main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Illusions of Power (Drama/Angst, major AU) UPDATED 8/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: Illusions of Power
    Author: Sheleigh
    Disclaimer: Not mine, I simply borrow them. They belong to George Lucas and company. Not me. Don?t sue?
    Summary: The power of the Jedi fades- as the course of the galaxy changes- controlled by Master and Apprentice- of the shadows.

Sidious looked down on his apprentice, before reaching down and gently resting his hand on the young man?s head. ?You failed.?
    ?Yes, My Master.? The hand resting on the head curled in the apprentice?s long hair, before yanking him roughly to his feet.
    ?The Jedi escaped. I told you to kill him. Failure isn?t accepted. Failure is the cause of punishment.? Sidious watched as his apprentice bowed his head contritely. Lightning suddenly lit the darkened room where Master and Apprentice stood. Moments later, the Sith Lord left. Behind on the ground lay the crumpled form of his apprentice- Obi-Wan Kenobi.

?Master, his vital signs are failing, and his Force presence is rapidly disappearing. He won?t hold much longer.?
    Master Healer Azariah grabbed another healer from behind him, directing their attention towards the bloodied body of Qui-Gon Jinn. ?Make sure his vitals stay up.? The healer nodded, watching as Azariah dropped to the floor, falling into a deep meditative trance.
    Azariah navigated the Jedi Master?s broken mind easily; find his failing presence and grasping it firmly. He pulled himself and Qui-Gon Jinn from the abyss of death forming in the man?s mind. The healer broke the trance abruptly, and stood, rushing back into the fray- to save the life of Qui-Gon Jinn.
    The Jedi Master was brought to a private recovery room, where inside waited his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. The young Padawan learner moved quickly to his Master?s side, blanching at the sight of the wounds that littered the Master?s body. He glanced worriedly at the Master Healer.
    ?Master, is he going to be alright?? The Master healer smiled kindly at the fourteen year old apprentice, sending soft waves of reassuarance to the distraught Padawan.
    ?Yes, young Anakin, he will be fine. The injuries were serious, and for a brief time we thought we may loose him. But, Master Jinn has an incredibly strong spirit- and won?t abandon those he loves. Now- I suggest you get some rest.?
    ?But Master-? The healer sighed.
    ?I know you will not leave his side, young Anakin, so I?m going to have a bed brought here, I will not have you sleeping in those horrible chairs the council insists upon having in here. But,? the healer broke off, a stern expression silencing the young apprentices attempt at talking over the healer. ?but, you will go to the refectory and get something to eat. I do not want to see you in here for at least a half hour- do you understand me??
    A slight smile lit Anakin?s face at the elder healer?s humor.
    ?Yes, Master.?
    ?Good- now go on, young one- I have other patients to attend to.? Anakin scampered out, heading to eat; so he could once again be back at his Master?s side.

Obi-Wan sat, brooding, allowing his anger to ricochet inside him, until it built into a burning rage. He stood, grabbed his double bladed lightsaber, and furiously spun it, using the Force to move faster than the eye. As he worked, he imagined every false blow being that of the Jedi Master he had been sent to kill.
    A scream of pure rage escaped his lips, and he moved faster, the blade becoming nothing more than a blur in his hands. Blue eyes flashed with anger, as he recalled the battle- the only battle- he had lost.
    His attack had been perfect- stunning. The Jedi Master he had been sent to kill- not the first one to die by his hands?- shouldn?t have had time to react. Instead, the Master turned, and using his emerald green lightsaber, had burnt a hole into his thick black tunic.
    Obi-Wan didn?t flinch at the blow, as pain was considered weakness, or so his Master taught him. Instead, he used the Master?s distraction to land a firm blow with his own ruby colored lightsaber.
    The Master stumbled backwards, clutching his ble

2. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    once again, you've got my interest. Can't wait for a new chapter. Post soon!
    MCK

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OMG is this Dark Obi week or something?

More!

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very interesting start

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Okay, I like.

*Waves hand* You will post. 8-}

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    HEY! Have you got a thing about a dark Obi? I just got caught up on your other story with the dark Obi. Honestly, I don't like him dark. But I'll keep up hope that maybe he'll turn. If he doesn't... then I'll be upset. Keep that in mind, sheleigh . And post again soon! :)

7. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    MCK- more? I'll try... :)

Arwen_Jade- dark Obi week... no not really, sorry... hehe.

PadawanKitara- thanks :)

obaona- *stares blankly at Obaona* I will post... as soon as I get it written ;)

Cascadia- actually, I find a dark Obi-Wan intruiging, but that's just me. But I prefer him on the lightside, personally.
    Blame it on the plot bunnies- I promise you that both won't end on a horribly depressing note though. Maybe one, maybe neither.

Rather than post another one:

Shanobi- yeah, I'll clean it up, thanks for pointing that out. As for the having a thing for the dark Obi-Wan? See above- heh. Thanks for the warning on being careful with a dark Obi. I'll keep it in mind. :)

Thanks for the feedback! :)

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Whoa! Got a thing for dark Obi, sheleigh? Fine by me :)

You have to be careful with a dark Obi though. I'm sure you'll do him justice.

Can't wait to see how this all unfolds and what Obi's past is here. Did Qui know him and not take him as a padawan? Oh, it's all Qui's fault then, lol :) I'm projecting. I'll stop. I'll patiently wait for your next post.

