main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reflection of Silence

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: Reflection of Silence
    Author: Sheleigh
    Disclaimer: All the characters in this story are property of George Lucas. I make no claim to them.
    Summary: Post TPM.
    Author's note: Yeah, I should work on my other stories- but this one popped into my mind. It's short- but I hope you enjoy it never-the-less! :)

The bond had been silent for a millennia, or so it seemed. In truth, it had been mere days, yet the silence was deafening. The simple comfort of reaching out and touching his Master?s mind, feeling the reassuring presence that was Qui-Gon Jinn simply ceased to exist. And though he tried, coping was incredibly difficult.

Obi-Wan sighed, walking restlessly through the rooms that now housed himself and his new apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. At the thought of the boy, Obi-Wan reached out, gently touching the bond that was beginning to form between the two. Anakin responded immediately, sending back a warm greeting, and accompanying it childish pleasures the boy now delighted in.

Obi-Wan paused, allowing the slightest hint of a smile to grace his features. A resolute expression soon took place, and Obi-Wan settled to his knees, for the first time in days willing to submerge himself completely in the Force.

Immediately memories which he had blocked washed over him, most predominately his Master?s death at the hands of the Sith Apprentice. Obi-Wan cried out, as he once again was forced to watch his Master?s death, forced to see him die in his arms again. Forced to hear his last wish.

Forced to feel the bond which was so precious to him go silent.

The Force lead him to another memory- this of his Master?s funeral, the body alight with flames. A sob escaped the young Master as he recalled the silence after the funeral, interrupted only by the quiet murmur of condolences to Obi-Wan.

A quiet voice interrupted his painful reverie, one incredibly dear to him. Padawan.

Obi-Wan stifled a gasp. Master?

Yes, My Padawan.

I?ve missed you, Master.

Qui-Gon?s shimmering form appeared before Obi-Wan kneeling before his former apprentice.

You?ve never been alone, my Padawan. I am here- in the Force, in your heart. In your memories. You are doing well, Padawan. Take time- mourn. The time will come when you need to be strong, but for now, meditate, trust in the Force.

Yes, Master.
    Qui-Gon layed a shimmering hand on his apprentice?s head, before disappearing.

He withdrew from his meditation, completely at peace, serenity blanketing him. Suddenly, the silence didn?t seem to deafening. An odd sense of renewal washed over him, and he climbed to his feet, leaving the confines of his quarters. A quiet smile graced his features once again, this time in remembrance of his Master.

Good luck, my Padawan. The slightest touch to his mind and for the briefest instant the bond flared to life, intense as it had before the silence took over.

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :D :D :D I really liked that. Good job, sheleigh

3. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I like I like.

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :D Lovely-Just like it's subject! [face_love]

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Short and to the point :) Nice work Sheleigh :D

6. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Awww...so sad..me liken this...

7. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I usually don't venture into the prequels, but I have to say, this was beautiful.

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful, sheleigh!

9. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Aww... thanks for the wonderful feedback! [face_blush]

obi_ew- thanks- and yes... Obi is simply lovely isn't he? [face_love]

Leah-Beth- Oh, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Again, thanks everyone! :)

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kicking your bum back up there too! [face_laugh]

11. Jedi_Tanya

Jedi_Tanya Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2002
    Hi Sheleigh,
    Finally got to read one of your stories. *smiles* I just wanted you to know that you did a great job! :D I hope I get to read the rest of your stories soon. :) It was sad because I kind of like Qui-Gon, but at the end I liked it. Well, keep up the good work.

~*Tanya*~

12. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    It was kind of sad sheleigh, but a good kind of sad :)

It makes me feel so much better about the way Qui left things at the end of TPM--So glad he took the time to really let Obi-Wan know he was loved. Now Obi-Wan doesn't have to spend the rest of his years wondering.

I liked it :D

13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    That was really beautiful! *snif* A nice postscript to TPM.

14. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Padawan- thank you! :) I like Qui-Gon as well- and think that this seems more likely to happen than him simply fading into the force without a second thought of Obi-Wan.

Shan- Thank you [face_blush] Well as long as it was the good kind of sad, and not the depressing kind!

Arwyn- thank you as well :) [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.