main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Bounty Hunter's Revenge-Obi angst!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  2. toxikhiro

toxikhiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Uh... I think you may have forgotten one small ingredient of a post, that being the actual POST. But I think I WILL read this as soon as it's more than '(no message)'

--Nate

3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Obi - I know brevity is supposed to be the soul of wit - but this is ridiculous. :D !

You post - and I'll read. OK?

CYN

4. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Never posted here but I'm giving it a try! Please be kind! :D The usual disclaimers apply: I don't own none of um!

My name? I know I must have one after all everyone does.It's the drugs I suppose.Oh yes I know all about the drugs!Even now I can feel them burning their way through my veins,and wrapping themselves firmly around my mind.

My world consists of a stark,bare room where I have been chained to the wall for days,weeks,maybe even months.I lost track of time at some point.I can't remember when.

I have had no contact with whoever holds me here.A droid brings me water and of course my shots.I'm kept so heavily drugged I don't even have the strength to fight when the needle is plunged into my neck.

No food,no human contact.Whoever holds me thinks to break my spirit by taking away all outside stimulation.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I desperately crave a gentle touch,a kind word.Someone to hold me and assure me that the pain and confusion will all go away soon.

But all I have are the drugs and the voices in my head. They whisper to me constantly.Mean hurtful things.It's worse when I close my eyes and try to sleep.I've finally outsmarted them though.I no longer sleep willingly so they can't get to me.

The door of my tomb opens and my new best friend slowly rolls toward me.I think he's an R2 unit though why that seems to matter is beyond me.I've given him the name Bant.It seems to stir a peaceful feeling in me but I can't quite grasp why.It's like an itch deep under my skin.

Bant beeps softly as he tips the cup of precious water up to my mouth.It's always so cool on my parched lips and throat,but there's never enough to quench my raging thirst.I don't think I will ever be able to have enough water no matter how long I may live.

As the empty cup is pulled away I hear a low pitiful moan rise up around me.Vaguely I realise that it's coming from my own throat.Bant doesn't comment on my shameful loss of control.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the syringe slowly move toward my neck.Right before it enters my skin I pull away slightly.Bant seems to freeze in surprise for several seconds then beeps almost mournfully.And then the voices start in.

/Good job boy!He's your only friend in the galaxy and now you've hurt him too/
    /He's only trying to help.You need the medicine to get better./
    /Selfish!No wonder no one is looking for you/
    /Ungrateful brat!/

I slap my hands over my ears in a vain attempt to block out their words.But the damage has allready been done.As the tears slide down my dirt streaked cheeks I slowly begin to rock myself back and forth.

" I'm sorry Bant." I sob."Please don't be mad at me.I swear I'll never do it again!"

Bant whistles softly in forgiveness and plunges the cold needle into my exposed vein.As the drugs burn into my bloodstream I allow the darkness to swallow me up one more time.While the voices whisper mockingly.

/ Good boy.Relax.Sleep.We'll be waiting./

5. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sorry! My bad! [face_blush]

6. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh, WOW. OE - you've been holding out on us. That was exquisitely written - and full of the kind of painful introspection that makes a person want to reach out and offer comfort to such a sweet, tortured soul.

Oh - and a lovely way to suggest who it might be that we're listening to, here. Bant, indeed.

Please write more soon.

CYN

7. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow! That was really good, obi_ew . I'm really impressed. Very angsty. I want more now!

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thank you very much Cynical and Cascadia! You don't know how much it means to someone who is very unsure of her writing to have two very talented authors give good reviews.I hope I can keep it up and do Obi-Wan justice! :D

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Well first post didn't go to bad so I'll try again!

Summary:eek:bi-Wan is taken captive by an old enemy but her revenge is to take a form even Qui-Gon can't forsee.

All things Star Wars belong to Lucas and all things Jedi Apprentice belong to Jude Watson.

Coruscant-Jedi Temple

Mace Windu leaned forward in his chair and looked intently at the man before him.

" Qui-Gon we all understand how you are feeling but we can't agree to this."

Qui-Gon Jinn made brief eye contact with the five members of the Council who were currently present.

"I'm not asking for your permission.I only thought to let you know where I would be.With or without your consent I'm going!"He declared firmly.

