main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Child of Naboo (another fic I shouldn't do) Sabe's early years & AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Sep 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I really, really, really, really, really shouldn't be doing this since I'll be gone this weekend and have 2 other stories going, but I can't help myself.

Bad, Ami, Bad!

Awhile ago I thought of doing a story of Sabe when she was young, and someone also suggested it. This story will start when she is seven, and will take a different path than the Sabe trilogy, and she'll have a different role than in TPM.

Child of Naboo

**Closer . . . closer . . . just a little more, Owen! Come on, smeghead!**

A soft breeze blew the green leaves of the weeping willow tree as seven-year old Sabe Mabriee straddled the thick branch, legs wrapped tightly around the girth, long brown hair streaming down amongst the green tendrils. Golden brown eyes squinted at the young boy reading a flimsy book. Little fingers with dirty fingernails that appeared to had suffered wandering teeth clutched a small device.

Owen shifted and looked up thoughtfully, peering out into the green orchard along the sparkling creek, then he returned to his reading. Sabe sighed silently and righted herself, moving swiftly up the tree to another branch, perching precariously and bringing her weapon to bear. Her lower lip pinched between her teeth as she shut one eye and aimed down the stretched cord and wishbone twig. One red pebble was placed in the center of the cord. She drew back?and snapped.

?HEY!? Owen shouted, dropping his book and looking around in confusion. Sabe giggled and loaded the sling-shot, launching two more pebbles in her unsuspecting brother. ?SABE!?

The older boy jumped to his feet, looking up the tree, nearly ten meters up. ?Sabe, you get down from there this instant!?

?Will ya make me?? Sabe taunted, firing another missile.

?You?re going to fall!? Owen called back up, the disapproval written all over his olive skin features. The dark eyes glared up at the younger sibling.

?Will not!? Sabe giggled. ?I?m not clumsy like you!?

?I?ll get Mother, then!? Owen said smugly, picking up his book. He turned and began heading down the knoll towards the small Naboo village.

?No, Owen! I?m comin? down!? Sabe pocketed her sling-shot in her apron pocket and swung down from the branch. Bare-feet gripped the bark. Owen sighed and waited as the short girl climbed down, jumping from the last branch, dirtying her dress even more.

?Hurry it up!?

?I?m comin?, I?m comin,? Sabe muttered, rolling her eyes as she dusted her tattered blue dress off. It came to about calf-length, a white apron over the skirt. Her long, brown hair had long-since fallen from it?s neat braids, laying in tangles down her back. A little dirt smudged her cheek as she grinned wickedly at Owen. ?You fell for it again!?

?You were supposing to help Mother with the tea,? Owen chided, taking the small hand in his.

Together, brother and sister walked down the green knoll towards Rosaa, a quaint village in the river Valley of Crosain. Golden buildings lined the streets, lining along the small lake created by three rivers running together. The Nubian architecture spoke of the fine arts and culture, melding with nature as flowered vines and gardens grew along the walls, stairs, and balconies. The streets were made of a natural clay substance, smooth and as golden as the buildings. Rosaa was not crowded with traffic. Wealthy Naboo families, such as merchants and retired families created the community. At this hour in the afternoon, the reservoir was used for recreation.

?Is Papa home yet?? Sabe asked as she danced on the warm street. Maybe she should have warn her sandals!

?Not when Mother sent me out to find you.?

Sabe gave him a shrewd look. ?Ya weren?t lookin? for me, Owie. You were reading.? For a moment her concentration broke and she squealed as the street burned her feet.

?Don?t call me Owie,? Owen said irritably, scooping her up to his hip.

?Don?t drop me!? Sabe warned, shaking a finger at him.

The dark-haired boy just shook his head. They passed the education facility before they reached the t

2. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Just upping this so it doesn't drop into the murky depths so quickly! :-D

3. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    The Queen of Sabé fics strikes again! I bow before your humble Majesty. :)

Great start! :) This definitely has potential.

4. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wonderfully done, Amidolee! I like little Sabe's personality; she's so cute! And it's easy to see why she would end up with the characteristics she displays in TPM and your other stories...the tough, stubborn aspect as well as the big dreams are already there! =)

I'm glad you posted this now, I wasn't expecting it for a while yet. And I definitely can't wait to read more of it!

5. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Another fic you shouldn't do, another story I shouldn't get hooked on, ah well. Great so far!!!

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll probably post once more before I go for the weekend

@@@@@@@

"Oh, darling, please don?t fidget," Salina sighed, straightening the maroon skirt of Sabe?s school uniform. "You?ll get it all wrinkled!"

"Why do I hafta wear it ?now-?" Sabe asked in exasperation, her shoulders sagging in a huff. "School doesn?t start till ?next- week!"

"I have to make sure it fits, my dear," Salina replied, striking a pin into the hem of the yellow trim of the skirt. "I think you?ve grown, Pebble."

"I did?" Sabe asked, grinning hopefully. She looked herself up and down, moving the entire outfit. Salina threw her hands in the air, shaking her red head.

"Yes, you did. Now sit still so I can finish!"

"Yes, Ma?am," the other replied, clasping her hands behind her back. Youthful eyes wandered towards the window in her bedroom. She smiled when she saw the ducks on the landing. Oh, she hoped there?d be some ducklings! Maybe Reine could come out and play as well!

"There," Salina said in satisfaction. "I think I?ve got it sized. Now, turn around and see how it feels."

Sabe obeyed. "It?s stiff," she complained, scrunching her eyebrows together.

"It just needs to be worn."

"Wha? if it doesn?t? Wha? if my bones get all sore from da? stiffiness?"

"Stiffiness is not a word, dear," Salina corrected with a smile.

"Well, it should be," Sabe declared.
    Salina pinched her daughter?s nose. "When you are famous and have the wealth of the galaxy, you can make it a real word."

"Then that?s what I?ll do!"
    The older woman laughed and kissed her daughter?s cheek, tugging on one pigtail. "I?m sure you will."

A beep from the front door signaled someone entering the house. A moment later heavy footsteps were heard, then a jolly male?s voice called up the stairwell, "Wher?s me Pebble-Shoo?er?"

"PAPA!" Sabe shrieked, racing down the stairwell. The broad figure of her father met her halfway, and she leapt into his opened arms.

"Oh! Me beau?ful girl!" Raval Mabriee laughed, squeezing the little girl in his arms. He planted a kiss on her forehead, then each cheek.

"I missed ya, Papa!" Sabe cried, nuzzling her nose in the black beard.

"I miss ya too, Pebbles!" Raval smiled at his daughter, dark eyes shining. "Still freckled face, yah?"

"No, Papa!" Sabe said, giving her head a vicious shake.

"Ye, ya do," Raval teased, kissing the tip of her nose. "Righ? dere!" He looked past his daughter to the petite redhead sighing in exasperation.

"You had to go and wrinkle the dress, didn?t you?" Salina exclaimed, shaking her head as she came up to her husband. She gave him a quick kiss. "Come now, Sabe, let?s get you out of that before you shred it!"

7. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Ohh the interaction between little Sabé and her daddy is so adorable. :)

This is definitely another story I'll be forced to keep track of as often as possible-- thanks a lot, Amidolee! ;)

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Do you want one more post before I go??? It's a long one (most of them seem to be, cuz I have 2 chaps done).

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

The green countryside raced by as the Mabriees flew their landspeeder towards the capital city of Theed. Sabe loved the trips from Rosaa to just about anywhere. Naboo was such a pretty planet, probably the most beautiful planet in the entire universe. She said as much to Owen, whom sat beside her in the back seat, nose in his book.

"You exaggerate far to often, Pebble," Owen said, giving her a wry look. "There are millions of planets. Naboo is pretty, yes, but there might be others that are more."

"I don? think so," Sabe replied, drawing a smile from her mother in the co-pilot seat. "Nothin? is perttier than Naboo!"

"Pretty, not perty," Salina corrected gently.

"That?s wha? I said!" Sabe shook her head and crossed her arms. After a moment of silence, she scooted over to Owen and stuck her nose in his book. "Whatcha readin? ?bout?"

"Sabe, don?t disturb, Owen. He needs to know all of his material if he is to enter the Academy."

"I don?t see why he has?ta go to a fancy school,"
    Sabe sniffed, giving her brother a glare. "Ya don?t wanna play with me anymore?"

