main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Prequel Notes with Kimmer (AU version of a story between Obi and Qui)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    This story follows the same storyline as all the other Nebula fics.

Nebula played the part of Qui-Gon for the first 23 notes.

Amidala_wanabe was going to take over from there, but never replied. For that reason, Kimmer took the rest of them (from 23 to the end).

Note 1:
    Master Qui-Gon,

Hello. Did I hear this right?.are we supposed to go to Naboo and be ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor?

What do you expect from this? I think something fishy is going on?..I?m not exactly sure what it is, but I sense something?.a disturbance in the Force or something. There is something that is not right, Master.

Your Padawan,

Obi-Wan

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

I do not sense any disturbance in the Force. You must focus on here and now. Do not let your mind wonder.

Yes, we're supposed to go to Naboo and be ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor. You heard correctly. Now, you must get ready to leave. We'll be leaving shortly.

Qui-Gon

3. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Master Qui-Gon,

Yes, I know master??I have to focus on the here and now.? But sometimes I feel that you concentrate TOO much on the here and now. Sometimes when a Jedi feels a disturbance they should look into it. I?m sorry?.I didn?t mean to say that. You ARE my master.

I just finished packing my things. I?ll be waiting at the ship for you. Do you need any help with anything?

Obi-Wan

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

I don't sense anything, so whatever you're sensing shouldn't be anything. Now we have a mission to complete, I'll meet you at the ship. Don't let your feeling control you, Padawan, you must control whatever you're feeling and sensing, understand?
    No, I don't need help with anything, thanks for asking. I'm on my way.

Qui-Gon

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Master Qui-Gon,

All right. I?m sorry that I got distracted?it must be nothing. I?m talking about the thing I ?sensed.?

Well we?re off and on our way to Naboo now. How do you think the negotiations will go?

When you get my next letter we should be already with the Trade Federation. Do you think the conditions on Naboo are as bad as Queen Amidala makes them out to be?

Obi-Wan

6. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,
    These Trade Federations types are cowards, the negotiations will be short.

I don't know why the queen would lie about the invasion, so I do think it's as bad as she had said. We must hope these negotiations works, or it could lead to war.

You're forgiven about your 'bad feeling', just remember, concentrate on here and now, don't like your mind wonder.

Qui-Gon

7. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Master Qui-Gon,

Well we?ve arrived at the Trade Federation Control Ship. The ?negotiations? are now over. You were right about one thing, Master, the negotiations WERE short.

I can?t believe that the Trade Federation would have tried to KILL us. It doesn?t sound like them. If they are so cowardly, they wouldn?t have tried it. I?m sorry, Master, but something not right is going on here. I don?t know, but I think something else is behind their movements. What do you think?

Well I just got onto one of their invasion army ships. I trust that you are also safe. I will see you down on the planet.

Your Padawan,
    Obi-Wan

8. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

I think you're right, there is something behind the Trade Federations' actions. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something. Be on guard at all times, and remember, concentrate on here and now. Don't forget to turn off the power on your lightsaber, you tend to do that.

Qui-Gon

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

I always am on guard, master. I will try to concentrate on the here and now?but it?s not the easiest for me. Maybe we should have the Senate look into this Trade Federation problem. There is obviously SOMETHING behind the Trade Federation?s move?.we both agree, and this has gone beyond negotiations??they tried to KILL us.

Yeah, I know?I know?..I always forget to turn off the power on my lightsaber. You think I would learn?.but it?s faster to ignite if I don?t. I think I?ve learned my lesson now.

Well now that we?re down on the ground?and have escaped from the Trade Federation droid army?.what is this strange looking thing with us? It?s really annoying?.I wish it would just go back to where it came from. I mean?.I?m glad it took us to it?s city?.but it was basically a waste of time. The Gungans didn?t help us. Why can?t we just leave this creature somewhere? It?s really annoying. Those beasts in the planets core were not fun to deal with.

I got your last letter too late and I forgot to turn off the power on my lightsaber. It got wet so it wouldn?t work. Thanks for destroying that droid for me. I wonder what direction the Naboo capital is in.

