main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

White Blanket UPDATED ~~~~> March 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Nikita, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    First off the original galaxy belongs to The Flanneled One, as does his characters.

I guess you could call this an AU/JA. I've only read some of the books, so I'm basing some things off of other author's stories I've read. I'm also making it up too! :D It is sort of a continuation from "Sticks and Stones" It is not necessary to read that one before this one.

Obi-Wan is about 10 years old.
    In this universe... Qui-Gon is still training Xantos for a little bit.

Enjoy, and feed back would be nice!

~*Nikita*~

2. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Obi-Wan tramped through the snow that was falling heavily in the temple gardens. He silently cursed the force for it?s inopportune timing. His class had gone outside to study the trees for biology class, when it had started to snow. The wind had whirled the soft, white flakes until no one had been able to see. The Master teaching the class called for everyone to head inside to lunch.

Obi-Wan and his friend Bant had been studying a large Dimasy tree in the far back of the gardens, making it impossible to hear the teacher?s orders. They laughed in delight as the snow fell around them, turning everything into a beautiful landscape.

Bant had been amazed at the fluffy substance falling from the sky. She twirled and danced in between the trees, he laughter echoing all around. She?d never seen snow before and it was wondrous.

She lost track of Obi-Wan during her dancing, so she decided to go back to the big Dimasy tree to look for him. She shivered as the cold wind finally caught up to her.

?Obi-Wan?? She called out into the whiteness, realizing that she couldn't see five feet in front of her. ?Obi-Wan, where are you?? Bant listened for her friend?s voice, but didn?t hear anything. She rubbed her arms to try and stay warm, her skin wasn?t used to the cold weather, and she was shaking uncontrollably.

Thinking that surely Obi-Wan would have headed inside already, she started towards where she thought the door was.

~~~~~~

Qui-Gon was walking past the lunch room where most of the occupants in the room were gathered at the windows, staring in complete awe of the snow coming down quickly. He frowned when he saw the height of the snow that had fallen in only thirty minutes.

Qui-Gon quickly continued walking towards the indoor gardens, hoping to find a peaceful place to meditate. Their previous mission had been grueling, taking all the strength of his padawan and him put together to finish. Xantos had been exhausted when their transport had touched down. The younger man had barely made it into his room before he collapsed onto his sleep couch and fell deep into sleep.

Qui-Gon was tired too, but other things plagued his mind. He knew he would get no rest if he didn't;t meditate on them.

The master came upon a grassy spot under an overhang of young saplings, where he gracefully kneeled, settling into a comfortable position. He closed his eyes, seeking his center as something dark seeped into his mind, chilling him to the bone.

~~~~~

Obi-Wan huddled in his thin tunic, trying to shut out the biting cold. He couldn?t find Bant anywhere. He hoped she had gone inside, this weather was dangerous. If you got caught in a freak blizzard, you could die in less than five hours from hyperthermia. He mentally smacked himself as he realized he was in that exact position.

He quickly started to head towards the front of the gardens, hoping it wouldn?t take too long. He was hungry, and getting colder by the minute.

Minutes turned into a half hour, when he finally realized he was going in circles. He sighed as he tried to rub his hands together. He couldn?t feel his fingers anymore, or his toes. He winced as he put his hand to his face, his nose was going numb too.

