main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Me" - an Obi angst about Qui-Gons death, years later. AU Obi/Sabe, A/A LookingForAnotherCo-Auth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Asha, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asha

Asha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    I have decided to make something of this, but in doing so I may later change the name. It is now an AU story, revolving around Obi-Wan possibly going to the dark side. This is the prologue.

This is just a short little thing I came up with in my spare time, and decided to put into words. I hope you like it, but it's nothing special.

?NOT ME?

He could still remember how it happened, as clearly as if it was happening now. The picture was as crisp and fresh as an early autumn morning. Everything was so vivid to him, he could see it all playing over and over and over in his head.

And he wanted it to stop.

It was roughly ten years later, and this pain, anger, even?hate, was still fresh on his mind. He couldn?t get it out. He had tried everything, meditating, relaxing, working, speaking with the Jedi Council, and even seeing a Jedi mind healer. Yet none of it had helped. His feelings were yet unchanged.

And he blamed it all on the Council. It was all their fault! It they hadn?t sent Qui-Gon and himself to negotiate with the Trade Federation ten years previous, none of this would have happened?

?Master!? He cried in a whisper as he pulled Qui-Gon Jinn?s head into his lap.

Qui-Gon?s eyes fluttered open, and met Obi-Wan?s. ?It?s too late, my young Padawan.? He told the boy hoarsely.

?NO!? Obi-Wan yelled in defiance.

?Obi-Wan, promise me you will train the boy.? Qui-Gon managed to say through the pain that was overtaking his body.

A flicker of anger washed through Obi-Wan?s body, though he knew not why. ?Yes, Master.? He promised without thinking.

?He is the Chosen One, Obi-Wan. He will bring balance to the Force. Train him well.?

Those were his last words, before his body fell limp, and all life drained out of him. Not ?Goodbye.? Not ?I will always be with you, my young Padawan Learner.? Not even, ?may the Force be with you.? They had been on that boy. The Chosen One. The one who would bring balance to the Force.

?I HATE HIM!? Obi-Wan roared, breaking his meditation.

Luckily, he was alone. His Padwan was at his classes, and he was in his room. No one heard him. And it was better that they didn?t. Jedi weren?t allowed to hate, and Obi-Wan would never admit this emotion to anyone.

When his Master had lay, dying, in his arms, after he had defeated the Sith Lord that had run Qui-Gon through, all the elder could talk about was that boy. After all of the years they had had together. After all of the things he and Qui-Gon had gone through, it was a nine year old boy who evaded his last thoughts. And it wasn?t fair!

Did he despise the boy because of it? Oh yes. He hated Anakin Skywalker with the deepest desperation he possessed.

Obi-Wan began to cry. Slowly at first, then the tears began to stream heavily from his eyes. He fell to his knees, and they rushed down his face, rolling off his cheeks, hitting the ground.

?Oh Master.? He sobbed. ?Why not me??

--------------------------------------------
    Edit(s): Just changing the title

2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow! This is really good... but... so sad. :(
    Is/ When's more coming?

3. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    ?Oh Master.? He sobbed. ?Why not me??

Wow... um.... wow

: CK takes a deep breath and tries again:

I normally don't like to think of what happened between TPM and AotC that would have made Obi-Wan so cold that Anakin could not like him ('cause we all know it would have taken a lot for anyone to not like our Obi-Wan). But this could/would/does explain it.

So short, yet so powerful.

Good job,

CK

4. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    awww! :_|
    that's so sad! My poor Obi!

5. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Wow! I'm so glad you guys liked it! 3 posts since I put it up! I'm amazed! At first, I wasn't thinking about adding more, but I might. If I do it will probably not be for a while. Thanks for your support!

6. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    Don't think about, write more...*puts on cute face...if there is such a thing for MCK* please??? Tis so good...i need more...

7. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    lol...all right, all right. ::caves:: I'll write more after I've written chapter seven to my other story. Mmm kay? That one was written pretty quickly, and if I'm lucky I'll have time to write more. The problem is, what more is there to write? You know? I was thinking maybe a confrontation with Qui-Gon? Who knows...not I said the goose. Ignore me I'm feeling silly. Umm, I'm probably not going to be on line a lot this weekend, so if I do post, don't expect it for a while. See, I've got work tomorrow, and then I wont be home until God knows when. Sorry. But I'll try, kaykay?

8. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Despite all of that, Anakin still thinks of Obi-Wan as being "..as wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu". As well, he says that he looks at Obi-Wan as the closest person to a father he'll ever know.

9. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    well, I put "Not Me" up on FanFiction.net, and I liked the responces so well, that I've decided that, yes, I am going to add more. But the only way I can continue it would be to make it an AU, dark-Obi story. I hope that's all right with you!

10. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Sounds good to me. :)

11. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Oh, and I'm going to have Sabé in it, for all you Obi/Sabé fans! [face_love]

12. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    That was... Whoa! :) It was cool!
    You're a good writer!
    God bless!
    <3-Moose

13. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    ?Master?? Anakin Skywalker asked as he walked out of his room, rubbing his eyes.

He was still tired, as it was only 300 hours, as was told by the chrono on the wall. He wasn?t used to waking until 700, at least. His Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, had rushed into his room, half of one standard hour earlier, and informed him that they would be departing on a mission, immediately. So, he had grumbled, gotten out of bed, and packed the few things he would need into a travel bag.

?Yes Anakin?? Obi-Wan called cheerfully from his own room.

Anakin wondered how anyone, let alone Obi-Wan, could be cheerful at this hour of the morning. He walked through the main room, to stop in the doorway of his Master?s room. Obi-Wan was packing his things into his bag.

?Master, where are we going, and why in the name of the Sith is it so early?? Anakin asked.