Do you have any idea what we can do next?

Your Padawan,
    Obi-Wan

10. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

We're going to try and get to Theed, and hopefully the Trade Federation hasn't reached it yet. If so, we're going to have to rescue the queen (rescue the damsel in distress {don't even think about it}), and get her to Coruscant. That is the best thing I could think of. Lets just hope that the Trade Federation is as slow as they are stupid, and we'll be able to get out of here with the queen without any problems.

You forgot to turn off your lightsaber power...again? Well, it's going to take some cleaning, and let power recharge, and then you shouldn't have a problem. Just don't do it again. I knew you would do it sooner or later; maybe I should have reminded you sooner. Oh well.

That 'strange looking thing' is a Gungan, named Jar-Jar-Binks. He says he owes me his life after he crazily jumped on me because he was scared out of his wits when those droids were destroying the forest. After that he wouldn't leave me alone, than I had to 'save' your life, and you know the rest of the story. I would chase him off, but I sense that he will be of help for us later on.

Well, it looks like Jar-Jar is going to get himself into trouble. Must go and stop him before he does.

Qui-Gon

11. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

I couldn?t believe that the Invasion Army was already in Theed by the time we got to the Queen. I?m glad that the droids were leading the queen away while we sneaked along that walkway above and were able to jump down and rescue the queen and her advisors. I don?t think that they were too impressed with us?.since the negotiations obviously failed, as they see things?..even though we know they never took place. I don?t think they are accepting our leadership very well?.they seem hesitant about taking our advice.

I?m glad that Queen Amidala decided to go to Naboo?.although she seemed to be relying too much on that one handmaiden. Maybe she is too young to be queen.

While I freed the pilots, you were able to get to one of the ships. I was glad for that. Did you notice something just before we left? There was one droid who had it?s top part cut off, but was still walking around on it?s legs. I thought that was a little funny.

Well we still have to get passed the blockade all in once piece. What do you think our chances are?

I stayed up late last night to clean my lightsaber. It?s working fine now?obviously, or I wouldn?t have been able to use it against the droids that were holding the pilots. I?ll try not to do it again, master.

Do you think Jar-Jar has much intelligence? I doubt that he does. He?s annoying. I wish we could have left him on Naboo. He?s just going to get in our way. You said that you sense he will be of help to us later on. I don?t sense anything except annoyance coming from him.

Obi-Wan

12. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

I also sense that the Queen is very hesitant in taking our advise. It could be because she's very young, and never seen/met a Jedi, or that she is still too young and does not know whose advise to take in time of war. I'm glad she took ours.

I'm also glad she decided to come with us to CORUSCANT, not Naboo. You said Naboo in your last letter, and I wanted to correct you, because if you don't get your planets right, then you're heading for the data pads when complete this mission. I want you to know the right planets with the right names.

I saw that topless droid, and I must say that was somewhat humorous. With that droid I guess you could say that it got so scared that it lost its head.

I'm not completely sure what our chances to get pass the blockade are. This ship is surely not a fighter, that's not too good in times like this. Let's just let the Force guide us, and whatever happens, happens there's no stopping the Force.

I'm sure Jar-Jar has some intelligence, somewhere. He may not show it right now, but it's there. I just wonder how long it will be until he does something intelligent, hopefully not too long. I agree, he can be annoying at times, but it is good to practice patience. With him around that's what we have to do, now go meditate on it.

Qui-Gon

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

We are used to people that trust us because we are Jedi. She has probably never interacted with a Jedi before, so she does not have that trust. I am glad that she took our advice in leaving too.

Master, you well knew what I meant. I meant Coruscant, but I accidentally wrote Naboo. I make mistakes sometimes when I think faster than I can write. You well know that I know the difference between the two planets. You did not have to lecture me on that. I admit I made a mistake. Can you just let it go?

No offense, master, but I suggest that you leave the jokes to someone else. What you said wasn?t THAT funny. Good attempt at trying.