"Of course I do, Pebble," Owen smiled, patting the top of her head. "In five years you?ll come to Theed as well to study. Everyone does when they?re twelve."

Sabe wasn?t buying it. She couldn?t understand why her favorite person to torment would be leaving her. Owen was annoying and mean sometimes, but he was ?her- brother and friend!

The little girl took it quite personally. With a huff, she scooted back to her seat and crossed her arms, freckled noes turning to the countryside. If he didn?t want to be her brother anymore, then she wouldn?t be his sister!

An hour later they reached Theed. Sabe?s tantrum was forgotten as she took in the splendor of the oldest city. Theed was always exciting, and she imagined being a princess and living in the beautiful palace. There so many wonderful gardens, domes, and sculptures! So many people! Her mother came to Theed often for political reasons, and Owen had accompanied her several times. He always brought back some wonderful item and a tale about someone he had met. He had even met King Veruna once. Sabe was always overcome with pure envy, and she would get angry at her mother when ever she was taken to Nana Lily?s house while both parents were gone.

But she was here again! It had been so long! She had just been a little girl last time, and now that she was a big girl, she might meet the King! Veruna was very nice and handsome by Mother?s accounts. All Naboo men were handsome, Sabe thought. Except for the boys at Rosaa. They were all dirty and dumb in her mind, but very able playmates.

"Oh, look, there?s Daoonaya?s memorial!" Salina pointed out.

Sabe craned her neck as they passed the sculpture of the first Queen. Daoonaya must have been like a beautiful goddess, Sabe imagined, staring up at the glistening white statue. All the men of the planet must have worshipped her and said goodnight to her every moon-rise. **She must have had a sweet voice, too**

"Wher?re we goin?, Papa?" Sabe asked once the monument disappeared behind the adult learning center.

"We taken Owen ta school," Raval replied from the pilot?s seat.

"Where?s that?"

"Right here."

Sabe looked back out of the transparisteel canopy, and gasped. There were so many children! Boys and girls in colorful uniforms of greens and pinks swarmed the stone steps leading into a beautiful display of Naboo architecture.

Blossoming vines twined around the balconies and windows. The sound of children laughing, and even a few weeping hit her ears as she stepped out of the landspeeder. Everything was so pretty! The girls were all dressed in their pink skirts and gold jackets, their hair braided in neat buns, the boys polite and talking amongst themselves. It must be so wonderful to go to school here!

"Coming, dear?" Salina called, her hand held out to her daughter.

"Yes, Mama," Sabe said quickly, latching onto the slender hand. They followed Raval and Owen through the student

10. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    What a cute little kid! :)

11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Awwww! This is so darn *cute*! I love lil' Sabe's interactions with her family, and I'm so glad we get to learn more about her character. Excellent job!

Have fun at your reenactment, Amidolee!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, I get to post once more!!!

Chapter Two

//It?s such a pretty day, I should not be here!// Sabe thought as she gazed around the bright class room. It was sometime after luncheon break and the other children in her fourth level class were also growing restless. Mistress Caila was busy reading another love letter from Mr. Farryn. The young tutor was very pretty, Sabe thought, but much too giggly to be courting with Gatre Farryn. And too young. At least, that?s what her mother said when she had Alizabeth over for afternoon tea. Her mother also said she shouldn?t gossip or listen to it, but wasn?t that what Mama did with Alizabeth? Or were only mothers suppose to gossip?

Adults were very confusing.

"Psst! Sabe!"

"Hmm?" Sabe blinked, trying to clear her thoughts as she turned to the curly-hair Mollie.

"This is for you!" the other girl slide a folded piece of flimsy across the aisle. Curious, she picked it up and unfolded it, looking around the room to see who it was from. All the boys on the right side of the room were busy making paper starfighters and the girls were giggling over how cute Davvi, the smartest boy in the class was. Davvi was nine and Sabe didn?t like the fact she was the youngest and smartest girl in the class while he was the smartest boy. He had beaten her in several subjects, and she really didn?t like him.

She turned her eyes back to the note.

"I really like you, Sabe. Want to meet me after school and feed the ducks? ~Davvi P.S. I think smart girls are better than pretty girls. You?re a smart girl."

