it wasn't intentional. Well, I always have a box of tissues handy next to my desk too. Too many depressing stories.. and I tend to lose it. :D ;)

Ganki- Good impression of Obi at the end of TPM ;) Why- Would you believe it if I said the plot bunnies were speaking to me? Glad you enjoyed it! ^_^

Jenny- Thank you! I'm sure your story will get some feedback. :)

Draigon_Myth *waves hand infront of Draigon's face* you there? ;)
    [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it.

Whoo- thanks for all your wonderful feedback. :) :D

15. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    One up and away we go. heh heh.

16. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Upping! More people deserve to read this story, it's too good to go unnoticed! :D

17. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    There you go again being all EVIL on me.

Now when you told me that you had killed him...I thought it was in the fianl duel with Vader or something like that..

But NO..you had to go and kill him like this...How rude...

THATS IT!! No more TD- for you...I won't write anymore...

**Good job, BTW**

:)

18. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi can't die! :(

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!

I can't believe I failed to read this :eek: And the angst!

:_|

*walks away sobbing with a tissue*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.