Well we were able to get passed the blockade. That R2-D2 was built very well, don?t you think?

I have been looking at the readouts on the ship, and I?m sorry to say this, but the hyperdrive appears to be leaking. We don?t have enough power to get us to Coruscant. I know that we?re going to have to stop somewhere to repair the ship. I?ve been scanning the charts, and I found one planet which is called Tatooine. It?s out of the way, and it?s not too far for the ship to go. I calculated the amount of power that it would take to get us there. A few things about this planet: first of all it?s a desert planet, it?s not part of the Republic, it has no Trade Federation control, it?s controlled by the Maurders (more specifically the Hutts), and there are a lot of dealers known to be there. It?s out of the way, and we?re not likely to draw attention to ourselves there. Most of the people that live there are moisture farmers.

What do you think? I can continue looking for planets, but I think this one is as good as any that we may find. I recommend it. Now I realize you?ll have to discuss it with the queen and her advisors, but I do not think that we can do any better.

I don?t know about Jar-Jar. Just looking over at him?.I think it will take 10 years before he does anything intelligent. I know that?s rather harsh, but you have to admit?.all right, I?ll go meditate on what you have said. But first, we must find out what to do now.

Your Padawan,
    Obi-Wan

14. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

You believe that there is no other planet we can make it to with our leaking hyperdrive? I don't think landing on a planet controlled by the Hutts/Maurders, and isn't a part of the Republic is the safest planet to land on, when you on a queen on broad the ship. If there is nothing else, I suppose Tatooine will have to do.

Yes, R2 was a very well built droid, and I'm glad he was able to fix what he could with the ship and not get blown away like the other droids.

Yes, Jar-Jar isn't the smartest being in the galaxy, but what do you except Obi-Wan? Now, I believe this is a very good way to practice your patience, which is much needed.

I agree that we're too used to people trusting us, so that would maybe explain the Queen acting 'strange' to us. She's young and unsure, but hopefully she will continue trusting our judgment about what to do. Surely the caption wouldn't help her much. You've seen how he reacts when we suggest things.

All right I won't lecture you about the Coruscant and Naboo mistake, but I thought I should point it out, because getting two planets mixed up can cause a major problem when you're on a very important mission.

Your Master,
    Qui-Gon

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Master Qui-Gon,

Well I suppose if you cannot find the replacement part here, we could go to another nearby planet, but I don?t see the need to. There are not very many planets out here with much to offer, and I felt that Tatooine was as good a planet as any around here. Are you not finding anything?

We have little choice. Most of the Republic controlled planets have some Trade Federation presence of some kind. It almost seems as if it were designed by someone??that all the Republic planets have Trade Federation presence. She is as safe as she would be if we were to land on a Republic planet, but the Hutts and Maurders are not looking for her, which means that I think it is better than if Trade Federation individuals were looking for her, don?t you?

Didn?t the pilot of our ship build R2-D2? I thought I heard someone say that. His name is Ric Olie. Had he been blown away like the other droids, we would not be alive now, master. The Trade Federation ships would have shot us down.

So you brought Jar-Jar along just so that I could practice my patience. Sigh?..well at least I?m on the ship and Jar-Jar is with you for now. I can at least relax without him being around. Can?t you just leave Jar-Jar here? LOL. I know you can?t do that?.but he is so annoying.

Yes, Captain Panaka is not very trusting of us either. I know he is only trying to advise her best. Life will go on. What do you think about that one handmaiden Padme? She seems to have a little too much influence on the Queen?s decisions, don?t you think?

We need to draw a distinction between mixing up two planets and a simple mistake. First of all, mixing up two planets suggests confusion and not knowing what planet is what. Mistakes happen to everyone. I was THIKING one planet and said the other, but I KNOW the difference between the planets. I did not confuse them?I only said the wrong thing. I knew what I was talking about, and I knew what I meant; it just came out wrong. You well know that I know the difference between Coruscant and Naboo. I?ve only been living on Coruscant my entire life?.there is no way I can get that confused with another planet.

