main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sins Of the Father JA/AU (Xanatos is Obi-Wan's Father) NEW POST APRIL 19! POST ENDS ON A HIGH NOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FELICIA_ZEZILI, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Title: Sins of the Father
    Author: Felicia Zezili
    Rating: PG-13 (Just to be safe)
    Category: Drama/Angst and somewhat messed up romance/ Obviously AU
    Summary: Before his final mission Xanatos has a love affair with a fellow Padawan. When it is discovered that she is pregnant great means are made to keep the birth of the child secret but Xanatos returns many years later for his son, Obi-Wan.
    Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars characters are the exclusive property of George Lucas. All others belong to me. I have no official permission to use these characters, but I'm not being paid for it either, so that's okay?or maybe not. Just don?t sue me please!
    Author?s Notes: Has this been done before? I have this nagging feeling that it was but I had to write this nonetheless. I?ve had to since Firebyrd mentioned this scenario. (I owe her a big thanks to for letting me use it) It took control of my life until it was all I thought about! How would the characters react to one another? What could some of the possibilities be? So, if this has been done before, I?m sorry didn?t mean to steal your idea. The romance parts are inspired by the HBO film ?Bones? Starring Snoop Dogg, who I am really afraid of now.

Chapter 1 ? A star is born

Jibril stood in the center of the Council Chamber. Staying true to the training that she had received at the temple, her sea green eyes remained raised though she wished nothing more then to lower them so as not to look at the council members and their scrutinizing gazes. She looked over to her master Mace Windu hoping to find some comfort and understanding. Hoping that when this was all over that he would remember that she was still the same Padawan that he cared for and trained for almost 8 years.

Her gaze then moved to another man who stood just to the side the council, Master Qui-Gon Jinn. He was hurting just as much as she was. She knew it even if he was shielding his emotions. His eyes reflected the same sense of loss and betrayal that were in Jibril?s.

Jibril was drawn from her thoughts when Master Yoda began to speak, ?Sad day this is with the news of Xanatos? turning and more complicated things have become with these new discovers.? Jibril couldn?t help but lower her eyes in shame.

Mace Windu looked over his padawan and sighed, ?We have to deal with this in a very discreet manner, for the safety of the child.? Jibril looked up and looked around the chamber as the other council members agreed to this. For the safety of the child or is it for safety of the Temple?s status? Jibril thought to herself. A child born out wedlock by two young Jedi apprentices one whom turned to the dark side would leave a mark of shame on the temple. So, of course we have to keep the Temple's reputation intact. She had to hold back on saying these words out loud though she knew that it was the true reason for keeping this a secret.

Almost over a year ago Xanatos and Jibril had started a secret relationship. At first Jibril had protested to the idea of them being more then friends, convinced that they would never get away with such ploy but Xanatos was persistent and eventually the young woman could not resist his charms.

They had kept the relationship very low key. They would see each other when they could but tired not to seem obvious by spending all their free time together. They resumed their everyday routine and usually when they were together there was no physically contact what so ever though force touches in each other?s minds made up for that. Jibril would even admit that it was somewhat thrilling to be going behind the Master?s backs with their secret and it seemed so harmless?at the time.

The night before Xanatos left for his final mission, He had come to Jibril?s quarters that She shared with her master, who was at a council meeting at the time. Even before Xanatos turned the corner down the hall where the small apartment was located, Jibril could feel Xanatos? anxiety of the up coming trial. When h

2. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Oooohh... very interesting! The question that immediately pops into my mind is... will Qui-Gon know who Obi-Wan really is?

Great start! I can't wait to see more!

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Felicia, this is most interesting. Please, a bit more? :)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I can't think of any stories like this that are currently out there. This should be interesting.

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Xan and Obi-Wan.What more needs to be said! :)

6. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Havoc_2Nite: Thanks! Your lucky that your question will be answered right in this chapter!

Jedi_Suzuran: nice to see you here Suzuran! Glad your interested in this.

PadawanKitara: Thank you for not coming afte me with the lightsaber Kitara! I will finsih this one. I have much planned.

obi_ew: hmmmm I don't really knwo what eles can be said. How about Shabado! or something along those lines...

