main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes in the Force***Finshed*** (8/15) Authors Note Sequel to Instrument of the Force.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sameri, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sameri

Sameri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Hi everyone! This is a sequal to my story 'Instrument of the Force. It might help you to read that first.

Okay Just a quick refresher:
    It's 10 years after Instrument. So Obi-wan is 25. He has Force Visions. he is very strong in the Unifying Force. And He is techinicaly still Qui-gon's padawan but had been working with Mace and Yoda. Kay? We all set? Good. cause here comes the story!

2. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Obi-wan stopped his exercises at the sound of his com ringing. It wasn't chirp of a normal call, it was the distinctive tone of official council business. He sighed. He had been requested more and more frequently to sit in on council sessions since it was discovered 5 years ago that he was the seer. He stood and answered. He was fully prepared to refuse, as he had numerous times before. There were times that he though the only reason he was not ordered was because Mace and Yoda had all but ordered them to respect his wishes. And while they still called he could always refuse. And in fact he did more often then not. The only times he agreed was when the force told him he was needed.

He picked up the still ringing com. "Yes?" He said. "Need you we will in the council chambers in one hour." Was the immediate response. Obi-wan's eye brows rose. Yoda very rarely called him in. And every time he did it had been for a good reason. He spoke then. "Well what do you need me for?" "Testing a child we are. Very strong in the force. Too old to be trained possibly. Need your insight we will." Obi-wan let the force flow through him. "I will be there. I need to shower and change first. Will I be in my normal spot?" "No in a chair you will be. Between Mace and myself." Obi-wan was startled. Usually he just stood in one of the alcoves and watched. He was very rarely pulled into the actually session. "If you say so Master Yoda I will be there in 45 minutes." He then clicked off the com and went to shower. After a quick shower he changed into his robes. He deliberately chose his nicest and most formal robes. Something told him that they would be needed.

As he walked down the hallway he was aware of the stares he received. He winced internally. He was much more comfortable being anonymous. But 5 years after he moved into his new quarters he had received a vision. He felt that he had to tell the council, and the force had backed him up. He had interrupted a council session to bring them the vision. It was only after Mace and Yoda fought long and hard for him was he able to leave the chambers. He learned later that they had continued to argue for hours after words until they had reached the agreement now in place. But not long after the council knew, all the temple knew. Though No one but Mace or Yoda had any idea exactly how many visions he was subjected to.

The doors of the council chamber swung open before him. He slowly walked across the mosaic floor to the seat Yoda had told him of. Settling himself down he turned to wait for the rest of the council to arrive.
    And that Ladies and Gentelmen was chapeter One of my new story! So what did you think?

Meri

3. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    The sequel already?!

Yay! Wohoooo!

(OK, I'm alright) Great work, Sameri, looking forward to the next part!

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Thanks for getting the first chapter up so quickly. Is this child to be tested who I think it is??

5. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey this has pretty much nothing to do with the story. How do I set up a link in my profile with the story title as the link? I've been looking all over the help and FAQ's and I havent seen how to do so anywhere.
    Help?

Meri

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Great start to the sequel

To put your story on your profile just enter {link=(paste link here)} STORY TITLE {/link} But instead of {} use []

You can also put your story on your signature, just by pasting the link in. Hope that helps

Looking forward to more!

CK

EDIT: Also, you wouldn't actually put the () around the pasted link, that was just my way of telling you what to put there ;)

7. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Thanks CK! nd now I'm off to edit my profile and play with chapter 2!

Till Later!

Meri

Edit: It worked! Yipee! The whole long addy written out bugged me. Thanks again CK!

8. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    A new part! :D :) :D I'm definitely in ;)

I've got the same idea as PadawanKitara about who this child to be tested is.

I'm anticipating what will be Qui's and Obi's reactions at seeing each other again like ;) [face_mischief] They will see each other in the Council chambers, right?

9. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Woo! :D I'm so glad the sequel started so early. The story so sad on one hand, but I can't wait to see what happens in this story. Lead on, kind author! :)

10. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    (Gasps) Wow, this one promises to be every bit as good as the first one! Can't wait for more posts!

11. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh Yeah!!!! :D
    The sequel!!! :)

12. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Welll what a day. Work(dull)and a friend who si royaly ticking me off just kinda got in the way. But for all you lucky people reading here comes chapter 2!
    Anakin stood in the middle of the chambers and looked at all of the people around him. Most of them didn't really bother him but for a group of three that had yet to ask questions. The green one that had been introduced as Yoda, the dark man that was Master Windu, and third who had not been introduce. He was the only one in the room with his hood up. Anakin just couldn't figure out why. And he had noticed that all of the members had looked at the cloaked figure after he answered what must have been a really hard question.

He jerked back to the present. Master Windu was asking him to say what he saw on a scree. He spoke what flashed through his mind. " A bantha. A hyper drive. A proton blaster." He almost had a hard time keeping up. "A Republic cruiser. A Rodian cup. A Hutt speeder." Master Windu put down the screen. Yoda spoke up then. "Good, good young one." He said. "How feel you?" Anakin could almost feel the intensity of his gaze on him. "Cold, sir." He confessed and suppressed a shiver. Yoda continued. "Afraid are you?" Anakin shook his head. "No, sir." Mace sat forward. "Afraid to give up your life?" Anakin answered hesitantly. "I don't think so." but that answer felt wrong..somehow.

"See through you we can. Be mindful of your feelings you should be." Yoda proclaimed. Anakin was confused by that. He thought Jedi had no feelings. Master Windu leaned back. "You think of your mother.' Anakin looked at the dark master. "I miss her." It looked like the master would have like to continue that line of questioning but a motion from the hooded figure stopped him. He looked for a long moment at the hooded Jedi. But he did as he was bade. The examination started again, but once again Master Windu and Yoda were silent. And the hooded figure just watched.

Hours later he was standing next to Qui-gon waiting for the doors to open. "Why are we waiting out here?" He asked. Qui-gon looked down at the boy. "The will let us in soon. The are deciding how to handle my request.' Anikan looked puzzled. "What request?" He smiled fondly down at the boy. "That you be trained as a Jedi." Anakin looked happy at that. "Really? Do you think they will?" Qui-gon ruffled the boys hair. "Yes I believe that they will. The force wills it." Anakin suddenly stopped moving. He mumbled. "I don't wanna go back in. All thirteen of them were scary." Qui-gon looked at the boy. "Anakin, there are only twelve members of the council." Anakin looked up stubbornly. "Well there were thirteen of them in there. And one of them was really creepy. He kept his hood up the whole time and never spoke once." As Qui-gon was trying to figure out how to respond to that, the massive doors swung open. He pushed the though back, It could be dealt with after the council session. "Come on Anakin. They are ready for us." and the two of them walked into the massive room.

I hate People! They are so annoying sometimes! (well not you guys! I love my readers!) I just want to smack several of my friends. But that's good for you. I take out my frustrations by writting. (Qui-gon better hope I get happy soon ;) )

Off that topic you all are gonna love chapter 3!

:D
    Meri

EDIT: sorry obout misspelling Anikan. This is what happens when you write at one in the morning. [face_blush]

13. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    oohh good post!!!

Obi almost seemed creepy [face_shocked]

EDIT: And you are very welcome Meri :) Glad to help.

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek: An advantage to being up early! First dibs on replying to awesome chapters. ;) The only qualm I have is that it's spelt "Anakin", but other than that - WRITE ON, MY FRIEND!

I'm helplessly seduced by your fic... ;)

15. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    Awesome, Sameri! I can't wait to see how Qui is going to react when he realizes who the mysterious 13th person is!

16. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Can't wait!

Post soon, please :)

17. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow, this is shaping up to be so amazing Meri!

18. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey all. Shameless self upping. [face_love]

New chapter out later tonight. I have it pretty much written I just need to go an do a little bit more editing.

