main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Little Drops of Life (Series of Vignettes) Obi-Wan (humor) [04-01-03!!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I was working on a 'fic of mine, and was attacked by this idea. I was reluctant at first, seeing as to how I still had at least three other stories to finish. But these are only vignettes, complete stories in their own right, I decided to post them here. :)

Hopefully, they're all AU, because I would hate for the characters' lives to end the way I wrote them. ;)

And here's the first one, starring Dormé. :)

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Left in Dust

The sky was a blanket of darkness overhead, resonating to the celestial dance of the lightning to the voice of the thunder. Vinaga was not a very technologically-advanced planet, and the lack of the feeble lighting of the moon and the stars threw the streets into long, oppressive shadows. It didn?t rain often on Vinaga, and Dormé Jade Sankhi thought it interesting that nature had to choose today to bestow this anomaly upon her.

She arbitrarily strolled down one deserted street after another, not really thinking about where she was going. Ever since that fateful evening nearly half a week ago, Dormé had been strolling the streets like a desperate lunatic looking for a lost treasure, or a half-hearted slayer intent on revenge.

The wind was biting into her skin, she was soaking wet from the rainstorm, and the streets were more than a little dangerous at nights, but Dormé didn?t care. She had played with danger all her life as Senator Amidala?s handmaiden, and this was nothing different. Then, she had done it from her friendship with the senator and the loyalty for her planet. Now, she was doing it out of love for her own flesh and blood.

?You pick interesting times to explore your neighborhood, milady.? A deep voice sounded from behind Dormé, nearly making her jump a foot into the air. She probably would have managed such a feat if she hadn?t been so weary. But as soon as the surprise passed, and the voice registered in her mind, Dormé felt inexplicable joy.

?And you pick interesting times to re-enter the lives of your old friends, Master Obi-Wan.?

?It is a Jedi trait that I must have picked up along the way. No pun intended.?

?Apparently so.? Dormé continued walking, now with Obi-Wan Kenobi beside her. She didn?t really know Obi-Wan, not in the level that she knew some other friends, like Sabé and Saché, but sometimes Dormé felt as if Obi-Wan were more of a friend to her than either of the two ladies could ever be. Obi-Wan was very gregarious, though she had disliked him initially. Now, when she looked back and tried to reason her dislike, she found herself at a loss for words.

?What brings you hear, Master Obi-Wan?? Dormé asked after a moment of silence.

?Several things, milady. I?m here mainly on Council business, but having finished what I have come here for, I thought I would benefit from some little non-sequential talk with a friend.? He scrutinized her before adding, almost as a challenge, ?However, I see that that is not possible.?

?Indeed. Your wisdom is truly formidable,? Dormé said sarcastically, almost petulantly. She had suffered so much during the last week alone, and had nobody to take her anger out on. Until now. Dormé had always known that all the emotions that she had bottled up inside a dark pit would erupt eventually, which was one of the reasons why she had run away from her relatively new home. She almost wanted to tell Obi-Wan to just leave her alone, but that would be futile.

Considering what little she knew about Obi-Wan and the Jedi, he would not go until he got to the bottom of this, and telling him to go away would only strengthen his resolution to stay right where he was.

?What?s wrong, Dormé?? Obi-Wan asked, dropping all formality. Of course, since she was technically no longer Senator Amidala?s handmaiden, she had no formal title, but she hadn?t managed to pull Obi-Wan out of that nasty habit and had eventually given up.

?People like you coming to ruin my day.?

Obi-Wan had the grace to not take it as a personal insult.

?I heard you married.?

?Mm.? Dormé looked down at the ground, almost determined to count the individual atoms that made it up. The rain water was driving spikes into the mud, creating tiny fountains of murky waters, some of which managed to drive into her shoes.

If there was one thing Dormé hated more than anything else in the entire world, more than her in-laws (though that hadn?t seemed possible), it when her feet managed to get surreptitiously wet when tucked into socks and boots. But the

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Hmm. Nothing like no replies to discourage me from posting vignettes in the morning. :D

Aun

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    very interesting! I had to LOL when I saw the name of Dormé's little girl. :D

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks Liz . :)

Aun

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    *whew* took me a while to find this - ~ one hour. [face_plain]

I'm just posting so I don't have to go on a wild chase again, but there's going to be an update soon. It's going to be Obi, obviously, and I think - now that I'm revamping this little idea - the series of vignettes are going to be lighthearted. At least I'm hoping they will. And I have entirely too many vignette-bunnies floating around in my mind to clutter the boards with all the stories, and then have one heck of a time finding all of them again.