Chapter 2 ? Born to fly

(12 years later)

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood in the center of one of the training rooms of the Jedi Temple. The young Jedi padawan anxiously shifted his weight form one leg to the other, feeling the mated floor under his feet. His ignited training saber was gripped in his hands. Sweat covered his palms. He looked over to the other Jedi student who stood a few paces away from him. The other student?s lightsaber was also ignited. To their right, two-dozen other initiates and a few other young Padawans were seated cross-legged on the floor, observing. But Obi-Wan paid no mind to them, trying keep his eyes on his opponent. Though his gaze would sometimes drift up to the observation gallery that was positioned slightly above the room. The young Jedi could not see through the glass of the observation gallery but he could feel through the force that there was someone up there watching the lightsaber lesson.

The Jedi Master who was instructing the class was walking casually around the students. Watching them as they waited for him to signal for them to start. The Jedi Master stopped his walking and raised his hand and then let it drop back down. The signal for the two initiates to start their mock battle.

Taking advantage of Obi-Wan?s distracted state, the other student attacked. Catching the movement out of the corner of his eye, Obi-Wan brought his own blade up just in time to block the blow from his opponent. The crackle of connecting lightsabers echoed through the training room. Using his body weight, Obi-Wan?s adversary began to push the young Jedi back. Obi-Wan jumped back and swung his lightsaber down, taking his opponents blade with his. For the split second that the other student was vulnerable, Obi-Wan kicked out his leg, hitting the other student in the midsection. The Student stammered back but quickly recovered. Obi-Wan raised his saber in defense ready for the next attack.

Above the training room, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn stood by the window or the observation gallery, looking down at the students going through their lightsaber lessons. He looked at the two students standing in the center of the room, paying particular attention to one of them.

The Jedi Master could not help but be astonished at how much the boy had grown. The last time he had seen him was many years ago just before Qui-Gon left on a mission. The Jedi Master remembered walking to one of the landing platforms where he would wait for the transport that would be taking him to his destination. When he reached the platform he was a little surprised to see Mace Windu and Yoda already there. A ship was landed on the platform but it wasn?t the one that Qui-Gon would be taking.

A woman with strawberry blonde hair walked down the landing ramp of the ship, holding a bundle wrapped in a blanket in her arms. She smiled brightly as she approached the two Jedi Masters. Her gaze briefly met Qui-Gon?s who was standing a short distance behind Mace and Yoda. She nodded her greeting to Qui-Gon before turning her attention back to the other two Jedi. The three had exchanged brief words before the woman kissed the bundle and then with a sad smile handed it over to Mace. The woman then bowed her head slightly and walked back to her ship. Master Yoda and Mace then turned and walked back towards the temple. Mace spotted Qui-Gon and stopped. ?Here to welcome the new arrival, Qui-Gon?? Mace asked as he pushed back a piece of the blanket that the bundle was wrapped in, to reveal the angelic face of a sleeping child who looked to be six months ol

7. Richard_Rahl

Richard_Rahl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Ohhh, this looks like it will be a very interesting story. :)

I can't wait for more!

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Very interesting premise for this story. Obi-Wan already being chosen by another master was a surprise. I look forward to this mission they will share with Qui-Gon. :)

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Obi-Wan already has a master- you've thrown another twiat into the mix.

10. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    I likey very much, Felicia. You've set things up great, what with Obi having another master.

More, please!

11. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    ***UP*** :)

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum.Should be interesting.I'm sure Xan won't like Qui having anything to do with Obi. :(

13. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Richard_Rahl: Thanks! Sorry for having to make you wait so long.

Sheila: Glad you approve and don't ask me how but the idea for the mission came from staring at my christmas tree while Harry Potter was playing on HBO in the back ground...

PadawanKitara: Man, i'm in the mood for a twix now.

Jedi_Suzuran: Well, I've either set it up right or written myself into a corner...::crosses fingers:: Don't want to the later.

jedi7: Thanks for the up!

obi_ew: Ihope it's interesting. Don't be sad. Don't worry be happy. I have an update!