Meri

19. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    As they stood in the middle of the room. Qui-gon was suddenly unaccountably nervous. But he waited for the council to speak in silence and with an outward facade of calm. He looked around the room trying to find the thirteenth figure Anakin had spoken of. He surveyed the council chamber and noticed that the observers chair was still in place between Mace and Yoda. He was rather surprised at that. He could not remember a time in recent years that the council had felt the need to use and observer. They very rarely took advice from anyone. But an observer was only called in when the council felt that the person would have insights that they did not. **Perhaps it was one of the creche masters...or an instructor. That would make sense. After all they are testing a child.** An observer would also answer the question as to why the hood was up. The observer traditional kept the hood up so that any reactions they had would not be easily seen. That way they could not affect the normal procedings.

Qui-gon was jolted out of his musings as Yoda spoke up. "Decided we have. Trained the boy will be." Qui-gon's heart soared. And he spoke up. "In that case I would like to take Anakin Skywalker as my Padawan Learner." He was expecting instant gratification. The actual reply was like a slap in the face. "Padawan you already have. Whether you acknowledge him or not. Two Padawan's you cannot have. Against the Code it is." And before Qui-gon could even think to refute that Mace continued.

"Skywalker will be trained as an initiate for a period of one year. He will remain in your care, and under your supervision. After that year we will discuss his becoming a padawan." Qui-gon broke in. "But you just said..." Mace gave him a hard look. "Your Padawan's trials are set for a month away. After that you will be free to take a new Padawan Learner. And Skywalker will be receiving some specialized tutoring from certain instructors in the temple. A schedule has been sent to your com unit in your rooms. This meeting is over." Qui-gon took the not so subtle hint and left the chambers.

The walked back to Qui-gon's rooms slowly. Anakin could feel something was wrong with Qui-gon but couldn't tell what. But he was worried. Something about what the council said was bothering his master. He just couldn't figure out exactly what it was. Anakin was also very confused. **The council had said his Qui-gon already had pada...thing. But if he did, why was Qui-gon alone? And why hadn't anyone come to meet him when he returned to the temple? If he had Qui-gon as a master he would be by his side all the time.** Anakin wanted to voice these thoughts to Qui-gon. But he was lost in though and didn't seem to even take notice of the young boy walking behind him.

Qui-gon's' mind was swirling. ?Two Padawan's you can not have' **Obi-wan..** Qui-gon had managed to push Obi-wan almost completely out of his thoughts since he found Anakin on Tattooine. He was grateful he would be able to train him. **Obi-wan will be a knight soon and then I...** It hit him suddenly. Obi-wan was going to be Knighted! How had he let the rift between them grow so far? He hadn't even seen Obi-wan since that night ten years ago. Qui-gon had either been on a mission or Obi-wan had. They very soon entered Qui-gon's quarters. The same quarters he had once shared with Obi-wan. Qui-gon looked up startled. Even after all this time he missed the Jinn/Kenobi sign of the placard. He keyed open the door and walked in. **I don't even know where he lives...** He thought sorrowfully. But upon fully entering the quarters he saw the message beacon flashing. Qui-gon quickly sat down at the com unit and looked at the schedule. He was glancing through it when one line popped out at him. Generalized Force Control---Obi-wan Kenobi.

So did you like? I don't think I want Qui-gon and Anakin to figure out it was Obi-wan in the council chambers just yet. That could be a very fun revelation later on. [face_devil]

Okay, chapter 4 may be out later tonight. It dep

20. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    I like! I like! Obi-Wan, Anakin's teacher, that is an interesting little development, Sameri! I love it!! Post soon!

(BTW, "Episode III..." is updated!)

21. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow, so does that mean Obi-Wan has seen a future where Anakin doesn't turn? And perhaps he is going to suggest they go free Shmi as well, considering how he blocked off the questions about Ani's mom? And Obi-Wan helping to teach Ani, is that so that he can keep an eye on him, or because Ani will have the same ability he does?

