main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Jedi Knows Not Fear- JA, humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi-wannabe_1138, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    OK this is the idea of a weird little bunny. I wrote this during school today. It's humor, not rolling in the aisles kinda funny, but, hopefully, cute and mildly entertaining. [face_smile]

Era: JA
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: Obi-Wan is not afraid... or is he? [face_devil]
    Disclaimer: You know who (SW characters) do not belong to you know whom (moi) who is not making any you know what ($$$) off this fic.

A Jedi Knows Not Fear

Obi-Wan Kenobi was not afraid. He simply refused to be. There was no way he was going to let his emotions control him. He was not afraid. He was a Jedi Padawan. He would not give in to fear.

Lightning split the sky beyond his window. Blue-green eyes darted around the dim room nervously- from surprise, he told himself, not fear. There was none of that for Obi-Wan, not even after having spent the whole three-day hyperspace trip to Ungava reading horror stories. Not even when the Planetary Governor's house was so old and creepy and probably haunted. Jedi did not get scared.

Thunder clashed outside. Obi-Wan's hands shook. He wanted to whimper- no, he thought. He did not want to whimper, he was not afraid. At least he wouldn't be if it weren't so dark and stormy and creeky on this planet. The horror stories he'd read, of course, had absolutely nothing to do with it. Qui-Gon had told him not to read them. The Padawan had shrugged, saying that, at thirteen years of age, he was not afraid of creepy stories.

"You will be," Master Qui-Gon had said. Obi-Wan had proven him wrong. Those sorts of tales were entertaining, not frightening (at least, not for aspiring Jedi.) Well, the one with the Dark Side witch was a tad disquieting- he could just imagine the rustle of the ancient hag's skirts as she charged her victims mercilessly. Speaking of which, what was that weird noise? He tried not to think about it. Instead the boy's thoughts turned to the tale of that headless mass murderer, the one who crept up on suspecting travellers in or near graveyards. The last sighting of him had been only four years ago, right here on Ungava. A merchant coming home from a trip had felt, from completely out of the blue, a frigid hand grab him by the shoulder. The moments preceeding the poor man's escape had been among the worst of his life, he later reported.

Suddenly, the lights went out altogether. The small room was plunged into blackness. Obi-Wan jumped a bit. Briefly he thought of running to Qui-Gon. He liked to think, later on, that bravery kept him from doing so. It did not. Most likely his teenaged pride told him that he could not run and hide under his Master's robe. But the ensuing minutes were very difficult. He did not know what to do. It was late, and he knew he ought to go to bed, but he was too anxious to move. And seriously- what in stars was that sound? It had begun to grate on his nerves.

I'm not scared, Obi-Wan reminded himself desperately. There is no fear. There's.... Oh, Force! His train of thought was derailed by another clap of thunder. And, as if he weren't already frightened enough (but he wasn't really frightened at all, was he?) a large hand suddenly clamped down on his shoulder. Obi-Wan yelped and jumped in the darkness. He spun, with Force enhanced reflexes, ready to meet any threat, and collided with Qui-Gon.

"Master?" He was too stunned to say anything more.

"Padawan. Care to tell me what you're doing standing here in the dark?"

"It.... I.... Didn't the lights go out for you, too?"

"It's fixed now," Qui-Gon said, and turned the lights back on. He clearly took in the book of horror stories lying on Obi-Wan's bed, but said nothing about it. The Apprentice hung his head. After all he'd done to look brave and smart, just once, he'd still managed to make a fool of himself.

"Obi-Wan. Look at me."

Obediently, he met the older man's gaze.

"Padawan, I have to tell you that you are extraordinarily brave, even for a Jedi, as I have said many times. You don't need this-" here

2. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    YAY! First post!

Great job, obi-wannabe, that was very, very, cute...

I especially liked the ending, Qui-Gon was very understanding...

:)

Nice job!

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    How sweet! Glad Qui understood, although Obi... [face_laugh]

Nice one, o-w. [face_love] :D

4. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks guys. Know what's funny? I actually did a non-Star Wars version of this which I am about to show to my Mom (I don't think she'd approve of my obsession.) Anyway up, for now.

5. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Yes I'm going around and upping all my fics. ;)

6. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    >>>>>>Then Qui-Gon did something he did all too rarely- he smiled. His Padawan could be so strange sometimes, in a loveable way.<<<<<<<< poor Obi :D It was very entertaning and very good I enjoyed it alot.

Velvet

7. BriaTharen

BriaTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    awwwww that was really cute but not fluffy, which is good! i loved it

8. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I think only one thing can be said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks guys! Up! :D

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    HA!! lol. I thought that was funny!! Obi's anxiousness....lol. I like the ending a lot. Quite cute. Yeah, Obi is cute and loveable in an odd way.... [face_love]

I like very much. Is there some sort of sequel? Only one more thing to say LupOupLup

Get it? L up O up L up. Like lol...never mind :D

11. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
  12. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Aw, that was pleasant! :D Good job. Realistic portrayal of...the willies. ;) You should write more ficlets like these!

13. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Jess: No sequel but if you liked this you may want to check out some of my other vignettes. ;) Thanks. Yeah Obi is just so cute when he's little.... [face_love]
    Master Ari: Thank you!
    LE: Ha! Thanks. I think I got this plot bunny one night when the shadows in my room kept making weird shapes and I just took it from there. I do have other short ficlets if anyone's interested......

14. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL! A horror book he was reading in the dark. Pretty funny stuff you have going on now. I enjoyed that, let's hope there's more. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.