main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadow Child (Qui-gon Angst, Obi angst/pain, JA) Author's note: 5/2/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Yep, another freaky story from me for Halloween, except unlike my OT, this is going to contiue after tonight.

Shadow Child

?Master!? a horrified, pained cry woke Qui-gon from his sleep.

Fear tugged at his heart as he quickly rose from his bed, for he knew that they cry had come from his Padawan, though he could sense nothing from their bond. Quickly he rose from his bed and grabbed his lightsaber from his nightstand; he hurried from his room to run to Obi-wan?s. Hitting the quick release, the terror he could feel in the Force that was coming off his Padawan heightened, though the bond remained silent. He slipped in before the door had completely opened, and came into a fighting position as soon as he was in. Looking around, he found no one in the room, and looked down to his Padawan?s bed. In shock he dropped his lightsaber and quickly went to the edge of the bed. The sight of Obi-wan nearly froze his blood, as he looked his Padawan over. The boy?s sheets were twisted around his lower body, as was normal, but blood pooled upon the bed near Obi-wan head. His nose, mouth and ears poured forth blood, and his skin was so pale it was nearly translucent, while his nearly black eyes sought out Qui-gon. Small whimpers and wheezing sounds came from his throat as he struggled to reach out to his Master.

?Master, hurts,? the seven teen year old whimpered so softly that Qui-gon barely caught it.

?I know, Obi-wan, we need to get you to the healers,? Qui-gon said, trying to remain calm, but failing as his heart twisted at the sight of his own dear son.

Qui-gon gently lifted the boy into his strong arms. Alarmed further by how cold Obi-wan was, he hurried out of the room, then out of the apartment, not bothering to pull on a robe. Obi-wan snuggled weakly against his bare chest, trying to find what warmth he could as the cold consumed his body. His own fear was threatening to smother him with how powerful it was, but the presence of his Master kept it at bay for the moment. But still the cold spread, and his grip on life weakened.

Qui-gon?s heart thudded as he felt Obi-wan?s body temperature go down with seemingly every step he took. Finally he entered the healers and was just about to call for one when a night healer saw him. Quickly sounding out for assistance, the Healer took Obi-wan from Qui-gon and rushed him into a side room. Qui-gon was about to follow, but he could not move as the suppressed shock rushed through him. Obi-wan had been well when he had gone to bed; there had been no sign of attackers, what could have happened? Questions ran through his mind, and the answers eluded him. He then moved to follow into the room where the Healer had taken Obi-wan when a small hand was placed upon his arm. Turning, he saw a young healer apprentice standing in front of him.

?Are you hurt, Master Jinn?? she asked, glancing up at him curiously.

Qui-gon looked down, upon the blood that stained his chest where Obi-wan had laid his head. He looked back up to the Healer apprentice, ?No,? he said softly, his shock filled mind only half registering what she had said.

?Do you know what happened?? she asked, when suddenly she was interrupted by the Healer who had taken Obi-wan.

Qui-gon looked up to the Healer, and the horrible fear in his heart turned to heartbroken sorrow, for he knew by the look upon the Healer?s face what had happened. He had never felt a thing along the bond they had shared.

?No?? that single word passed through his lips.

?I am sorry, Master Jinn, Padawan Kenobi is dead,? the Healer said sorrowfully.

That one word was torn from Qui-gon as he dropped to the ground on his knees, and buried his face within his hands. His child was dead, and Qui-gon had not felt a thing.

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You really know how to post a halloween torture story- reader torture that is!

3. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Obi dead within the first post?!?!? Please say it isn't so! It's a halloween nightmare right Neon??!

Good Post! Get more up quick please!

~*Nik*~

4. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    PadawanKitara LOL, I guess I do. :D ;)

Nikita: Seems a lot of my stories start out like that. ;) As it is past Halloween, you will just have to see.

From this point on, its switching from one person's POV to another's but it's going to stay in first person from here on out.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I open my eyes, to find a sheet over my face. Frowning, I pull it back, to find myself in a room in the Healer?s ward. For a brief moment, I wonder why I am here, when I suddenly remember why. Last night, or so I think, I came down with a horrible sickness. I remember that I couldn?t breath, barely speak, and the horrible coldness that had spread through my body. The coldness was still there, though I could breath now. Where was Master? He wouldn?t leave me without making sure I was all right. Perhaps he went to clean the blood off himself, but shouldn?t he be back by now?