Obi-Wan tried to keep moving, but his legs were getting tired. He fought back a yawn as he trudged through the calf height snow.

~~~~~

Bant shook herself off when she got to the lunch room. The snow fell onto the floor, leaving puddles of water everywhere. She shrugged her shoulders, and pushed open the doors to the large room. By now, everyone was sitting at their tables, enjoying a warm lunch. She moved through the line quickly and walked to her table with her tray,

As she reached the table, she set down her tray, looking around for Obi-Wan. When she didn?t see him, she asked Garen.

?Garen, have you seen Obi-Wan??

Garen shrugged his shoulders, and continued reading his holo magazine. She looked to Reeft who was gazing at her tray in obvious jealousy.

?Have you seen him?? Reeft?s gaze never left her tr

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek: No Obi-Wan! Wake up! *waves frantically* Qui-Gon, go get him! That Xanatos isn't worth your time!

*realizes is talking to characters . . .*

Um. [face_blush] Great story - I like how its going to far, and you have a nice writing style. Great job! :D

4. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Very good start. I wonder where this will lead us? In any event, I'm glad you're posting another story. Turns out I have time for one more in my collection of reads. ;)

FORWARD!

5. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    obaona~ Thank you! And don't worry, I talk to characters all the time! It happens to the best of us! :D

casper~ Yea! I'm on casper's preferred readers list! I'm glad you stick around for them all, it makes me feel special![face_blush]

Who knows what might happen! Maybe Obi's dead!!!!!!!{face_shocked]

6. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Oops! One of those darn double posts! Sorry!

7. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Pretty cool. I hope Qui-Gon saves Obi-Wan. Maybe that's what he sensed.

Anybody check out my story yet?

8. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Twelve_Motion~ You never know what Qui's thinking or feeling! He's such a stone face!

9. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Ok, ur right, i always have to come check things ouit and then post. What can i say, u know me too well :)

Hmm, Obi lost in the snow? Interesting concept for a stort, where in the world did u come up w/ this plot bunny?!?!
    And u certainly have a knack for coming up w/ the weirdest forms of Obi-torture i have ever seen- freezing in the snow??? ::shakes head::: How DO u do it?! :D

::Windstar Out::

10. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Bri~It's not nessasarily Obi-Torture! It just so happen's that when left under my care, he gets beat around the edges a little bit! [face_devil]

See I knew you wouldn't stay away for long!

11. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    This is interesting, Nikita. I hope there's more? :D

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi is lost in the snow. :eek:

Reminds me of a winter we had up here afew years ago. ;)

This is a great begining Btw! :)

13. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Jedi_Suzuran~ There's more don't worry! It's not going to be a long story, but I wouldn't leave you hanging right there...

Sara_Kenobi~ I love snow! We never get any here in Sandusky. Where are you from? Glad you like it so far!

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm from the great big pile of snow called Canada! :D

My province (Ont) is one of the worst to be hit with the stuff. So far were pretty lucky though. ;)

15. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Be thankful, Nikita, that you do live in Toledo.

As a matter of fact, I have an exclusive picture of Sara here, right now, as we speak.

;)

16. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    If you dont think making a 10-year-old boy freeze to near death in the snow isnt torture, then i dont want to know what is!!

And what do u mean San. doesnt get snow?!?!

Sheesh!

::Windstar Out::

17. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Sara_Kenobi~ Are you a french decendant? I don't know if it's fact or fiction, but from what I've heard, most people in Canada are some kind of French?

casper~ I don't live IN Toledo, but near it, Toldeo even gets more snow than us! We're right on the lake... ever heard of Cedar Point?

Bri~ Hey now! It's not my fault if someone gets caught in a freak snow storm! [face_devil] And Sandusky doesn't get snow, when's the last time we had a snow day? Oh, about two years!!!! Grrr!

There'll be a post either late Saturday night or Sunday afternoon... thanks for sticking with me!

~*Nikita*~

18. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    How about, hmm, i dont know, LAST WINTER

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    The Point? Oh yeah! Haven't been there in....hmmm.....ten years, and three years before that; Both times to the amusement park; never really got to see the rest of Cedar Point the town, especially on the second trip; which, btw, is an interesting story of survival. ;)

20. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Bri~ We def. didn't have a snow day last year!

casper~ no no no, you've got it all wrong. Cedar Point is ONLY the amusement park. But it is located in Sandusky... right on the lake. compreney?

post tom!

~*Nikita*~

21. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Yes we did! They gave a pity day after that one really bad snowstorm came in and we were one of the scant few schools who had classes that day. Ask if u dont believe me!!

22. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Bri~ I don't believe you, and I'm way too lazy to get up to ask someone... sooo I guess we'll both have to settle for a post!

Here it is everyone! Enjoy!

~*Nikita*~

23. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Qui-Gon stood slowly, stretching his weary muscles. His meditation wasn?t calming him. In fact, it was doing just the opposite. He felt something cold seeping it?s way into his mind, making him shiver. It was time to get back, he had a report to give the council early in the morning. He made his way through the quiet garden, touching the plants as he passed by.

He stopped suddenly as his vision dimmed. Everything seemed to swirl around him in a mist. He couldn?t see more than five feet in front of him. He staggered forward, arms out, reaching for something to support himself on.

Hands reached out and grabbed him. ?Master! Snap out of it!? The hands shook him, knocking him back into reality. ?Master what happened??

Qui-Gon blinked, his vision clearing. Xantos swam into view.

?I don?t know. I just got dizzy for a minute.? His padawan led him out of the room, back towards their apartment.

?Maybe it was a vision.? Xantos said quietly.

?No, I don?t have visions. No that?s not it.? Qui-Gon shrugged off Xantos? hands, and started off in the opposite direction of their rooms.

?Where are you going?? Xantos didn?t receive an answer. His master disappeared around the corner, leaving him alone. ?Not important enough to tell me.? He walked quietly back to his room.

~~~~~

Bant picked up speed as she ran through the halls. She didn?t stop to think as she barreled around the corner, right into someone else. She tried to stay on her feet, but the body she collided with was huge, towering over her. She quickly scrambled to her feet, bowing her head.

?I?m sorry Master. It won?t happen again.? As soon as the words were out of her mouth, she started to edge down the hall again. A hand gripped her shoulder, stopping her.

?Where are you off to in such a rush Initiate...?

Bant hesitated on giving the master her name. She looked up, and up, and up. Finally she came to the man?s face. She gasped as she recognized Obi-Wan?s savior. Bant grabbed his hand and tugged.

?Please sir, you have to come with me! He?s missing and might be frozen! Please!? Bant tried to pull him, but he didn?t budge.

Qui-Gon looked down at the little pink skinned girl, trying to understand what she wanted. She was in hysterics, trying to get him to follow her.

?Calm down. Right now.? Qui-Gon?s stern command stopped Bant?s wailing instantly. ?Good. Now who?s missing??

The girl took a deep breath. Qui-Gon held up a hand.

?Stop. Slow down, I want to be able to understand what you are saying.?

?Obi-Wan is missing. We were outside for Biology and we got separated when it started to snow. I thought he had already gone into lunch, so I went in too. When I saw he wasn?t at lunch, I came looking for help. You helped him before, please help him again!?

Qui-Gon stared at the girl confused. Who was she talking about, he had saved someone? Who? When? Did she say out in the snow?

?You said outside? In the gardens?? Qui-Gon?s eyes widened. The snow outside had to be at least three to four foot deep already. And it was still falling.

Bant shook her head yes. ?Will you help me??

?Of course, but first we have to prepare for the weather. We can?t be caught out there without the proper clothing. You run to Master Amox?s room and tell her what?s happened. I?ll get cloaks.?

Bant ran down the hall while Qui-Gon hurried to his quarters. He opened the door and called for his padawan. Xantos stuck his head out of his room.

?Yes Master??

?Get your cloak, we have to start a search for a missing boy out in the snow.? With that Qui-Gon flew out of the room, leaving Xantos to hurry behind.

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Yep, I'm from a long line of french canadians, but I know very little of the stuff! ;)

I hope Obi-Wan will be alright! It's an interesting twist that in this one that Xantos is still Qui-Gon's padawan.

Looking forward to the next one! :)

Cute pic Btw Casper! ;) I think I've seen it somewhere before. Like my backyard. ;)

25. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    This is lookin a little gloomy...

:::snaps her fingers and christmas lights appear everywhere:::

Much better!

Up

~*Nikita*~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.