main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Disclaimer: As usual, I only play with 'em, they belong solely to the gracious and generous George Lucas ;)

Summary: One day more... one more chance... if given the choice, what could have been different?

Rating: PG

Category: Angst, AU, possibly some Action Adventure

2. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    He closed his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief as the sheer presence of the Force overwhelmed him, taking him from the indignity his life had become and cradling him in its loving presence. No more agonizingly-long blistering-hot days on that dust ball of a planet, his many lonely hours spent in total isolation with only the threatening presence of the Tusken Raiders to keep him company. No more gut-wrenching fluctuations of the Living Force as he felt yet another of his former comrades and friends cut down by his apprentice. No more would he be forced to hear about the horrible atrocities that the Empire, under the steel-fisted execution of Sidious and Anakin, had committed.

He was finally free. The Rebellion had won, Sidious was dead, and Anakin was redeemed. Luke Skywalker had succeeded in correcting all the errors that one young Knight?s arrogance had inflicted on the galaxy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had finally found the oblivion he so desperately craved.

His eyes fluttered open slowly, and he blinked several times in his attempt to focus on the strange new environment. Is this the Force? he wondered, not truly expecting an answer. He stood in the middle of a lush paradise full of diversity rarely, if ever, seen. Although he could see no signs of animal life, the rich melody of birdsong filling the air and the slight rustling of the underbrush spoke of its presence. A softly scented breeze whispered around his still form, gently playing with the loose spikes of his hair.

Spikes? Raising a hand to his head, Obi-Wan was surprised to find his hair cut in the short Padawan style he had not worn since the day his Master died. Tracing the pattern of spikes across to the right side of his head, he was bemused to find the long trailing braid of his much younger years also present. Okay, so if this is the Force, why am I saddled yet again with this horrible hairstyle? Snorting at the incongruity of his own thoughts, he continued to peruse his appearance. His Jedi tunics were firmly in place, and the lightsaber hilt he had lost that fateful day on Naboo was affixed to his utility belt as if it had never been gone. Even the knee-high boots were the same worn and scuffed leather he remembered so vividly.

?Where am I?? he muttered, not realizing that he had spoken aloud until a soft voice answered.

?You are exactly where you need to be, young Jedi.?

Spinning around to face the unexpected presence, Obi-Wan came face to face with a startlingly ethereal figure. Her long silver hair reached well below her waist and her deep indigo eyes spoke of an almost disturbingly powerful wisdom. Her slim and willowy figure was wrapped in a light yellow robe, made of some wispy, yet opaque material.

?I don?t understand,? Obi-Wan stated, ?is this the Force?? Wincing at his own bluntness, he was dismayed to find that the imperiousness of his youth had also returned, along with the physical aspects.

?In a manner of speaking, yes this is the Force,? the woman answered softly. ?Actually, you could call this more a gift of the Force, than an actual manifestation of it.?

?And you are?? he questioned, unwittingly taking a step closer to her, drawn to her like a moth to the flame.

?You may call me Natira,? she stated graciously. ?I am here to guide you, and to help you in your decision.?

?My decision??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are much loved of the Force, and yet your life was painful at the best of times,? Natira sighed. ?You never wavered in your commitment however, and you worked to fulfill the will of the Force until your very last breath, and even beyond that.? Lifting her hand to his face, her silk-soft hand caressed the furrow that had developed between his brows, effectively halting the questions she knew he wished to ask.

?Your life served a purpose for the greater good, whether or not you are willing to accept it,? she explained. ?And though you made mistakes, and you oftentimes made things more difficult for your

3. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Uh oh...this is going to be 'fun' for Obi. :( Another great fic by CK. Can't wait for more :)

4. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Oooooo Another story, me likey.

Can't wait to see what trouble he gets himself into this time.

Okay, so if this is the Force, why am I saddled yet again with this horrible hairstyle? [face_laugh]

Great start!

5. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    AAAHHHH You POSTED!!!! AAAHHHH!!! :D :D :D :D :D

*passes out*

<will write more later when my brain starts working again!!>

6. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Yes, am I gonna sleep well tonight! A new CK story, with a fabolous start. :D

Obi-Wan very much deserves this! I get all jittery now, that's how excited I am!

7. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
  8. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    How wonderfully original, CK! There's an old theory that there are only so many usable plotlines and that writers spend their lives concocting variations on the same themes. I think you've just proposed something really new and unique.

Excellent, intriguing beginning. I'll be anxious to see where you take it. Lovely image of Obi, by the way.

CYN

9. Taffy01

Taffy01 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    OOOH!! Another CK fic!!!!!!!Yay!

Please post soon!!!!!!!!!!

Taff, loyal follower of CK
    :)

10. alterego

alterego Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    mmm...it could make an interesting twist into a nasty "Down-with-Anakin" fic...well, that's just me, but hell, isn't that what writing's for? To kill the prey the movie missed? oh well...

-_dparis

11. creelin

creelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, this looks like a great fic! I can't wait for more CK!

12. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Master

You posted a new one WHOOO!!!!

Interesting start BTW....Good job...

I wonder what three days he will chose..

Could it be the day his master died?

The day Anakin fell?

The day he left the Jedi when he was younger?

So many to chose from..Can't wait to read more..Keep up the good work..

Your Padawan

13. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Great start!

This looks like it's going to be a great fic.

14. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Wow, what a great start!
    That's a really original idea you have here.

I look forward to more.

15. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh this is a great idea and a beautiful start! Looking forward to more!

16. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :D *waves* I'm here! More please! :D

17. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Why do I sense so much more angst than "nothing to lose"?

Oh yeah - it's CK. :p [face_mischief]

18. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **sigh**

happy wookiee

[face_love] CK

19. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oooh am I glad I found this. I'm wondering what days he will choose and how they will be changed or not.

20. Natira_Megnan

Natira_Megnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Wow. Sounds great. Need some more.

*thinks a second* Hey! I was there too! *looks proud* :D

21. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Woow! Great start...am sitting here waiting for more!!! Please!

22. alterego

Jul 19, 2002
    just a little advertisement---

If ya'll like this, go check out CK's Price of Sacrifice and Why Live Life from Dream to Dream...Doozies, the lot of 'em.

I'd give the links themseves, but I don't know how..

yea.

-_dparis

23. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    Cool, I am excited!!! More soon. :cool:

24. alterego

Jul 19, 2002
    let's get this sucker up....

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5