main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Torn- Obi's Sick &Dying, as usual,Obi torture/angst, Qui angst, H/C-PS 11/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi-wannabe_1138, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    OK I started another fic, which I shouldn't be doing. That makes it four fics, plus the diary, plus my King Arthur novel, plus zillions of other projects. I don't know if I'm going to continue this.

Title
    Summary: On return from a mission on a far flung Outer Rim planet, Obi-wan becomes sick with a potentially deadly illness. In trying to save his life, Qui-gon is forced to do the one thing that's hardest for both of them.

Era: JA (duh)

Genre: Angst. Drama. Adventure. Obi-torture. Potential AU*.

Time: Obi is 16.

Spoilers: Yes, JA, as of Oct. 29th's update.

Disclaimer: You-know-who (SW characters) do not belong to you-know-whom (yours truly, your darling author) who in turn is not making any you-know-what (ka-CHING! $$$) off this fic- so please don't sue.

*From now on, all my stories will carry the Potential AU mark. Why? Well, one thing, don't think that I'll adhere to any rules about what I can or can't do to characters just because you see them in movies later on. I want everyone to know that I have no intention of doing that whatsoever. I'll do whatever I please with the characters. Remember, I write fan fic and I'm bound to nothing! :) OK excuse the ranting. Here goes.......

"Master?"

Jedi Padawan Obi-wan Kenobi pulled his robe more tightly around himself and shivered. It was very cold inside the ship he and his Master were using for transport from their previous mission on planet Leeb-Arroe. He knew that space was supposed to be cold, but this was unusual. He had traveled many times before and knew that normal cold was nothing like this.

"What is it, Padawan?" he heard his Master, Qui-gon Jinn, asking him.

Obi-wan hesitated briefly. Now it occurred to him that it might sound rather stupid, his getting so worked up over the cold.

"I was just wondering, do you find it exceptionally cold in here?"

"No. Why, do you?" Already his Master's voice was laced with concern.

Obi-wan shivered again.

"Yes," he replied, "very much so."

Qui-gon put a hand on the boy's forehead, excepting it to be warm and feverish. Instead, Obi-wan's brow was chilled, almost unnaturally. He frowned, somewhat anxious. It was possible that his Padawan was merely cool, but something told him that the problem wasn't that simple.

"Do you feel alright aside from that?" he asked. The younger man shook his head and spoke quietly.

"I, I still have my headache," he replied.

"Still?" Obi-wan nodded. He had not been feeling quite right ever since the two of them had left Leeb-Arroe's surface.

"Lie down, then. Rest for a while. I'll turn up the temperature on the ship, see if you don't feel better after a little while."

The boy nodded again, and went to do as he was told, trying to stop himself from trembling due to the chill.

Well? Please tell me what you think. Feedback is always good.

2. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    oooo me like so far!

U gotta continue dude! can't leave it off there!

Till Later~
    Siri

4. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    The problem's not really with leaving off here, the thing I'm worried about is running out of steam in the middle just when it's getting good.....

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *taps foot in impatience*

That kind of a cliffie should be banned! More soon before I cause a riot!

6. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    I doubt u an run outta steam... and if ya do... well then we'll ether have to help u or we will have already died on the account of not getting n e thng..

;)

Till Later~
    Siri

7. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
  8. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    OK finally got Part 2 up. Hope people like. :)
    I'm sorry if everyone's all out of character and if nothing fits into anything.... it's not my fault, I'm just badly JA defficient here.

He did not, as Qui-Gon had hoped, feel better after a little while. He felt worse. While he had felt cold half an hour ago, by this time he felt as if he were freezing to death. He lay in bed wrapped in his robe as well as several blankets and shivered uncontrollably. Not only was Obi-Wan suffering from the intense cold, he was also extremely exhausted, and the headache he had endured for the past couple days had gone from dull ache to pounding agony.

His Master sat beside him, one hand resting gently on the boy's shoulder, the other keying through a datapad, searching for any known sickness with symptoms that matched those Obi-Wan was evidencing. So far he had found nothing that could be even remotely connected, and he was growing increasingly worried. Qui-Gon looked down at his Padawan, and felt anxiety tighten around his heart. He was certain this was no mere case of flu. Before he had tried using the Force to warm the boy, and ease some of his pain, but even that had done little good. At that point the Jedi had really begun to worry. Finally he gave up looking through the datapad and tried to settle on what to do now. One thing he was sure of. They were still nine days from Coruscant, and Obi-Wan was getting worse too quickly for him to wait that long. He needed to know what was wrong with his Apprentice as soon as possible.

"Obi-Wan," he whispered. The boy sat up, shivering.

"Yes Master?" His voice sounded so tired, so weak.

"Obi-Wan, I'm going to ask the pilot to tell me where we are so that we can land on the nearest suitable planet. I'll be back in a few moments."

"But why must we land at all? Is there something the matter?"

"Yes, Padawan, there is. You see, I'm very concerned about your well-being, and I need to know if you're alright before we continue on our way."

"But- I know you're weary and want to go home- and I'll be fine, if I could only-" he shuddered again- "if I could only stop feeling so cold, and tired....."

"Shh. Lie down. Try to rest."

"I can't, Master. I'm so cold...."

