main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Power of a Moment (Revised!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith

Meredith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    Hi there!

Yes, I promised to revise this and add new scenes and to be completely honest, I haven't gotten very far. I decided to go ahead and start posting as a way to motivate myself. My goal: have this done before school starts. In the mean time, I would appreciate any comments you have.

Anyway, here is the first section revised. I know some of you have been waiting for this and I hope it meets your expectations.

Thanks,
    Meredith

Title: The Power of a Moment
    Author: Meredith
    E-mail: GreenEyedJedi@aol.com
    Rating: PG-13
    Category: Alternative Universe, angst
    Summary: If Qui-Gon had lived and taken Anakin as a Padawan?what would have happened to Obi-Wan?
    Archive: Please ask first.
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns Star Wars and it?s characters.

Part One

Obi-Wan was falling.

He thought it must have been several seconds before he hit one of the catwalks but couldn?t be sure. Sharp pain laced his side at the impact, but there was no time to try to ease the burning feeling in his ribs. He grabbed for the edge of the landing quickly, before he could tumble over and continue his decent. Pausing half a second to take a deep breath, he hauled himself back up and ran.

He ran until he got to the spot where the catwalk he was on passed beneath the one where his Master was now battling the Sith?alone. Obi-Wan had to struggle to push back his feelings of panic and guilt as he caught sight of the fierce battle above him. With a surge of the force he leapt up onto the platform overhead and once again started to run.

He could see Qui-Gon and the Sith starting down a narrow corridor. Obi-Wan reached the beginning of the passage, but was too late as he realized the passage was more than just another expanse of catwalk. Red laser walls flashed on in front of him, separating him from his Master.

This was wrong, very wrong.

The ?bad feeling? that he had first become aware of at the beginning of this mission suddenly multiplied until the sensation crept under his skin, making it impossible for him to stand still. Obi-Wan?s fist clenched and unclenched as he paced back and forth behind the red haze.

The walls cycled down and he ran ahead, but the feeling had unnerved him and he was unable to focus. He found himself once again separated from his Master, by the last glowing barrier.

Wrong!

Obi-Wan kicked himself for letting his anxiety take over, but still the feeling remained. He had never had such a feeling of foreboding before. Never one that caught hold and wouldn?t let go, that caused a chill to run down his spine and warned him to prepare for the worst.

He stared through the red world as Qui-Gon faced the Sith. For the first time in thirteen years Obi-Wan wasn?t fighting at his side and this definitely was not a good time to start. The sense of warning mounted and suddenly the world became still as he watched the Sith?s lightsabre pass through his Master?s chest.

No!

A scream filled the air and Obi-Wan was only faintly aware that it was his own voice calling out. As the sound died off in an echo around the room, the Sith came to stand in front of him on the other side of the laser wall. The painted man walked back and forth watching Obi-Wan closely, as if to size up the young Jedi.

Hands continued to clench and unclench as Obi-Wan tried to prepare for what was about to happen and push out of his mind what already had. A second later the red walls were cycling again and he charged forward. A dark cloud swirled around him, but Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if it was all coming from the Sith or if some of it was originating from his own emotions. Taking a deep breath as he fought, he pushed aside the dark as much as he could and tried to envision the light su

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I read it the first time and I'm certainly up for a revised version.

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I didn't read it the first time around, so this is fresh stuff to me. I like. :)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I remember this one :)

5. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Glad to see this again. :) I loved it the first time and am more than happy to read your revised edition. :)

6. Meredith

Jan 25, 2001
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies!

I apologize for the wait. I've been doing community theatre this summer so most of my revision is done in notebooks and printouts. I've been a bit lazy about transfering it to the computer, but now that the play is over I plan on making an effort to post every couple of days. Anyway, here is part two!

-Meredith

Part Two

Amidala?s face was drawn and pale with worry as she pushed past the guard at the med center door. ?Where is Master Qui-Gon? How is he?? The young ruler asked the Healer as she put a comforting hand on Anakin?s shoulder.

