main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Storm Warning (JA fanfic by Sio)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kim-kenobi, Sep 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    This is a another wonderful story by author known as Sio. She has written other fanfictions in the past (which is all GREAT)and they are all posted on EY archive(so check them out if you have not already).

Title: Storm Warning
    Author: Sio ( siobhancl2@aol.com )
    Spoilers: Tiny one for Rogue Planet.
    Rating: PG (some violence)
    Archive: Yes if you like, please ask.
    Timeframe: This story takes place when Obi-Wan is about 20 years old.
    Summary: A trip to the farside of Coruscant turns out to be more than the two Jedi bargained for.
    Disclaimer: All of these characters belong to George Lucas. I am just
    borrowing them for a little while and I promise to return them unharmed. No money is being made, only lots of fun!
    Notes: All conversations bracketed by // are the Jedi talking through their bond. Many thanks to Katie who keeps me writing with her wonderful plot bunnies and doesn't let me give up half way through a story! Without Tracy, Cassia and Katie there would be no more stories from this pen, thanks for the help guys.

--------------------------------

It was a boring job. He had known it would be when he had accepted the
    position with the Planetary Shield Maintenance Corp., but the pay was decent and his family had been moved planetside so at least he could see them more often now. Bort reached over and flipped the switch that rotated his view of the planetary shields of Coruscant. The triple layer of thin plates of energy caught the mid day sun, reflecting it back out into space in a brilliant haze of color. No lights blinked on his console, why would they. He had worked here 5 years now and nothing more than an occasional meteorite had ever interrupted the long slow days. Besides the latest Lift Wing Race was about to be broadcast on the underground network that had made all such illegal races a growing popular sport.

He turned his attention to the tiny view screen mounted next to his station and adjusted the volume. Propping his feet against the console of monitors at his disposal, he tipped his seat back and watched as the first round of racers dove gracefully from the upper level platform and headed to the bottom of the pit. His large feet neatly covered the small monitor that tracked Shield 1502, he never saw when the shield was impacted by a shower of scrap metal, shorting out the shield and tearing a hole through the layers below it and the intricate weather control system that protected the planet. He never noticed the frantic blinking of the red warning light. In fact it would be a good hour before Bort realized his mistake and notified the service teams
    docked on the orbiting maintenance station. The break in the shielding
    caused the system that maintained weather control to malfunction leaving the planet vulnerable to radical weather shifts. As clouds quickly began to gather over a city that never saw severe storms Bort in Shield Maintenance Division 1 cheered on his favored flyer.

Qui-Gon frowned, his eyes searching the skies overhead as a chill wind caught at his robe and whipped his hair away from his shoulders. He shifted in the large warm robe he wore pulling it tightly about him.

//Master what is it?// Obi-Wan, his apprentice stood a few feet away
    separated from his Teacher by the Chancellor and his entourage. They were on the far side of Coruscant waiting on a shuttle platform with a large delegation of senators and their aides. They had attended the yearly Rotunda; it was comprised of a weeklong series of debates and lectures wherein any new motions or laws that affected the planet were reviewed and ratified. Each year a team representing the Jedi Temple attended, this year the lot had fallen to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

//I don't know Padawan. Coruscant is protected by a weather control system we shouldn't be experiencing any changes in the atmosphere. I believe the temperature is dropping also.//

The young Jedi lowered his eyes from the growing gray canopy of clouds above them and sought

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh, I'm hooked. MORE!

3. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    This is great! Post more!!

4. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    oh yeah, I'm hooked. more please!!??!?

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, no! What horrible things can happen to Obi-Wan before his master is able to rescue him? Excellent beginning!

6. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999

Rough hands jerked him onto his back searching through his robe as it
    was hastily removed from him. Rain pelted his upturned face but
    consciousness was slow in coming. Grunts and whispered curses faded
    into his sense of awareness.

