main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: Going Home (JA angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: Going Home
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: 1 year pre-TPM. Non-Slash. Obi-Wan cares for his injured master on the trip home from a mission gone bad.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

===========
    Going Home
    ===========

We're about two days out now. On our way home. My master was injured on this mission. He'll be okay, but the pain continues to come in waves. He took blaster fire to his shoulder and there are resulting bruises from when he was thrown backwards and landed hard on the exterior metal plank of the ship. Somehow I managed to get us both on the ship and away from the planet safely.

I spoke with Healer Terran. He's informed me as to what I must do for my master. Apply cool towels to his forehead and chest to combat any fever that may attack because of infection, and keep pressure on the shoulder wound. He also tells me to apply small amounts of bacta to the area, to assist in healing. I also must force cold liquids into him. So every hour, I help him tilt his head forward and hold a cup of chilled water to his lips. He drinks thirstily.

Master Qui-Gon is conscious most of the time and he gently scolds me. He tells me not to fuss over him and that I should be looking after my own wounds. Yes, I too was hit by enemy fire. Two shots grazed my leg below my knee, and another slid past my hip causing minor blood loss. But they are simple flesh wounds. My master needs my attention right now, despite his protests. If I can keep the threatening infection contained until we land...

He struggles as waves of pain rush through him, and he latches onto my hand with his own. The grip he holds is tight and I fight to keep from showing my discomfort. Finally the pain subsides and the hand that holds mine loosens. A grateful sigh escapes in a breath. With my free hand I pull the blanket up around his chest as chills begin to take over his body. Master Qui-Gon looks at me, his intense gaze boring into my own. He whispers to me in a hoarse voice.

"You need sleep, Padawan. Leave me be for a bit. I'll be okay."

I protest his request. "No, Master. Healer Terran told me what I have to do. We'll be home in two days. Once we are safe and you are being cared for, then I will see to myself. Don't argue with me, Master. You are in no condition to be fighting this. Relax and close your eyes."

A small smile lines his lips as he takes several deep breaths. "We will talk about your defiance later, Padawan."

"Yes, Master, I believe we will."

His head falls to one side and he groans slightly at a small biting pain that echoes the length of his arm. I offer my help.

"Master, you should be the one sleeping. Let me help you." Placing a hand to his forehead, I draw on the Force and gently send a sleep suggestion through our bond. In typical Qui-Gon fashion, he resists.

"Who's the defiant one now, Master?" I joke lightly.

"I've taught you everything you know, Obi-Wan."

"And the council is none to pleased with that I can assure you. But I need you to rest and conserve your strength."

He reaches up slowly and touches my face with his finger. A parental gesture from a man no one would have ever thought of as a father type. No one except me. I grab his hand as he reaches forward in the same action once more. "We're going home, Master. All will be well soon."

"Soon? Soon you will be a knight. Not much longer now. So proud, Obi-Wan. But I am not ready to let you go."

His weakened condition must be causing him to reflect on our years together. And I suppose he's been looking ahead lately. I recently turn

2. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    What a sweet, gentle narrative - demonstrating the quiet, lovely nature of the feelings between two who do not ordinarily allow those feelings to show - even to each other.

A very nice portrait of the kind of devotion one expects from two who are Jedi to the core.

Thanks for the treat.

CYN

4. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Yay! Obi put up a new story! :D And it was great! :D Makes me want to write JA! :D Again! :D *Too much caffiene so early in the day...* Great job!

5. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Very nice portrayal of the relationship between master and apprentice :) I love little fics like this, so heartwarming and caring. It gives me a nice mindset to face the day :)

Great job!

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys!

Cyn, thanks so much. Took me a long time to get this story where I wanted it. But I think I finally did.

Renton, YES you need to write JA again! Please!!!! :D Thanks for reading.

Shanobi, right after I posted this, I rememberd you had a story just finished with the same title. Yikes! But what a great story it was. Glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for the comments!

THANKS!
    Obi

7. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    :)

Very sweet, Obi. Sometimes I like the nice, non-torture ones better if they're like this. And nice demonstration of how the two care about each other. I find it's hard to write it that way. Nice job.

Like I've said before, I've always enjoyed your stories and look forward to them all. Keep it up.

~Swede :p

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Swede! I'm kinda the opposite...i have a harder time writing the torture type stuff and and easier time writing these short pieces. Fun for me. Thanks so much for reading!

Obi

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    As always OTK most enjoyable :) Simple yet beautiful. Nice.

10. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Let's all say it together now: AWWWWWW!

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Ginger and Kitty!

Thanks for reading.

Obi

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  13. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Aww- OTK that was beautiful... as always.

I just love the interaction between Obi and Qui... and I think MCK said it best...

AWWWW!

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very sweet. Great characterization. I really enjoyed it :)

15. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Lovely, OTK! That was a very nice Obi/Qui fic, warm, caring, and what we'd expect Obi and Qui to do when they're both injured!

Very nicely done!

16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Gotta keep them Qui-Obi fics alive! hehe Thanks to everyone for reading and for commenting. I do very much appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Obi

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  18. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Long Live Qui an' Obi! :D

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    YAY! Keep 'em alive and kickin!

20. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    AWWWW, this was SO sweet OTK. Lovely job. Really really heartwarming. I enjoyed reading it so much. Great work!

21. jedi-jenn

jedi-jenn Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Wonderful! I just love your sweet, simple, little stories, Obi! They are so enjoyable and just make me smile :)

Long live the Obi-Qui fics! ;)

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks Jenn and Wannabe! I'll keep writing as long as you guys are enjoying them! Thanks so much for the feedback!

Obi

23. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    AWWWWWWWW!

Yuck did I just say that? Oh well...something as good as this deserves a good AWW...even if I detest giving them... ;)

24. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That was very enjoyable to read. I love the caring between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I just came in from a week's vacation and find this to read. What a nice thing to read before I go to bed.

I love the Obi/Qui stories the best. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wants to keep writing them - or reading them. Please keep it up. :)

25. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Cascadia and Sabercrazy! Thanks for the comments. Seems this story went over a little better than I thought it would. I love writing Qui-Obi stories. Even more so now after seeing AOTC this summer. I'm glad there are still some Qui-Obi fans out there! YAY!

Thanks!
    Obi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.