I try to sit up, and for one panic full moment, I can?t. My arms and legs fill like dead weights that are only becoming alive again. I try again, and am finally able to lift myself to my elbows. Looking out half open door in front of me, I see a healer?s apprentice pass by.

?Hey,? I call, and she turns towards me.

Her screech fills the air as she dashes out of my view. Worried, I try to sit up further, hoping that I can find out what just caused her reaction. Suddenly a healer steps in, and stairs at me.

?By the Force,? he mummers, and turns to the frighten apprentice, ?Get Master Jinn, and the other healers.?

He then turns back towards me, and steps forward warily. Why are is he being so cautious, he looks like I might bite or something, or like he has seen a ghost.

?Healer Taran, am I all right? Where is my Master?? I ask him as he finally gets close to my bed.

?He is coming, Obi-wan, just lie down. I need to check something before I can answer your other question,? he says, and pulls out his scanner.

Making a brief check, his face pales further. He runs it again, and I fear he may pass out, as his face is now ashen gray.

?Is everything all right?? I ask.

Just then, my Master steps into the room. Tears stream from his eyes, and sorrow beyond imagine is within his eyes. My heart twists at the sight of him. What has happened? I haven?t seem him weep in such a long time.

?Master?? I ask.

He looks up sharply from where his eyes had lowered. He too pales, but gladness rekindles in his eyes as he sees me.

?Obi-wan,? he says softly, coming forward and starts to reach out to me.

The healer pulls his hand away before he can grasp mine.

?Master Jinn, there is something that I must speak to you about,? Taran says.

?Must it be now?? Master asks.

?Yes,? the Healer says, and he walks out.

?It?ll be all right, Obi-wan, I?ll be back soon,? Master says, and walks out.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    ?What is this about?? I demand as I walk out after the healer and close the door, ?You told me he was dead, yet I see that my Padawan is alive.?

?No, according to this, he isn?t,? Taran says, and holds out a data pad to me.

Taking it, I run through the results. No heartbeat, no blood pressure, no brain waves?

?This scanner must be broken or something. Obi-wan is talking, and sitting up. You cannot tell me that isn?t he isn?t alive,? I say.

?The scanner is accurate, I ran the test four times. Here,? he says, taking it back and running it over me, then he hands it back to me.

My readings are normal, yet Obi-wan?s?

?That boy was dead less then an hour ago. We tried everything to bring him back, but he was dead. No heart beat, no life signs. I don?t know what is going on, but that boy in there shouldn?t be alive,? Taran insists.

?Then how is it possible?? I ask, a cold shiver running down my spin.

?I don?t know, but I know that this is not humanly possible,? Taran says.

?That?s because he isn?t human,? a voice says from behind us.

5. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Oooh, freaky. Great post Neon! Need more.

6. NikSteevi

NikSteevi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    This is getting pretty scary and weird. Obi-wan isn't human?!! Huh? When did this happen? The horror, the horror? Maybe he's Yoda in disguise playing a joke?

Keep it going. I like it.

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks for the comments! :) Well, that is an intresting theory, though I couldn't tell you if it was correct or not... ;)

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Did you know that you are a very evil person?
    Post again soon!!!

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Has someone checked his teeth for fangs yet?? 8-}

10. JenosIdanian

JenosIdanian Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2002
    Whoa...trippy...but dang good stuff! Keep it up!

11. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    I really shouldn't get hooked on another story. Especially not one that starts like that one...

But, oh well, who cares about what I should or shouldn't do? For I'm definately hooked now.

12. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I am addicted to anouther one *sighs* oh well but this one looks GOOD!

Still not human? I wonder what that means. Hope we can get and explanation soon to that comment from whom ever.

Great post great fic *well from what I can tell so far* I am despret for anouther post! get typing.

Oh and let's give this an up for more to read. UP!

13. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I agree with PadawanKitara... is he a vamp!?!?! if he is... this is gonna be a great story!!!

More please Neon!

~*Nik*~

14. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    NEON, YOU GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME OFF THIS CLIFF I'M HANGING FROM THIS MOMENT!!!

:D

Wow, what a story!!! Another winner from the Star! More soon please, so I can find out what Obi IS! 8-} And confirm or deny my suspicions.

15. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    Whoa...Neon Star, that just plain freaky. Are you going to post again soon?