How are things going for you? Back at the ship, there?s nothing really that?s been going on. Nothing interesting, anyway.

Your Padawan,
    Obi-Wan

16. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

I was able to find this junk shop, and spoke with the owner. I found the part we need, but he wants money and not credits, and since credits are all I have, I did the Jedi mind-trick on him, but surprisingly it didn't work, so I tried again. For some reason that didn't work either, so I gave up. We need to get some money to buy that part, or we'll have to get to another planet that will take credits, because there aren't any other junk shops here. Tell me if you find anything that will be of value that we can sell, or something.

Yes, I know Jar-Jar is annoying, don't you think I tried to get rid of him when I first met him? Well, I did, but he insisted that he owed me his life, and you came along, and you know the rest. So, YES, I know he's annoying, but I'm not going to leave him here on a desert planet when he is from an underwater city. Don't you think that would be a bit cruel? Yes, he's with me, because one, I decided to give you a break, so he won't annoy you, and two, I don't think you'll be able to handle him. He's VERY mischievous. Be thankful he's not with you now, because I can take him back to the ship, and you to watch him, meaning NEVER let him out of your sight. I don't think you'll want that, so he's with me...for now.

Padme is very...I don't know, strong-willed? She sometimes acts like the Queen, but she IS the handmaiden and is only trying to protect the Queen. I just wish they'd trust you a little more.

Qui-Gon

17. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

There is a nasty sandstorm coming at. Will you be all right? Will you be able to make it to the ship? Captain Panaka has informed me that it looks pretty bad.

Oh?than that shop owner you were talking about must not have a weak-mind, since the Jedi-mind trick only works on weak-minded individuals.

The only thing aboard the ship that could be of any value is the queen?s wardrobe, but I don?t think that will get us very far.

I was only kidding about leaving Jar-Jar here. Well thank you for taking Jar-Jar away from me to give me a break from him. I feel very sorry for you that you have to spend so much time with him.

Yes, Padme is very strong willed and even reminds me of how a Queen would act. True, she is trying to protect the queen. I wish that they would trust me a little more too?but I can?t make them trust me, and I?m doing all I can.

I must go now. Panaka has just informed me that they?re receiving a message from Naboo?.I suspect that it could have been sent to us to establish a connection trace. We could be in danger.

Your Padawan,
    Obi-Wan

18. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

No, we'll not be able to make it to the ship, but we do have a place we're staying. This boy that is a slave at the junk shop I went to, invited us to come and stay at his house until the storm has passed. He seems very helpful and kind to complete strangers as we are. I also believe that he may be Force sensitive and if he is than I believe he may be VERY Force sensitive. He seems to know things before they happen, because Jar-Jar was about to get killed (which I'm sure you wouldn't mind), but the boy forcefully spoke to the creature that was going to kill him before there was any trouble. I will keep my eye on him, and see what else happens.

You said that you're getting a message from Naboo? Remember what I said and do NOT like them reply. I believe that you may be correct in that it may be a connection trace. Send no reply. Contact me and tell me what the message was.

You're welcome for getting rid of Jar-Jar for a little while, but do remember, I'm coming back...with him. Don't feel sorry me, Padawan, I have much patience, I believe I can deal with Jar-Jar for a bit longer.

Believe it or not, but I got word from Yoda telling me that he has been getting messages from the Queen saying that she's with ME!!! My only guess is that the true Queen is Padme, because there's no other girl here with me. Now, I want you to act as though you know nothing of it, and don't blow the girls' cover, understand? I will protect the Queen, though I can't believe I let her come with me.

Your Master,
    Qui-Gon

19. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Master Qui-Gon,

You went into a slave?s house? Are you sure you can trust him? You believe that he might be Force Sensitive? What do you mean by VERY Force Sensitive? You said you think he might be. You think that he might be able to see things before they happen? If he is Force Sensitive?.it?s a shame that he?s a slave and everything, but there is nothing you could do for him because he?s too old, not to mention he belongs to his master.

Tell me if you learn more about him.

Well the message from Naboo was from Bibble?.I believe that was his name?.and he said that the people are suffering and dying. He said, ?You MUST contact me.? Obviously it was a connection trace, and I told the people at the ship not to send any replies.

I know you?re coming back with Jar-Jar. I can hardly wait. (sarcastically)

Padmé is Amidala then? Okay. Of course?.I?ll act as if I don?t know. Well maybe there is a reason that the Queen came with you?.although I?m not good at that sort of thing. Maybe it?s better for her there then being bored?or maybe?I don?t know. I know you?ll keep her safe. I don?t think she?s the kind of person that enjoys sitting around?and certainly not on a ship while a Jedi Master would be making decisions for her about the hyperdrive.

Obi-Wan

20. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

You're not telling me you're bored back there, now are you? If you are, pick up the challenge and TRY to fix the hyperdrive. That would get rid of your boredom for a few hours.

I'm testing both Anakin (the slave that is Force sensitive, or so I think) and Padme, because Anakin asked me a question to which I answer. I want to tell you so that you don't feel like you'll being left out, because you're not, understand? Anyway, Anakin asked if Padme was my apprentice, because he first asked if I were a Jedi and he kept pushing me until I told me the truth. I told him I was a Jedi Master, and to which he asked if Padme is my apprentice, because she's here and you're not. I would have told him all about you, but I have a feeling that you'll be annoyed with him as you are with Jar-Jar, so I didn't say anything about you (I hope that's all right with you) and I said Padme was my apprentice. Of course, she doesn't have a lightsaber and I'm NOT letting her have my, so I'm saying I'm punishing her because she broke her one too many times.

I'm testing Padme in this, because I want to see how good she can act. If she's the Queen like Yoda said, then I would like to see how good she can change her character. It would help both you and I to know what and how she does what she does, so we can protect her.

Now, do you understand why I did what I did? If you have a problem, you may tell me. Don't worry, when I return to the ship Padme will return to Queen and we don't have to continue this anymore. By the way, have you been working on your lightsaber moves? You'll need to, incase something comes up.

I'm thinking about entering Anakin in the pod-race tomorrow, so that he could win the money for the hyperdrive. I've already explain everything when I talked to you on the comlink, so I'm not going to repeat myself.

Good, I'm glad they obeyed you and didn't send a reply. Make sure they continue to obey you, and if you have any problems, I'll have to tell Padme that I know who she is, so that she can obey her handmaidens and crew to listen to us. I believe she's beginning to trust us, which is a good thing. I'll tell you when something comes up.

Qui-Gon

21. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

Bored? Me?of course not, Master. I have been entertaining the people aboard the ship as well as being in a state of deep concern for both you and our situation. I heard that the Council ordered a rescue team for us. I do hope you have decided to take the Council up on their offer. You KNOW that that is what they want. Please don?t tell me you?re going to defy the Council by coming up with some ?other? way. Master, the hyperdrive is damaged beyond repair. I?ve already looked at it five times, and so has every other person aboard the ship. It?s too damaged.

Why are you testing that slave for Force sensitivity? The Council said nothing of that! Please don?t imply things into your mission. That?s the only reason you?re not on the Council. If you would only follow the Code you would be on the Council right now. Even if the slave is Force Sensitive, you can?t do anything about him. The Council has given you no permission to free slaves or do anything with untrained Force Sensitive people.

Okay?I?ve ran the test from the blood sample you sent me?and?well?.the reading?s off the chart. I ran it through the level test?and I came up with 24,000 midi cholorians. Not even Master Yoda has a midi cholorian count that high. No Jedi that I have ever heard of has had a reading that high. What does it mean?

Is it the boy?s blood sample that you sent me? Because if it is?I?m sorry to say this but he IS a slave. No matter how Force Sensitive he is, I hope you realize that he is too old. He will not pass the Council?s tests, and there?s no sense in trying to free him. Besides that, the Council said nothing about him, so leave him. It would be best for him as well as for you.

You haven?t sent me Padmé?s sample?so I don?t know what her reading would be.