"What does it say?" Mollie asked curiously.

"Nothin!" Sabe hissed, stuffing the note in the pocket of her skirt. In her haste, it dropped on the floor. Mollie snatched it up. "Give it back!" Sabe cried, reaching for the crumpled note.

"I want to read it!" Mollie said. Her eyes widened and she quickly passed it on to the next girl.

"Give it back!" Sabe shouted, jumping out of her desk and dashing over to Reine. "Reine!"

"Davvi likes you?" Reine squealed in delight.

Now everyone was staring at Sabe, including Davvi. She swallowed hard and felt her neck flush. There was a moment of silence, then everyone started laughing. She glared at them, eyes flashing. They landed on Davvi, whom was blushing, too. She jutted her chin out and looked away, marching back to her desk and putting her head in her folded arms. //Do not cry. Do not cry//

"Class!" Mistress Caila barked. "Silence!"

The giggles died down, but Sabe could still hear them snickering and feel their taunting looks on her back. //I hate Davvi, I hate Davvi// she recited silently.

"I think it?s time we took a break," Caila said, still reading her letter. "Recess for ten minutes."

Sabe waited until the scraping of chairs and running feet faded, then she picked her head up and dashed out the door, down the quiet hall, and outside. The play area sprawled out behind the school, fenced in by a stone wall and the lake. Already the boys had started a game of tag and the girls were gossiping again. About her.

"Sabe!" Reine called. "What are you going to do?"

She marched up to them, fire igniting in her lovely eyes. "I?m gunna set ya all straight!"

The girls looked at her in confusion, then gasped as she marched right up to the boys, stomping, hands on her hips. No one, but no one, got Sabe Mabriee?s dander up. The boys paused, glancing at each other as the youngest girl?and perhaps most fearless?in their class yanked Davvi by his collar and pulled him out of the game.

"Sabe?" Davvi asked nervously, hazel eyes studying the angry eyes that reminded him of the harvest fields.

Sabe yanked his collar down so he was eye-to-eye with her. "You have to take it back!"

"Take what back?"

"You can?t like me!"

"But . . . I do. You?re really smart and witty,"
    Davvi said, confused and a little fearful. He could hear his friends snickering behind him.

"But?but it?s gross!" Sabe was trying to find the words to express her anger and embarrassment. "Take it back! Or I?ll hit you!"

Davvi frow

13. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    I really like Sabe, so I shouldn't say this, but . .. . :D

Sabe's gonna get it! Sabe's gonna get it!! Teeheehee.:)

14. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    ::starts singing:: Go, Sabe! Go, Sabe! Fight! Fight! Fight! =D

That was so realistic, Amidolee - - I love how Sabe beat up the boy who complimented her. I'm glad you found time to post more; this is such a fun story to read. =)

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    hey, what's wrong in defending yourself????

MORE!

16. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    YAY!!!!
    I'm so glad you started another story Amidolee! And it stars everyone's favorite, Sabe!
    It's awesome so far! Please post the second you get back!

17. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Sabe got medieval(sp) on his butt. hehehehe. cant wait for more

18. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    YAY! Another Sabe fanfic by Amidolee! They're my favorites...
    Post!
    Top!

19. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    I never said there was anything wrong with defending yourself, Miana. =) Truthfully, I probably would've reacted the same way...=P ((Okay, okay, I *did* once....and it was really funny, I guess, since I was about a fourth the size of the guy...))

You know you are neurotic when you start upping a story when it doesn't even need to be upped! =P

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks guys!! sorry, I'm at a computer but the disk is 120 miles away . . . so you'll have to wait until sunday night or monday

21. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    I'm hooked. Post when ya can.

-Empress

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Maybe I should start the Amidolee cheering squad...

Go, Ami, go! (Go Ami!)
    ::shrill, window-breaking scream::

Can't wait till you get a chance to post! ((We can wait, though, don't worry - - just looking forward to it!))

Oh, and UP!! (It actually *did* sorta need to be upped this time. Least it wasn't still near the top of the page when I upped it...)

24. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
  25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm back, but I'll post tomorrow afternoon, cuz it's late and it's a long post with nothing after it, so you'll have it tomorrow!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.