main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Galaxy Without Palpatine, co-written with Sketkh - "The Prodical co-writer has returned" POST 5/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jazz_Skywalker, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Basically, the galaxy starting with prequels if Palpatine didn't exist. A bit of A/A, as well...Sketkh, did I get that right?

Feedback?

Edit - Disclaimer - This doesn't belong to us and we aren't making money off of it.

2. Sketkh

Sketkh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2002
    In a nutshell...this will be a very fun procheck to undertake I look forward to the first post...

3. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    cant wait till you start this story, specially the A/A moments.

4. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    we will hae the fisrt post up some time tomorrow...

5. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay, I can't wait! :) It sounds very interesting!
    ~*Monica*~

6. Jazz_Skywalker

Aug 3, 2002
    Yay! Here's the first post!

JediCami, Monica_Skywalker - Thanks for replying!

In a time of peace and prosperity for the Galactic Republic, turmoil brewed beneath its unexpecting nose.

The Jedi Knights, the interstellar peace keepers for all the known universe, have been under increasing pressure from the Republic to settle most of the small disputes that they have become deaf to the cries of worlds in midst of civil wars.

Jedi Master Dooku and his loyal Padawan Qui-gon Jinn have been dispatched to meet with two Ambassadors from clans on the world of Tatooine.

Little do they know that the two Jedi are about to discover more than they could have pondered.

Two figures cloaked in dark brown robes exited from their royal red Republic convoy.

Twenty-five year old Qui-Gon Jinn followed his Master out of the ship.
    "Master, what are we doing out here, on this wasteland?"

The Jedi Knight Dooku turned around, a stern expression on his face. "We are fulfilling our mandate to the Tusken natives of this world, Padawan. Were your ears turned off during the briefing?"

Qui-Gon's eyes narrowed at the rebuke. "Of course not, Master. I was only wondering why are we worried about a little dispute between the Tuskens and the Hutts? Can't we just let them settle it for themselves?"

"That, Padawan, are questions for the weak willed - you are better than that" Dooku said as Qui-Gon caught up with him. "Our problem is to settle this dispute with very little negative forces left in its wake. I doubt it will be much of a hard mission."

"Why, Master?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Because peace is what we as Jedi seek, my Padawan. If the Hutts and the Tuskens can learn to live on the same world peacefully then there is hope for the rest," Dooku was caught off guard by an unusually strange vergence in the Force. "Do you sense that, Qui-Gon?"

"Yes Master," his apprentice answered, wide eyes shared between them. "What is it?"

"I'm not sure, but it is quite strong in the ways of the Force," Dooku wanted to pursue this new power, but had his mandate to follow first. "Let us be on our way, Qui-Gon, if we are to encounter this unseen power, we should let the Force itself guide us."

"Yes Master," and the two trekked on into Mos Espa where they begin to fulfill destiny's will.

Feedback, anyone?

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    master dooku and padawan quigon. is the force pressence shimi? can't wait for more

8. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    I'm glad to see the post turned out so well...Thanks Jazz would you like to start the next one or should I?

9. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    Here is the second installment for ya enjoy!

As they journey into Mos Espa pressed on, Dooku and Qui-gon found themselves in a burro of smugglers and scoundrels from all the far regions of the Republic and some not even of familiarity to the two credible Jedi.

Qui-gon was quite entranced by the varying forms of life, ones in particular that had bright colored skin and slender figures often attributed to Female dancers.

?Keep your mind on the ?Now? young Qui-gon?? Dooku said with the tonality of a stern but caring disciplinarian.

?Sorry Master?? Qui-gon retorted as the Jedi continued to walk towards a large structure with immense pillars that offset itself from the surrounding city attire.

?Do not apologize.? Dooku stopped and turned to his apprentice lending a comforting hand to Qui-gon?s shoulder. ?You are a young man, and so are entitled to be ?curious? of others but remember??

?I know, I know, not until I?m a Knight.?