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    heloooo!!! *echo*

Just got here, love this and I must find out what is going on!!!

17. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You have me on the edge of my seat. oops *falls to the floor.*

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Neon, are you ever going to make another post for this story?

19. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    obi-wannabe_1138: Thank you, I thrive for freaky. ;)

NikSteevi: As I said, intresting theory, and this post should be the one to answer it. I've never tried anything on the scary level before, so I'm glad its getting the right effect. :D

Jedi_Knight150: Yes, I did, and you're not the first to say so. :D You'll get why I've been a bit slow with the post if you read the end of this long comment on comments, but at least you didn't wait a month or two like many of my other readers have. Oh, I just have to ask, on your sig, I am curious, when you say Go Rebels, do you mean the Rebellion SW, or something else. Just curious. :)

PadawanKitara: LOL, not yet. :p Though I don't think anyone wants to get near him either, as he's still clincally dead. ;)

JenosIdanian: Thanks. :)

ShirleyLang: Glad to know it got your attention, and is hopefully keeping it. :D ;)

Ganki: Maybe I should lower the addictive levels on my fics? ;) This just might give that answer, then again, it might not. [face_mischief]

Nikita: Hmmm, is he a vamp... Perhaps, perhaps not. You could always ask him. ;) j/k You'll see. [face_mischief]

Jacinta: Are you saying I put you on that cliff? [face_mischief] I say, you've given me yet another name to go by. :p First one, now the Star? Oh, a winner, you say? YAY! :)Hopefully it shall remain as such.

Larkonna: Thank you. :) Seems this answers your question.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Hi back, hope there isn't an echo in here, then I'd have to get the sound fixed. :p ;) Thanks, and you'll see. [face_mischief]

jacen200015: Heh, sitting on the edge of a seat must be dangerous. j/k Hopefully this shall keep you there though. ;)

Now, why am I late? Tests for one thing, and because its just been a bad week, period. I am worrid, and upset, and no, I don't feel like writing, but I need to get my mind on something other then my current problems, so here it is. Sorry it is so short.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    ?What do you mean?? I ask, turning to the new voice.

Before me stands a familiar figure, and for a moment I think it is an old friend, until I recognize the half hidden scare running along his furred neck.

?Master Tanek,? Taran says, bowing.

?I mean what I said, Jinn, Obi-wan Kenobi is not human, and has never been human. He is of a rare species that has never produced a force sensitive until him. He is not even alive, on many accounts,? Tanek says.

This comes as a shock to me, for one, how could I not know that Obi-wan wasn?t human, as I had been the one to retrieve him from a seemingly human family?

?How do you know this?? I ask.

?Because I was the one to arrange for him to be brought to a human family so that someone could pick him up. His kind warned me of this,? Tanek says.

?What is happening to him?? I demand, fear welling up in me. I can?t go through it again if he is again taken from me by death.

?He is changing, becoming what he is meant to become. But unfortunately he is dying as well,? Tanek says.

?There must be a way to save him,? I snap, and then try to control my rushing emotions.

?Taran, leave us. Attend to the boy,? Tanek orders.

Taran looks at each of us, weary of what may happen, then walks back into the room. When the door closes, Tanek speaks again.

?It is for the best. You would not wish for the boy to live, not when he is to become what he is to become,? Tanek says.

?What is he becoming? Why would I not wish for him to live? I could not do that to him,? I say, fighting with the desperation in my voice. I have forgotten how allusive those of this species can be.

?There is no proper name for his kind, though many call them vordamon, winged demon, and with good reason. You?re familiar with the term,? he says.

?Vordamons do not exist,? I say, trying to deny what my heart knew to be true.

?That boy in there is your proof, for one thing. The other is that even though your mind was cleared of the incident, you were attacked by one as a young man,? he says, and then suddenly he seems to regret speaking of it.

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    And you left us there??? [face_shocked]

Well, I can't really complain since schoolwork is more important than our fun and games here. Study hard!!

21. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, the good thing is that the posts should be coming in faster, since my tests ended Friday. Hopefully, anyways, unless the teachers get more sadistic. ;)

22. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Evil... all writers are evil...

How could you leave us at a place like this?!?

I hope next week will be better for you, I definately need to know what will happen next.

23. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks, and we are, are we not? ;)

up

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm in the Boston Fanforce group. We are called the Boston Rebels.

25. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    interesting premiss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.