Oooh, suffice to say CK is intrigued :)

Post 4 tonight, pretty pwease with a cherry on top [face_silly}

22. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Anakin was nervous. He had spent the whole day going to different tutoring sessions. None of them had been really hard. But for some reason he was nervous about this one. He was walking with Qui-gon down the hallway to meet his tutor in generalized force control. Anakin didn't really understand what that meant but he realized it was important. It was the only session that he had everyday. Unlike his other sessions they were not in the educational section of the temple. They were in the residential area. Anakin looked around. There didn't seem to be as many people here as there were in the area where Qui-gon's rooms were. He wondered why?

Qui-gon was nervous. He was taking Anakin, the boy he wanted to take as his padawan, to a training session with his current and estranged padawan. Add to that the fact that said estranged padawan was also going to be tutoring the boy in generalized force control, he felt he was lucky that he wasn't broadcasting to the whole temple. He couldn't for the life of him figure out why the council would choose Obi-wan to do this training. It was the most important part of training. Generalized force control was usually taught by the most powerful Jedi in the temple, Master Yoda. He wanted to continue pondering this but they were now in the corridor where Obi-wan lived and he needed to be looking for the correct door. As they walked down the hallway he realized that Obi-wan lived in the small knights quarters between Yoda and Mace. It was startling to realize his padawan was obviously well loved by the two masters.

Qui-gon and Anakin soon arrived at the door with the name plate ?Kenobi' out side it. Qui-gon hesitantly rang the door chime. A muffled "Come in, it's un locked" came through the door. With some trepidation Qui-gon hit the switch. The door slid open and Qui-gon got his first view of where is padawan had been living. It was not a very large set of quarters but since it was just Obi-wan that was okay. There was a sofa in the living area. With a large blanket tossed over the back and bright pillows were thrown everywhere. There was a coffee table by the sofa full of light readers and some sketch pads. The was an arm chair facing the sofa and what appeared to be a very large ottoman on the other side still facing the sofa. There were artwork and mementoes spread throughout the room.

As Qui-gon took all this in Obi-wan called from the small kitchen area off to the side. He spoke up. "Come on in. Sit down. There is really no need to stand in the doorway." Qui-gon realized with a start that they had been standing in the door way and staring. He walked in and settled himself and Anakin down on the sofa. And just as he got comfortable Obi-wan walked in carrying a tray of snacks. Qui-gon got his first look at his apprentice in 10 years. It was a startling difference.

The Obi-wan that Qui-gon remembered was a 15 year old boy. He was looking at a 25 year old man. Obi-wan had grown While he wasn't extraordinarily tall neither was he as small as he had been 10 years before. He had much broader shoulders and he was mor muscular. And his face! All the childhood baby fat had melted away revealing the aristocratic bone structure beneath. The padawan braid trailed nearly to his waist and he had the senior padawan's tail in back. He couldn't believe this handsome and capable looking young man was the same padawan that had eaten dinner with him so many years before.

Obi-wan settled himself in to the arm chair. "Well I'm sure you must have some questions. Both of you. Feel free to ask. Today's session is just going to be getting a handle on where things are going" And with that said Obi-wan settled back into the chair and waited for the barrage of questions to begin.
    There done! Whoo! another chapter out of the way. And CK I hadn't thought about bring in Shmi, but I kinda like that so maybe I'll find a way to work that in in a future chapter.

::Meri runs off to check he outline::

Hey it could work... :D

Meri

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I guess Obi-wan has had plenty of time to prepare for this meeting, but he sure seems to be taking it rather well. I too wonder if Obi-Wan saw a different future for Anakin. Or, did he convince the council that there were sith waiting in the wings to grab the boy if the jedi rejected him? So many questions.....

24. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Well, Obi-wan has had quite a bit of time to prepair for this meeting. (10 years) and I know he seems too calm but some of that is that he is putting on a facade. Having Obi-wan break down in front of anakin wouldn't realy do much good in the long run. Expect a BIG confrontation between Obi-wan and Qui-gon in future chapters. Obi-wan is hiding and Qui-gon is frankly still processing the idea of Obi-wan grown up. Don't worry. The calm won't last
    as for what Obi-wan has seen, you'll just have to wait and find out.

[face_devil]

Meri

25. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey just so you know there will be a new chapter out tonight. But it's probably going to be really late. I have other things I need to deal with first.

Meri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.