main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mending a Battered Heart -JA-Vignettes- UPDATED 05/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Summary This is another scene I would have liked to see in the JA books.After book #7 The Captive Temple did Qui-Gon ever help Obi-Wan deal with Bruck's death?

Dedicated to Sheleigh for giving me the plot bunny! :)

Disclaimers Lucas owns Star Wars and Watson JA.

Staring sightlessly out of the large bay window,Qui-Gon Jinn's blue eyes followed the stream of traffic without really being aware of it.His thoughts were tied up by much more important matters.

His former Apprentice,Xanatos was once again stirring up trouble.Not only for him this time but for the Order as a whole.

Not only had Xanatos been able to steal onto Jedi grounds and almost succeed in blowing the Temple up but he had also corrupted a young initiate and as a result the boy had died.

Sighing heavily Qui-Gon leaned forward and pressed his forehead against the cool glass.His second Apprentice, and also now a former one as well, had been battling the boy at the time and now carried the burden of his rivals death in his heart.

The Knight was at a loss as to how to help Obi-Wan through the traumatic event.And was it even still his responsibility?

Obi-Wan Kenobi was no longer technically his Padawan and may never be again.The Council had placed him on probation for leaving the Order and Qui-Gon himself was unsure whether or not he could ever take the boy back again.

He laughed dryly to himself.Who was he really fooling with this act of his?His heart was screaming for him to take the boy back,consequences be damned.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was special and the bond they shared was apparently strong enough to withstand anything.

His thoughts were interrupted by the familiar tapping sound that slowly approached.Shutting his eyes tightly he addressed the new arrival without turning around.

"Master Yoda."

"Turmoil surrounds you Qui-Gon." The Jedi Master stated.

Slowly Qui-Gon turned to face Yoda and gave him a brief nod.

"I know the Council disagrees with my decision but I must stop Xanatos." He said firmly.

Slitted green eyes studied him penetratingly.

"And young Kenobi?" Yoda quiered.

"He has decided to accompany me."

The Jedi Master seemed to deflate a little.

"Troubled the boy is. Healers have been unable to get him to open up.Highly poisonous this quilt.Release it he must or destroy him it can." Yoda warned.

"Ive tried to get him to talk about it but he just shuts down." Qui-Gon said worriedly. "I don't know what else to do."

"Mourned the death has he?" Yoda inquired curiously.

Qui-Gon frowned as he thought back over the last few days.Obi-Wan had been quiet,edgy and morose,but the knight couldn't recall ever seeing him shed a tear.

"Not that I know of.Not in front of anyone at least." He finally admitted.

"Each Padawan is unique.While words may work with one,fail they may with another." Yoda advised.

Qui-Gon blinked several times as he mulled over Yoda's riddle.

Xanatos had never been an emotionally or physically demonstrative Apprentice.He had in many ways been alot like Qui-Gon in that regard.Probably one of the reasons they had gotten along so well over the years together.

In the short time he had been with Obi-wan he had allready come to the conclusion that the boy craved affection.Touch in particular seemed to be very important to Obi-Wan.

Something as simple as a gentle tug on his braid could light up his ever changing eyes.A hand on his shoulder or back,and a wide smile would break over his face filling the recipient of it with a feeling of euphoria.

In return the boy was forever finding reasons for having to give those around him a quick hug or a gentle brush of his hand on theirs.

Qui-Gon suddenly straightened as the answer hit him in between the eyes.

He and the Healers had spent the last few days babbling incessantly at Obi-Wan.All along the boy had been pleading with his melancoly eyes for one of them to hold him.

A sharp poke in his knee with a gimmer stick drew his attention back to the Jedi Master.

"Why do you stand here? Go!" Yoda

2. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *cocks head at post* what a lovely...fic? *whispers to random passer-byer* Where is it?
    Random person: I don't know...leave me alone...

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Um...you forgot a couple of words. ?[face_plain]

4. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    am I supposed to make an acceptance speech before the fic actually goes up? 8-}

Seriously though, I can't wait to read it... even though I'm clueless to the reason it's for me. :)

*camps out waiting calmly*

Edit: Oh wait- did you use that little idea about the infamous talk?

Postively can't wait to read it...

*sits back down*

8-}

5. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :p Smart butts! :D

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Very touching "missing scene"!

If only this would have been the Qui-Gon in the books and movie... I might actually like the guy!

7. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Aw, I liked it! [face_love] [face_love]

That's it, you've turned into one of my fave authors, so from now on, I'll stalk you, okay? :D [face_devil]

And since you're up for requests, how about rewriting JA #8? Or many scenes in JA #6? :)

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Wonderful obi_ew!

This is such a good idea. Putting right all that JW did wrong :D

I've got a request for ya--how about a missing scene from the end of JA #3? You know when Obi is captured and almost mind-wiped and Qui is feeling all guilty and realizes he does care for the boy.

What happened after all the commotion died down and before they got to Gala?? Qui opening up to Obi about his feelings, his fear for him and his surprise at the boys ingenuity? Huh, huh? Could be a really sweet scene :D

That was one of my fave JA books, but there was no closure between Qui and Obi as far as their feelings during that time. If anyone can do it, it's you obi_ew :D

9. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Oh, Obi_ew that was beautiful!

See! That is how JW should have written Qui-Gon... caring, if not a little confused! (and it was nice to see Yoda whack the man around a bit)

And it was also wonderful to see that Obi-Wan wasn't a stoic or angry child- he has emotions... another thing that JW forgot... hmm...

I just loved the little bit of mush... *sighs contendly*

Now- do you care to do the whole of the JA books? 8-}

Bravo! :)

10. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Awww! I loved it. I think Jude destroyed the characters...great books though...you did a much better job with Qui though.

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That was great, obi_ew! I like your Qui-Gon. These little vignettes are wonderful. Perhaps you should redo the whole JA series.

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Aww, that was very sweet. I liked the way that Yoda gave Qui-Gon a small hint, and Qui-Gon was able to figure out for himself what Obi-Wan really needed, instead of having somebody just throw it in his face.

And I agree with Shanobi's suggestion about the end of JA #3. Go for it!

13. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    You guys sure know these books well. I have to go diligenty search for something.

In The Deadly Hunter, JA 11, on pg 6, when Didi hugs Qui-Gon, it says that Obi-Wan is surprised and can't believe it, because Obi-Wan had never seen anyone hug his master before. It would be nice to write something where Qui-Gon hugs Obi-Wan for the first time.

14. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    What a way for me to start off a day at work. Very very nicely done. Not overly mushy...but real emotions.

Great job!!!

Obi

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Hey did anybody else lose their icon? What's up with that?

Kelly Kenobi Thank you for reading and reviewing! :)

Jedi_Suzuran Moi with a stalker? As long as your reading and reviewing it's fine by me! :D As for #6 I did another little post like this called A Moment of Peace.You might want to check it out if you can find it now! :D

shanobi Number # 3 huh? Have to go back and brush up on it! ;)

Sheleigh Big thanks for the bunny.Glad it turned out okay,I wasn't sure. [face_blush]

MCK I actually enjoyed the books simply because they were about Obi.Didn't care for Jinn in them but the books were okay.Thanks for reading. :)

Cascadia Dang another plot bunny! [face_laugh]

Jane Jinn Qui can be pretty smart when he wants too! :D

Obi the Kid You can surf at work? :eek: Must be nice! Glad you liked!

Now for a brief word.I really enjoy these little stories alot and was planning to continue doing them for awhile but now I'm not sure if I want to bother.Why you ask? Because I've posted two of them and for some reason they both have gotten me temporarily banned! Dunno why.If anyone has a clue please let me know so I can avoid it in the future.Until then I probably won't post anymore. Thanks for reading and commenting though I really do appreciate it. :D [face_love]

16. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Banned?!? [face_shocked]

I have no clue, obi_ew. (by the way, that rhymed :D) Did you ask the mod who banned you?

17. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Banned? :confused: I can't think of why...

I agree with Cascadia- probably try the mod who banned you...

I lost my icon earlier... I think it was because they are doing icon maitenance...

18. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    :eek: :eek:

Why would you be banned? :_|

That sort of sucks.
    And I lost my icon too, this morning, for some reason. :mad:

And oh goodie, I can stalk you! [face_love]
    I read your other piece but didn't review. I'll do it now.

*** FABULOUS ***

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas and Sheleigh Nope I didn't ask.It was only overnight so i haven't worried too much about it.Just kinda sucks cause you can't respond to people right away.I have an idea of what it could be so if or when I post another I'll change it and see what happens. ;)

Jedi_Suzuran Glad you found it and enjoyed! I liked that one alot! Let the stalking commence! [face_laugh]

Have a good night people.I have to go stay over night with Ma and Pa cause of plumbing problems here at home. :mad: I'll most likely have puter withdraw! Oh well I can always write huh? :D

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    banned?? say it ain't so- It doesn;t make any sense- ask the moderator, who probably should have explained it at the time you were banned!