"What's this?" An unknown voice questioned as he felt his lightsaber
    being lifted from his belt. Before his mind realized what his body was
    doing Obi-Wan heaved himself up grabbing the casing of his weapon and
    jerking it back from his assailant.

"No!" With a gasp the human shape fell away from him following several
    already retreating dark shadows into the recesses of the lower level.
    He lay there for seconds staring into the darkness breathing heavily,
    his mind trying to catch up with the automatic response of his body.

"Wait." His voice cracked as he called out in a whisper into the
    darkness. Shakily he looked around his surroundings. His head was
    pounding, he couldn't think. What was he doing here, where was here?
    He was wet, cold and this place wasn't home. A sharp crack of thunder
    caused the disoriented padawan to start. The sounds of retro thrusters
    resounded in his ears. Shielding his eyes from the pouring rain he
    looked above him into the storm wracked sky. High overhead he could
    make out the shape of the landing platform and the catwalk he had been
    on only moments ago. He watched as the shuttle he had been waiting for
    moved away from the docking area, narrowly missing a bolt of lightning
    and sped off heading west.

"No wait." He reached his hand out to the receding craft, his heart
    lurching as he watched the ship depart. He had been left behind. He
    remembered everything now; the crowds on the platform, the guard, the
    blaster bolt. The bolt! Fumbling, he looked down to his chest and
    fingered the slightly burnt area on his tunic where the energy blast had hit him. He closed his eyes in relief as his mind ran over what the implications of being hit by a full charged weapon would have been. His body had begun to ache and the rain had quickly seeped through his
    clothing after his robe had been stolen.

Gingerly he tried to gain his footing but slipped on the canvas flooring beneath him. No it wasn't the floor. He was sitting on in the middle of a tangle of cloth that had once been a makeshift tented roof. The fabric stretched above the third level, had caught him when he had slipped off the catwalk and broken his fall keeping him in one piece when he landed on the hard permacrete walk. The shift in his position brought on a wave of dizziness. Sitting quickly back down he rested his head in hands until the world stopped shifting beneath him. When he raised his head again there was blood on his arm trailing down the tracks the rain was making on his skin and darkening the sleeves of his tunic where it was catching in bright pools and splotches. 'That'll never wash out', the thought struck him as odd as he tried to find the source of the bleeding. He seemed fine, he frowned involuntarily as he concentrated and found himself wincing in pain with the slight expression. Reaching up he touched his left temple and probed the open wound he found there. His eyebrow was split and the gash ran back diagonally up into his hairline. That would account for the blood and the dizziness. He needed to stop the bleeding and he needed to get out of the rain.

Looking around him for shelter he saw that he was on an unused catwalk
    on a sublevel of Coruscant. How far had he fallen? Looking up again at the empty docking platform he thought he could make out at least three different levels He shifted away from the edge of the walkway and pressed against the duracrete wall behind him, using an overhanging
    catwalk for protection from the steady downpour. His ankle was throbbing and it wasn't supporting his weight well.

He took the hem of his tunic and ripped a length of cloth from the edge. Folding it in a long strip he wrapped it around his head to stop the bleeding from the cut on his temple, wiping the blood and water out of his eyes to clear his vision.

7. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Sio?? you already know how I LOVE this one!! If you guys havent read her other fics...CHECK THEM OUT!!! they are fantastic!!!

8. Emma3Jane

Emma3Jane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2000
    Thank you Kim! And double thanks to Sio!

I can't wait to read what happens next! I like the original story plot, especially the use of an unusual storm as the catalyst to turn a simple mission into a difficult and dangerous one.

More?

What's the adress for the Early Years [I am assuming this is the EY mentioned] archives?

E3J

9. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I think the address is:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Picture/6672/early_index.html

I liked the way that Obi-Wan had random thoughts as he was waking up. First he thinks the blood will never wash out, and only later does he think about contacting his master. Good! I can't wait to see what sort of adventures he has to go through before Qui-Gon can get back to him.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    First, thank you Kim, for feeding my addiction for JA by bringing these wonderful stories here.

