main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Other Half of My Soul--JA, AU, Obi/Qui/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by creelin, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creelin

creelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't normally write fanfiction, even though I really enjoy reading it. I wrote this about a month ago when I was frustrated with my other writing. Hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon belong to George Lucas. I do not own any of the characters or settings in this piece.
    -------

I wasn't supposed to end up alone, not like this, not forsaken on some backwater planet only the forgotten think of. I had a bright future, the future I'd dreamed of since I was old enough to dream. All that's gone now. The temple, the masters, the students. My way of life. Gone. Vanished into the halls of memory, never to return, at least not as I knew it.

I could live with losing that way of life. I could accept my self-imposed exile, if only I weren't alone. If the other half of my soul wasn't so far away from me and I could stare into her eyes again, then I could live. I could accept my fate and let go of my resentment and anger and sorrow. I stare up at the sky now, trying in vain to pick out one tiny star. It's a clear night. I should be able to find it, a tiny star that the galaxy has forgotten, everyone except me.

I close my eyes and lose myself in memory for a moment, remembering the first time I'd realized that part of my soul lived in another. I was sixteen. I can still feel the hum of my lightsabre as we sparred that day, the strain of my muscles as I tried to match Talen Mohr's perfect moves, the scent of the practice room, the sound of her laughter when I missed, yet again.

#

"You're thinking too hard," she said. "Just let go."

Letting go was something I couldn't do, never completely. I hated the loss of control. My own master said those words to me. Let go. Feel, don't think. Oddly though, Talen saying those words stirred something in me, and I opened myself and let go. My movements grew more assured. I found myself able to block Talen, even though she was moving faster than I. For a while, my world narrowed to the hum of our blades, the movement of our bodies, and the swirling energy I could sense around me. I recognized that energy. The Living Force, my master called it. It had always eluded me, or rather, I chose not to listen to it. But now, I could hear it singing to me. We sparred until we were both exhausted.

"That was good." Talen's voice filled with laughter. "You might beat me yet."

I rubbed my neck where she had finally landed a killing blow. "No, I don't think so." Our eyes met for a moment and I felt a whisper from the energy around me, an urging I fought to deny. "I don't think that'll ever happen."

Talen's smile lit up her eyes and brightened the shadows of her face. "You have no faith in yourself." Her smile got a little wider. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Kenobi. Really, you shouldn't."

I couldn't tear my gaze from Talen's. Her eyes were filled with amusement and life and something else, mystery perhaps. I saw wisdom there, a wisdom far too mature for Talen's fifteen years. Before I could stop myself I leaned close and brushed my lips against hers, losing myself in the moment. I wanted to feel guilty, even as she responded with mild shock then pleasure, but I couldn't. All around me the Force hummed, and I knew no matter what anyone, even my master, would say, this was meant to be. I pulled away and stared into her eyes for a moment longer before a long shadow distracted me. I saw my master watching us from the doorway of our practice room. Blood rushed to my cheeks. "I have to go." I spared one last glance at her before I faced the lecture I was certain I was coming.

"That was an interesting display," Qui-Gon said when I fell into step beside him. His face was expressionless, and when I tried, I could get no sense of his emotions.

Color rushed to my cheeks, and I stared at the floor. "How so, Master?"

"I wasn't aware that kissing was an accepted part of sparring." He glanced at me, and I saw a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. "Or perhaps it's simply another form of sparring."

2. Hamtaro

Hamtaro Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    good story. I liked it. BTW you dont have to disclaimer

3. creelin

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I realized I'd forgotten the disclaimer and added it. Thanks!

4. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Good story Creelin! It is so sad to think of Obi-Wan having a loved one, but still being in exile. Hopefully they did get to meet up again? In the Force perhaps?

Anyway, I also liked how you stressed Obi-Wan not being able to just feel... and how he felt he needed to apologize for kissing Talen. It is such a precursor to his attitude with Anakin and Padmé, since he had a hard time accepting his own love.

Good job! :)

5. creelin

Aug 16, 2002
    Thanks CK.

I might do a few more vingettes with Talen and Obi-Wan. I haven't decided yet.

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Up! So others will read this great fic :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.