main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As The Force Wills: This is the story of a two year old Qui-Gon Jinn.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Velvet_Elfin, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Standard disclaimer: The Star Wars Universe belongs to George Lucas. I am only playing with his toys for a little while and I make no money from my little adventure. Ber-Lyn Almo and Trevilin Teal belong to me with all of their faults, as does his Master Jarris Jinn.

A/N: This was posted before full of errors. Thank you Rogue Jedi and My Master Darth_Solent for the Beta. This has been reworked for your enjoyment.

Feedback: Praise is good. Constructive criticism is better. No Flames Please.

As the Force Wills

The tall man paced the common area of the living quarters he shared with his two-year-old son while they were on this Force-forsaken planet. Ber-Lyn was angry. He was to meet a potential client in twenty minutes.

The woman who had been recommended to watch his son was late again. Ber-Lyn had lost three jobs due to her lack of punctuality. He was a stickler for keeping your word if you made it. Ber-Lyn was tired of relying on strangers and people he had just met for basic needs.

Maybe, he considered it was time to take another wife. This idea hurt his heart, but his mind knew it was the only logical choice. The need for female companionship and his son needed a woman?s care as they moved from planet to planet. Ber-Lynn wasn?t able to give up his life as a shuttle pilot and there hadn?t been much need to do so until now. Six months before an indigenous rat like creature bit his wife causing her death and leaving him alone with their two-year-old son.

Ber-Lyn had wasted another ten minutes worrying about things that couldn?t be changed and then gave up all hope that the woman would show. This caused him to make one of his most irrational decisions since becoming a parent. Ber-Lyn would take his son with him to the meeting. The boy was a quiet child who almost never cried or made much of a fuss. They needed the money that this run would provide. Missing the last three charters put a large strain on the finances. Taking a child to a bar was not the wisest of decisions, but Ber-Lyn was left with little choice.

In the few minutes left to him Ber-Lyn set about getting ready for the trip across town. Pulling a chunk of meat and some milk from the cooling unit he added to it a piece of a hard roll. Ber-Lyn was grateful that his son had not taken his nap today. It would make things easier if the boy fell asleep while his father did business. Ber-Lyn placed a pillow, a blanket, and the food in a large basket, picked up his son with his other arm and headed out the door.

As the small body nestled against the large shoulder of his father the man pointed out objects for the boy to see. Ber-Lyn said their name and waited patiently for the child to repeat the words. This was a favorite game for the little boy. Looking at the small bundle in his arms he thought about the boy?s beloved mother. He missed her. His son took after his mother in so many ways. They were both quiet but full of life, the same brilliant blue eyes, and he had his mother?s gentle smile. Ber-Lyn noted the boy would have his coloring and his height as he grew up. A chuckle escaped his lips the little one would have no trouble attracting women when he was older.

Until he became a father his dislike of children seemed unreasonable and Ber-Lyn had no time for them until they were teenagers. Yet his son was different. The child did not irritate him. Yes, he knew that all fathers or mothers said the same thing about their children. His son was always the quietest of any person in a crowd; this was unusual because the boy was always happy whether in a group or alone.

He entered the tavern and nodded to the barkeep knowing that he looked odd carrying a child into a bar. Ber-Lyn headed straight to the back where the regulars would notice him less. He had no time to spare but fortunately the men he was there to meet were also running behind and he was definitely grateful because it gave him time to set up the bed for his son.

The tall man took the food from the basket, then placed his son on the pillow and handed the boy the m

2. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Very good, Padawan!! Qui is SO cute! I've never read a story when he's that young! You did very well with it. Keep it up!!!

((Solent))

3. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Up!

((Solent))

4. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Thank you Master.

5. Amyrlin

Amyrlin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    I like the story.

6. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Thank you Amyrlin.

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Lovely!!! I like this story a lot and am eager to see more if you have it for us!!! I like the characters, and love how you are portraying Qui-Gon, it is just how I would have imagined Qui as a kid. Excellent work, grandpadawan.

8. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Thank you G_Master it means a lot that you liked it. There will be more soon.

Velvet

9. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  10. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I really like the way you designed Qui-Gon's past, its really good. :)

i will be looking forward to reading future parts of your story. :) ;) :)

11. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I like this! More? :D

12. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
  13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This is great :)

14. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002

Jacen200015 Thank you :)

JediClare I am glad you liked it. the next adventure is Qui at 4 that will be posted soon. Thank you for the up. :)

PadawankitaraThanks :D

Velvet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.