Second, Sio, this is marvelous!! Exciting and suspenseful. Please keep going.

11. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
  12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    You've got my attention!!! (2 JAs in 1 day! Wow!)

13. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    This is a great story, keep it up!

14. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Please post on this wonderful well written story soon.

15. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    Justice Will be Served

Part 2

By: Katie

While on the transport bound for Sariani, Qui-Gon briefed his Padawan on the situation at hand. Obi-wan listened intently, waiting for his Master to complete the tale before he spoke.

Qui-Gon finished giving his Apprentice the last of the details and waited for the boy's reaction. Obi-wan sat in silent thought for a few moments. When he spoke, he chose his words carefully.

"I don't understand this, Master." Obi-wan said, in an almost disturbed manner. He and Qui-Gon had done everything possible to help the king and the Sariani while they were on the planet. Qui-Gon had been the one who had finally brought a peaceful end to the conflict. Now, when the unthinkable happened, of all people, they accuse his Master. It didn't make any sense, and it certainly wasn't fair. "Why you?"

"I'm afraid I don't know, Padawan. The murder of a planet's leader is always an extremely complicated situation. Everyone is quick to blame everyone else. Only, why they are going as far to accuse me, I simply do not know."

"But you weren't even on Sariani when it happened." Obi-wan protested.

"Yes, Padawan. However, that doesn't seem to matter. To them I am simply an off-worlder, and a representative of the Republic, two things that the Sariani do not trust. This mission will be a difficult one. Therefore, we must be cautious and prepared for anything. We must trust in the Force and let it guide us. It is important that we show the Sariani the truth."

"Yes, Master."

A silence passed between them for a moment as Obi-wan finished absorbing the information he was given. Qui-Gon's voice was the first to fill the silent void. The words he spoke carried a regretful tone with them.

"I'm sorry about your birthday Obi-wan."

The young Jedi stared back at his Master, confusion written on his face. He then glanced down at his wrist chronometer, and was astonished by what he saw. It was his birthday. Everything had happened so quickly this morning he hadn't even realized it.

"It's alright, Master." The Padawan said quickly after his discovery.
    "I'd much rather miss my birthday than see you accused for something you didn't do."

Qui-Gon was pleased to find no disappointment in the boy's words, nor did he sense any from him. Yet, despite his Apprentice's reassurance, the Jedi Master was determined to make it up to him; some how.

Qui-Gon smiled warmly and the youth sitting across from him.

"Come, Obi-wan." The Master stood and walked over to his Padawan, helping him rise to his feet. "Lets get some rest. Something tells me it's going to be a long trip."

A crowd awaited the Jedi team when they stepped off the transport. Yet, it was not a gathering of happy people as it had been when they had left the planet. Those now before them bore the insignia of the royal guards of Sariani and held blasters at their sides.

The king's second chair, Ambassador Daren Marsel, moved forward to greet them.

"I welcome you back to our planet, Master Jinn and Padawan Kenobi. I only wish it could be under better circumstances." Ambassador Marsel said with a beaming smile, a little to beaming for Obi-Wan's liking.

"Thank you, Ambassador." Qui-Gon replied as both Jedi bowed. "However, it would appear that not all welcome us as warmly as you do."

"Yes, this," Ambassador Marsel motioned to the guards around them, "was the doing of the rest of the council. You must understand, Master Jinn, that the majority of the council and the majority of the citizens hold you solely responsible for the death of our king. Although I felt it was unnecessary they believed it was important to make sure you arrived to meet with the council without getting...how do I put this...side tracked?"

"What do you think is necessary, Ambassador?"

"I believe it is necessary to find those who are truly responsible for the murder of our king so our planet can move on for the better." Qui-Gon nodded at the Ambassad

16. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    NEXT PART :D

Qui-Gon turned to the Chancellor seated next to him. "He's alright."

The statesman was watching him curiously, trying to hide a smile that tugged at his lips. "Yes I can tell."

