main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Arms of the Force Ch 6 (04/10)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sameri, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sameri

Sameri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey everone! I'm back. Sorry it took so long but my muse decided to take an extended vaction without my permission. So after dragging him kicking and screaming back he is tied down in a corner where he can't escape again.

So quick recap. In Instrument of the Force Qui was a dork and left Obi-wan because he couldn't trust him. In Eyes in the Force The fought and reconciled but Obi-wan was Knighted before they could do much of anything. Now it's been ten years and we are in the Attack of the Clones time period. Everyone set? Good cause here comes the prologue!

Meri

2. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Obi-wan stood staring out of the large window. He allowed himself to just be as he watched the traffic flow by. The ever present lights of Coruscant reflected off the long auburn hair. He felt tired. More than tired really. He was exhausted. He was actually grateful to the healers. they had told the council in no uncertain terms that Obi-wan was NOT to do anything even remotely stressful for the next month or so. The years spent working on the outer rim had finally caught up with him. The council had decided that he would not be taking those types of missions any longer. If they did allow it they would be risking his life. And they just couldn?t justify doing that. He had lasted longer on the outer rim missions than most even came close to.

Obi-wan looked up from his contemplation at the steady taping that echoed across the chamber. A smile broke out across the wearied face. He turned and dropped to one knee to meet his Master. As the Knight kneeled the said master took a moment to view the changes time had wrought on the familiar figure. The hair was much longer now. Actually is was longer than most knights even thought of growing it. The waist length hair was pulled back in a multitude of tiny braids. Those were then braided together to form a slightly thicker braid. And those were braided to make a thicker one. And so on to one solid braid running down the knights back. His face once smooth and innocent was now haggard and weary. And while the light of the force had not dimmed the hopeful outlook on the future had. Obi-wan?s clothes were worn and obviously much mended. And he moved with an unconscious grace that had been apparent when he was younger. Only now it had been distilled down the fines essence. There was no energy wasted in his movements. He simply did not have the energy to spare. Master Yoda found himself feeling very happy the Padawan of his heart would be on Coruscant for a while. The aged master only said one thing to the young knight. ?Welcome home, Obi-wan.? Obi-wan smiled and bowed his head. Yoda rested a clawed hand on the bowed head for a moment. Then they both turned to watch the traffic continue in it?s unbroken stream.

And the force rejoiced that it?s beloved child had finally come home. And every where every force sensitive on the planet felt that joy. And wondered what caused it. But there were three beings that did not wonder. Master Windu began a very quick walk, it wouldn?t do for a council member to be seen running, to the room he knew he would fine Yoda and Obi-wan in. He had a welcome home to attend to. Qui-gon looked up startled and smiled. Perhaps now he would have a chance to talk to his former padawan. And Anakin Skywalker looked up too. But there was no smile on his face. Instead a dark frown marred the handsome surface.

Obi-wan and Yoda continued staring. Oblivious to it all.

Kay did you all like it? I certainly hope so! And just so everyone knows this story is not goign to come out nearly as fast as the prevuous two. I don't have nearly as much time. But fear not. The story will be written! (even if I have to drug my muse to do it!)

Meri

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hey Meri

I was wondering when you going to do this . Unfortunately I'll be heading out for a week. I'll catch up when I get back :)

4. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    YAY! You started the sequel!

:)

Great start, Sameri! The part with Anakin frowning while everyone else was smiling...

Ooooooooooooo, chilling!

Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

:)

5. militarygrl

militarygrl Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    So far So good Meri. Found this after emailing you.
    UP!

militarygrl

6. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Oooh! Yay! Sequel's up! Alright, been looking forward to this! Great start!

7. militarygrl

Oct 2, 2002
    This does not belong on page 13.
    UP YOU GO!

8. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW that was great thank god I finally realized you posted.

I think I can join the rest of the repliers and say "We missed you!"

Hopeing for soem more and again that was an amazing post!

.::Ganki::.

9. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    So good you started to post the sequel :)

Nice post!