Why did you lie to Anakin? Just what do you think you?re doing? I can?t believe you, Master! You told him that Padmé was your apprentice! Master! She hasn?t taken the Code or gone through the training. You have no right to say that she is one, even if you are just lying. Whether you think I would be annoyed or not should have made no difference. That is totally ridiculous! What are you going to tell him when he sees me? Are you going to tell him that I am just a Nabooian official? I am your Padawan Learner! Are you ashamed of me, or what?

I cannot believe that you did that! Master?what have I ever done that deserves you to not mention me? How can you call Padmé your Padawan Learner when I have been training under you for YEARS.

I don?t like this one bit.

Don?t bother to send me Padmé?s blood sample because I?m not even going to scan it. If you want to do that, you?ll have to go do it yourself somewhere else. I will not do anything that isn?t asked of us. What do you think the Council would say if they knew about this?

Yes, master I have spent my time here well. I have been practicing with my lightsaber. I hope that nothing comes up, but I am preparing myself for any possible attackers. So far there has been nothing going around the ship. There have been no intruders at all.

What!!!!!! Be realistic, Master. You can?t enter a boy into a pod race. That?s?that?s?putting a persons life in danger. You should know better than that. The Council would never approve of you endangering a person?s life! You are taking this way too far. I cannot believe that you would actually do that.

So far no one back at the ship has given me a problem.

Now let me know if you?re actually going to put this boy in the race because I would like to know what your plans are?no matter how much I am in disagreement with them.

By the way?I?ve been thinking a lot, Master, and I was wondering if you could tell me some things about your old Jedi Master when you were a Padawan. You?ve never mentioned him to me before and I was just wondering. What was he like? Did you get into trouble with him a lot?

Obi-Wan

22. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan,

First of all, I am your master and you are my apprentice. That is not going to change until you become a knight, or I die, understand? Also, you have no right to question my judgment. You still have much to learn, so don't start thinking you know everything there is to know, because you learn something new everyday.

Secondly, no, when Anakin meets you he'll think you'll be another Jedi Knight, and not a Nabooian official!

Thirdly, I'm know what Padme never had Jedi training, but she did have training, that is how she became a handmaiden. So, if she had to show Anakin any defense moves, she'll show him ones she knows. I'm not going to teach her anything whatsoever, because if you've forgotten I already have an apprentice and one is enough.

Anakin is not 'just a slave'. There's something about him, Obi-Wan, but I have yet to figure it out.

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm not truly interested in being on the Council. Yes, I know I go against them and the Code a lot, but I never go against the will of the Force. I follow the Force anywhere it leads me, even if that is against the Council and Code. Both the Council and Code are there to try and keep everyone on track, but that does not mean that the Force will not go against them. That is why I'm not on the Council and I don't have any plans on joining it anytime soon.

Also, the Council will not know unless they ask. I'm not keeping a secret from them, but if they don't ask, I won't tell. Now what are you going to do?

No, you didn't do anything wrong that made me test the boy, but your behavior to this situation is questionable. That though is not the reason that I'm testing Anakin. As I said before, he is different, very different from normal people. You saw yourself his midi-cholorians count. How can you not say that he is different? I believe it was the will of the Force that I met Anakin, but the reason of the meeting I do not know.

My plan may be going against the Council, Obi-Wan, but if a rescue team was sent it would be easier for the Trade Federation to find us. That is why I decided to agree with Anakin and enter him into the race tomorrow. I made a deal with Watto (Anakin's slave master), if Anakin wins Watto gets all the money except the money that we need for the ship parts, and if he loses (which I some reason doubt he will), Watto will get our ship. Now, I'm sure you do not agree with the plan, but it is the safest way. Yes, I know it is dangerous for Anakin, and that is why I did not agree with him in the first place. But after a few hours of meditation, I believe it is the will of the Force that Anakin race.