Mace opened his mouth to blast his fellow Jedi for his disrespect but was stopped by a small green hand on his arm.Yoda shook his head slightly and Mace relaxed back in his chair.Yoda silently studied the tall man before him for several moments before responding to the obvious challenge.

"Upset you are Qui-Gon.Understand we do."

"No Master I don't believe any of you do." Was the quiet reply.

Mace noticed the disbelieving expressions on several of the Council members faces.Even though Qui-Gon had always been known as something of a rebel,never had he shown such obvious disregard for the other Master's opinions.Yoda for his part merely nodded in agreement.

"Explain you must.Make us understand."

Qui-Gon drew in a deep shaky breath and tried to calm himself before answering.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi has been my apprentice since he was twelve years old.You all know this.Eight years that boy has stood by my side through countless missions."He stopped briefly to gather his allready fragile composure."Never once has he let me down but now when he needs me the most you all tell me that I should just forget about him?Leave him to suffer Force knows what by himself?"

Plo Koon drew the Jedi's attention to himself.

"My friend,Obi-Wan has been this bounty hunters captive for over two months.Do you truly believe she captured him merely to keep him alive?"

"He's alive." Was the firm response.

Adi Galla gave him a quizzical look.

"Have you been able to contact him through your bond since he was taken?" She asked.

The other members turned hope filled faces toward him which he quickly squelched with his next reply.

" No.When I search for him I only sense a void."

Mace stood up and put a hand on the other man's shoulder in comfort.

"Qui this bounty hunter, Ona Nobis, has been hunting Obi-Wan ever since you first ran into her six years ago.She wants nothing more then to kill him.What hope can we possibly have that he's still alive?"He asked gently.

Qui-Gon had to force back his frustration before answering.

" Don't you see,she wants a fair battle.If her only purpose was to kill him she wouldn't have risked stealing onto Jedi grounds and fleeing with him.She has other plans for him."

The Council fell silent as they all digested his words.Yoda finally broke the stillness.

"A plan you have?" He prompted.

" An informant of mine believes he saw her on her home planet." Qui-Gon replied.

"Sorrus?" Yoda asked disbelievingly."Rather obvious this is."

Qui-Gon shrugged slightly.

"What better place to hide him? Too obvious for us to even suspect yet safe.Her people,her terrain.I leave first thing in the morning."

Glances were exchanged but only Yoda dared to comment.

"So sure you are that allowed this will be?"

The renegade Jedi drew himself up to his full heighth before answering defiantly.

"With all due respect Master Yoda as I said earlier I'm not asking for anyone's approval.I will go to Sorrus and I will bring back my Padawan.Alive."

Mace took his seat and studied his friend for several tense moments.

"You may need help.I'm going with you."

This was met with a raised eyebrow from Qui-Gon while Yoda merely nodded.

"Go you will.Bring home our boy you must.Means alot to us all he does."He stated for the Council.

Qui-Gon gave them a brief bow before hurrying from the room.As

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Darn no one is reading my blasted story! :mad:

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great idea to pull up Ona Nobis.

more soon I hope!

12. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Obi_ew, this is marvelous!

Bringing Ona Nobis back was a definite twist. More soon, I hope.

13. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey - you can call me lots of names, but don't call me 'no one' - OK? [face_mischief] I'm reading - and I'm enjoying enormously.

Defiant Qui is always worth reading - especially when he's defying anyone who tries to come between him and his padawan; that's when I like him best.

So keep writing - and don't worry. The word will get around - and people will come. Think "Field of Dream" - OK? :D

CYN

14. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This story is very enjoyable, obi_ew . Don't worry. I'll keep reading and reviewing. :)

15. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Cool, I just found this story and it's really good. Can't wait to read more!

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :D More readers!Cynical if you were the only person out there reading this and enjoying it I would feel like I had done a good job! I'm new at this so it may take me awhile to respond to you guys but I hope you stick with me. [face_love]

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Of course I don't own none of um nor do I make any money off em!

Oh Sith whoever you are why don't you just kill me and get it over and done with?

I'm so tired I can't even lift my head off of the hard cold floor.And the hunger and thirst are clawing at my belly like some foreign entity trying to burst free.

How long can this go on,and why?

/You baby.Crying all the time.No wonder no one loves you!/

Oh, not the voices!Not now when I'm feeling so weak and helpless.!

