main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 007 Skyfall

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthLowBudget, Apr 19, 2010.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i have been really good. i almost got banned for mentioning robocop in the episode 7 forum too many times though. it was a close thing. i think i'm going to go see skyfall tomorrow.

2. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i am going to see it in imax. i need to buy the tickets now because i am concerned that the showing will sell out. have your robocop mentions in the episode 7 forum been compromised via mod intervention or are they still perusable? i ask because i suspect they will brighten my dark mood.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well played.

4. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    yeah, that was well played.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't really know. there was a thread asking what would make the sequels better than the prequels and i said robocop of course. that suggestion was met with little resistance, but the moment i suggested two robocops this mod guy was all over me and said i was about to "take a walk".

6. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    holy crap that is ridiculous. it's obvious that episode 7 would be better with two robocops or at least one golden robocop. for that mod to so readily dismiss that fact is absolutely appalling.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he also said i was trolling and spamming. the whole thing was pretty over the top.

8. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i'll say. and for simply offering up a GREAT idea. i think walt disney will love that idea and then won't that mod feel silly!

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think it would be cool if in episode 7 there was one golden robocop. but that's only sort of a teaser then in episode 8 there is a whole army of golden robocops, all on motorcycles.

10. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    yeah, i think that's the way to go. you really don't want to blow your wad too early with the robocops. i think episode 9 should feature a kaleidoscope of robocops, all colors, all sizes, all ranks, fighting a giant cyborg ant. the battle would be epic and many robocops would fall in the line of duty.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah and then it could turn out that the sequel trilogy was really just a dream that the rancor keeper had, which could set up the sequel sequel trilogy.

12. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    alright we really need to write this stuff down. we let those battlestar ideas fall through the cracks and i am not going to let that happen this time.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    When wouldn't golden Robocops be a welcome addition to any film? Especially armies of them?

Oh. If the title is "Robocop vs the One, Single, Sole, Only Golden Robocop in existence, ever, anywhere". Then it would feel like the producers took advantage of us the audience.

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    robocop totally fits the verisimilitude of star wars anyways. he could be like from some warrior culture or something

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    :) looking forward to seeing this on imax this weekend.

16. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I share a first name with a Bond villain yay!

I enjoyed it, it was a good Bond movie but I don't think it was anywhere near the best Bond movies.

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I was thinking the same. This was certainly one of the better Bond films due to the story, characters, visuals, and music. I thought they chickened out in killing M during the first attempt but was pleased with how she went in the end. Very emotional. Had me thinking about Goldeneye.

Did Shanghai not look amazing though? A bit jealous.

18. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    That was the best Bond ever. It was really pitch perfect with the music, characters, everything. Bardem was AMAZING.

19. LilZua

LilZua Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2012
    I want to see this so bad.. but I am in between paychecks at the moment I have some passes but they never take them for new movies... WHY DO THEY EVEN GIVE THOSE OUT!!!???

20. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    this was okay. yes, bardem was excellent and the best thing going for it.

i was very disappointed to discover that the new q was not played by a goat encased in wax, but by a murderous, horny boy with a unnaturally powerful sense of smell.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    And I said, "the Amp and JCC together again? Sure, I mean, what's the possible down-side?"

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Just saw it. The cinematography was amazing, especially the fight scene in Shanghai and everything in Scotland. I enjoyed Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes, though I wish Naoime Harris and Craig had more chemistry.

23. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    And Macau... I have got to visit that place.

Was that a real place, that abandoned island that Silva was hiding out at? I couldn't catch some of the dialogue about it...

24. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    it looked like kowloon but that is not on an island so i dunno.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Skyfall was pretty good- though I wouldn't say it's my favorite of the Bonds I've seen. I can say this is the most gorgeous Bond film ever shot, though. The visuals are outstanding. The action is solid (and, at times, pretty epic) and avoids the Ultra Shaky Cam that marred Quantum. The villain is pretty good (on the whole) and the supporting cast makes for a solid team. And a few nice nods to previous films as well.
    Given that GoldenEye was my first Bond, I particularly appreciated the exploding pen quip

It does have a few problems here and there, though- it has some severe tonal shift problems (particularly late in the film when it goes from "we're off to kick ass" with the Bond theme is full force but then cuts to a long ominous, introspective, quiet stretch of time) and a major sequence in the middle of the film revolves around the villain trying to out-TDK-Joker the TDK-Joker and it doesn't work because the moment becomes quite predictable, which harms some of the suspense.

Thankfully the subsequent pursuits make up for it, it's just the plots don't become as intricate as one might be anticipating, given the build-up (the false expectations of which are not helped by the music, at times, seeming like it was about to burst out the TDK fanfare).

Also, I think it's fair to say the film doesn't have anything in it quite as clever as other recent entries (such as the opera sequence in Quantum) but the visuals make up for it.