main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HAVEN~Obi/Qui COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LuvEwan, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Hello everyone! I've decided to make this a bit longer than my other vignettes, that ran about three pages or less. It won't be as long as my other stories, but I'm going a bit further with this one. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

LuvEwan

Haven
    By: LuvEwan

^^^^*^^^^

The night had reached the climactic point, blue sky veiled by thick darkness, glittering white jewels imbedded in the black depths.

A sliver of a moon was amongst the spectacle, casting a yellow glow upon the sleeping city.

The extension of its illuminating fingers invaded the Temple, quiet and still in this hour of slumber. Soft incandescence bathed the youthful face in unwavering, natural light.

Qui-Gon Jinn leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms over a broad chest. Even his strong, distinctly masculine features were made mild by the midnight twinkling. He watched his apprentice rest.

The recent weeks had been trying, busied by intense assignments and higher training. Exhaustion had steadily built in the twenty year old, shadowing his eyes and slowing his steps. He concealed that mounting weariness with smiles and bursts of energized movements.

The master knew better than to be fooled by the earnest attempts, however admirable they were.

He too was tired.

They were Jedi, and their levels of tolerance were considerably higher than most. They could endure more than the average being with minimal consequence to physical and mental form.

Of course, despite a certain Padawan's arguments, a Jedi's limits could be, and were continually, reached. Even the strongest soul deserved solace and the chance to recover.

Qui-Gon realized he should be in bed himself, for the hour was late and his body ached. Obi-Wan would surely sleep the remainder of the night.

So why was he not content?

The younger man stirred, the blankets rustling as he turned onto his side. A wisp of ginger hair fell to his cheek.

Qui-Gon padded to his bedside and sat on the mattress, creating a rather loud creak.

Obi-Wan's long, pale lashes fluttered. A groggy sigh slipped from barely parted lips. A frown furrowed his brows and left a deep line between them. "Hmmm?mmm?ph?"

His observer chuckled lightly. A large hand brushed against his forehead, a hand roughened by harsh winds and callused from years of protecting those he neither knew nor loved. The same hand that could offer such gentle comfort in warm, tender touches. The hand that had healed this child, on dead patches of grass of some barren battlefield, and in this room.

Though he knew, somewhere beyond fervent denials, that this was not a child before him.

It was not the ripple of muscles or the thin stubble so easily formed on round cheeks that told him so.

It was beyond biological advances, deeper than merely shedding youthful innocence.

Qui-Gon traced a jagged, faded line that marred his apprentice's back. An ugly mark earned by defending an ailing infant during fierce territorial conflict. Severely wounded by the quick vibro-shiv, Obi-Wan had displayed remarkable valiance, waiting until the sobbing babe was secured in another's safe hold before collapsing. The last words that passed from his numbing mouth were 'Why a child?'

As Qui-Gon had gathered him, resting that limp body against his sturdier one, he was forced to ponder the same thing.

For a Jedi was never considered a child, possessing the right to dream or give to instances of pure silliness. Or to abandon all their lessons in composure, and simply cry.

No. A Jedi was rarely innocent.

But his apprentice had been.

Even when the cruelest of tortures, creative and harsh, were inflicted upon him, he clung to that guileless aura, let it flood him, and protect the sensitive soul within.

For a long while, it had worked.

Qui-Gon could admit here, in the unquestioning silence, that he had wanted his Padawan to mature. If he were to have remained the sweetly untainted youth he was, it would have been a powerful dange

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I love it, LE! [face_love] Your descriptions are lovely, as always. I don't know how you do it.

I'm sure Obi-Wan's not going to let this rest. I'm excited to see what happens next!

3. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Cascadia Thank you!!! [face_love]

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Very interesting. And . . . :( But good! ;)

More please? :)

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Most interesting, and very well done, LE. :D Can't wait for more. :)

6. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Great start! :D

I'm looking forward to more.

7. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Yup, what they said 8-} Can't wait for more!

8. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    You

Left

It

There

HOW COULD YOU. IT WAS JUST THE FIRST POST AND LOOK WHAT I'M DOING.

I NEED MORE

PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE

9. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That was really lovely - you truly have a gift for description. I hope you'll post more soon - I want to know wher Qui is taking him!

Shaindl

10. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Interesting! I'm looking forward to more! :)

Nicky

11. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Superbly written, LuvEwan!! This is great. I can't wait to see where they're headed!

12. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow LE a great beginning :) Always like these vignette type things ;)

13. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh my gosh! I came to check on this little thing and saw that the response was pretty overwhelming for a story of mine, especially a vignette! So many new people! :D

Since you all pretty much expressed the same thing, I'm just going to give a collective response to obaona, Jedi_Suzuran, jedi_nayru, Tahiri, OBI_JEDI, Shaindl, Nicky, Cheveyo and Ginger_Jedi...

THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!! [face_love]

14. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    COOL!!!!!!!

MORE PLEASE

15. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Thursday there'll be another post for sure!!! :D

16. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Oooo I like this! Can't wait for the next post!

17. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    *walks in and gives the fic a LITTLE kick*

18. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    WOW! I really like the parental tenderness that Qui-Gon is displaying towards Obi-Wan. Please post more soon. This fic is sure to be, if not already, a WINNER!

19. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    The response to this is wonderful! Thank you [face_love] to Blue Jedi, Lieutenant_Page , OBI_JEDI and Bekah_k!!! :D

I had really planned on having another post up today, but a headache interfered with those expectations. :( I promise one soon, though I have to put my first priority into 'Blurred Visions', which is posted without fail every day.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!

20. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I hope you feel better soon :)

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This is so beautifully descriptive. I can't wait for more!

22. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Thank you Tahiri and PadawanKitara. You are both so sweet! [face_love]

23. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    uppitty.

So when do we get more?

24. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002

Thanks for upping me, OBI_JEDI :D

^^^^*^^^^

The Temple hangar was deserted. Glow rods provided dim light, so the two could make their way to a small ship.

It was a sleek little vehicle, shining silver in the near-black.

There wasn't an attendant, but the Jedi weren't fools. Only masters were allowed to use the transports, after punching in a security code.

Master Jinn keyed his in now.

Obi-Wan stood patiently beside him, rubbing the heal of his hand at his eyes, wiping away the remnants of his interrupted slumber. He was past the time of weary confusion, well into alertness, though he was weaving on his feet.

Qui-Gon noticed. He turned to his protégé. "You can sleep on the way."

Obi-Wan's head snapped up, a blush blooming on his cheeks. "I'm fine, Master." He swept his hair back and stood straighter.

The hatch popped open, slowly descending a ramp.

They walked up, their steps echoing amid the silence. "You needn't do such things, Padawan."

Obi-Wan's heart quickened. He didn't mind being corrected, but he hated when his Master was forced to point out faults. He didn't doubt Qui-Gon cared for him, though he harbored insecurity from their early days together. Anything he accomplished that was short of perfection irked him. Because he suspected it irritated his teacher. "What, Master?"

"That."

Obi-Wan struggled not to crinkle his nose. "What, Master? I don't understand."

Qui-Gon sealed the hatch and strolled to the cockpit, leading his apprentice by the shoulder. "I know you're tired, Obi-Wan. I am, too. We are both exhausted. So why do you feel compelled to hide such a base, human need?"

Obi-Wan swallowed. Fiercely intelligent eyes were secured to him. He was floundering, searching for a response that would evoke respect, or at the least satisfaction. "I----I don't know---"

Qui-Gon smiled, tenderness etched in his visage. Affection lilted an otherwise deep voice. "Yes you do." He whispered, and turned to set the coordinates. "Go lay down while I set everything."

"But I could do---"

"A sweet offer, Obi-Wan. But you don't even know where we are going."

The apprentice stood there dumbly, limbs suddenly heavy and thoughts hazing.

Qu-Gon placed his arm around the slumped shoulders and walked to the ship's lone bedroom, the younger man following without protest.

The sleepcouch was large, with simple white linens and plump pillows.

To Obi-Wan, it looked like a lavish paradise. At the moment, anywhere that was soft and cushioned was his dream. His sore body throbbed for it. He stifled his longing, shrugging out of Qui-Gon's touch.

"Master, " He said huskily, accent thickened by weariness. "This is more than I require. The sofa in the main room is sufficient---"

Qui-Gon was already shaking his head. "I don't want to hear anymore. We will be having a long talk tomorrow , you best be well rested for it."

That was enough for Obi-Wan to sink into submission. He sat on the bed, kicked off his boots, and settled beneath the coverlet.

Qui-Gon's mouth upturned. "Isn't that better than a short sofa you would have spent half the night trying not to fall off of?"

"Yes, Master?But what about you?"

A hand brushed across his forehead. "Don?t worry about me, Obi. Just get some sleep."

Obi-Wan smiled loosely. He loved the nickname from his childhood, especially when his Master used it. It lent a sense of casualty and closeness. "Yes?Mas?"

His eyes slipped close.

^^^^*^^^^

25. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Just came across this, LE. Beautifully done. What an image you're creating - and can I pleeeezzzze tuck him in?

You know, of course, that I don't have time for this. I've even joined the ranks of lurkers, because, for the most part, I can read and review - or I can write, sneaking a read in every so often.

But I'll definitely be watching. You've piqued my curiosity - not to mention my libido. :eek:

CYN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.