/Disgraceful brat!/

Shut up!Shut up!Shut up!

The sound of my own agonized screams echo through the oppressive silence of the room.The voices fall quiet once again,satisfied.

Sith I'm hot!Burning up from the inside out.As long as I can remember I've been mind numbingly cold but now I feel as if I and the room could suddenly burst into flames.

My whole body is shaking and I can't seem to make it stop.I need my shots.Where's Bant?I always feel so much better after I've had my shots.It's the only time the voices will leave me in peace.

Something must have happened to him.Something is terribly wrong.He should have been here a long time ago.

/You probably ran him off too!"/

Don't you start again!I told you to shut up!

/Not even a machine can stand to be around you for long.Unloved.Unwanted./

No!No stop!Please just stop!

My tears fall quickly and uncontrollably.I know their right.Deep down I know that there must be something horribly wrong with me.What could I have done that was so unforgiveable as to deserve being put here and forgotten?

I'm so consumed by my grief I don't even hear the door open.Not until a cool hand rests on top of my bowed head do I realise I'm no longer alone.

Slowly I look up until I can just barely make out a face through my tears.My sobs come to a gasping halt.

It's a woman!Through the gloom I can just barely make out a bald head and smooth expressionless face.

"Are you real?" I wince at the sound of my hoarse voice.

The vision kneels down and the corners of her mouth mouth twitch in what I suspect must pass as a smile for her.

"I'm very real little one.I'm here to help you."

I can't stop another sob from escaping through my clenched teeth at her shocking statement.

One slim hand reaches up and gently begins stroking the matted braid that hangs from behind my ear.I notice that two of her fingers appear to be fused together and wonder what could have caused such a painful looking wound.

"What can I do for you?Perhaps something to eat?" She asks pleasantly.

"Oh yes please!" I stammer hopefully.

Her other hand seemingly by magic pulls a piece of fruit out of thin air.My shaking hands grab for it but it's gone just as quickly as it appeared.A moan of anquish is torn from my chapped lips.The woman presses a long cool finger against my quivering mouth.

"Hush little one.I'll let you have it but you must go slowly or else you'll be sick."She croons.

My eyes watch feverishly as she once again summons the fruit and tears a small piece off.Gently she places it in my open mouth.

"Now remember,slowly."

I nod vigourously as I begin to chew.

Sith it's so good!Cold,wet,sweet.I almost cry as it slides down my aching throat.She feeds me the rest the same way before pressing a cup of cold water to my lips.

"Drink."My eyes never leave her still face as I obey her gentle command.

Once the water is gone she places her palm against my cheek.

"Your burning up.Perhaps you need your medicine hum?" She asks.

Suddenly the needle appears seemingly from nowhere.

"Magic."I don't even realise I've spoken aloud until she gives me another small smile.

"Yes Little One it is magic.I'll show you.Do you want your medicine?"

"Yes please."

"So polite." She chides softly.

As she pushes the needle into my vein my eyes close in blissful esctacy.The pain and fear that is ever present begins to fade away.

Once done she begins to move away.Panic sets in.

"No!Please don't leave.Stay with me!"I plead, my voice cracking on a sob.

She hesitates a

18. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This is really good, obi_ew . Poor Obi-Wan's all confused. Post again soon!

19. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    poor Obi...*narrows eyes* write more soon...*puppy eyes* please?

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cascadia Poor Obi-Wan is going to be more then confused come tomorrow! [face_devil]

Master_Comedy_Kitty No need to break out the puppy dog eyes!As long as things go as planned I'll be posting every day till this is finished. :D

OK kids my brain is mush because its 109* where I live right now! :( Someone please throw a bucket of cold water on me!

21. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    This is good. Writing in first person (partly) = great idea.

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Wild Huntress Thanks for the kind words.I'm actually not a big fan of first person writing and I wasn't sure how it would work but it was really the only way I could express Obi-Wan's thoughts and pain the way I wanted to. :D

23. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm not a big fan of first person writing either, but I like the way you're handling it.

And I'm glad you'll be posting every day. I'm looking forward to it!

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Doing great!!

Keep it UP!

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cascadia Thanks for coming along for the ride! Now if we can just light a fire under Red and Cynical life will be good! :D

Arwen_Jade_Kenobi You keep reading,I'll keep writing!

Oh the heat! It's inhumane! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.