Chapter 3 ? Case Of The Fake People

Obi-Wan fidgeted in his seat. Even with all the Jedi training that he had received the years, he still could not tamper down the excitement that he was feeling about his first mission. He sat beside his master and Master Qui-Gon Jinn at a long table in a small briefing room. In the center of the table was a holo projector. Obi-Wan leaned forward a little and looked over at Master Jinn. The young Padawan certainly knew of the Jedi Master?s reputation as a rogue. He had grown up in the crèche hearing stories about Qui-Gon?s missions throughout the galaxy. Now seeing the legendary Master in person and having the opportunity of Qui-Gon on a mission with master Anny and him, Obi-Wan was a little more then star struck.

Vach, a tall Jedi Knight with a dark complexion and dark hair that contrasted to her cream colored eyes, stood at the side of the long table, facing the three other Jedi. In front of her was a small keypad. The Temple archivist, Madame Jocasta Nu usually did the briefing of the mission but this time was a different situation. ?The Council thought I would be the best choice to brief you in your upcoming mission seeing as how I am a native to the planet you?ll be going to, Attica.? Vach said in a smooth tone.

She hit a few keys on the pad, her slender fingers flying skillfully over the buttons. The holo projector in the center of the table hummed to life and a small light began to form a few inches above the projector. The light grew bigger and then soundlessly exploded into smaller pieces that filled the entire room, forming translucent, miniature versions of the planets and other objects that filled the galaxy.

One of the mini planets floated before Obi-Wan?s face. He lifted his hand and reached out to it. The instant the tips of his fingers hit the plant, the light that formed it scattered. When Obi-Wan drew his hand back, the planet reformed. He saw his Master giving him a warning glance and turned his attention back to Knight Vach.

Vach punched a few more keys and the planets shifted as though they were in a ship going at light speed. The galaxy stopped and came to a close up to one particular planet. The rest of the light that formed the galaxy vanished leaving only that one planet in the cent of the Holo projector. ?Attica is located on the very edge of our galaxies perimeters. Despite it?s distance from the capital, Attica is far from a backwater planet. They have some of the most advanced technologies in this galaxy and a thriving economy. Most of their businesses are in Aulis, the planet?s capital city.?

Knight Vach hit another sequence of keys and another mini plane appeared. Floating a few feet away from mini Attica. ?They trade with a neighboring planet called Mysia. The Mysians have been having problems with another neighboring planet, Tenedos. A little over a year ago, an Attica transport was boarded by Tenedos authorities while en route to Mysia with supplies. They searched the ship and then left the transport. After the Tenedos authorities returned to their own cruiser, they were reported to have destroyed the ship, crew and all. The Tenedoians say that, that is not what happened. They claim that weapons where discovered on the ship and they suspected Attica of conspiring with Mysia to launch an attack on Tenedos. They say that the crew of the ship was told to evacuate and that they made sure everyone was o

14. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Woo, an update! :D

So Xan and Jibril are working together on this? Most interesting. Hope you give us a post soon, Felicia. :)

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Thanks for letting me know you updated! I would have lost track of this fic if you hadn't and its much too good!LOve the whole concept but most of all I love Xan and Obi! Hurry and give us more! :D

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Thanks for the pm. I promise to keep the little hamsters away for awhile as long as you promise to update this as soon as you can. :)

17. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    thanks for the pm, jibril has a right to be angry, they, (the council) took her child basically. 7

18. Richard_Rahl

Richard_Rahl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Thanks for the PM! :)

That was an awesome post! I love it went fics where Obi is in them, but when Xani is there too it's an added bonus! :D

19. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    Great LONG post! Poor Obi-Wan is just excited to go on his first mission and here we have Xanatos and Jibril waiting in the wings to reclaim their son. Yikes.

Great story. I look forward to more. :D

20. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    really good, Felicia! i can't wait for more!

21. Mel_J

Mel_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    What a unique and interesting story. I can't to see what happens when Xanatos tracks down his son and what Obi-Wan will feel when he finds out he was basically snatched from his parents' arms. Will he want to remain a Jedi or be with his parents?