More

10. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Meri!! You're back!! :D

I can't wait for more! I absolutly love this series you've come up with! :)

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Yaaaay! You're writing! :D

12. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    You posting soon right? *i hope* Need more soon. ^_^

13. militarygrl

Oct 2, 2002
    :_|
    No post yet?! Hope to you can post soon!
    [face_mischief]

14. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Obi-wan looked up from his light reader at the chime. He quickly looked over at the chrono on the wall and frowned. It was too early for it to be Yoda or Mace. He stood up. There was no way out of it. He would have to answer the door. He snorted as he walked to the door way ** Could I get any more dramtaic. No way out! Honestly! I?ve been spending too much time away from the temple!** He opened the door and was suprsed to see the people standing on the oither side. But He quickly recovered. ?Master Jinn! Padawan Skywalker! Come in!? He stepped to the side and ushered his visitors into the living chambers. He settled them down on the sofa. ?What brings you two here?? Qui-gon smiled and replied ?We heard you were back in the temple. So after locating you new chambers, we decided to come and visit.? Obi-wan smiled. ?Well I?m glad you did. Now in my last communication with you, Anakin was working on the Heart Song Kata. How did that go?? Anakin looked up and launched into the tale. ?Well at first it was confusing. But then I found this vid of you teaching it to some padawans and I watched that....?

Qui-gon watched as Anakin told the story to Obi-wan. He took the time to watch his former apprentice with out being noticed. It was a startlng difference. **I seem to have this happen quite often. This is the third time I?ve been shocked that he had aged.** He noted the white flecs in the ruddy hair. And the lines around his eyes. He chuckled to himself. ** We are both getting older. It?s time I admit that. I need to talk to him soon about helping me train Anakin. I?m getting too old to handle some aspects of his training.** Qui-gon had admited to himself last year that time was catching up. His hair and bear were completly white, and his joints were stiffening up. And no matter what the Healers did he couldn?t see as well anymore either. He had been waiting for Obi-wan to come home. He needed help with Anakin. The boy was enthusiastic and enegetic. And Qui-gon just could not keep up with him. He came back to himself as he realized Anakin?s tale was winding down. ?...And once I realized that I was able to do it!? Obi-wan smiled. ?That?s great Anakin! You?ll have to spar with me one day so I can see how you have progressed since then.? Anakin?s Face lit up. ?Oh Wow! That would be great! Every one says you are one of the best in the temple!? Obi-wan grimmaced a little. ?Well I don?t know about that, But I?m glad you would like to spar with me.? Anakin loooked very much his ninteen years old at that moment. He was all but bouncing out of the chair. Qui-gon looked on indulgently. But a quick glance at the chrono told him that they needed to get moving. He reached over and grabbed the braid hanfing over Anakin?s shouler. ?Come Padawan. It?s time to head to the council chambers.? Anakin groaned. ?Oh Master do we have too?? ?Yes padawan we Have to.? He turned to Obi-wan and clasped his shoulder. "We?ll stop by again later.? Obi-wan nodded. ?I?ll look foreward to that.? And then Master and Padawan swept out of the chambers.

Obi-wan looked at the door with a perplexed look on his face. **Why in blazes did Qui-gon send me a private message that he needs to talk to me priavtly later?** He shrugged. **Well there is nothing I can do about it now. I need to go meet Yoda and Mace.** And without a second thought the Knight walked out of him chambers and down the long hallway.
    Hey all. I am sooo Sorry that it took this long to get another chapter out. RL has been way hectic. Hope you all can forgive me. Hopefully I'll be able to get another chapter out with in a decent time period.
    Till Later!
    ~Meri

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It's alive :)

16. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    YOU CAME BACK!!!!!
    AT LAST
    UP
    UP
    UP
    :D

17. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
  18. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Just read the first 2 parts of this saga - and can't wait to see what will happen next! So update quickly please!

Nicky

19. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Meri!! Where are you?!?! :_| I need a new post!

...But I can understand if it's DRL. He seems to be on my case as well...

20. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm back and enjoying your wonderful posts. :) :) :) :) :)

21. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
  22. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
  23. Sameri

Jun 12, 2002
    Obi-wan entered the tiny room above the council chamber and looked around. He had once again beaten Mace and Yoda to the chamber. He settled himself into his customary chair. Instead of the contorted sprawl he usually worked himself into, he was leaning back half dozing. He heard the door open but didn?t look up to verify the identity of the beings that entered. This was the most protected room in the temple. If someone unauthorized made it this far he was dead anyways.

?See! Told you I did, that beat us he would!? ?Yes, Master Yoda I realize that. But I never said I disagreed with you!? Obi-wan chuckled at the antics of the two masters. They never changed. They always fought like a bonded couple. The argument continued at the masters remained oblivious to the knights amusements. ?Disagree you did not! But agree with me you did not! Silent you remained!? ?Yoda I nodded!? ?Tell I could not that nodded you did. A sneeze I though that was.? ?Yoda I did not sneeze!? ?Know that I do now!? At this Obi-wan was unable to contain his good humor and began to laugh out loud. That didn?t affect the argument in the least. They were used to having Obi-wan start laughing at them. ?See even Obi-wan thinks the idea of my sneezing is funny!? Mace yelled. Obi-wan sat up at that. ?Hey now! Don?t you start dragging me into your squabble! It is bad enough when I wind up in them from the beginning!? ?A squabble this is not!? Yoda yelled at the same time that mace thundered, ?We are NOT squabbling!? That set Obi-wan off again and he all but fell over laughing.

The two masters looked at the laughing knight with nonplused looks on there faces. They quickly began laughing even harder each time he looked up at the serious expression on their faces. When the knight began turning red and gasping from laughing, Yoda decided to take pity on him. ?Good it is to see you laugh again Obi-wan.? Mace nodded his agreement. ?Yes you have been far to high-strung as of late.? Obi-wan looked up and managed to get himself under control. ?It?s good to laugh again. There hasn?t been much reason lately.? The masters nodded. ?True this is.? Yoda replied. ?Speak to you we must about the reason.? Obi-wan sat down in the chair and leaned forward. ?Yes?? Mace crossed the room from the doorway where they had been standing, to sit in the other human sized chair in the room. ?We have a mission for you.? Obi-wan sat back. ?Yes?? ?We need to send you with Master Jinn and Padawan Skywalker.? Obi-wan raised an eyebrow.? ?Why?? Mace smirked internally. That action alone showed the confidence the knight held in himself. Any other being even Obi-wan?s erstwhile master would be too nervous in the face of the council to just lift and eyebrow and ask why they were being sent on a mission. He paused a moment and then explained. ?We believe that your ability will be necessary. Obi-wan cocked his head. ?Really?? ?Yes really. We intend to tell Qui-gon at his council session in?? He checked his chrono. ?Oh Bugger! In a few minutes!? Yoda wiggled his ears from his perch on his chair. ?Go we should. Tell Jinn and Skywalker we will. Talk to you later Obi-wan I will.? Obi-wan nodded. ?Yes Master Yoda.?

The two masters moved to the lift entrance leaving the same way they entered. Squabbling. ?Why didn?t you tell me what time it was?!? ? Though you knew I did!? ?Well Obviously not or ?? The lift door closed on the argument. Obi-wan stared across the room thoughtfully. Why was he being sent on this mission really? He doubted it was solely because of his ?talent?. And why did Qui-gon want to talk to him? And why does Yoda want to see him alone? **Questions, questions. And not an answer in sight. Oh well only one thing to do. Wait and find out. Why do I think I will find out more than I wanted in ways I never imagined?**

Okay I'm sorry it's been so long between chapters! I'm gonna try and makeup for it now. I have a week off of schoof for fall break. And that means I have free time that I can use to write! I will hopefully be able to

24. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek: YES! THANK YOU!

THERE IS A FORCE! :p

SO glad you're going to start writing again. :D

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm glad you're back!

More More More

Thread Status: