main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where were you? (Post TPM/JA Obi, Ani and Qui) COMPLETEDOCT3/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ok I know that I have three other fics going but this one would not leave me alone. THIS DEALS WITH SEPTEMBER 11TH. IF THIS SUBJECT IS UNCOMFOTABLE FOR YOU STOP READING NOW!

Title: Where were you?
    Author: Arwen Jade Kenobi
    Genre: Drama
    rating: PG
    Summary: Anakin wants to know where Obi-Wan was the day that terrorism affected everyone.
    Authors Note: Deals with September 11, if you think that I'm an unsensitve person for writing this I apologize. If this topic bothers you, don't read it.

Ninth Month eleventh day: Kenobi/Skywalker Residence
    07:30hrs

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight, straightened out his Jedi robes and picked up the candle that each member of the Jedi Order had been given a week ago.

There would be a candle light vigil commencing at 0800 to comemorate the day that the Courscant Trade Towers had been struck and destroyed sixteen years ago. Obi-Wan could still see the flames and the smoke.

The look on Qui-Gon's face when he had seen that his apprentice was still alive...

Obi-Wan was brought back to the moment by the sound of his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, walking into the quarters. He was holding himself with the slight exhasperation of most of the young Padawans who were not alive to see the atrocity for them selves.

"Anakin," he chided. "This is very important, we must remember the thousands who were killed today."

The apprentice nodded, the Knight noticed the look in the boy's eyes. Like he wanted to ask him something, but wasn't sure how.

"Go ahead Ani." he said. "Ask and I'll answer as best I can."

Anakin nodded and sat down on Obi-Wan's sleep couch. "Where were you when it happened?" he asked.

Obi-Wan bit his lip then sat down across from his Padawan. "I was actually there." he said.

THe look on Anakin's face was of pure horror as Obi-Wan continued, drifting back into his memory. When he himself was fourteen years old...
    -----------------

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great start wingmate more soon?

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Please add more!

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    up up and away!!!!

5. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
  6. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Great start!

Please post more soon

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Thank you all...i don't have much time so this will be short
    -------------
    Ninth month, Eleventh day (sixteen years earlier)
    06: 55hrs

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan, was up and about early this morning. Himself and his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, were going to dowtown Courscant to help one of the Republic Senators with recent trade issues. qui-Gon would be staying to help with the paper work while Obi-Wan would run back and forht between the Trade Towers and the Senate building with the appropriate information.

Obi-Wan was excited, he'd never been inside the Courscant Trade Towers before. It would be a lot of work, collecting all the recent trade statistics, but he was willing to do it. He wondered why they wanted Jedi to do this, he would ask his Master that question later.

"Obi-Wan, are you ready?" called Qui-Gon from the hallway.

"Coming Master!" he yelled back and exited their appartment and into the corridor

------------------

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A great way to remember those we lost

9. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Hope you have more time today.

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Kitara: Thanks!

Jodiwent: I tend to steal time more often ;)

-----------------------
    Qui-Gon stoood waiting for him, his face was a mask but the Padawan could tell that Qui-Gon was none to pleased with meddling in trade affairs. He was a man of action, paperwork was an obcene swearword to him.

"Well you certainly look happy," observed Qui-Gon. "Even though you had to get up an 'unholy hour of the day.'"

Obi-Wan shrugged. "I've never been in those towers, it's a change."

The Jedi Master nodded his approval. "Well we'd best be going, we don't want to be late."

The Padawan nodded intently, ignoring the sense that something was going to go horribly wrong.
    --------------
    08:30hrs

Qui-Gon Jinn grtit his teeth as he tried to explain for the upteenth time why the Republic's Trade relations with Nal Hutta were strained.

Hal Wenix was the none two bright Financial advisor to the Chancellor, how this man ever got to be in that position eluded Qui-Gon. He guessed it was a special favor or a bribe.

He looked at the papers that Obi-Wan had dropped off for him and handed them to the Wenix. "Can you get the rest of them?" he asked his apprentice.

"Sure." he repiled. "Just let me catch my breath first."

qui-Gon chuckled to himself as Obi-Wan leaned against the wall, a few seconds went by before he left again.

"Back in a flash!" he promised.
    -----------------

11. MysticalMagic

MysticalMagic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    "Back in a flash!" shall we say...

