Spok, WA 05.19.06 Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Padmaye, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padmaye Jedi Knight

star 1
    May 19, 2006 Meeting Minutes:
    Time: 9 o'clock until about 1 o'clock AM
    Members Present: Reanna
    Alfredo
    Mason
    Kelli
    John

Topics of Discussion:

There was a brief mention of the float plans for next year's Torch Light Parade as well as talk of attending the parade tomorrow to gather ideas. There was much discussion and excitement about the type of clones to have James make. I am uncertain, however, as to whether any decisions were made or if there was an agreement that we needed more consultation time with James and the rest of the group. Reminiscing about Kelli's past physical abuse of John (they weren't fooling Mason or Alfredo; me, I was clueless...) was also an entertaining part of the evening. This led to discussion about how to persuade Kelli and John's children from rebelling and being Trekkies instead of SW fans. Natalie called and shared the good news ? hooray for Natalie and Bevan!! On a not-so-pleasant note, it appears my refrigerator is defrosting again. I call for a vote of no confidence in this particular Whirpool model...

We also participated in a prequel bashing session of Episode II. What's up with Anakin's sexy waxed chest? Hooray for the Jengo Fett versus Obi Wan water fight on Kamino! Everyone agrees that the seismic charges are totally cool. The imagery for Episode II is very angular, John noted. Darth Maul had more character than Count Dooku; Count Dooku was just too proper and his instrumental role too obvious (I will always feel he made a much more convincing Saruman).

As the evening progressed, there continued to be much chatter and general visiting. Random thoughts expressed by everyone were producing many laughs, so I decided to record of few of said expressions as I typed meeting notes. These are a few which appealed to me, and which I was able to catch; rest assured there were many more funnies that were missed but were appreciated none-the-less. Without further ado, here are just some of the ridiculous quotes of the evening. Do enjoy, and feel free to attend the next meeting, as I am positive there is much more where these came from...

?...and all their bits.? (John referring to the pieces of ships that bombarded his ship after he blew them up in his Galaxies game playing adventures).

?Are you kidding?!? She'd gun for me.? (John's response to still doing the Kessel run if it were to be included in the game Galaxies in reference to Kelli's alleged lack of participation).

?No spice labs?? (Reanna's quiet addition to the description of where spices originate, such as in mines).

?We were whores!!? (John re: being a spice smuggler).

?Hey you guys ? smugglers just get to have more fun.? (John about why he chooses to be a smuggler and play Galaxies as opposed to some other SW game as a Jedi).

?Somebody should have thrown a chimney at him!? (Alfredo's reaction to Jar Jar Bink's speech to the Senate).

?We have reached the point in our relationship where he picks my scabs and I pop his pimples.? (Kelli about her and John ? need I say more? Please refer to the last quote for a rather appropriate response).

?Chode-a-licious.? ( An absolutely craptastic new word courtesy of John).

?The question is: how do robots dream?? (John, when C3PO said he had had the weirdest dream).

?It's a kind of cooties you want to get.? (John about girl cooties).

?Women glisten, men rot.? (John's wisdom pertaining to the sexes).

?Icky to infinity...?

With quotes such as these, how can any of you even think about missing the next Spokantina meeting? See you all June 2nd for more fun!

Padmay
  2. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Sounds like the meeting was a blast :)
  3. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, Nat. Sounds like a good meeting with many important points made. I agree that Maul is definitely better than Dooku (as John and I found out, few clone troopers are a match for Maul :p )
  4. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    Maul was a snivelling sicophant compared to Dooku, all flash and fancy moves. A glorified thug. Dooku, at least had the cunning and ambition to be a true Sith Lord.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.