But Qui-Gon was already using the Force sleep suggestion technique to soothe the boy into an almost trancelike slumber. When he was confident that his Apprentice would not awaken, he got up and walked into the cockpit.

9. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    AWW get obi better!!

Great post... need more. ;)

Keep it up.

TIll Later~
    Siri

10. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    ::sniff::

POOR OBI!!!!

11. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    OK, if anyone's still reading I scraped up enough for a post. The REAL angst should start very soon. I just hope I'm up to it, I haven't written proper fan fic angst in ages. :)

"Captain."
    "Yes, Master Jedi?"

"If you don't mind, I need to know what system we're approaching, its diplomatic stance, and whether it would be possible to stop there."

"We are approaching the Verheer System, diplomatic stance- neutral towards the Republic. If I may ask, sir, why would stopping be necessary?" The pilot, Captain Frilek Amon, spoke with the near- curtness that marked him for a former man of the military.

"My Apprentice is ill," Qui-Gon answered, "and I do not wish to wait until we reach Coruscant to find out what is wrong with him."

"Then I will prepare to take this ship out of Hyperspace and land near one of Verheer's cities."

"Padawan?" Qui-Gon asked, leaning over Obi-Wan's sleeping form. He stirred faintly.

"Master?"

"Obi-Wan, we've landed on the planet Verheer. I insist on taking you to a healers' here, before we continue our journey back to Coruscant."

"Yes, Master but.... I'm sure it's nothing."

"I'm not so sure. Come on. I want to find out what's going on with you as quickly as possible."

Somehow, Qui-Gon could not bring himself to believe that this was, as his Apprentice insisted, nothing. He stretched out with his mind, reaching for the boy's Force presence, and felt the weakness and exhasution trying to engulf his Padawan.

12. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    ooooo I feel the presence of more Obi torture on the way.

13. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    This is awesome! You're doing great! :)

14. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Please keep it up!

15. sabercrazy

Jun 2, 2002
    That's right Qui...GET HIM HELP!

16. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

What's happening???

More soon please!

17. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    wha... help him already!!

lol i think that about sums my thoughts up... ;)

Till Later~
    Siri

18. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    OK new development guys: I've gone back to writing by hand, at least for this story. See, writing on the computer's too distracting because I have this bad habit of spending all my time surfing the Internet instead of writing. I'm gonna try writing stuf out by hand, typing it up into Word lickety split, then copy pasting to the board. Should save loads of time. I promise I'll post later today.

19. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Love the story and cant wait for more.

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    For your convenience, you can review the topic you're replying to in its own browser window by clicking here.

THROWS A TEMPER TANTRUM MORE MORE MORE

21. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Glad is June: You betcha! ;)
    RingThane: Thank you SO much!
    Jazz: I'll try my best!
    Sabercrazy: ::face_smirks::
    Seven: YOu'll find out soon.
    Siri: Don't worry, Siri dear, it gets worse for Obi afore it gets better. ;)
    Padawan3: Thank you.
    Jenny: OK don't throw a tantrum! Here's some more. Sorry if this isn't too good. I kept having problems with how to refer to characters. It was driving me nuts. Anyway here it is.

Somehow, Qui-Gon could not bring himself to believe that this was, as his Apprentice insisted, nothing. He stretched out with his mind, reaching for the boy's Force presence, and felt the weakness and exhasution trying to engulf his Padawan. The fear and worry in him increased greatly at this. No, this was certainly no ordinary flu. He had to find out what was going on immediately.

Obi-Wan tried feebly to get up. It was so hard. He was so cold, and exhausted. Seeing how he was struggling, Qui-Gon gave him a hand and pulled him into a sitting position.

"Thank you," he murmured, shivering.

"Your hands are like ice," the Jedi Master said, taking his own robe and wrapping it around Obi-Wan, who accepted it gratefully. Qui-Gon helped him to his feet, supporting him so that he didn't stumble on his shaky legs.

"I've found the location of a healers' nearby," he continued. "I'm taking you there so that we can find out what's going on."

This time the Padawan didn't protest. That in itself was worrisome, since usually Obi-Wan hated being taken to a healer's and would avoid it at all costs. He looked up, and his eyes met Qui-Gon's. The Jedi Master could no longer miss the anguish written all over the boy's face. He gently squeezed Obi-Wan's shoulder. Slowly, agonizingly, the two made their way down to the streets of Fajyan, Verheer's capital. Obi-Wan could barely walk and was forced to lean heavily against his Master.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized in a hushed whisper.

"Whatever for? I'm sorry that you have to suffer like this," Qui-Gon countered.

"Don't be. Don't-"

But the young Jedi's words were cut off as a spasm of violent pain coursed through his body. He suppressed a moan and would surely have fallen had Qui-Gon not been holding him still. Obi-Wan staggered under the oppressiveness of the pain. His Master, continuing to grip his arm, reached out with his mind and with the Force to soothe the boy's anguish.

Opinions? OK sorry my posts all seem to be really short. Oh well, will try to do a longer one next time.

22. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
  23. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Just found this and I like it.
    :)

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :_| Poor sick Obi!The things we do to him in the name of love! :p

25. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Alarms going off in my head from worry!!! Poor Obi-dear!!!

This is a very fun storyline, the type I always enjoy. More soon I hope.

WHOOHOO!!! obi_wannabe, you got my 2,500 post!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.