?Anakin, do not swear, and the Jedi council called me to tell me that we have been assigned to a mission.? Obi-Wan responded.

?What, don?t they sleep either?? Anakin grumbled. Obi-Wan glared at him. ?And you didn?t answer my question. What, exactly, is our mission??

?An assassination attempt was made on the life of Queen Amidala, of the Naboo. We are going there to protect her.? Obi-Wan informed his Padawan.

Anakin groaned. Of all missions, it had to be one with Padmé in it. And of course, they had to get it. And then he thought for a second. Assassination attempt? That didn?t sound right!

?Master? Why would anyone try to kill Padmé?? Anakin questioned.

Obi-Wan shot a disapproving look in Anakin?s direction, at the referral to Queen Amidala as ?Padmé.?

?As a matter of fact, Queen Amidala had been a very important part in the Anti-Slavery Reinforcement Act, in the Outer Rim. Some people, such as the Hutts, are not below assassinating. You, of all people, should know this.

?The first attempt was made during one of her public speaking on Naboo. A second was made while she was sleeping. The palace security has reason to believe that another will be made, and soon. That is why we depart immediately.? Obi-Wan told Anakin.

?Master, please tell me this mission doesn?t require for us to go to any formal banquets.? Anakin pleaded.

?Anakin, this mission does not require us to attend any formal banquets.? Anakin sighed in relief. ?However, it does require us to attend a royal ball.?

Anakin groaned.

?You will learn that such things are necessary, my young Padawan. Now, get your things. We?re leaving.?

Anakin grumbled some more, and went and got his things. The two Jedi then left for the main hanger. From there, they took a ship, and left for Naboo.

Edit: OMG I was just going through all of my posts and I realized that this one wasn't complete! I was shocked, and extremely disapointed in myself! Please forgive me!

14. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Oooh... Shaping up to be really good. ;)

15. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    Very nice...i'm not too keen on Obi/Sabe fics but let's see if you can change my mind ;) But I would like to see a confrontation between Obi and QUi. COuld be interesting, to say the least

16. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Good start Asha

You caught my attention with the reference to Obi/Sabe mush [face_love] and so I hope that the future posts will include my favorite couple [face_blush]

UPPERS 8-}

17. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

:p You just gotta love that Obi/Sabé romance ;) Hope it arrives soon.

18. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ohh... I've read some Obi/Sabe romances (not a big fan of romance period) but this has definitely caught my attention...

Wonderful, Asha. It has angst- I'm here... ;)

hope to see more soon! :)

19. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    wow great fic.

Can't wait for more

20. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    ::beams:: thank you guys so much! I really apreciate your feed back! Look for another post sometime this week (hopefully!) Thanks again!

21. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    All right, I promised, and here it is! Short, and hopefully sweet. More this weekend, and that's a promise!

~Asha

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

?I know that you?re concerned about me, but Sabé, I don?t understand why you would call the Jedi!? Queen Padmé Amidala complained, as her handmaidens helped her dress.

?Padmé, I know that you don?t take the situation as serious, but the rest of us do!? Sabé replied, gesturing to the other handmaidens, and herself.

Of all the handmaidens who had protected the Queen, ten years previous, during the Blockade, Sabé was the only one who remained. The new handmaidens had been hired for the Queen, five years later. They had been hand chosen by Sabé herself, who was now the Queen?s Chief of Security.

?Your Highness, we are all concerned about you.? Dormé informed the Queen, as she tied ribbons and jewels into Padmé?s hair. Dormé was in charge of makeup, hair and wardrobe for the Queen and handmaidens.

?And I appreciate your concern, but you all know how I feel about added security. And the Jedi? Really, Sabé. You of all people should know how I feel about that.? Amidala insisted.

?We do know, Your Highness, but added security is essential.? Cordé, who had taken Sabé?s place as decoy, when she had been hired, insisted

?And anyways, Padmé, it?s too late now. The Jedi are on their way.? Sabé reminded her. Sabé was the only one who called the Queen by her first name.

Amidala sighed. ?I suppose you?re right. But, still??

?Hold still, Your Highness. I?m having trouble painting your lip.? Complained Tahlmé.

Amidala tried to mumble an ?I?m sorry? but was cut off by Elisé, when the girl tightened the bodice of the dress they were working on. Finally, after one standard hour, and a half, they were done, just in time for the last handmaiden, Madaé, to rush in.

?Your Highness, the Jedi are here!? She exclaimed.

?Thank you Madaé.?

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padawan Anakin Skywalker stood in the chief of security?s office, waiting for that person, and the Queen. They had just arrived on Naboo, and had been ushered into this room. It was a quite large, and airy room, with a large balcony looking out at the East side of Naboo. It was early, and so the Jedi were treated to a beautiful view of a Naboo sun rise. It was gorgeous, in shades of yellow, gold and orange.

Not long after, the door swung open, and someone walked in. The two Jedi turned around, to face the Queen and her handmaidens. One handmaiden was at the front of the pack, and dressed differently than the others. Obi-Wan assumed that this was the Chief of Security. Then he looked at her face. And all the color drained from his own.

22. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh great post! Delicious! Keep 'em coming!

23. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_love]

Ahh, I think Obi recognized Sabe [face_love]

Good post Asha

Can't wait to see what Sabe's reaction is to seeing Obi-Wan.

Also, Padme's and Anakin's reactions will be nice to see too :)

Hope we get to hear more about these new handmaidens :D

24. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    *LOL at Obi*

oh sorry just thought that was funny for some reason.

Great post. The Queen has new handmaidens. Wow.

can't wait for more.

25. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Very good start here! I can hardly wait to see where you go with this. :) More, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.