main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

007 Gustav Graves Icarus Suit

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by GreekGodChaos1234, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreekGodChaos1234

GreekGodChaos1234 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Yep, its me again, and this time I want to build the Icarus Suit that Gustav wore at the end of the film, Ive had this idea for about 3 years and this year I want to build it, but I need help. Can someone tell me what I material I can use for the outfit? I also need help with the wrist controls, with the buttons and displays and what not. I would really appreciate any help I could get, and please, please dont blow off this thread as you did with my other 007 costume thread, I really need help with this, and I will post pix during the construction if you help me, thanks.

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Well, keep in mind that not everyone will even know what you're referring to, so without some reference photos, it's hard to make suggestions.
    :)

Got any pics we can peek at of the movie costume?

3. GreekGodChaos1234

Mar 12, 2004
    o ya, lol, i knew i was forgetting a pic, http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/mgm/die_another_day/toby_stephens/die2.jpg , sorry, i mostly need help with the shoulder pads and all the plastic-round parts, cuz i have NO idea what im doing, but i think i have it mostly planned out :p

4. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    If you haven't had a look at studiocreation's Definitive How-To for tips on how to sculpt and vac armor, you definitely should.

If you don't want to go that route, there's always the option of cobbling things together out of found parts. Just look for things that have the same or similar shape, dimension, etc. to what you want to build, and then see if they can be altered or customized to match the costum piece you want to recreate.

5. GreekGodChaos1234

Mar 12, 2004
    sweet, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.