main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson 09/08 Reid Park Zoo Planning Meeting and fun day 9am

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Aug 27, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Come enjoy the zoo while getting an idea for the layout of the Howl-O-Ween event!!

Time: 9am

You are responsible for your own admission.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll do my best to be there and will bring my 100 ft. tape measure (you never know, it can't hurt).

3. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    And who says size doesnt matter??

Anyway.. we will be there..
    Kids are welcome I am assuming.
    Is this correct?

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Bring the kids.....

... gotta have something to feed the lions.

LOL sorry, could not resist!

5. 14of3amberofborg

May 22, 2006
    Oh come on... They dont let you feed the lions...
    Only the Giraffes...
    and they get cookies...

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Does that mean the giraffes have gone over to the dark side?:eek: :_|

7. 14of3amberofborg

May 22, 2006

As you well know, the Dark side RAN OUT of cookies...
    All we have left is chorizo....:rolleyes:

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I will not be able to make this (and it sounds like fun, I really want to go) but I have to work, fact of life.

Can someone get pictures also?

9. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    mmmmmmmmm chorizo....tempted i am....but resist i must....mmmmmm chorizo....

now if you had said coke classic and hersey's kisses with almonds....i'd be lost to the Darkside

10. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    chorizo, coke, and almond hershies kisses!! MMMMM thats just up my alley!

Dusty, I will be able to make this pending my new schedule.

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    sweet, remember InNout is right aroudn the corner!!

Jed also said the blast door is a go! As long as its secure and theres no risk of it falling hes cool with it, it we build ANYTHING I think this should be it with the promo board

12. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    OK who is planning to do Minis tomorrow night? After RPG.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Was RPG or Minis at 1:00 PM in Saturday?

I lost track of what is when in the other thread.

The Zoow is 9:00 AM and something was after it but I can't keep track of what is what.

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Jed will be meeting us between 0915 and 0930 at the front gate. Hes a busy guy being education coordinator and I dont want to take much of his time, so those interested in the planning aspect of this meeting please please be on time.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Good luck! You guys have a fun and productive time today.

Remember to "convert" the garaff to the darkside for me. [face_devil]

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

All due respect to everybody and anybody involved, but this is NOT the RPG thread nor is it the Minis thread. Each of those activities has THEIR OWN THREAD. I would personally appreciate it if you could keep the discussion of RPG/Minis to their respective threads and stop hijacking other threads to talk about your games.

I do not believe this request is out of line.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Not out of line at all. You are 100% correct.
    I was one of the people that posted on the mini subject within this thread , and for that I apologize publicly.

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Wellt he meeting was great, and the zoo staff spoke to us for over an hour, basically they are moving us up, from about where the giraffe feeding area ends all the way intot he polar bear area, in short, its a much much wider area and the bottle necking problem shouldnt occur as much (corssed fingers)

We decided to build the blast door as the DSG has graciously offered upt heir death star wall backdrops. Building dates to be announced. Most likely at Chriss house for the room.

Still no blasters.

If you can bring a bag of candy please do.

Ill post a list of things we need to bring in a day or so to get volunteers.

I think this year will be our best yet, I really hope everyone comes to experience it and spread the word about the fan force!

19. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Trying my best to get both Sat and Sun off, but I can gaurantee I'll be there at least on Friday night.

Let me know if you need my help getting he Death Star Wall from Phx...(give me 2 days notice if poss.)

20. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Well I do.

The thread also says 'fun day' on the end and so therefore I assumed I might as well post in this thread because I was talking about that day. My bad if I 'hijacked' your thread with my 'games'. I just assumed that anyone reading this thread would be considering being there, and then possibly doing other stuff that day. I know that not everybody reads the Minis and RPG threads, so I wanted to get the word out to other people. What is so wrong about that?

I don't mean to be rude, and I know this came across as such, but jeez. BTW when have I ever committed this atrocity before?

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Wow. You are absolutely right. Who am I to tell people where they can and can't post whatever they want. I am not an officer, I hold no office, I have no authority whatsoever.

Post whatever you like wherever you like whenever you like.

This isn't fun anymore. I'm out of here.

22. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Mike the "fun" part was inteded to be at the zoo after the meeting. You know like lets go to the zoo have a meeting and then hang out there for a while. First RPG has a planning thread stickied for this purpose so not to crowd other threads or get off topic in other threads. The minis thread has stayed close to the top which is the only reason why a sticky has not been made.

Basically minis and RPG have their own threads to keep other threads clear of it just like costuming events each have their own individual threads. Many if not all of us have been guilty of crossing topics so please from this point on if we can try not to please do it will add less to the mix.

23. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm not really on any other forums, so I am not totally familiar with the protocol, so I didn't really know that mixing threads was a big deal. I kinda overreacted, too. Thanks for not yelling back. The last thing I need is for this group to hate me as much as people at work and school do. This group is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I'm sorry things unfolded this way. My bad, everybody. I'm gonna go re-read the rules for the forums.

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    No big deal, we've all done it.

25. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Exactly my point Damian and all I can ask is that we try our hardest to refrain from doing so.

Mike although you have seen me yell I actually try not to do it as often as you may think. Many things can be resolved without an argument when just a simple explanation would suffice.