?We have submerges him in bacta. I must say Your Highness; I do not know how he survived. The wound was?? the Healer shook her head and trailed off.

?What is it?? Amidala prompted with a questioning look.

?The wound was already partially healed when he was brought here. Most of the major damage had already been fixed. I think it is safe to say he will make a full recovery.?

Strange wasn?t even the word for what the healer was describing. Knowing that the Master Jedi would be all right flooded her with relief, but now her curiosity was peaked. Amidala started to ask the healer another question when she heard the doors to the ward open abruptly. Anakin made a sound beside her and she turned to see who was there. What she saw made her step back in surprise.

In the doorway stood Captain Panaka and another guard carrying the limp form of Jedi Kenobi.

?What happened?? Amidala asked as the Healer directed them to lay the Jedi on a nearby bed.

?I don?t know. I was talking to him and he just collapsed.? The shock in Panaka?s voice made the young Queen?s worry return.

?Will he be ok?? came Anakin?s soft voice.

Amidala looked at the boy. She didn?t know what to say. Though she had been preoccupied before, she could not say that anything had been visibly wrong with the Jedi when they had seen him before. The young Queen looked to the Healer who was already bustling about. ?We?ll have to wait and see, Ani.?

The Healer was taking Kenobi?s pulse and checking vital signs. Amidala drew Anakin back out of the way as they watched. Physical injures were sought for and blood was taken. The healer gave the nearby droid some instructions before going over to them.

?Jedi Kenobi is stable. He has some broken ribs but nothing very serious, at least not that I can see until the blood tests come back.?

?You don?t know why he collapsed?? Panaka asked, still eyeing the Jedi?s prone form.

?Not at the moment, but we will know soon.? The Healer turned to the Queen. ?There is only so much I can do here, Your Highness and I have little knowledge of the Jedi. I think it would be best if they were contacted right away so I might talk to one of their healers.?

?Yes, of course. It will be done immediately.? Amidala led Anakin toward the door. ?Come Ani, you?ve had a busy day. Lets get you settled and then I must contact the Jedi Council.?

A haze filled Obi-Wan?s vision as he walked. His steps felt sluggish and tired, but it seemed that the deeper into the foggy surrounds he went, the easier his movements became. ?Where am I?? He wondered and even though the thought was not spoken allowed, the words echoed around him.

There was no indicator of how much time had past, but Obi-Wan felt as if he had been walking a long while. In the time that had gone by he had heard voices fading in and out. Only a few words had come through clearly, but he had recognized the people who were speaking. Or at least he thought he did. He had heard Queen Amidala, Anakin, Captain Panaka, Master Yoda, and Master Windu,

7. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Oooo! Great! I had almost forgotten about this story until I got the notification. I'm usually don't like vision/dream moments, but you did Obi-Wan's vision of his death on the Death Star so well, that I have to applaude.

*clap, clap*

Detailed, yet vague. Very good.

And you also have Yoda down pretty darn good. It's usually difficult for anybody to get Yoda-speak down right in most of the stories on the Fan Fiction board, but I think you got it as good as anybody. :) Well done.

Willing to wait for more.

8. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    :D Oh, goody. I liked this the first time, I'll like it the second. And you now what? Sinces it's being reposted that means its more or less aready done and we don't have to wait so long between posts.

Right?

~Swede :p

9. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    :D I remember this one! Good to see you again Meredith -and this time we don't have to wait for posts!!

10. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Yay! I'll be looking forward to the next chapter - I'm glad to see you're going to make an effort to post every few days. :)

11. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Wow, I just found this, and it's great! I can't wait to see what happens with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. :)

12. Meredith

Jan 25, 2001
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm glad to know you are enjoying the revised version and plan on sticking around. And no, you won't have to wait so long in between posts :). Part three will by up sometime saturday since I'm busy until then, but you can count on posts being a lot closer together from now on.

Thanks again for reading!

13. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Just upping this and hoping for a post. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.