Please Please Please keep writing more of these little gems.

21. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    An Absolute diamond - released from the rough
    Reb

22. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
  23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Padawan Kitara I don't understand why they don't tell you either.How can you not do whatever it was again if you don't know what it was? ?[face_plain] Did that make any sense? :D I will most likely try another since I received two very interesting plot bunnies! :)

REBADAMS7 Aw shucks! [face_blush] Thank you very much!

Renton Kenobi Love the name! :D Thanks for the boost! :)

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Author's note Well it seems that I'm a glutton for punishment! :D If this one get's me banned I may just retreat into my Ewan Shrine and cry myself to sleep,vowing never to post here again! ;)

Summary This is my interpretation of the ending of book number 3 of a certain series.If you haven't read this book my fic may not make sense.

Dedication Shan this one is for you for throwing me the plot bunny.Hope it comes somewhere near where you would have liked it to. :)

Disclaimers I do not own the Star Wars or Jedi Apprentice characters,nor do I make any money off of them.They belong to Lucas and Watson.

Keeping My Dreams

Entering the rec area of the transport Qui-Gon glanced back at Obi-Wan and raised a curious eyebrow at the wide smile that split the boy's face. Catching sight of the look his Apprentice merely shook his head and dropped into a chair bonelessly with a loud sigh.

"Phew.I'm beat!" He confided to his Master.

Fighting back a small grin Qui-Gon's sharp gaze noted the dark smudges under the boy's eyes and the haunted look that shimmered under the surface.Folding his arms across his chest the Jedi was once again reminded of the feelings he had felt when he found out that Obi-Wan had undergone the memory wipe.

Feelings that a Jedi learned early on to control and release before they could be used against them.They had all overwhelmed him.

Anquish,fear,worry and most prominent,anger.

Obi-Wan was his Padawan learner.His responsibility to protect from harm if at all possible.He had failed miserably.

Taking a seat directly across from the boy Qui-Gon studied his hands as he tried to find the words to express himself.

"Obi-Wan I want to apologize to you." He stated quietly.

When silence greeted his announcement he glanced up to find his Padawan watching him with a bemused look on his face.

"Apologize for what Master?' Obi-Wan asked.

"I should have gone after you right away." Qui-Gon told him . "You should never have been left there over night."

Obi-Wan was shaking his head even before Qui-Gon finished.

"Master you did what you had to.The mission was too important for you to take a risky chance.I understand that completely." He assured his Master.

Staring into the chameleon eyes, Qui-Gon saw only truth and acceptance shining back at him.Although a burden seemed to be lifted he felt it was past time for him to open up to the boy.

Hesitantly he reached over and clasped one of Obi-Wan's hands tightly while maintaining eye contact.

"Padawan I want you to understand how worried I was about you.I just kept imagining you with all of your memories and training stolen from you.Picturing over and over the type of life you would have had.It was unimaginable." He admitted in a gruff voice.

Obi-Wan's eyes widened in surprise at his Master's unusual show of emotion and vulnerability.This was a side of Qui-Gon Jinn he never would have imagined existed.Slightly unsure how to respond he settled for squeezing the hand holding his tightly.

"I truly thought Obi-Wan Kenobi was gone.Your smile,your charm and your sense of humor." Qui-Gon continued. "That quick mind and hunger for knowledge.The thought of it all wiped from the galaxy was more then I could bear."

As the words settled between them,Obi-Wan gifted his Master with one of his infamous grins.

"Thank you for sharing that with me.It means more then you can imagine." He assured his mentor.

Returning the smile,Qui-Gon sat back.

"How did you manage to do it Padawan?I've heard of Jedi being able to lessen the effects but never defeating them completely." He asked curiously.

Blue-grey eyes took on a faraway look as Obi-Wan forced himself to relive the experience.

"At first I was full of fear and ready to just give up." He admitted with a sense of shame.

Shaking off the feeling he reached into his tunic and pulled out the riverstone Qui-Gon had given him on his thirteenth birthday.Cradling the smooth black stone in his palm he held it up so that the

25. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Sweet, sweet, sweet. :) The interaction and dialogue was very, very nice, obi_ew.

Please write more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.