main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

007: Everything or Nothing~3rd person Bond~

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by the_chosen_two, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Bond is back...

Dropping the FPS-style of previous outings, EA is bringing James Bond back again in this new third-person action/adventure.
    Brosnan has lent his likeness and voice to the main character, and EA promise that both new and old villains will make an appearance. Developed using an original script, locations span four continents and, as well as making use of over 20 weapons and gadgets, over the top hand-to-hand fighting using items such as chairs, tools, and bottles should prove a fun addition to the mix.

Both two-player co-op and four-player arena-style combat mission are promised.

:D Cant Wait.
    Dont worry for those who dont want a 3rd person game, EAs working on a new game which is a direct sequel off Goldeneye.

Screenies

EDIT: Wow, 6 threads on the front page, I think Im gonna take a break...

2. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Cool... But why aren't they working on a game based on the latest Bond movie "Die Another Day"?

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I'm no expert, but it could be because the movie sucked.

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm no expert, but it could be because the movie sucked.

And how.

I don't know why EA bother anymore, it's not as if anyone cares anymore, Nightfire really was'nt all that great (after playing the PC version, I was glad 'Game' had a 10 day no fuss refund policy), and if people REALLY think that EA can produce something as good as Goldeneye, they've got another thing coming.

5. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    I've never seen Die Another Day 007, is it really that bad?

My favorite Bond movies are probably GoldenEye 007 and License to Kill...

Now, back on subject, do you think this new 3rd person shooting game will be any good?

6. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    so this game is only for gamecube?

7. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    No... It's Multi-Platform. ;)

8. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    nice, but knowin ea they'll screw this bond game up too!

9. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    Hahaha... good point! :p

I'm looking more forward to the "Direct Sequel" to GoldenEye 007...

GoldenEye 007 ...(Best. FPS. Ever.) ;)

-President-JarJar "King of Kool"

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
      I'm looking more forward to the "Direct Sequel" to GoldenEye 007...

Um... that's the trick, Bond films don't usually have sequels. And for the fact that Boris (the comic relief) is dead, is there any good way they could make a direct sequel?

And if it's a direct sequel in development terms, well, I don't think Rare and EA are the best of friends, and when Rare were offered to make a Bond game again, they declined, for the fact they were working on Perfect Dark, which in essense, is GoldenEye's development sequel.

11. JustSaber

JustSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    I hope EA gets it right this time...but I'm not betting on it. The World is not Enough was okay, but the rest kinda sucked. GoldenEye is still good, even today.

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I've never seen Die Another Day 007, is it really that bad?

Ever wish you could just go back and change one thing in your life? For me it would be not seeing Die Another Day.

13. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    That bad eh? :p

14. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
      Ever wish you could just go back and change one thing in your life? For me it would be not seeing Die Another Day.

If I could change one thing It would be to have petitioned for the film not to be made.

15. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I thought Tomorrow Never Dies sucked harder than Die Another Day. And not to mention The World Is Not Enough! Who in the green hell would cast Denise Richards in the role of a scientist?

16. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Die Another Day wasn't that bad, but certainly of the worst Bonds :p

17. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I'm no expert, but it could be because the movie sucked. "

LOL! isn't that the truth, I personally think that all the Bond games have sucked since Goldeneye, and as far as the movies go, they're all just revamped versions of the last one! heres the story for 90% of the Bond films. There is a satelight (or some machine of mass destruction) there is 2 girls one of which is evil, and the other good. Then a Bad guy that has some freakish thing wrong with him comes and tries to kill Bond. And then Bond kills everyone in sight, and blows a ton of things up. I will say that Goldeneye was OK but not nearly comparable to good movies like Star Wars and LOTR etc...

Forcebewitya!

18. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    They need to get a decent engine for the Goldeneye sequel for a start. The Medal of Honor: Allied Assault engine is good. Modified Quake 3 if I remember rightly. The team that made that game 2015 is gone so EA should look to another team that has experience with the engine to make the game. At least then we have a chance of getting the game we want.

19. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    LOL @ Forcebewithya [face_laugh]

20. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    The Medal of Honor: Allied Assault engine is good. Modified Quake 3 if I remember rightly.

Correct, yes.

Nightfire used the same engine [face_plain] .

Bad Developer, I say.

21. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    No, Nightfire used a modified Half-Life engine, which is in essence a Quake 1 engine.

22. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    Bring back the GoldenEye 007 ENGINE!!!!!!!!

23. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
  24. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Are you sure?
    Half Life began life as a Quake 1 engine project, but Valve decided to make a quick engine update half way through making it, Half Life ran on a modded Quake 2 engine with extended .PAK algorithms allowing for better graphics at the time.

Actually... the Engine... I'm not entirely sure, I always read in PC Gamer UK that it ran off the Q3 engine, and when I played the Demo, I had the same OpenGL screen that you see when playing Q3A, Jedi Outcast, Elite Force and MOH: Allied Assault.
    I could be wrong.

25. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "Bring back the GoldenEye 007 ENGINE!!!!!!!! "

I wont buy another Bond game untill they do. Rare really knows how to make a good 1st person shooter!

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.