My master was Count Dooku (Luke (W), is that his REAL name?). He is still alive, I believe, but we have not contacted each other for a long time, because we both have been very busy with missions. He was also one of the last of Yoda's apprentices. He and I were a great team, and he would go against the Council and Code to follow what he thought was the will of the Force, so you can guess where I learned to defy the Council. Sometimes he was all fun and a great master, and other times he seemed secretive and dark. I don't know why and never questioned it, because I'm sure he has a good reason. He is also one of the best swordsmen in the Order. He had about three other apprentices before me (I was his last apprentice), and all of them are knights. Well, I did get into some trouble at times, but I was younger and learned from my mistakes. Well, I'll tell you more, but we have a mission to focus on. By the way, why the sudden interest in my apprenticeship? You've never asked before now.

Also, you said you were 'entertaining' the people abroad the ship. What exactly are you doing? You're not using the Force for foolishness now are you? I'm glad to hear that you're practicing with your lightsaber. If you make it a habit of practicing it whenever you have nothing to do, you'll always be ready...just don't break it again.

I'll let you know how the race went.

23. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

I am sorry, Master. I know that you are my master and that I am your apprentice and that I am to obey you. But NO ONE is ever ALWAYS right?everyone makes mistakes, even Jedi masters (like you). I was only trying to remind you of the Jedi Code. I meant no disrespect, Master. I only thought that it was not wise to put the boy?s life in danger, or to try to free him, or whatever you?re trying to do?because you know what the Council?s going to say. I know that I do not know everything there is to know?but neither do you. As your friend, and as your apprentice, I was just trying to knock some sense into you. Sometimes parents can learn from their children, teachers can learn from their students, and masters can learn from their apprentices. It doesn?t always have to be the other way around?because if it is, then the instructor has learned to stop learning.

Anakin is NOT going to meet me. I don?t want to meet him because you should not bring him here. And if you did, how would he know that I was a Jedi? I have my lightsaber hidden under my cloak, and if you pretend that Padmé is your apprentice, how is he supposed to even take notice of me?

WHY did you lie to Anakin? Why did you tell him that Padmé was your apprentice and make no notice of me, but then when you write to me you tell me that I am your apprentice. If you?re too ashamed of me to even admit that I?m your apprentice?then why are you continuing to be my master?

Why do I sense that we?ve picked up another pathetic life form?

Master, I wish that you would just follow the code. If you did that, things would be a lot easier for both of us. Don?t worry about the slave. Accept that he?s a slave, and leave him be. I do not feel that you should mess with things you aren?t supposed to.

I realize that you?re not interested in being on the Council?but being on the Council is one of the greatest honors a Jedi Knight could ever have. Master?.the Code and Council were set up for reasons. You know that Jedi could not run around the galaxy following the ?will of the Force.? There would be know order in the Jedi Order?in fact the Jedi Order would not even exist, and there would be no organization. The Code gives guidelines that we are to live by. If there were no need for those guidelines, the Code would have never been written. There would be disagreements about Jedi training, Jedi life, and missions. No one would make sure that the Jedi were in check, and there would be no rules. Just think about a bunch of Force Sensitive people running around with each person?s own interpretation of what he or she ought to do. How could the Force go against the Code or the Council?

Well since you are my Master, I will do as you wish?.I have no other choice. I have to go along with you.

My behavior to the situation is questionable? YOU?RE the one that wrote me a letter in which you made it sound like you didn?t care about me, that you were ashamed of me, kind of like, ?Oh, I know you exist, but I told Anakin and everyone else that Padmé is my apprentice. I didn?t mention you at all.? How do you think that made me feel? You?re the one that is going to put a child in a podrace and risk his life!

I don?t care how Force Sensitive Anakin is. He is a slave, he is 9 years old, he is too old to be trained. You KNOW that he is already set in his ways, and that a Jedi must begin training at 6 months or less. Please don?t try to free him or mess around with things you shouldn?t be messing around with. He?s a slave, and he should stay here. We have to finish our mission.

How could you have put everyone?s fate in this boy?s hands? If we lose the ship, we?ll have no way of getting to Coruscant. What were you thinking? How could you have made that bet? I don?t understand how you can follow the Force so blindly. Are you SURE that it is the will of the Force to put a young boy?s life in danger?

