main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unleashed Terror (JA Horror - Obi/ TPM Jedi) [Post 2 11.02.02]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, it appears that I have to work a lot on writing horror. I've written the next post more times than I cared to count, but each time it turned out to be stupid rather that horrifying. So, I'll post this story once again, after I get the whole story done to my satisfaction. :)

Aunecah

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    ?Go ahead, Padawan.? Qui-Gon Jinn?s face was neutral as he gazed at the fourteen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi. If the young apprentice realized that his master very hard not to smile, he didn?t show it. He easily unbuckled his safety belt, and jumped out onto the muddy ground beside the landspeeder.

Ahead, a forest stood misty under the shadows of the silvery moon, both beckoning Obi-Wan to enter it and warning him not to. Beyond that, he could just see the many turrets of a mansion. Overhead, the sky was dark, brewing a storm that promised to rival the ones on Kamino or Alderaan.

?Don?t forget,? Qui-Gon called from within the speeder, leaning toward Obi-Wan as much as his seat belt permitted. ?You start back at six in the morning.? Giving his apprentice a crooked grin, the Jedi Master backed down the dirt road and disappeared around a thick grove of trees.

Obi-Wan stared after his master for a longtime. If he had thought anything during those minutes, he didn?t remember them. He tore his gaze away onto the forest again, and then looked up at the dark skies. The clouds were roiling around in an eternal dance, as if they were propelled by a wind that was blowing around like waves instead of following a single direction in a linear fashion.

He paced toward the forest, deciding that the quicker he got indoors the better; he had not brought any clothes with him, as he hadn?t expected the weather to be like this, and he had no intention of staying in wet clothes all night.

The young apprentice entered the forest noncommittally, looking neither left nor right as he walked, only straight ahead. The ghostly forest failed to evoke any kind of emotions in him; he was neither scared nor curious, only determined. This was just one of the many forests that he had been in, and that made him feel right at home?never mind that he had been as far away from a forest as he could at night, or that he was completely alone.

With the Force as his ally, he had no reason to fear the normal.

Nothing happened until he was well into the forest, nothing to make Obi-Wan stop and rethink the logic of going into a forest in the dead of the night. Almost. By the time he was well into the forest, he noticed something strange: the foliage was starting to thin out until it was almost non-existent; from being scattered randomly, the trees started to fall back into perfect lines, as if somebody had planted them there. Also, Obi-Wan noticed with a frown, the trees didn?t have any low branches.

~Or leaves.~ A pale mist clothed the trees in its soft glow. ~This is very strange, indeed.~

A tingle shot up his spine, nearly making him jump. Feeling something that didn?t belong in the forest, Obi-Wan scanned his surroundings, but noted nothing that stood out at him. He squinted, inspecting the trees and the ground more carefully when something clasped his shoulder.

Obi-Wan jumped, wheeling around, his hand dropping automatically to his lightsaber.

He closed his eyes tightly, exhaling deeply. It was a droplet of rain that had splashed onto his shoulder, not a hand. There was no one present in this forest except himself. Exhaling deeply once again, he turned around?

Obi-Wan scrambled back, falling painfully onto his bottom as he lost his balance. His back dived through the mists and slammed against a tree.

He would have sworn he had seen a deathly-pale man standing right in front of him, not a hand-span away. But when he looked back before him, all he saw was ? nothing .

Furious at finding himself paranoid, Obi-Wan scrambled back onto his feet, just as a strong gust of wind blasted at him from behind, sending his dark-brown robes billowing in front, flapping against his legs. Then, it stopped.

Obi-Wan ran a hand through his hair that had been cut short save the long pigtail that fell down his shoulder. He suddenly didn?t feel so comfortable in the forest, anymore.

The Force might be his ally, but for it to work miracles, he would have to be a magician, which he wasn?t.

Another droplet of rain fell on

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    :_| There's too many stories to read. But this one looks good.

So Obi-Wan thinks he has to prove something, huh? Typical teenage boy.