One more thing. The post was kind of hard to read. Could you possibly break it up a little? Please?

9. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I hope my post up there didn't come across as harsh. :) I didn't mean it that way. And I don't blame you for running with the plot bunnies. I don't mind seeing Obi struggle, but I just don't like an ending where he stays dark. Just too depressing for me, I guess. But, good job so far. You have a lot of talent for writing on-the-edge excitement.

10. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Cascadia that wasn't harsh in the least! I love to get feedback like that, especially from an author with your talent!

As for the plot bunnies pertaining to this story- they are on break- probably mad at me for not feeding them any carrots. 8-}

And I hate to write truly depressing endings... on occasion they come out... but mostly they are happy. :)

Thank you for your comments. [face_blush]

11. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Great start... you definitely have my attention :)

CK

12. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    CK- welcome welcome! Hope you continue to enjoy this! :)

Well- I wonder if I will have anyones attention considering how long it's been since I posted this! [face_laugh]

Anakin Skywalker sighed, watching his Master determinedly struggle to sit up. The young man once again found himself pushing the Master firmly back onto the bed.
    ?Master, you aren?t healed yet! The healers said if you tried moving around too much, you could injure yourself further.? Qui-Gon sent a crystal blue glare in his apprentice?s direction.
    ?Padawan, you can either help me stand, and find me my clothing so we can leave this sith forsaken place, or I walk out of here in healer?s garb!?
    ?Yes, Master.? Shaking his head, Anakin walked over to a small cabinet and pulled open, revealing fresh clothing for the tall Master. ?Here, Master.? Anakin left the room, allowing his Master a moment of peace.
    Immediately Qui-Gon?s expression darkened from the bright, jovial look he had shown his apprentice. He thoughts drifted as he prepared himself, coming to focus on the sith he had fought and nearly lost to. A soft knock at the door interrupted him, and he once again found himself focusing on the present.
    ?Come in, Padawan.?
    ?Yes, Master.? Anakin slipped inside the door, and walked over to his Master. ?Ready to go, Master?? Qui-Gon nodded, and together Master and Apprentice left the healer?s center, much to a group of worried healer?s displeasure.
    ?Master Qui-Gon, in healer?s ward shouldn?t you be??
    ?No, Master. I feel fine.? Mace Windu turned knowing eyes on Qui-Gon.
    ?You must be feeling fine, Qui-Gon. Only you would see it fit to barge into the middle of a private council meeting. But you are here now, so speak.?
    ?Masters, I come before you today to inform you about my attacker.?
    ?The use of the lightsaber he had, Master Qui-Gon. Entered your mind, he did. Strong in the Force he is.?
    ?This is all true, Master. I believe my attacker was a Sith. And an incredibly powerful one at that.? The council broke out in furious whispers.
    ?That is impossible, Master Qui-Gon. The sith have been extinct for a millennia!?
    ?He was well trained in the arts of Jedi, Mace. Further more, he had incredible connection with the Force- and was much stronger than any dark Jedi I have ever met. This man was a sith.?
    A sigh escaped Yoda, and the elder Master climbed warily to his feet.
    ?Afraid this day would come, I was. Know the identity of Qui-Gon?s attacker I do.?
    ?Master Yoda? What do you mean?? Anakin spoke for the first time, startled out of his customary silence. He blushed furiously and looked furtively at the Master.
    ?Known of the Sith, I have. My meditations shown me they have. Known as Obi-Wan Kenobi, his attacker is. Stolen he was from the initiates ward. Powerful he was- powerful he is. The chosen one he is.?
    ?Impossible!? Qui-Gon stepped forward, shaking his head in denial. ?The chosen one is destined to bring balance to the Force. Surely the prophecy referred to the balance of light.?
    ?Refer to it did- but change a prophecy can. Obi-Wan Kenobi, child of the light was he. Child of the dark he is not. Stuck between he is. In rage he and in serenity. Find a balance he must.?
    The council room became tense, silent. It was broken by the rhythmic tapping of Yoda?s gimmer stick. The diminutive Master turned back towards occupants of the chamber.
    ?Dismissed you are, Master Qui-Gon, Padawan Skywalker.?
    Obi-Wan walked through the halls of the senate building, nodding towards fellow assistants. He arrived at the large doors that lead to Chancellor Palpatine?s office. He pushed them open, and after a brief nod to the receptionist, walked into the main chamber. Instinctively, he assessed the area, before quickly entering into a small side room.
    His Master stood, quiet rage seething from him.
    ?My Master.?
    ?Apprentice, what news have you?? Obi-Wan knelt, waiting for his Master to turn towards him.
    ?The Jedi have discovered my identity. Yoda has alerted

13. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Mean, mean Obi! Surely the Jedi will take precautions with a suspected Sith.

14. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Interesting story, sheleigh! Obi-Wan is the Sith and Anakin the nice Padawan ;) . The title choosen one seemes be given only to traitors :D

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

15. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    AHHHHHH! Bad Obi! Stop it!

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You are sooo funny MCK

Will Obi-Wan be brought back to the light???

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Anakin the good Padawan! Yikes that gave me a shiver! ;)

18. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    EVIL- Thats all I am going to say [face_devil]

19. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    I'll do individual replies before the next post- but I figure this has fallen far enough that I can almost feel unashamed to up it once. :)

20. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.