main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

08-08-08 The OFFICIAL Beijing Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Darth_Brutus666, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah... finally up, but still tired. I don't know when I actually managed to fall asleep, but it was late.

Doing this again would be nice, as long as its not another dead-of-night game. Ugh.

Also, I don't like the no-stoppage, no-timeout style of International rules. Especially given how I was going back and forth between rooms, it made it very hard not to miss much. I missed a little, but not too much.

And I'm also disappointed that the Olympics are over. 'twas a lot of fun, especially with last night's game and Michael Phelps' 8 golds, and the many other incredible stories this year. 4 years till London... is a long time :(

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Well, there's always the Winter Olympics in two years. We'll get to look forward to speed skating drama, figure skating drama, the Flying Tomato and company, and seeing if Bode Miller can actually make the medal stand. [face_dancing]

3. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    True, winter Olympics are good too... but its not the same, either.

Still something to look forward to. Where is it for 2010, again? I know I've heard it, but I'm drawing a blank and can't remember.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Vancouver.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Thats right. I knew it was somewhere I should remember.

6. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    It was a very good, very fun Olympics. I paid more attention than I did in '04, and I'm glad that I did.

I thought 2010 was in Montreal. Hmm.

7. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    It's in Vancover. Short track speed skating is my favorite event in either olympics.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That was one of the most entertaining Olympics I've ever watched, and I don't think that's just me overreacting to recent/instant history.

From Phelps, to Bolt, to the Chinese Divers, to the Gymnastics Drama, to US struggles in Track, to the Softball upset, to the Basketball team, to the amazing Water Polo journey, to the referee getting kicked in the head.

Just an all-around awesome games. Kudos to China, kudos to the IOC, and kudos to the Athletes who entertained and wowed us for two weeks.

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    also the US Volleyball teams doing very well on the beach and in the gym men and women's.

10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Did they ever finish the investigation into the Chinese girl's age? Or is it going to take a few more days or weeks?

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I heard they wanted to have the Chinese gymnast thing over with by closing ceremonies, so I suppose they must've put it to rest. And I'm assuming the Chinese hid it so well that we will never have proof.

I've really enjoyed the Olympics this year, and I've never watched so many of the summer ones that I did this year. Though I still must say that I do love the winter Olympics more, so bring on 2010!

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Certainly, Vancouver isn't going to be as fancy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.