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow in question, and smiled back.

"Its not often you are having a conversation with someone and they
    immediately stop speaking and beginning smiling to themselves."

Qui-Gon laughed softly. "My deepest apologies Chancellor. I did not mean to ignore you."

"Of course not, its alright. He is okay then?"

Worry flashed across the face of the master, "He said he was hurt, he didn't say how badly."

Vallorum nodded, "My shuttle will be waiting when we land, it is at your disposal."

"Sorry gentlemen, but no one will be going anywhere." The Pilot turned in his seat glancing back over his shoulder at the Jedi Master and the
    Chancellor. "We just got word from weather control that the system has gone down. Seems there was a breach in the shielding that collapsed the control stations. Storms are breaking out all over the planet. Transportation has been grounded until further notice. You won't be going back there today."

Obi-Wan had traveled little distance since contacting his Master. There was a deep pain in his ankle that he couldn't damp down anymore and the ache in his head and back distracted him.

He moved along the wall searching for stairs or abandoned lift tubes, any path that might lead him a level up and a level closer to safety and his Master. Coming to a darkened wood patched door he pushed the entryway in and stumbled into the interior. The darkness wrapped him in an eerie silence; the inky blackness of the room was almost palpable. His steps were loud and resounded oddly in the space around him. On instinct he removed his lightsaber and thumbed it on. The snap hiss of light sent small unseen creatures scurrying for cover. In the blue glow of his blade Obi-Wan stared out across the expanse of a now deserted amphitheater. The once elegant chairs and decorations had long since been removed and only the permacrete stairs and steps framing the central theater remained. The stage was concave, located in the center of the building ringed by ledges and rows of stone. At first glance, Obi-Wan thought the room had been long forgotten but
    upon closer inspection he noticed areas in the large open space where there was no dust on the floor. A dark thick substance on the ground attracted his attention. Bending down he touched the black stain rolling the liquid between his fingers and bringing them up to smell the matter. Oil - fresh, and freshly used by the slightly burnt ozone smell to it. He quickly wiped his fingers on his pants and turned to leave when the sound of laughter froze his steps and raised the hair on the back of his neck.

"What do we have here?" A bodiless voice called out across the amphitheater, "Is that a Jedi we see?"

"Looks the like to me." Another voice answered from the shadows to his left. "But what would a Jedi be doing down here?"

From the pit of the stage a swoop hovered into view. Presumably through the lower entrances that would allow the cast onto the stage unimpeded, Obi-Wan concluded. His lightsaber's soft glow did not illuminate the room enough to make out the rider of the swoop. Another bike floated out from the darkness of the upper ledge where it had been hidden in the shadows. Within moments the young Jedi counted seven vehicles in his immediate range.

---------------------------------

"Outsiders aren't welcome here." The voice from the center bike on the stage spoke again. "This is Wraith territory. If you're not a Wraith you don't get out." No one spoke, no one moved. "Well, you don't get out alive anyway." A snicker from behind him to his right caused the apprentice to start and turn back towards the door he had come through. A compact heavily modified swoop sat in the doorway. The nose of the machine had been altered, the alumniplast of the bo

17. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    I love it! please, keep it coming.

18. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    my apologies for posting JWBS here by accident. If there is a lot of feedback I promise to post more tonight.

Kim B :)

19. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Obi fends off the swoop gang! wow cool!
    Post More Please!!

20. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Good action with the swoop gang, very believable. I liked the way his light saber fell in a puddle and shorted out.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very exciting!!!

Poor Obi's gonna have a long wait with all traffic gtounded. I hope Qui-Gon finds some way to locate his apprentice.

22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good!!!!!

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Post more soon, mkay?

24. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Such an excellent story. Kim please let Sio know what a wonderful job is being done.

Kim thank you so much for sharing this story with us!

25. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Other than getting kind of confused over the great story in the middle that didn't fit.... I love this Story! Please post more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.