Thank you for telling me about Count Dooku. I?ve never had the pleasure of meeting him. I hope that I get to meet him someday. Even

24. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan note

NOTE 24

Obi-Wan,

No, the race has not started yet. We are waiting, at the moment, for the pods to be presented and for the flag parade to go past. Anakin seems calm, despite what he is about to do.

About Yoda... Every initiate is not Yoda's Padawan. They are not yet old enough to be Padawans when he teaches them. They don't go with him on missions, or any of the things an official Padawan does. They are just his students. Dooku was the last of Yoda's official Padawans. I hope that straightens some things out for you.

I understand your concern about Anakin. It is odd for any Jedi to take interest in a child so old. But there is something different about this one. I can't place a finger exactly what it is. It is like it is the will of the Force that I meet him and free him. I was destined to find him and free him. You remember the prophesy of the Chosen One? Well, I think this boy may be the answer.

And you're also right about the Code. It would be chaos without it. But sometimes it must be bent, others times completely broken to do what the Force tells you to. I hope you keep that in mind. Like you told me, every Jedi makes mistakes and no Jedi is always right. That includes the Council.

I have to go now; the announcer has just finished reading the names of the racers. All our hopes rest on Anakin, and I feel he will prevail.

Qui-Gon

25. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Qui-Gon,

So the race hadn?t started at the last time you wrote me? But has it started yet? If your plan is to work, I do hope it starts soon. We need to plan ahead in case your plan fails.

Nothing much has been happening at the ship. I think everyone is anxious to reach Coruscant, though. I know I am.

There was a flag parade at the race? You said Anakin seems calm. I do not know how long it takes for the flag parade to go by, but if the race isn?t over by the time you read this letter, I hope the boy does well. I am serious. I want him to win just as much as you do. Our mission depends on this boy?s racing abilities.

Yes, but Yoda still calls his Younglins his ?Padawans.? Haven?t you observed that? Whenever a Jedi interrupted our training, when I was a youngling, and one of us had a correct answer, he would always say, ?the Padawan is right.? Therefore, they are Padawans, aren?t they? I know they are not old enough to be regular Padawans?like the master/apprentice type Padawan, but he DOES still call them Padawans. You cannot counter that point. I understand they don?t go with him on missions, so it is a Padawan in a different sense. They are just trainees, not official Padawan apprentices. I guess they would be called Padawan Younglings, right? At least that?s how I see things. Tell me if I am wrong. I am not as old as you, and I am still your Padawan.

But you know that Anakin is too old to even be considered for training. The Council lives by the Code. And how can you be so sure that Anakin is the Chosen One? Yes, I saw his midi-cholorian count?but that doesn?t mean he?s the Chosen One. You think it?s the will of the Force to meet and free him? But what of the Code and the Council? Without rules, just think what would happen. There are rules for a reason, master. Yes, I remember the prophesy of the Chosen One. But how do you know that this boy will get rid of all the Sith in the galaxy? He?s just a boy, and he?s far too old to take on as a trainee. If something happened in his training because he was not trained from infancy, it would be that much easier for something bad to happen. You know there are such things as Sith. I know they were killed at the formation of the Republic, but I heard there was a Sith journal. And just because they have never attacked us?that does not mean they don?t exist right now. That, of course, is why the Force needs to be balanced?to get rid of the Sith forever.

But the Code is there precisely so that it cannot be bent. What does being a Jedi mean to you if you cannot follow the Code? If you would only follow the Code you would be on the Council.

You cannot just do whatever the Force tells you. To do that would mean certain chaos. Yes, every Jedi makes mistakes, but that?s what the Code is trying to prevent. If you were to just follow the Force, what if you were wrong? The Code and Council are there to check your actions. The Council is not just one Jedi, but it is a collection of many Jedi. They all have different views and opinions, but their ruling comes after much discussion.

You must tell me what happens during the race. You have no idea how anxious everyone is on this ship.

Your Padawan,
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.