?Well at least my tutelage has not fallen on deaf ears.? Dooku smiled and Qui-gon returned the gesture with a smirk all his own. The two then continued to approach the large building they were heading for, where they would meet with their respective dignitaries to see if they could sort out the conflict at hand.

As they entered the building they were greeted by a young somewhat attractive woman with dark brown hair and skin that was tan and blistered do to her native genes of the desert world. ?Greetings?? She said in a voice tainted by servitude and forced conditioning accustom to being a slave. ??My master Guadilla the Hutt has been expecting you. May I take your robes honorable Jedi?? she lent out her hands.

?No that will not be necessary.? Dooku answered not giving her a second thought.

Qui-gon, however couldn?t shake the sense that this woman meant something. What exactly he wasn?t sure but the force was working through her, but did his master know?

He wished to speak - soon, he might not have the opportunity to.

As the two made their way down the hall to the meeting room. ?Master? Did you not sen??

?Not now Qui-gon?? Dooku snapped as the two entered the room, where they were sat two feuding parties. The Tuskins to the left and the Hutts to the right.

well and FeedBack? Anyone? maybe?...okay!

10. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    that was great, looking forwaRD TO YOUR NEXT POST. :)

11. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Oooh, so they both sense something about that lady? :_| I wonder what the deal is with her...

Awesome posts! :) I am also looking forward to the next one! :)
    ~*Monica*~

12. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    Thanks all, very much!

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    its gotta be shimi or shimi's mom

14. Jazz_Skywalker

Aug 3, 2002
    JediCami - Thanks!

Monica_Skywalker - Thanks!

yodaminch - Thanks!

Next -
    The Summit was not going well...

"Your colonies are taking over our land!" the Tusken Ambassador roared.

"You Tuskens are over-populating the deserts!" the Jabba the Hutt Retorted.

Dooku rubbed his brow. "Qui-Gon," He whispered to his Padawan. "I sense something at work here. Search the halls see what you can find."

Qui-Gon had only been too happy to agree from the feuding parties. Perhaps he could see the slave woman again and figure out why the Force seemed to be orbiting her.

Qui-Gon crept through the halls. Trying not to be discovered, he was too focused on being caught to notice a rather stocky looking slave until they hit.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the slave said, bowing, his head to the floor. "Please don't report me, it will never happen again, I'll stay out of your sight!"
    Qui-Gon helped the poor man up, apologizing as well.

"I'm sorry as well. Master Dooku says I'm too clumsy and need to keep my mind on the present. But I do have some questions."

"Anything, sir!"

A smile showed on Qui-Gon's young face of the slave's exuberance to work. "I was wondering if you had any alcohol?"

"Yes, sir, we do," the slave said. "I can fetch some for you, if you like."

"Please," Qui-Gon said. "But before you go, do you know of an attractive young woman, about my age, brown hair, um...?"
    The slave studied the floor for a second before replying. "Shmi Skywalker, sir? I'm sorry, sir, but she's pregnant with a child, and cannot perform services now."

Qui-Gon shook his head hurriedly. "No, no, it wasn't that I was asking about. Could I meet her?"

Nodding, the slave said, "Yes, sir. I can get her as I get your wine."

"Thank you," Qui-Gon called to the man. "I'll be right here."

Feedback?

15. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    This is cool! I like it :) . I can't wait to see what happens... Wait! *Grabs head as idea comes* Are Dooku and Qui-Gon going to take Shmi back, so Ani's born in the Republic and trained properly? I can't wait to see where this goes! It's excelletn so far! I like how the writing flows together so smoothly!

16. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    OH my god, why does he want to talk to Shmi?? oOoOoOo cant wait for your next post!

UP!!!

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    SOO I was right.hmmm so valorum's chancellor still? maul never was trained and sidious doesn't exhist? interesting

18. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Ooooh, I can't wait to see what Qui-Gon says to Shmi! :)
    ~*Monica*~

19. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    Thanks for all the feedback guys...

20. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  21. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    uppie uppie up!

22. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    another one coming soon guys I promise.

23. Sketkh

Jun 22, 2002
    Well here is the next one for ya'all enjoy.

Qui-gon Jinn, stood patiently as the servant fetched the female slave he noticed before. The force was strong with this woman that he couldn?t dispute, it radiated from her as if she were a trained Jedi like himself or even his master Dooku, there was something special about this woman, Qui-gon couldn?t shake that from his mind, there seemed to be an absurd obsession with her that he found quite intriguing.

?Sir?? the male servant?s voice chimed threw Qui-gon?s wandering thoughts. The Padawan took good note that the servant was now in company with the dark haired woman Qui-gon had met before. ?Shimi Skywalker, as you requested.?

?Thank you that will be all.? Qui-gon bowed respectfully to the servant despite his status as a slave. The scruffy looking man did not take this likely as he returned the gesture with a grin then departed leaving the Jedi with the mother-to-be.

She seemed timid, she was not sure what the Jedi wanted for her, she knew little of Jedi to begin with and silently prayed she would not be called upon to do something she could be an able to perform. Her master had been adamantly upset with having gotten pregnant in the first place and at that time she was not even a love servant. ?I apologize for the inconvenience sir, but the local doctor says I should not be involved with anyone until I have born my child so if you will??

?I wish not for your bedside madam?? Qui-gon reassured Shimi as he instinctively took her hand with his own.

This act tapped the young Padawan into a great surge of power, which coursed through his body like a great wave of adrenaline causing him to gasp for breath as he let go of Shimi?s hand. ?Are you alright sir??

Qui-gon was in search for an answer to her question as much as he was for breath. ??I?m not sure.?

?Would you like some water?? the pregnant woman inquired.

?No that will be alright, I think I will be fine?? Qui-gon?s thoughts were confirmed, this woman was strong with the Force, more specifically with that of her unborn child. ?Pardon me Mrs. Skywalker is it??

?Ms. Skywalker actually, but please call me Shimi if you wish to refer to me by name.? she said now being the one to be reassuring.

?You mean to say that you are not married??

?Yes.? Shimi reluctantly responded, expecting a harsh treatment to her role as an unmarried mother once again by those who didn?t understand.

?And what of your child?s father?? Qui-gon pondered, switching his tone to not seem offensive to her emotions which he openly sensed.

Shimi peered down to her swollen stomach, seeking comfort from its treasure inside. It was never easy for her to explain to people who the child?s father was, she could hardly believe the truth herself, often times telling others lies explaining how her lover had died during a tuskin raid or a sandstorm, but she felt that she could tell this young man anything, and that he needed to know the truth. ?There was never a father??

?Really?? on the outside, Qui-gon was calm and composed, but on the inside he was overtaken by a great sense of curiosity. ?Then how did you become with child??

?I?m not entirely sure. You see despite my role as a bed-servant, I have yet to know a man?s touch so I cannot say that it is a pregnancy of misfortune.? This response was true and earnest to Qui-gon?s perceptive intuitions. This only seemed to feed his interest in this woman and that of her unborn. ?One morning I woke feeling ill, my Master instructed me to be overseen by the local doctor. When the nurse was finished evaluating me, she informed me of my pregnancy, at this time I had had not gentlemen ?visitors? for over several months, so you can imagine how I felt at the time.?

?I see?? suddenly Qui-gon recalled the story of the chosen one which he heard long ago when he was still in the bear clan.

~?in a time of great uncertainty, there will come a being who was born of the Force, the one who will bring balance back to the light, and resort tranqu

24. JediCami

Sep 2, 2002
    OoOo thats was a nice post. so no matter what happens it qui-gon the one who finds the chosen one. i love your no palpetine thing. it makes eveyrhting happier, right?

UP!

25. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, that was an amazing post! :)

I can't wait to see what comes next! :D
    ~*Monica*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.