curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-WansApprentice

Obi-WansApprentice Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Title: Betrayal

Author: Obi-WansApprentice (teeeheeee....HI SHELEIGH!!!! *waves*)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story, they are property of George Lucas, et al. Also, please do not post this story anywhere else without my permission. Thanks.

Summary: The person Obi-Wan Kenobi trusted the most nearly killed him.

?You seem troubled, Master,? said Obi-Wan Kenobi as he exited his room into the living area, tossing around a tiny item in his hand.

Qui-Gon Jinn looked up at his Padawan?s words. ?I?ve just been thinking about the assignment that the Council has put us on.? His eyes narrowed and he rested his chin on his folded hands as he sat forward in the chair, resting his elbows on his knees.

?Assignment?? Obi-Wan repeated with a frown. ?When did the Council give this to us??

?This morning,? Jinn replied simply without looking up.

?This morning!? Why didn?t you tell me??

Qui-Gon looked up at his apprentice warningly.

?Sorry, Master.? Obi-Wan?s eyes dropped to the object that he was still fiddling with.

?What do you have there?? Qui-Gon asked, standing from his seat and striding to Obi-Wan.

?This? Ah.? Kenobi waved the importance off with a hand. ?One of the coils in my lightsaber malfunctioned during practice. I?ll have to get a new one. I should have it fixed by the end of this afternoon.?

Qui-Gon took the small part from Obi-Wan?s hand to look at it. ?I?ll repair it for you,? he offered.

Obi-Wan blinked at his Master. ?What about the assignment??

Jinn waved it off with his hand. ?We don?t leave until the morning. I?ll tell you about it later.?

The younger man looked at Qui-Gon curiously. ?I sense that it?s not important, Master.? He smiled.

?For you, it?s not important, but for me?extremely.?

Obi-Wan found his master?s words and demeanor odd. He could sense something underlying?something Qui-Gon hadn?t yet told him. He wanted to inquire about it further, but thought against it when he look down at his bag lying on the chair. ?Thank you for your help, Master. I?ll make sure to make it up to you. For now, I have to be going to the Temple Library. There?s some research work I need to finish. I?ll meet up with you later for a slider at Dex?s, all right??

Qui-Gon smiled. ?I?ll look forward to that, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan grinned. ?Good-bye, Master!? He slung his bag over his shoulder and was out the door.

Jinn?s face took on a somewhat sad expression as he glanced back down at the broken lightsaber part in his hand. He walked across the room and dropped it into the bin marked for incineration. He entered his own room and turned on his comm. link. ?Master, I must speak with you,? he said into it solemnly.

Early the Following Morning?

Jedi Master Mace Windu entered the chamber quietly and took a place on the meditation pad beside Yoda.

?Much danger I sense, Master Windu,? the small Master said. ?Centered around Obi-Wan it is.?

?I have felt it too, Master Yoda,? said Windu. ?I will speak to both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon personally to find out more about this situation.? Despite his having just arrived, he made for the door, but stopped to look at Yoda again.

?Dispel this danger we must or lost to us the apprentice will be.?

?Wake up, young one,? said Qui-Gon, giving his padawan?s shoulder a good shake.

Obi-Wan?s eyes opened slowly and he squinted through the light to look at Qui-Gon. ?Master?? he said softly. He glanced over at the window. ?It?s early, Master,? he said, seeing the dim light beyond the panes. ?Can?t I sleep for just a little longer?? He tried pulling up the blanket, only to have it pulled back again.

?No, Obi-Wan. We must to leave. The sooner we get this over with the better.? Jinn pulled the student from his bed and handed him his tunic, belt, and robe.

Once Obi-Wan was finished dressing and had his boots and robe on, he was ushered to the door. ?Wait, Master,

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    WOW! :eek: That was truly amazing!

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What??? The end??? You can't leave it that way!!!

*grabs lightsaber threateningly*

You will not leave it that way . . .

4. Obi-WansApprentice

Jul 24, 2002
    Obi_Ew- Thanks so much for the kind words! I only signed up today, as well! THANKS!

Obaona- *ducks flying lightsaber* EEP! :p heh....glad you liked it! Thanks for the kindness....

I guess today was my day for warm welcomes! :D

5. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    *applauds* Welcome, Obi-WansApprentice! :)

That was wonderful- but... you killed Qui! And turned him to the darkside!! *kills Qui-Gon again... for trying to hurt Obi-Wan*

I agree with obaona- MORE! A sequel would be nice! *waves hand*

;)

Again, marvelous! :D

Edit: How rude of me- I forgot to wave back! *waves insanely at Obi-WansApprentice* ;)

6. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Whoa....

THAT was incredible!

Short and succinct, yes, but with boundless innuendo woven into the words, and the subtle irony of Yoda's final comment, 'Hard to see the Dark side is,' was amazing.

Well done!

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You can't leave it at that. Need More!!

8. Obi-WansApprentice

Jul 24, 2002
    Draigon_Myth- Awwww.... [face_blush] Thanks so much! I'm pleased that you enjoyed it!

PadawanKitara-whoa.... :eek: I'm only on these boards a day and I already have people begging for me to a continue a story! I FEEL SO WELCOMED!! THANKS GUYS!! Glad you enjoyed the story my fellow Padawan learner... ;)

9. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    *cracks up*

You have to write more you know.... *threatens with lightsaber* ;)

*waves hand around* you will continue this! [face_devil] ;)

10. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm glad you feel complimented.

Now . . . *waves hand and intones* you WILL start writing . . . :D [face_devil]

11. Darkgemxx

Darkgemxx Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002

Wonderful, wonderful stuff!

The title was absolutely eye-catching and you went straight into the action and a couple of minutes later, the angst/drama arrived.

Unbelievable ending!
    Wonderful writing, keep it up!

12. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    :eek: You killed him! He turned and then you killed him! AHHHH!!!!!

Ok, sorry, but I've been off line for a few days and when I get back on I see this little gem sitting here waiting for me. But it's a nasty little gem now isn't it. Very good though. I'm just wondering though, was there a reason for Qui turning or is it just for the story line?

~Swede :p

13. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Yes, i'm with Swede, Why? Why? Why?

We need more, more, more!!! Why and when did Qui turn? what's going to happen to Obi?

You cannot stop there.

Please continue? :D

14. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *growls* Qui, how dare you...*rases Qui from the dead, kills him again* tee hee...this is fun! *repeat*

15. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow... interesting how Qui-Gon took the place of Dooku in inflicting the exact injuries to Obi-Wan on Geonosis. But I must agree with my fellow reviewers... MORE!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.