Post more when you can, Aunecah. :)

4. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Aunecah, this does look good. How do you juggle 2 stories, plus the various vignettes you've been writing? I'm speechless at your time management. :)

5. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh great beginning Aunecah. I sense much trouble ahead for Obi (as usual.)
    JS: I'm also juggling two fics and numerous short ideas that I AM going to get written and posted one of these days. I just don't do a good job at it. ;)

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Suzuran : When I'm not studying (or reading books) I'm writing, so you can imagine what kind of a 'personal' life I got. 8-}

Cascadia : Thank you. I know what you mean about having too many stories to read.

Wild_Huntress : What do you mean you lack time-management skills. You're doing perfectly fine. :)

Anyway, here's the next part of the story. Things are getting a little more ... spooky. [face_devil]

. . . .

The Jedi Master reached the hotel that he was staying at an hour or so later. Qui-Gon was feeling terrible and worried, as if he had just committed a heinous mistake, but he told himself that was because he was away from his new apprentice for the first time, especially since this was a strange, new planet that they hadn?t come to before.

Mace Windu and Adi Gallia were still up when he walked into the suite, watching a holomovie. On the floor near a large window, Depa Billaba, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Yaddle, and Lumira Kiel were playing a game that looked suspiciously like sabacc. The rest of the Jedi who had come out here were scattered about the hall, either laying on the floor of slouched in chairs, some sleeping quietly, others snoring loudly.

?So, has he lost that mask of bravado yet?? Mace spared Qui-Gon only a brief glance before turning back to the movie.

?Well Mace,? said Adi, looking at the dark-skinned senior with her patented ?Can-honestly-boys-think?? look, ?if his senses had returned to him, then he would have been here, don?t you think.?

Mace looked at her in annoyance. ?Give me a break. I?m not capable of thinking intelligently when I?m watching a stupid movie that somehow manages to terrify you despite its surreal nature. Besides, I was just speaking rhetorically. Now I suggest you be quiet unless you want to miss the most critical five minutes.? With his speech done, he looked back at the screen where a dead woman was whirling around in deep oceans.

Adi rolled her eyes at Qui-Gon, but otherwise remained quiet. Qui-Gon flopped onto the sofa beside Mace.

?He went to the mansion, then?? asked Plo Koon.

?Yes,? said Qui-Gon. He added, for no reason, ?I?m not complaining, though. If it means that I?m going to be free to do whatever I want??

?Like harassing other masters and destroying apprentices? self-confidence?? Depa muttered under her breath.

??it is worth putting up with his irrational behavior,? Qui-Gon finished loudly, deliberately ignoring Depa?s words.

Nobody had come ten kilometers near the mansion in three hundred years. After the deaths of a dozen men and women, all the villagers of the ironically named Green city had left, including the mansion?s inhabitants.

A couple of decades ago, a tornado from the west had wrecked havoc, destroying long-since-deserted homes and other constructions Over the years, a forest had grown over the remnants of the village. Strangely enough, the mansion had been left untouched.

It might be some sort of strange coincidence, but Obi-Wan doubted it. Lightning crackled overhead as Obi-Wan slowly climbed up the short flight of slippery steps, noticing how murk and mud swallowed everything. But then, this mansion had been deserted for umpteen number of years.

He stepped into a veranda that extended a meter on either side of him, glad for the cover it provided from the rain. He was already soaking wet, and it appeared as if he was going to stay that way until tomorrow morning. He shook his robes, sending water flying everywhere, even as he unbuckled his boots. There was nothing he hated more than wet socks.

Some strange norm dictated that even if his entire body was drenching in water, his feet needed to stay dry when in shoes. He pulled off his socks and stuffed them into his boots. Picking them up in his hands, he walked bare-feet to the large, oak double-doors.

An intricate pattern of curves was engraved all over them. However, for all their complexity, the arcs appeared completely random. The door handle was another piece of a

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Guess nobody is interested, huh?

Aunecah

8. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    No, no, I'm interested! This is coming remarkably well! I'm so creeped out already and it's like only the second post!

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm here. I just have to keep reading things over because I'm so tired I can't understand what I'm reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.