Don't leave us hanging too long for the next post, that would be cruel to us poor readers!

22. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Jedi_Suzuran: Whooo another update...alittle late but better late then never right?

obi_ew: Aww thank Obi_ew. COming fomr someone who does Xani/Obi fics so well that means alot.

PadawanKitara: First you threaten me with a lightsaber then evil hamsters? I'm beginning to wonder about you, Kitara...

jedi7: Hey Jedi7! Yeah, Jibril's anger is justified. She does it all in the name of motherhood.

Richard_Rahl: Thanks! I was afraid people would be like "What?" for that last post and kinda the same for this. It made sense in my mind but then again alot of messed up things make sense to me.

Sheila: Yeah like always poor Obi-Wan. We should leave him alone...someday

freak-pudding: Thank you soo much! I can completely sympathise with you about fogetting to update...well,I didn't actually forget as much as I couldn't figure out how to get the event to work right. Chapter 4 is always my worst chapter. I'm cursed.

Mel_J: I knwo, I know so many questions but so few posts. I am deeply sorry.

Chapter 4 ? Devil in Disguise

The following morning a quick rapping sound resonated through the room where the three Jedi Mediators were staying. Master Anny placed her tea down and walked over to the door, pressing a button on the panel beside it to open the door. The door slide open with a faint whoosh sound revealing Jibril standing in the hall on the other side. Master Anny didn?t expect any sort of pleasantries to pass between them and decided not to ask the obvious and merely waited for Jibril to speak.

The younger woman forced a smile. She had to diplomatic. She couldn?t afford to let her contempt for the Jedi to get in the way of her goal. She had slipped up last night and now Qui-Gon would be on guard. ?I?ve been sent to brief you on how to act accordingly before Governess Valene.? She stated in a calm, even voice.

Master Anny looked at her for a long moment ?We?ve already been briefed.? Master Anny replied, matching Jibril?s tone.

?I know how the Jedi do their briefings, Master Anny. Don?t forget I was one of you for half my life. You?ve been given the basics at most. There are also certain smaller details that you won?t find in any documents that could mean the difference between peace and war.? Jibril finished her argument with a smug smile, thoroughly pleased with herself.

Master Anny considered this for a moment and then stepped back from the doorway to let Jibril enter. Jibril nodded her head out of reflect as she passed the Jedi master. She kicked herself mentally. She hadn?t been a Jedi for 12 years now but still some of the old habits lingered.

The two women walked into the living area of the small suit. It was the only room minus the three bedrooms that it was connected to. The remains of the light breakfast the Jedi had been served remained on a hover cart waiting to be taken away. Obi-Wan was kneeling on the ground, his hands folded and eyes closed. Obviously he was doing his morning meditations. Qui-Gon stood out on the balcony looking out at the city that was becoming increasingly busy as the morning hours grew late.

Master Anny walked over to Obi-Wan and lightly placed a hand on his shoulder to draw him out of his trance. She called for Qui-Gon join them and then waited for Jibril to begin. Jibril began her explanation of proper Attica etiquette. She had rehearsed this little speech for some time and could repeat it without thinking. As she talked she reached out with the force to connect with the natural Mother/Child bond that she shared with Obi-Wan. She treaded along it lightly not wanting to startle the young man, or gathered unwanted attention for the two Jedi Masters.

It saddened her that the bond was so weak and unnurtured but she would change that. She would bond with her son. Gain his trust and show him this was where he belonged. Where he was meant to be. With his Mother and Father, his true family. She pulled back from Obi-Wan?s mind as she came to the end of her monologue. ?Well, if there are no

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Love it! Can't wait to see Obi and Xan together for the first time! Hurry and write dang it! :D

24. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    Great post! Evil cliffie! :mad:

I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

25. Mel_J

Mel_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    Great chapter! I loved the scene where Jibril entered Obi-Wan's mind and when Qui-Gon confronted her about it despite having no real responsibility to the boy himself.

It's great to see Xanatos in a role that is a mix of both good and bad and I can't wait to see Obi, Qui and Xan all together- that'll be a reunion worth waiting for!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.