Hence - what I meant to see is that you'll have a post soon, like tomorrow or day after, unless something goes very wrong. :)

Aunecah

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, this is a repost from another section of the fanfic, but I liked the story so much, I wanted this to be in here, just in case I miss its existence in the Saga forum. I'm working overtime on the next vignette (a completely new one, mind you), so we'll just have to wait and see when I'll post that.

Aunecah

--------------------
    Master, I'm At It Again

"Listen, Qui-Gon, you can hear their voices from here too."

Qui-Gon couldn't believe what he was seeing. Tahl, a reputatedly kind Jedi healer and a rather lovable Jedi Master, sitting on her feet near the door adjoining their room in the hotel to another room, eavesdropping on things that were best left un-eavesdropped. He could, however, hear the mingled cries from the other side of the door, and he suddenly wished he had never let Tahl drag him into a hotel that was meant for everybody but was used mostly as a collection of honeymoon suites.

"Tahl," he started quietly. "I really don't think - "

"I think whoever is in there is Jedi," Tahl whispered in a childlike voice. "I can feel their presences."

Frowning, Qui-Gon stretched out with the Force. Even though the presences were masked infinitely by the empowering emotions that their owners were feeling, they most definitely belonged to Jedi. Curiousity finally overcoming his Jedi restraint, he joined Tahl at the door and listened along with her.

"Maybe it's Mace," Tahl whispered after around a minute.

"Unlikely. The only person he is ever likely to do - that - with is Adi, and she's currently on a mission somewhere in the galaxy that definitely is NOT here."

Tahl raised an eyebrow at him. "I guess you're right." She turned back to the door. "How about it's Obi-Wan?"

"How about it's not?" Feeling her eyes on him again, Qui-Gon looked at her sternly. "I haven't run halfway across the galaxy to realize that I'm in the same building as my apprentice."

"You're just worried that he'll never let you live it down if he found out that we were both in the same room, in a suite reputabaly reserved for newly-weds." Tahl's voice had that irritating knowing look on her face again.

"No, I'm worried that he's going to keep annoying the Dark Side out of me until I tell him the chemistry between men and women," Qui-Gon yawned.

"He's young, he doesn't know anything, and all his friends do. Of course he's going to be curious."

"If that's him in the room, then consider him officially the one with the Force as soon as I find out."

"Aw, come on, Qui-Gon. He's twenty. What's the problem as long as he doesn't end up making that lucky girl pregnant?"

"What if he's the 'Jedi restraint be damned, I'm going to think about the problems as they come in' kind of guy?" said Qui-Gon.

Tahl opened her mouth to answer, but she stopped when a male voice spoke from the other side of the door.

"Master's going to kill me." The voice belonged - unmistakably - to Obi-Wan.

"What the SITH???" Qui-Gon thundered. He had bolted out the door in a Force-enhanced speed before Tahl could as much as blink. Worried, Tahl quickly sprinted after him. By the time she was out the door, she saw Qui-Gon pounding furiously on the door leading to the room in which Obi-Wan was in, doing what he wasn't supposed to be doing.

He finally lost patience and used the Force to open it inside out. Tahl and Qui-Gon entered the room and nearly collided into a figure. It was Obi-Wan, wearing nothing but a towel that he seemed to have hastily wrapped around his waist. His body was gleaming with sweat.

"Master, what are you doing here?" Obi-Wan asked in surprise.

"What am I doing here?" Qui-Gon looked utterly at loss of words. "What the HELL are you doing here?"

"I was going to go on vacation, remember?"

Tahl held onto Qui-Gon's arms gently but firmly, in case Qui-Gon was entertaining any thoughts of killing Obi-Wan right on spot.

Qui-Gon's eyes flashed. "Don't smart-mouth me!"

"What?"

"You know exactly what I mean."

Obi-Wan looked in confusion at Tahl. Then a deep blush fl

8. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    ROTFL! This is s funny that my sides hurt. This is really a jem!
    "You just had to do it in the 'fresher, didn't you?" Qui-Gon groaned at Obi-Wan.
    "Well, yes, Master. You don't expect me to do it on a bed, do you?" asked Obi-Wan in puzzlement.

"Modern friendships."

"So, tell me, Obi-Wan, who does Siri like to do it better with?" asked Qui-Gon, finally regaining his speech ability. "With you or Garen?"
    "I don't know, she never said," said Obi-Wan, frowning mildly. "But I think that she enjoys it the most when all three of us do it together."

Really, really funny!

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I don't remember seeing this thread before.

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    fj: Why thank you! :D

Kitara: Oh, I wrote that handmaiden piece like in December and then stopped writing any more vignettes. Don't know why :confused:The story, itself, was in the Before the Saga forum a little while ago.

Aunecah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.