"I have a bad feeling about this"

Being an Aussie I don't really have the expertise on commenting on something to do with September 11, but I must say that writing a story about it like this seems the perfect way to pay tribute. I love your story so far.
    *MM*

12. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Hmm this looks interesting. Fantastic start Arwen.
    BTW I love the line in your sig how Torturing an innocent boy is the mark of a dark, twisted mind... Tee hee. [face_devil]

13. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Oh wow. Really original. I like it. Great way to remember 9/11

14. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Great idea Arwen and very fitting right now. Please continue.

Obi

15. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Excellent start, Arwen...

A fitting remeberance of 9/11...

More soon, I hope. :)

16. Mysticshill

Mysticshill Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    Looks good so far.

I'll definatly check in for more.

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Mystical: ditto on that

Wannabe: thanks (on both accounts)

Kitty: Thanks a lot

Obi: I sure will

sheleigh: how does now sound?

Mystics: thanks
    -----------------
    08:43

Obi-Wan finally got up to the 90th floor of the first tower, the liftube ride took for ever but it he managed.

He walked to the front desk, it was by a window. He could see the blue sky and skyscrapers in the distance.

"Can I help you?" asked the Bothan behind the desk.

"Yes I need the yearly trade group standings, I'm on an arrand for the Financial advisor." he explained.

The Bothan nodded. "Hold on, I'll need to print it out first."

Obi-Wan nodded, content to watch the transports fly by.

But he didn't think that that one should be so low...

Then he saw that it was coming right towards the building.

"MOVE!!" yelled Obi-Wan, even that was not fast enough. The sounds of explosions and screaming durasteel filled the the building. The small front desk was crushed and Obi-Wan had been thrown across the room with the impact.

Screams where heard all through the floor, Obi-Wan stood up wincing. His ankle was sprained.

The lights went out and the harsh red emergency lights came on. "Down the stairs!" someone yelled.

Obi-Wan threw a look around the room, everyone was either alive or dead on this floor, the others were another matter.

But he couldn't help if he was dead, and he didn't expect this tower to remain standing for long.
    -------------------
    Meanwhile

"Representitive Wenix," said Qui-Gon calmly. "You've added that whole row wrong, you'll need to do it over."

Hal Wenix muttered a few curse words as he erased the neat row of numbers, and started going again.

Qui-Gon took the break in conversation to look out the window.

Just in time to see a transport slam into one of the towers.

Qui-Gon's heart seemed to stop, he didn't know which tower Obi-Wan had gone to or which floor. He saw Hal stand up behind him.

"Oh Sith." was all he could say, he ran to the com and started calling his colegues.

Qui-Gon left the room, running to get to an air taxi and quick
    -----------------

18. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Great story so far!

Post more

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    wow great posts Arwen more soon?

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    keep going

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    UP UP AND AWAY!!!!

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    08:47hrs

Obi-Wan Kenobi ran down the stairs of the building as fast as he legs could carry him, without causing the spained ankle to twist or break.

There was nothing but panic on the stairwell, screams of terror echoing down the small space. Obi-Wan tried his best to help anyone he saw that had fallen down, but he knew he had to get out as fast as he could.

Minutes passed like eternities, before he got out of the building. As soon as he was far enough away, he saw anothe transport hit the second tower.

He crouched into a ball, pulling the Force around himself and the others around him to stop any falling debris from landing on them. As soon as he was sure that the danger, for the moment, had passed he released the force shield. He saw emergency workers comming and ran to them.

"Are you lost kid?" one of them asked.

Obi-Wan grabbed his Padawan braid and held it out for them to see. "I want to help."

The workers looked at each other and nodded. "Fine but if it gets bad we're sending you out. I don't want to deal with your Master."
    -------------------
    Meanwhile

"Can't this thing go any faster!!" demanded Qui-Gon of the air taxi driver. "My apprentice is in that thing!"

"Look Jedi, I'm going as fast as I can." said the driver. "Even if there was no traffic it will still take a half hour."

Qui-Gon threw himself back into his seat, half an hour! In that time, who knows what could happen to Obi-Wan and the countless other beings in that building.

He tired to reach out to his Padawan, but there was so much fear and anger in the air that it was interfearing with his conncection to the Force.

Minutes later, Qui-Gon looked up and saw another transport coming in too close for comfort.

Oh please not again

It slamed into the other building, envelopping it in a cloud of smoke and fire. He could see people jumping out the windows, to chose death by falling than by incineration.

Please hold on Obi-Wan, be alive when I reach you

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
  24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    if it get's bad we're sending you out. I don't want to deal with your master very smart rescue worker :)

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great post wingmate more soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.